PDA

View Full Version : Eliminate the safe slot in the quickbelt

Strych9
27-01-04, 17:23
My proposal (and no this isnt new or unique):

1. Remove the safeslot from the quickbelt
2. Non-LE users, when killed, drop one item at random from their QB/Inventory/Armor.

There can be plenty of variations or changes, but those are the key aspects I want to see happen.

What I think this will bring about

1. PvPers have to make choices. Use a rare weap or a really good non-rare weap. We all know that people can be killed with a CS or Libby or whatever. Happens all the time. Really skilled players could pull it off no doubt.

2. Increase in tradeskill (research and constr) activity. People would no doubt be using non-rares more often, and thus will want to have a few 5 slotted TPCs ready to back up their 2 slot CS in case they ever lose it.

3. Increase in rare tech part hunting/trading. You will see more pepole interested in rare weaps, and a lot more activity in securing rare weap parts.

4. Longer lasting combat. In situations where rares arent used, you will still see the same action you see now, but it will just last a tad longer.

5. Death has meaning. This would make there be more of a rush to the PvP aspect of the game. Sure someone could gank you with their rare weap, and you could lose something of yours- but you attacker would be just as a big of a target since he could drop something as well.

Thoughts?

[TgR]KILLER
27-01-04, 17:31
Safeslot = t3h win.. higher TL items level faster so i use the FA or HL to level.. and sure as hell i won't level with them without a safeslot.. i won't do any PvP cause i aint gonna lose weapons i saved up for ages

WebShock
27-01-04, 17:36
why?

i dont like this idea. not everyone runs around with just one rare. I for one have multiple rares on me at all times.

i dont agree with any of your points. I like the way things are now. In all actuality i wish we had 2-3 safeslots

Lethys
27-01-04, 17:37
Only if the rare part drop rate is put back up to what it used to be.

Yes, i mean at least 2 techs per warbot.

Judge
27-01-04, 17:39
If you sort the shit out of the rarepool and raise the droprate a little bit then possibly.

Marx
Originally posted by Lethys
Only if the rare part drop rate is put back up to what it used to be.

Yes, i mean at least 2 techs per warbot.

My thoughts exactly.

Psyco Groupie
the item dropping straight to the floor sucked, and everyone who played then knows it, this would destroy pepper fighting not the guards.

oh and you'll get the retarded ppu monks furiously clicking at the floor during battles harvesting peoples stuff .. or a stleathed nubbin'

also the safeslot is nice for hunting in non warzones (or anywhere on jupi) so you can use rares and go afk if the real world should need you to really fast .. etc

also belts stop you losing your other items ... if you've crashed and got killed carrying more than one rare .. or maybe your monk pa .. you've got some chance of not losing your rare/semi rare item to a dumbass mistake/ gank squad or bug

no. - its still fine as it is apart from maybe if you couldnt loot anything belt or mob in stealth

subsys
its bad enough losing a few 100k's worth of armor, i like to know my cs/hl/pestalance is safe ^^

deac
27-01-04, 17:44
during the time we had that system I picked up 6!! cursed souls and 2 liberators.... even then i didnt like it....

one safe slot rules....

well it sucks for ppus but thats another story...

ezza
27-01-04, 17:50
if the playing conditions were ideal id say yes no safe slot.

but...you zone get stuck in sync in PP die lose CS.
..great :\

some classes can go without a rare(Pistol PEs) while tanks non rares suck atm.

the way the game is atm id rather keep the safe slot(for now anyway)and just have the item from the current drop pool fall to the ground

in essence id go with what you say, but there so many factors outside of PvP that fuck you over.

last night for example, i synced into an apartment then proceded to crash while a enemy runner was watching me.

if i had of died and lost my rarein a situation like that i would of been so pissed.

sort problems like that out and im game

Gungnir
27-01-04, 17:50
--
More safe slots should be earned. A runner with an SL of 100
should get a second; SL150 a third.

Currently, you get no reward for being a 'good runner'. Simple
system that's effective toward doing that.
--
Gungnir

Strych9
27-01-04, 17:52
Originally posted by Gungnir
--

--
Gungnir I am down with that assuming that all of the neg SL bugs get fixed. :) My droner has now magically taken part in three runner deaths even though they were on my team (I know that is being fixed) AND he has always had his LE in (no mention of a fix for that yet).

Does SL even ever get that high????

Strych9
27-01-04, 17:56
In response to the rest of the comments:

Oh well, so much for the dangerous gritty world of Neocron, eh?

Mumblyfish
27-01-04, 17:57
Heh, bad enough that my murdering bastard character loses everything every time he dies. I'd be MEGA pissed if some goodie-two-shoes got more safeslots :)

On that note, I feel that EVERYONE should have a safeslot. Yes, even red soullighters. And they should only drop one item a death, too.

IMO the only thing soullight should affect is your treatment by the NCPD, notifying players that you're evil, and how easy your belt is to hack.

/minor derailment ++

ezza
27-01-04, 17:57
--

--
Gungnir you may not get a reward for being good, but where the benefit in being bad, you get red SL, open your safe slot and drop 5 items of death, yeah great, red SL should just be a warning to other people to show there a bad guy/outlaw, not a signal to say this guy is one of the few who can drop a rare and is dumb enough to get red SL in the current system

metalangel
27-01-04, 18:04
Nah, keep the slot. And maybe fiddle what we drop when killed from our inventory... a lot of people are losing PAs and then the belts disappear/get hacked, which is incredibly annoying.

cRazy2003
27-01-04, 18:10
like ive said before if i lost my 5 slot artifact ultimated rog i wud be pritty damn pissed as ive done it in the past with a 4 slotter. and i agree with more sl then more slots :p

Psycho Killa
27-01-04, 18:12
God you whimps.

I hope neptune comes out with no safe slot.

The game was a 1000000 times better when rares changed hands daily it was good excitement and a nice reward for winning a fight.

Though if this happened a weeding out of shitty rares and a change in the ease of getting a rare weapons of course should be changed.

Hopefully people will use the vendors coming to sell there parts rather then let them collect dust in there apartment.

Mumblyfish
27-01-04, 18:13
And if you weren't very good then it was a brilliant reason to cancel your subscription... :rolleyes:

Archeus
27-01-04, 18:14
Dont reward SL, it is too easy to gain and so easy to loose.

A better system would be a faction scoring system. The higher the rank in the faction the more safeslots (or other benifits).

So Trade with hostile faction person = loose Faction score.
Team with a hostile = loose score over time.
Loot a hostiles belt = gain score
Kill an enemy faction member = gain faction score (small amount to stop macro killing and base on rank)
Kill a neutral = loose score
Kill a faction member = loose massive amount of score.

Well you get the general idea. they are only examples but I think rewarding people to forcing them into F6RP would be better then rewarding based on SL.

mehirc
27-01-04, 18:14
No Safeslot would make no big difference atm because if you want to make your own senseful QB-setup you cant really care about what is in slot1. See my Thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88415) about that.

If you mean that stuff should drop everywhere like it is on Jupiter i have to say that fights are lot more fun without drops. You can go into fight even if you know that the enemy is way more than you and you would have only little chance to win, but at least you can try it without allies and without the fear to really loose something. People also tend to play more unfair if they get any extra advantage and that could cause more frustration by and by.

I dont think that a rareweapon is more worth than a builded one. A rare does not need 5slot and ultima to be a good one and there is alot more effort to get a good nonrare.

I agree that it would be much cooler if more people would use nonrares but its imho not the safeslot that makes everybody using rares. It could be interessting if 5slot ultimated weapons would be better than their rare equivalent. The tradeskills would be increased for sure and the new playershops would be even more welcome.

Psycho Killa
27-01-04, 18:15
Last time I checked rares werent rare at all.

There not rare there not a symbol of powe since everyone and there mothers can get one basicaly a rare means absolutely fucking shit in this game.

Like I said bring on neptune and u pussies can have your ultimated 5 slotters and all that shit.

Strych9
27-01-04, 18:15
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
God you whimps.

I hope neptune comes out with no safe slot.

The game was a 1000000 times better when rares changed hands daily it was good excitement and a nice reward for winning a fight.

Though if this happened a weeding out of shitty rares and a change in the ease of getting a rare weapons of course should be changed.

Hopefully people will use the vendors coming to sell there parts rather then let them collect dust in there apartment. Glad you posted PK. I thought everyone had gone soft.

Psycho Killa
27-01-04, 18:17
If youve never pvped with a rare back with the old drop system you dont know the 10th of how exciting neocron can be was the most thrilling fights ive had in any game EVER.

Haha its funny how like 90 percent of the community is for pvp but all these l337 pkers are to fuckin pussy to lose there precious 4 slot cs when they can just gank one from someone else if there so hardcore.

ezza
27-01-04, 18:18
back then all i remember is being a monk, and when i was beating people they would simply stick there rare away as soon as they looked like they were going to lose

mehirc
27-01-04, 18:18
--

--
Gungnir

Very good idea, i am definitly missing some reward for that. But then there must be a better SL-system where you dont loose more than 100 SL just for boxing someone wrong. :p

Psycho Killa
27-01-04, 18:19
Thats why that would have to be prevented in some way. Hell people would stick poisin glands in most there slots thats why I think it should be...

Drop one of your 10 most valuabel items no safe slot. You drop it into a belt that can be accesed by the person who did the most damage to you for 60 seconds and then is locked for hackers to access.

Strych9
27-01-04, 18:20
Originally posted by ezza
back then all i remember is being a monk, and when i was beating people they would simply stick there rare away as soon as they looked like they were going to lose Ezza, thats because drops came from belt only. I am advocating inventory and belt, not belt only.

So you wouldnt see any more of that (people putting away weaps when they might lose).

And PK is right. Combat was MUCH more fun before the safeslots.

FunkEFerret
27-01-04, 18:33
here's the problems I see with the loss of 1 item:

broke n00bs + PK in the sewer = n00bs leaving
hunting would become a pain in the ass

as for the "we need more rare trading/hunting/refresh the rare pool" that tons of ppl whine about. I see no lack of ppl ASKING to trade/buy rares.....but I almost never see anyone trading/selling rare parts.

this would only benifit gankers

Fights would last longer.....yea right 60/60 tank vs 0/2 anything guess what CS or Tangert Plasma Cannon still same "fight" time....1/2 sec

it wouldn't improve OP fights at all....still no belt drop

it wouldn't help n00bs at all.....they will be the ones loosing

sorry friend, but I see no reason to look over my sholder than I already do...

Strych9
27-01-04, 18:41
Originally posted by FunkEFerret
here's the problems I see with the loss of 1 item:

hunting would become a pain in the assIf the LE is in, no drops. Broke noobs should have the LE in.

My second answer to this is that its EASY and FAST to replace noob weapons. But the first answer is sufficient.

Remember, with this change, the LE would be an actual PvP switch. You dont wanna PvP and risk losing an item, you leave it in. Broke noobs should leave it in.
as for the "we need more rare trading/hunting/refresh the rare pool" that tons of ppl whine about. I see no lack of ppl ASKING to trade/buy rares.....but I almost never see anyone trading/selling rare parts.You must be on Pluto then. On Saturn this is quite often.
this would only benifit gankersBut the gankers would have a chance to lose their weaps too, so there may be less ganking done with rares.

Everyone would benefit, not just gankers. And people gank now. So no net disadvantage.
Fights would last longer.....yea right 60/60 tank vs 0/2 anything guess what CS or Tangert Plasma Cannon still same "fight" time....1/2 secLOL. Yeah, all op fights in Neocron are 60/60 tanks vs 0/2 runner. Give me a break. Could you make a more slanted series of arguments?

0/2 runners should have their LE in, as I pointed out above.
it wouldn't improve OP fights at all....still no belt dropOp fights would last longer. Remember, you ignored that in your above comment about fight duration. And items would drop... no one said op fights had to keep the warzone rules.
it wouldn't help n00bs at all.....they will be the ones loosingWho is a more appealing target? A runner with a high level weap you can steal, or a runner with a low level weap you can steal?

Drops make high level runners more appealing targets.

And noobs should have in the LE.

Archeus
27-01-04, 18:49
Originally posted by FunkEFerret
hunting would become a pain in the ass

noobs are spoiled these days, when I started off there were times when I didn't even have enough to GR, let alone get my inventory back. I had to get someone to help me or go punch stuff to get cash. This was with an LE in too.

To a PPU the safe slot means nothing anyway, pretty much every single item I carry is worth a lot of dosh (it has to be). Having the chance of one them not dropping means nowt.

Something that sets us apart from every other character, who can easily just throw a weapon into the safe slot and use cheap crap to go fight, or traders can gogo hug for protection. PPU uses cheap crap then the PPU is pretty much useless.

Neptune won't have LEs (assuming neptune ever appears), and TBH when the server comes I'll move to it in a heartbeat despite the fact I'm pretty much known as the gimp on Pluto. :)

ezza
27-01-04, 18:51
lol i started off getting ganked twice, lost my only spell so had to punch mobs to earn the money to replace the spell i lost

VetteroX
04-02-04, 08:09
I am for the safeslot... ill say why.

1) this game isnt satble. I WILL NOT STAND LOSING MY RARE TO A CRASH. I WILL NOT ACCEPT IT. and this game crashes all the time.

2) Its not even.... if a pe or spy is losing, they stealth... if a tank or monk is losing... he loses and dies. Thefore low tech pes, tanks and monks would be losing rares, but very few judges, first loves silent hunters etc would drop.

PK... we have played togeather/talked a lot in game and agree with you on most things but we just cant agree here... I dont think its "pussy" to not want to lose your rare to a crash. Also, whens the last time you have been a pe or tank or apu playing a lot.... not leveling, but fighting every day, month after month. You were a pe to start and have a pe now but you used to being a ppu and not dieing. I am usually a pe or tank, and I fight all day.... and I cant always get people to help me so im almost always outnumbered, even when people come with me.

Also, its just not as simple as "oh your better so you will kill them more and gain more then you lose" I disagree.... maybe if your a cs tank u can easily gank a cs, but i dont see a ton of lib pes... pes use ton of diff weapons... same if your a slasher spy... try finding an enemy spy usuing a slasher, then kill him before he stealthers, then get the luck that he drops his slasher, AND get the luck its good slot and modded how you like.... good luck. So, holy lightning and cs's may be flying all over, but some weapons wont.

Then again theres another matter.... most people are pussies. Example: TWO people, me and eledhbrant, raided TG. WE owned them. So they ran to guards. 3 tgs waited. 4 tgs waited. 5 tgs waited. Finnaly when they had SIX they attacked us. and because we arent cowards like they are, we stayed and fought. 6vs 2, we lost... and thats waht ALWAYS happens. 2 city mercs tanks are in j01. See me, fight with me. start to lose. run to guards. waiti wait wait. their ppu, apu, and pe come. now 5 vs1. then they come out. So, the actual drops will be difficult to get... if they remove guards and put a 10 second timer on zoneing it would be ok, but this isnt the case.... oh and cause I KNOW someone will say it, no, I cant catch them before they escape, unless your an apu its pretty hard. try killing another tank with CS as he runs away.... if hes got good speed its near impossible, especially with lag.

Then we have the tp drop rate which sucks, and TONS, TONS of useless parts, all the stupid rare drone parts which SHOULD just be sold in stores or accuried for an epic, they are worth 3 mil a piece the day its out but after 3 days its worthless cause all have a bp. then we have lowtech melee etc. so GL getting rares that way.

Also, a lot of people who want safe slot gone are people who will always win... people who have a large group of rl freinds who play, people who have freinds who play all the time and are always there to help them, or have a large clan... I dont have that. I have assorted freinds and allies who help but they arent always there to help... should i just not leave my apt or not use my rare when they arent on? Cause as good as I am if I run into an apu/ppu im dead if im alone.

So, IF NC was changed to never crash never synch, tp drop rates was upped and useless rares deleted, guards were removed and there was a 10 second zone timer and stealth was nerfed to have a 10 second recharge time slat slot gone could work. However, as the game currently stand, it wont.

Anyway, ive gotten plenty of rares.. cause people are stupid. I have 4 cs's on saturn, one is a 4 slot, 3/4 are ganked from pk victoms. 4 slot fa ganked, 4 slot holy thunder ganked, 2 slot firestorm ganked, 3 slot holy antibuff ganked, ap sanc ganked, holy lightning ganked, lib ganked... the list goes on... people are stupid and carry 2 rares, or get red sl... kill enough and you will get rares.

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 08:21
good points from vet .. especially the stealth one :)

CR@SH
04-02-04, 08:45
I gotta agree with PK i used to get a rush out of neocron back when we could drop our rares. There was nothing so satisfying as pvping all day long and coming up with 5 rares and then some uber non-rares to boot. Everyone could argue that if we went back to no slot that it would decrease pvp. I honestly believe it would increase pvp because i sure as hell would be trying to kill someone if i knew they could drop their 5 slot CS. Put it back like it was in beta, anything in your quickbelt has the possibility of dropping when you fight. I used to love being extremely quick at moving my rare into my inventory right before i died.

Two things would have to be set in place for this to be effective now. Firstly the rare drop rate would need to be returned to their old values, and secondly we need to keep the warzones as no dropzones. If both of these were to happen i would be completely for going back to no slot.

And as someone else pointed out everyone is just stockpiling weapons now because you never lose them, so this is putting tradeskillers out of work. So won't someone please think of the tradeskillers and go back to no safe slot :p

deac
04-02-04, 09:17
as a ppu i say hell yea! remove the save slot... as a droner I couldnt care less...

but my pe might not like it :\

El Barto
04-02-04, 10:33
How about, NO

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 10:35
I thinks safe slot should be eliminated, but only if the items fall out on death and not in a stupid belt, OR if we could take the belts to hackers to get it hacked.

g0rt
04-02-04, 10:37
Originally posted by El Barto
How about, NO

How about, EVERQUEST (http://www.everquest.com)

I hear you don't lose anything in that carebear game! You'll fit right in!

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 10:38
It amazes me how some of the people who claim they are hardcore or hate carebears are so against loss of safeslot or similar stuff.

wtf?

That's why I thought it was odd when so many people voted for no belt drops in warzones on pluto, when so many claim it's the hardcore server.

g0rt
04-02-04, 10:41
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
It amazes me how some of the people who claim they are hardcore or hate pkers are so against loss of safeslot or similar stuff.

wtf?

That's why I thought it was odd when so many people voted for no belt drops in warzones on pluto, when so many claim it's the hardcore server.

They don't understand that what goes around comes around. Sure one day you might drop a tasty 3+ slot rare weapon. But the next day you might kill someone and get THIER 3+ slot rare weapon. And with rare weapons dropping to the floor all the time, people will pick them up, have no use for them, and sell them. People who have LOST thier rare weapons will buy them and enjoy them.

The price of rares goes down, the overall availability of rares up, the database is less cluttered with apartments full of rare weapons that get collected up, and people have more fun pvping knowing they have something to LOSE if they die. Gotta take a risk to get ahead right?

Its a win win situation, it really is.

jvasquez33
04-02-04, 10:45
Im so in favor of removing the carebear safeslot bs. You wanna go out and pk, better be prepared to lose your shit then. I remember when I would go out to pk I would lose items and shit. Ive lost a cursed soul to shotgun, but I got it back from him (thanks). But ended up losing 2 cursed souls anyways lol. I guarantee pk goes down alot if they do this. You will only see the true hardcore pvpers out there pkin for sure. SO YES TAKE AWAY THE CAREBEAR SLOT!!!!

BombShell
04-02-04, 10:50
hehe i remeber starkes had like 10 libbys in his gogo :) from all
that ganking.

rade dont worry alot of peeps talk big. but never act big.

i lived throu it i can live throu it agin

and lets hav quickbelts open to non hackers.

or we can add my mog system :) for pvp i keep talking about :) but everyone says it suxs. btut yet everything else seems worst. :)

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 10:52
Mog system? What's that?

BombShell
04-02-04, 10:53
Edit-- I would say this thou. make all epic rewards more valuable in PvP. But not as powerful as rares. so that way u can get a rare with a weapon that can atleast be pvp with. not saying to make it uber in pvp. but a higher grade then reg weapons but a lower grade then rares.

bah

BombShell
04-02-04, 10:54
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Mog system? What's that?

i mean mug

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 10:56
Originally posted by BombShell
Edit-- I would say this thou. make all epic rewards more valuable in PvP. But not as powerful as rares. so that way u can get a rare with a weapon that can atleast be pvp with. not saying to make it uber in pvp. but a higher grade then reg weapons but a lower grade then rares.

bah

Hrmmm, not a bad idea.

Btw, what's your mug system idea?

Heavyporker
04-02-04, 11:00
Hmm... making the epic rewards 5 TLs higher or so would do it more than well enough what with their artifact stats and such... of course, imps would have to get like + 1 to all stats and +3 or so to all subskills that they give, and the reveller would have to become distinctly more hard-hitting than the regular jeep, and the dre epic would have to get another box, just so that everything's even and such....

BombShell
04-02-04, 11:03
well alot of peeps didnt like it but some did. it was a pvp system were players will get reward for their kills.

like say i kill a rank 70 tank ill get 7000 nc from his account which he loses

and if u kill a allie u are fined from ur faction by the same way.and lose like 10 sl and only 10 sl so 100 sl gives u 10 free kills before stuff really goes.

and if u are a killer and kill allies. bounty will be on ur head. if i kill u fine is ur rank 7000 x -sl so 7000x -10sl = 70000 nc from the player u killed.

most this will stop most allie killing because now peeps can actually fight bak. and pvp rewards.

but i admit its not perfect but if peeps would give some ideas that would be nice ill be up for changes.

BombShell
04-02-04, 11:08
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Hmm... making the epic rewards 5 TLs higher or so would do it more than well enough what with their artifact stats and such... of course, imps would have to get like + 1 to all stats and +3 or so to all subskills that they give, and the reveller would have to become distinctly more hard-hitting than the regular jeep, and the dre epic would have to get another box, just so that everything's even and such....

well i like to see from vehs is crazy damage. like 10 peeps in a group are standing still next to each other and a tank kills them all in 1-2 hits.

or APC with its gat ripping them appart.

the balance will be theirs no exact aim. it doesnt zoom just a cone.

but this always is how i want nades are to. i want nades to kill a tank in a small room ezy with 1 nade. insane damage i mean.

but to balance it add 5 secs to nades like a timer. so when u see it u run like fuk.

Lana DarkWolf
04-02-04, 11:11
Sorry ive not read the whole thread yet but Nooooooooo!
My PPU wouldnt mind too much but my Pe if the first slot goes......that means i could drop my 5 slot libby
:eek:

id end up stealthing away from every fight that looks as though i might loose (which i hate) or using the tangent epic gun all the time :(

CR@SH
04-02-04, 11:11
I'm just totally amazed that so many people have voted no. I guess not many of the old players that were around for no safe slot are still here. Seems to me all these new breed players want a more carebear environment. The neocron i used to play never had a mention of being a carebear game. Frankly it was damn ruthless most of the time. The CA clans used to have to police the sewers so noobs could level, numerous pker gangs you had to watch out for, people crying on direct to you because you got their nice rare and they are begging for it back. I just don't get near as much satisfaction from finally collecting all the parts for my new rare than i do for swiping one off someone i just killed. Maybe one of these days when neptune rolls out (if ever?) it will have no safe slots, no anarchy zones, and most of all be the ruthless neocron you used to love to hate that kept you coming back for more.

BombShell
04-02-04, 11:15
Originally posted by Lana DarkWolf
Sorry ive not read the whole thread yet but Nooooooooo!
My PPU wouldnt mind too much but my Pe if the first slot goes......that means i could drop my 5 slot libby
:eek:

id end up stealthing away from every fight that looks as though i might loose (which i hate) or using the tangent epic gun all the time :(

well if kk would make pistol and rifle speed gats it would be kwel.

and for a high tech laser beam pistol.

and who cares u might get another one the next day if ur lucky u see none should be pheared to use their rares in pvp and lsoe them.

rares just mean its more powerful . but their should be a side wepaon that can atl;east keep up with some skill behind u.

Scikar
04-02-04, 11:15
The poll should have included increasing the tech part drop rate. Remember, if the part drop rate was dramatically increased it wouldn't be very difficult at all to get a rare, and then by winning some fights with it you could get more.

BombShell
04-02-04, 11:18
Originally posted by CR@SH
I'm just totally amazed that so many people have voted no. I guess not many of the old players that were around for no safe slot are still here. Seems to me all these new breed players want a more carebear environment. The neocron i used to play never had a mention of being a carebear game. Frankly it was damn ruthless most of the time. The CA clans used to have to police the sewers so noobs could level, numerous pker gangs you had to watch out for, people crying on direct to you because you got their nice rare and they are begging for it back. I just don't get near as much satisfaction from finally collecting all the parts for my new rare than i do for swiping one off someone i just killed. Maybe one of these days when neptune rolls out (if ever?) it will have no safe slots, no anarchy zones, and most of all be the ruthless neocron you used to love to hate that kept you coming back for more.

yah those were the days i used to help nubs out alot in sewers. adn did to. but with the anarchy zones being added it turned to shit. their was more inteactions which was the best part of the game but its dieing down since guards r talkign are places and anti pkiong zones r put in.

BombShell
04-02-04, 11:21
Originally posted by Scikar
The poll should have included increasing the tech part drop rate. Remember, if the part drop rate was dramatically increased it wouldn't be very difficult at all to get a rare, and then by winning some fights with it you could get more.

yah but remeber for the longest time vets were complain that nubs were getting rares too. and it should be a rare gun.

i never followed intot hat btu i never said anything.

now prices for some of these parts are 1mill a piece almost to certain peeps.

more parts would mean less prices.

Scikar
04-02-04, 11:25
yah but remeber for the longest time vets were complain that nubs were getting rares too. and it should be a rare gun.

i never followed intot hat btu i never said anything.

now prices for some of these parts are 1mill a piece almost to certain peeps.

more parts would mean less prices.

Those 'vets' were the same vets who slaughtered newbs with their capped chars in aggie cellars, sewers and OZ. They were also the ones who played hybrids for every advantage they could possibly get.

Anyway it seems they got their wish - with the current system, nobody drops any rares so new players can't just loot one, and the tech part drop rate is so low they're unlikely to build one themselves without spending a LOT of time. PLus the low drop rate, as you say, leads to stupidly high prices, which means the people with lots of tech parts already get lots of money, and then they don't need any more cash so they ask 1 mil for a part or say trades only.

Increase the tech part drop rate = more techs around = lower prices. Remove safe slot = more rares in circulation instead of sitting in gogos = you don't even have to do any PvM to get a rare, just kill people. I can just see two tanks with TPCs teaming up on a solo tank with a CS to take him down and loot the CS off ihm.

BombShell
04-02-04, 11:30
i would like to keep quickbelts but leive them open to be looted.

only by the pker. and if the pker is a allie he must hack it to open it.

and a selector in team to let who u want to loot so we dont get scammers. but in a true pvp all bets r off.

fatwreck
04-02-04, 11:32
i read page one... my 2 cents

i say open it up. sure your rares are at risk of lossing, but so is whoever your fighting. maybe have a loot system for belts so the only person who can loot it without hacking is the one who did tha majority of the kill, so you dont have a LE guy following around people yanking belts. it will take a few weeks to get used to, but i think it will really make the game 100x more fun. rares will change hands ALOT, and if your good, you are rewarded, and if you suck... keep your CS in your gogo. i say keep warzones no belt drop, and have hunting zones keep the safe slot so people can hunt without crying. anarchy zones should have no safe slots though. if you dont wana fight in an anarchy zone, keep a non rare on you for emergencys.

oh... if this is implimented... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take freeze out. it would be a bad idea if you can just superglue them to the ground and get the rares without even "earning" it.

remeber though its a random drop. chances are you arnt gonna drop it. my ppu keeps 2 rares in her QB, a 4 slo holy heal, and 3 slot s/d and ive had those for ages, never dropped em when i die. i cant remeber the last time my tank or apu dropped their power armors...

in the long run, it will work out fine. the system will balence its self since even the best players die from time to time

naimex
04-02-04, 11:32
--

--
Gungnir

Whilst this seems like a good idea.. there are as mentioned by other people some problems.. :

-SL still drops and raises beyond control
.Example : Kill enemy faction runner in Anarchy Zone.. Lose 40 Soullight
.Example : Kill allied faction runner in Anarchy Zone.. Lose 40 Soullight
..Bugs like that has got to go.

-This will help PPUs secure their spells more, seeing as its not difficult for a PPU to get to 100 SL. (every 2 resurrections or so gives SL bonus)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rai Wong
04-02-04, 11:57
I can't even believe they are suggesting this ridiculous idea. PK you were the one screaming and whining when the might of you ppu is threatened by droners like a stupid carebear.

This thing will not hurt high level players much, but just make it piss for everyone not near capped, because high level players don't need to hang around hunting much, and if they OP fight well they are safe from QB drops

This in no way promotes PvP it only discourages it, and it doesn't really matter anyways since Op Wars and Duels often happen in NF and in Warzones, all it will do is hurt the leveling characters and make their life more misrable

personally for me:

I live in hong Kong 400+ ping my chances at pvp? nill

I play in CA on uranus which means I am often outnumbered by the anti CA by 5 to 1, the risk of them losing their rares are way less then me

I am not the only one prone to getting an FE in the middle of pepper park.

A random drop from my stuff is enough apart from my slot 1, its enough to piss me off with the SI, and repoking required and the chance of my SA falling out.

I am a rifle Pe and I often get myself owned, some classes are ultimately better then others in fights, why should I suffer the same disadvantages, the current system is great, the only class that needs more rares is PPUs, and they as many people know are the indestructible rock that heals itself, so that disadvantages cancels out, ppus die way less compared to any other classes, the single safeslot is justified.

There are many more problems to this idea, but it sure sounds unappealing to me.

You forget to make the point that most PKs are usually on the advantage when they are killing people in MB, meaning they are pretty much hard to kill, and as for the good old PE boycotts oh 6 alts of them come to pk me, *stealthes away.

Rai Wong
04-02-04, 11:58
Also i'm a pvp lover, so don't tell me to put my LE in, just becuase I like to play rambo on a memberless faction, doens't mean I should suffer a disadvantages of being a lame carebear in a big clan like alot of you are.

Barak
04-02-04, 12:04
I'd be all for looseing the safe slot BUT

Crashs - if I crash get ganked and loose my PE I won't be a happy bunny

Crappy rares + drop rate - should I loose it fair and square i have no problem wth that but if I cant get easy accese to another, I'm not gunna fek about with a goddamn TAR for a week trying to sort the crap from what I need way to much hassle if we are talking 2-5 rares for a high lvl mob then cool, keep the current rate and you can shove the idea where the sun dont shine.

BombShell
04-02-04, 12:06
Originally posted by Rai Wong
Also i'm a pvp lover, so don't tell me to put my LE in, just becuase I like to play rambo on a memberless faction, doens't mean I should suffer a disadvantages of being a lame carebear in a big clan like alot of you are.

dont see how nub will beable to pk other nubs

and theirs epic items if ur scared but if u want damage use rare.

and who said op wars would hav slots too

well theirs always monk to rezz for ur sa

and it wont disvourage pvp thats how we had it before and their was alot of it.

BombShell
04-02-04, 12:09
Originally posted by Barak
I'd be all for looseing the safe slot BUT

Crashs - if I crash get ganked and loose my PE I won't be a happy bunny

Crappy rares + drop rate - should I loose it fair and square i have no problem wth that but if I cant get easy accese to another, I'm not gunna fek about with a goddamn TAR for a week trying to sort the crap from what I need way to much hassle if we are talking 2-5 rares for a high lvl mob then cool, keep the current rate and you can shove the idea where the sun dont shine.

do wut the rest of us do throu those rares away. and since the new npc traders r coming u can sell them when ur not around. hell i sald all my shit melee for 500k because theirs someone that wants them and ill make them happy. and how u think their shit its because thay drop to much. and their prices are nothing.

which can happen with ur lib and u can get a few more b buying them vary cheap.

o and if u gank someone u might get a cs and sell it for 2 pe's :)

Rai Wong
04-02-04, 12:14

and theirs epic items if ur scared but if u want damage use rare.

and who said op wars would hav slots too

well theirs always monk to rezz for ur sa

and it wont disvourage pvp thats how we had it before and their was alot of it.

I played beta, what was it? I recall myself moving the items into my inventory before I died and remember those hybrids running and looting away? That was PvP back then, and I way prefer the PvP now then back then.

I don't understand the other half of the post, but as for the rezzing, didn't I tell you I don't have a big clan? I rarely have a PPU to rezz me, more ppu para me then they heal me you are just reinforcing my idea that it only empowers larger clans.

BombShell
04-02-04, 12:18
?? am always gettin rezz by random ppeps

dont know y ur being difficult

well now u cant with inven open and hybrid are not that powerful anymore.

and when ts epic comes theirs a rifle to use till u get a new PE u dont see wut am talking about.

if kk would do it right u dont hav to be afraid of losing rares. because theirs always a alternitive

VetteroX
04-02-04, 12:19
nerf stealth and fix nc so it doesnt crash... then remove the safeslot... all the people that said yes are also always in a group, so their item may drop, but a team mate will just pick it up... if u didnt read my first post as to why I am for the safe slot please do... and try to come up for counters to what i have said...

BombShell
04-02-04, 12:23
and rai u say u love pvp. but its not pvp u love its the killing u love. u are one of those peeps that just dont want to die but own in pvp but cant.

so with the whining and complaing u get kk to put guards everywhere kill hunting zones. and ruin one of the best parts of pvp over time.

as this keep uop everyone will just hav to stay in their appys becasue steping out side is to dangrous.

edit - out for tonight

Rai Wong
04-02-04, 12:24
Example 1

Rai Wong is a capped rifle Pe with 400+ ping

Rai Wong goes to crp , rai wong' gets FRE

Rai Wong logs back and he is dead with some apu sexing his corpse.

Rai Wong GRs and finds his 2 slot RoG is gone.

So he spends the next 30 minutes trying to get himself a feasible shop bought weapon

He then proceeds to MB to hunt for rares, to get back his RoG, and gets rare parts.

Rai FREs in front of a warbot titan and few other spider bots.

He logs back on, and his new built weapon is gone,

Rai builds ANOTHER ONE and he goes to MB this time he meets APU/PPU, and gets himself killed before he stealthes

He gets back his backpack and finds he is missing his stealth activator, Rai at this point has no money to buy another activator, so he gets a crap gun from his apartment, and goes warbot hunting again.

Rai meets a group of TWG friends in a big clan including tank with devourer.

Rai remember's he lost his stealth tool.

Rai gets owned my devourer.

Rai grs back to MB and his SA drops out and he losses his 5 slot shelter.

A TJ APU comes in Rai tries to defend himself with his crappy archer companion rifle, but he FRE

Rai logs back, his SA dropped into belt.

Rai Quits the game

Rai Wong
04-02-04, 12:26
and rai u say u love pvp. but its not pvp u love its the killing u love. u are one of those peeps that just dont want to die but own in pvp but cant.

so with the whining and complaing u get kk to put guards everywhere kill hunting zones. and ruin one of the best parts of pvp over time.

as this keep uop everyone will just hav to stay in their appys becasue steping out side is to dangrous.

edit - out for tonight

mind you I hate guards, I think : ALL GUARDS SHOULD BE REMOVED apart from COPBOTS and HQ guards.

Lana DarkWolf
04-02-04, 12:39
I totally agree with Rai Wongs post, that outlines basically what will happen (a LOT) if the safe slot goes,

Lana DarkWolf
04-02-04, 12:41
errr i was refering to the post about losing items not the guards, couldnt really care less about the gaurds except for the first 2 PP1 guards.........dont get me started on them :p

Archeus
04-02-04, 12:48
Be nice if you could move the safe slot to a piece of armor instead or a tool (CST/RES/etc)

•Super|\|ova•
04-02-04, 12:50
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
Safeslot = t3h win..

!

edit: that means I fully agree on what killer said so it aint spam...errr...please? :D

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 12:50
I used to think the safeslot was pretty cool...but when you get down to it...if you pvp or pk and kill someone there's no real reward...you get fuck all out of it if you don't hack...ooh, you killed someone...who cares...there needs to be risk and reward when carrying a rare or anything in general...I liked all his points

Just for the record...I have never randomly killed someone to just fuck with them...and I can hack, so I'm not whining that I couldn't get anything

If nothing else...Keep the safe slot and get rid of hack belt and just have an item drop

El_MUERkO
04-02-04, 12:51
Remember what it was like when we didnt have safe slots?

People desperately piling stuff into their inventory from their quickbelt as soon as thier health got low and the only way you could hunt was in big groups while exploiting, cheating dicks ran around and took the piss.

No I like things the way they are now.

•Super|\|ova•
04-02-04, 12:54
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Remember what it was like when we didnt have safe slots?

People desperately piling stuff into their inventory from their quickbelt as soon as thier health got low and the only way you could hunt was in big groups while exploiting, cheating dicks ran around and took the piss.

No I like things the way they are now.

Exactly. All the exploiting and most of all the lame tactics would be half of the gameplay experience. People would do ANYTHING to not to lose their stuff and instead get then enemy's stuff. It's as obvious as a man blowing off another man; he's g a y... no doubt.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 13:05
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Exactly. All the exploiting and most of all the lame tactics would be half of the gameplay experience. People would do ANYTHING to not to lose their stuff and instead get then enemy's stuff. It's as obvious as a man blowing off another man; he's * * *... no doubt.

So keep the safe slot...and make anything else that's implated in your body drop no matter where it is (barring safe slot)...that way if people dump into invo it doesn't matter...and make it 100% random...then you can't keep something else in stock...just remove the hack belt so even those without hack can get the reward

•Super|\|ova•
04-02-04, 13:23
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
just remove the hack belt so even those without hack can get the reward

No way. That's one of the reasons some of my characters have had/have hacking skill. You would have real problems to find any OP hackers for your clan if that happened. It's the same if I'd ask that make it so that I can research without research skill o_O

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 13:39
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
No way. That's one of the reasons some of my characters have had/have hacking skill. You would have real problems to find any OP hackers for your clan if that happened. It's the same if I'd ask that make it so that I can research without research skill o_O

That's a poor comparison man o.O...people become to complacent in this game...it would give more incentive to the economy of the game as well if they went back to the no drop belt system...I don't think it'd be too hard to find hackers...especially after DoY is in with HackNet...Like me for xample...I didn't take hacking so I could hack belts...I only have 80 base...one of my imps...or maybe 2 o.O, gives me +20 but reguardless when all's said and done and I get someone to buff me, I have 120...

enigma_b17
04-02-04, 13:46
er no and no again, i have enuf expensive spells to be carryin around without avin to worry about my one rare i carry around lol

•Super|\|ova•
04-02-04, 13:47
I still disagree. In my opinion ALL the skills need MORE meaning not less. That's it. I rest MY case.

darkservent
04-02-04, 13:54
screw the safe slot business lets look at droppin belts in warzones. Jupiter has it now lets bring it to rest of the servers. The game need excitment and reward why do u think jupiter is so uber, youve seen it in the FANG movies look at them they seem to have fun, good population. LETS BRING ON THE DROPS IN WARZONE. WE ARNT NO NIBBLETS NOW, WE HAVE GONE PAST THAT STAGE.

enigma_b17
04-02-04, 13:58
if u bring in drops in warzones no1 will want to go to an op war, when i go to an op war on my tank i like to bring an array of weapons i wouldnt carry anywhere else, as i cant loose em in that zone unless i went absolutely nuts before hand and pkd loads of allies lol. so no dont do that :P

Sefran
04-02-04, 14:03
Like engima said u can bring all diff rare weapons , wich u cant take anywhere else...I dont wanne hunt forever to make rares i will lose in some time anyway...Drops in warzone maybe, only when u got 1 slot still save..(like a 5 slot good rare whats the point of rares then if u gonne lose them anyway, not like that 5 slots come in each build....)

Netphreak
04-02-04, 14:07
All i can say it no one will want to lose the safeslot unless the drop rate was such that getting rare parts to replace the gun would be easy.

darkservent
04-02-04, 14:19
yes increase the drop rates but seriously guys lets stop bein n00bs. Bringin in drops in warzones will seperate the men from the NIBBLET Boys or the BODYBUILDIN WOMEN from the petite girls. Jupiter has it pretty much sorted,is got one hell of a player base,

darkservent
04-02-04, 14:23
There was a time when alot of us had to put up with the fact there was no safeslots and that things just dropped in warzones. If ppl are gonna be scared of droppin shit go stick in a LE and ponce about doin ur own thing. ATM OP wars can get borin and we need some excitement. No im not sayin bring it right away but when server popluations increase with DOY. KK seem to want it but just because ppl threatened to leave if it happened they only did it on jupiter where the real players are and who requested it and were up for it

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 14:29
leave the drop rate, or lower it in my opinion...quit being a buncha "Carebears" as people are so fond of calling others around here...suck it up...if you can't compete in this game without a rare then try harder...I'm all for keeping the safe slot...I could really care less...but if you get in a fight, whether you started it or not...there should be some kind of reward for the victor...and unless the victor has a hacker with them, or can hack himself...there is no reward for anything, other than you're still standing woopity fuckin doo!!...either make the drop an actual drop with no hack belt...or make the hack belt openable without hack to the person it belongs to and the person who did the most dmg to the dead person

Addition:
Yeah...preach on Dark :D seriously...I'm with ya

ezza
04-02-04, 14:30
if they removed the safe slot but kept the belt drop, if never play my tank again as there would be no chance of him getting loot.

if so many people want to keep the safe slot they should just have the item drop like it used to.

proberbly said that earlier on in the thread cant remember :lol:

as for boring ops battles, cant say im having that problem atm, its been fun all time

Sefran
04-02-04, 14:30
Jupiter a hell of a player base, and the point in that is what??

Its a german game offcourse the german server will have the most ppl .... u noticed that well...

ezza
04-02-04, 14:32
saturn has the same player base numbers as jupiter but what does that prove

darkservent
04-02-04, 14:35
Originally posted by Sefran
Jupiter a hell of a player base, and the point in that is what??

Its a german game offcourse the german server will have the most ppl .... u noticed that well...

Well they would be playin cause theres rewards in game for battles which makes it more interestin. And its all shown in the FANG movie - Cmon ppl u never thought to have a server like jupiter after seein that. Oh well if u all are gonna complain then all i can say im livin in n00bletcron.

Sefran
04-02-04, 14:39
I dont see ur moaning about , learn german and go play on the server u like the most.... Almost no1 would like that rule in other servers then jupiter, so go jupiter NO1 is stoping u from it...

darkservent
04-02-04, 14:46
I dont see ur moaning about , learn german and go play on the server u like the most.... Almost no1 would like that rule in other servers then jupiter, so go jupiter NO1 is stoping u from it...

U now wot i would have but im afraid im inactive till june. It seems it is time to get away from n00blets like u.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 14:46

I like Pluto...it's the server I been on since the beginning of the game...I've looked at the others...and Pluto is still my favorite...I want to see some sort of reward for winning a battle, whether it be one on one...or whatever the size of the fight...I think the person who does most dmg to someone and that someone dies because of it should get a reward...whether it be in a belt that he has the ability to open, even if only a short amount of time...or if it's a drop that drops open to all...

Carebears, the lot of you!!! :p
I've never had reason to call someone a carebear before...haha...normally i would think it'd be directed at me :D

darkservent
04-02-04, 14:49
Ill be honost ere im absoloutly crap at PVP. Though i will support it because itll get ur blood really pumpin in battles. Personally id love it to come to pluto when the pop increases cause thats my home server too.

Sefran
04-02-04, 14:51
Im not a carebear at all, but puting lots of time in a rare where u get FINALLy get good slots on , and u lose it cause some stupid FRE or a enemie who has a PPU wiht him, NO THx....i would like u to have ur best rare then ....FRE byebye to your rare...

Wonder how u will feel then...unless u play nc 24/24 every day rares rares rares...I dont wanne gets stressed, and that drop rule will certainly stress lots of ppl...

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 14:52
Originally posted by darkservent
Ill be honost ere im absoloutly crap at PVP. Though i will support it because itll get ur blood really pumpin in battles. Personally id love it to come to pluto when the pop increases cause thats my home server too.

Haha...I'm so bad at pvp it's not funny...bout anyone can kick my ass...but on the off chance I were to win, fuckin 'ell I want a damn reward :lol: ...and yeah...the idea of real loss will get you going more man...get you pretty fuckin psyked to win...maybe that's just me *shrug*

edit:

Im not a carebear at all, but puting lots of time in a rare where u get FINALLy get good slots on , and u lose it cause some stupid FRE or a enemie who has a PPU wiht him, NO THx....i would like u to have ur best rare then ....FRE byebye to your rare...

Wonder how u will feel then...unless u play nc 24/24 every day rares rares rares...I dont wanne gets stressed, and that drop rule will certainly stress lots of ppl...

Personally, I don't give a real crap about rares...I'd like to see a lot LESS focus put on them, like to see more normal guns made viable for PvP etc...if they came on one day and said that they were taking rares out, and upping the things you can do with normal weapons...I'd be happy as hell...I've been playing NC long enough now to be perfectly ok when, in a rare occasion, I get a FRE that bends me over and screws me like a beautiful blonde...The only reason I even build setups on my characters that are geared towards rares is because thats about the only way you can really be a viable character in this game as it currently stands...but like I've said..I'd love that to change

darkservent
04-02-04, 15:01

Dude if u were here since retail or even beta then u should be use to that fact. I lost my PE once cause i got ganked by some idiot(Gore) in cycrow, was painfull at first but hell i got over it and got a better PE. In this case we have QBs. So if ur lucky u can get help in gettin ur belt back or get back intime to get the belt back. Its like meetin the middle of Qbs and drops in warzones. And that time when i did loose my first PE the blood rush i had was amazin. I litrally thirsted for revenge and i got it with the help from my clan. Now thats wot is really needed to give the kick ass pvp. Yes and if u did read my post i did mention the drop rate has to be increased to compensate slightly.

Strych9
04-02-04, 15:05
Its good to see that some people haven't gone all soft. :)

Sefran
04-02-04, 15:05
So i didnt played beta so all who didnt are a niblet? stop bothering me already , just think U>Me, if that makes u happier.

darkservent
04-02-04, 15:07
So i didnt played retail so all who didnt are a niblet? stop bothering me already , just think U>Me, if that makes u happier.

Just to make u happy Sefran > Willy

And if saturn arnt happy then im speakin for pluto then only. Hope pluto are behind me.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 15:13
So i didnt played beta so all who didnt are a niblet? stop bothering me already , just think U>Me, if that makes u happier.

I'm not terribly sure what DS was getting at...but what I got from what he was saying is if you'd been around for longer the concept of dropping something on the ground, in the open wouldn't bother you terribly...though from the looks of this thread a lot of people have gotten soft...sad...sad :p

darkservent
04-02-04, 15:20
I'm not terribly sure what DS was getting at...but what I got from what he was saying is if you'd been around for longer the concept of dropping something on the ground, in the open wouldn't bother you terribly...though from the looks of this thread a lot of people have gotten soft...sad...sad :p

Yea thats wot i was sayin. Im kinda terrible at explainin things.

MjukisDjur
04-02-04, 15:26
safe slot is ok but imop the hack should be removed from quickbelts to spice things up.

darkservent
04-02-04, 15:31
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
safe slot is ok but imop the hack should be removed from quickbelts to spice things up.

That kinda defies the point of a QB. But just one word we should do this carefully and maybe start with pluto.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 15:33
That kinda defies the point of a QB. But just one word we should do this carefully and maybe start with pluto.

Make the quickbelt only freely openable by the person who does the most dmg to the one who dies...and ofcourse, the one who died...all others will have to hack...and if it would make others feel better...make the freely openable time last only like 1min real time

darkservent
04-02-04, 15:37
Make the quickbelt only freely openable by the person who does the most dmg to the one who dies...and ofcourse, the one who died...all others will have to hack...and if it would make others feel better...make the freely openable time last only like 1min real time

Fair enough but Id like more input from plutonians and ppl who genrally support this idea.

MjukisDjur
04-02-04, 15:47
hmm, damn cool idea...

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 15:48
hmm...I'm gonna start my own thread about my version of the idea for players on Pluto...see how they feel about it...Vote for me DS :D

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 18:11
i would agree with a no safe slot, if it will requires hacking, and if the SL system drop is fixed or changed.......

instead of droping 5 items a red SL runner will drop the highest tl

and in that case no need to hack, or a random item but still without hacking, but only the -16 down SL runner

the rest no safe slot one item drop and hacking required, and maybe acording with the SL u have...

Lets say :

50 SL - one safe slot
100 SL - 2 safe slots
150 SL - 3 safe slots and so on.

-15 to + 49 - random drop no safe slot, hacking required.
- 16 below - highest tl item or random drop. no hacking required

u want more balance then this

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 18:13
shitt forgotto flame someone

WUUUT ???o_O

I MADE A CST POST "looks at nib.........errr i mean nid":lol:

Spoon
04-02-04, 18:25

I wouldn't exactly say people have gotten soft....

It's more like the Tech Part drop has gone soft(nerfed) and polluted with useless crap.....

And I don't think KK will ever increase the TP drop, and I'd be surprised if the TP pool got cleaned up by the time BDOY is here...

Maybe you guys should wait and see if you get Neptune, before you try and make life miserable for the rest of us......

vanpan
04-02-04, 18:33
remove saveslot.
make one random item drop.
and no belt hacking is any more required.

/me voted for neptune

cya
van

g0rt
04-02-04, 19:57
Originally posted by vanpan
remove saveslot.
make one random item drop.
and no belt hacking is any more required.

/me voted for neptune

cya
van

YES

thats what i like to see

darkservent
04-02-04, 20:00
yes we all like to see that but how many n00bs are ingame now. Been tryin to get a balance atleast to give the game some life.

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 20:05
yes we all like to see that but how many n00bs are ingame now. Been tryin to get a balance atleast to give the game some life.

then read my idead:p

im the new SD, im goin to bitch and spam untill i get what i want :lol:
hehe

kthxbye

Carinth
04-02-04, 20:34
As a ppu I'm screwed either way, but at least now I have a chance of getting my dropped item back, or at least getting a teamate to get it. If you had no belt drops, then I would lose something every single time I die. That would mean I'd fight less, cause the cost of constantly replacing my slotted spells would bankrupt my clan. "You're a ppu so you don't die very often" I wish! The purpose of the past couple patches and the purpose of future patches have been to INCREASE THE PPU DEATHS. People kill ppu's all the time now.

If I die, I will drop something costing 50 or more k. Ontop of that slotted non rares take a hell of a lot of work to get, between ressing and constructing. What will Tank/PE/Spy/APU drop? Their boots, Their Crahn Heal, Their stamina booster. That has always pissed me off about being a ppu. I risk more and gain nothing by participating in pvp. PPU's are seriously the most hardcore players in the game, for them death does mean something.

If you want to make death have a meaning, that's great, but make it so it has a meaning for you. Don't make broad changes, ppu's already risk too much. If you want to make it even how about it scan through all of your apartments looking for your most valuable stuff, as well as inventory/belt/armor. Even then non ppu's will typicly have less valuable items, unless they are packrats. I was vehemently against this when kk announced they were doing it because jupiter wanted it. It would mean the end of pvp for me. It's not about being a pussy or being hardcore or being in a gritty post apocalyptic cyberpunk world. It is a simple cost/benefit analysis. If Risk > Benefit Then Action is not worthwhile.

darkservent
04-02-04, 20:43
Originally posted by Carinth
As a ppu I'm screwed either way, but at least now I have a chance of getting my dropped item back, or at least getting a teamate to get it. If you had no belt drops, then I would lose something every single time I die. That would mean I'd fight less, cause the cost of constantly replacing my slotted spells would bankrupt my clan. "You're a ppu so you don't die very often" I wish! The purpose of the past couple patches and the purpose of future patches have been to INCREASE THE PPU DEATHS. People kill ppu's all the time now.

If I die, I will drop something costing 50 or more k. Ontop of that slotted non rares take a hell of a lot of work to get, between ressing and constructing. What will Tank/PE/Spy/APU drop? Their boots, Their Crahn Heal, Their stamina booster. That has always pissed me off about being a ppu. I risk more and gain nothing by participating in pvp. PPU's are seriously the most hardcore players in the game, for them death does mean something.

If you want to make death have a meaning, that's great, but make it so it has a meaning for you. Don't make broad changes, ppu's already risk too much. If you want to make it even how about it scan through all of your apartments looking for your most valuable stuff, as well as inventory/belt/armor. Even then non ppu's will typicly have less valuable items, unless they are packrats. I was vehemently against this when kk announced they were doing it because jupiter wanted it. It would mean the end of pvp for me. It's not about being a pussy or being hardcore or being in a gritty post apocalyptic cyberpunk world. It is a simple cost/benefit analysis. If Risk > Benefit Then Action is not worthwhile.

So u would never consider a just a belt drop in warzones and not the 30 second thing that was mentioned. How did u survive b4 the rulez on QBs were introduced? Oh but then i hear u sayin PPUs back then were uber. But look at it this way u have a parashock for a reason. If u now ur gonna get ganked for sure then para ur persuers and run like a bitch with a malee boost on.

Neptune is a v dim light on the end of the tunnel thats why this compromise should be considered. And for now we only apply it to pluto.

Mods need to merge this thread with the other threads that have bought this topic up on warznes

BombShell
04-02-04, 20:51
hehe i cant belive most of u guys

most of u are good peeps trying to make no slot so it wouldnt hurt or somewut. which i understand since its might be firly new to u.

but i remember when nc had no safe slot. hell when i was a nub i lost every gone i had but i always pked someone and got more and lvled. u cant be chiccken in this game u hav to take the chicken by the neck and kill it.

the fact is PvP is dieing and if DoY comes everyone will cap thweir chars and go hey wut is their to do but sit and hope for a op war.

this game is becomin into neochat since kk is killing every single pk zone and turned it into a carebear free zone its getting boring everyday.

y do u think theirs pkers not to really greif u but to enjoy something in this game.

and from everyone else thay want tresurecron. get all the rares in game and hunt all day is wut life should be.

just think about it wut is their to do. when i first started i was a bit worried of droping a rare but i got used to it.

y am i not afraid and a few others r not afraid just suk it up and do it.

darkservent
04-02-04, 20:55
hehe i cant belive most of u guys

most of u are good peeps trying to make no slot so it wouldnt hurt or somewut. which i understand since its might be firly new to u.

but i remember when nc had no safe slot. hell when i was a nub i lost every gone i had but i always pked someone and got more and lvled. u cant be chiccken in this game u hav to take the chicken by the neck and kill it.

the fact is PvP is dieing and if DoY comes everyone will cap thweir chars and go hey wut is their to do but sit and hope for a op war.

this game is becomin into neochat since kk is killing every single pk zone and turned it into a carebear free zone its getting boring everyday.

y do u think theirs pkers not to really greif u but to enjoy something in this game.

and from everyone else thay want tresurecron. get all the rares in game and hunt all day is wut life should be.

just think about it wut is their to do. when i first started i was a bit worried of droping a rare but i got used to it.

y am i not afraid and a few others r not afraid just suk it up and do it.

Thats it Ur the bomb

Carinth
04-02-04, 21:38
So u would never consider a just a belt drop in warzones and not the 30 second thing that was mentioned. How did u survive b4 the rulez on QBs were introduced? Oh but then i hear u sayin PPUs back then were uber. But look at it this way u have a parashock for a reason. If u now ur gonna get ganked for sure then para ur persuers and run like a bitch with a malee boost on.

Neptune is a v dim light on the end of the tunnel thats why this compromise should be considered. And for now we only apply it to pluto.

Mods need to merge this thread with the other threads that have bought this topic up on warznes

PPU's were not the same back then, they didn't have nearly as much power as they got later on. They certainly did not have 3-5 slotted items and rares filling their inventory. We had one rare, holy paralysis, and the rest of our spells were fine as store bought. Back then Damage was the only stat that influenced damage/rof/range. None of the other stats mattered, so it was really easy to make a good spell. Holy paralysis was pretty much the only item we risked. This was way before ppu's became so infamous for being invincible, there weren't that many around. Most Monks would laugh at you if you said you were a ppu, the idea of being purely passive was a joke. Nearly everyone was a Hybrid, since thats what monks used to be.

Parashock has been rendered useless by the last patch, Holy Paralysis is the most powerful shock and it barely does anything. While this means I won't be shocked anymore, it also means nothing will slow down my attackers. I didn't think about how no shock changes combat, but with item drops at the very least, if you are a good ppu, then you will most likely not die. Instead you will run to the gr and abandon your team if it looks like you're not going to win. You would be stupid to stay, no more self sacrifical ppu's. You're team will most likely lose minor items, so they'll be fine. But you would lose stuff that would set you back a day or more. That's not really much better in terms of fun at op fights for a ppu.

A good comparison is with droners. I would not like to be a droner because they have to constantly bp and build new drones. They must have a supply in gogo (non stackable), in order to help out at a fight. If item drops are implimented then ppu's will be similar. We will constantly be building spells so that we can stay in the fight. At best we would go on a building spree and stock up so we have spares when we die. Unfortuanetly whereas drones don't have slots, spells do. So you could make 10 drones and be ok, you would need to make 200-400 spells to get the desired slots sometimes. At the very least you'd need to make 50-100.

Whitestuff
04-02-04, 21:52
--

--
Gungnir

I would like to say if this were implemented I would have the highest SL possible to ensure massive safe slottage.

Psycho Killa
04-02-04, 21:58
Why dont we just fucking make it so you never lose an item ever :rolleyes:

Bet you 100$ half the population would vote yes for that.

darkservent
04-02-04, 22:07
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Why dont we just fucking make it so you never lose an item ever :rolleyes:

Bet you 100$ half the population would vote yes for that.

They would indeed!!

VetteroX
04-02-04, 22:41
seriously... can the people who are for no safe slot come up with any counters to what I said in my first post? Try to change my mind if you can.... I still get plenty of good stuff with the safeslot in place.

Ill add another thing to it.... as it stands now, people who arent good will stand for being beaten because theres no big loss.... theres no question that myself, many of the people I play with, and some people in cartel are WAY better then many tg and cm.... how many times do you really think they would stand losing and losing, losing rares before they stopped fighting and theres nobody left to kill?

Carinth
04-02-04, 22:58
--

--
Gungnir

If you kill a single neutral/allied faction runner, If you accidently hit one and then they die, If you hit a shopvender/copbot/guard and then die, you lose your sl nomater how much you had. Thus 20 sl is as good as 50 sl is good as 100 sl is as good as 255 sl. Positive soul light currently means you are a tradeskiller or pvm character. If you pvp it must be at ops or strictly along faction lines. Even if you're attacked by a neutral, you can't kill them. You must also never use aoe because you might hit a npc. Only then will you maintain a high soul light. I spent several days getting my soul light up to 60 only to return to -5 because an neutral faction attacked me. That would need to change if you ever wanted to make high soul light viable. Also, missions are biased against ppu monks.

I think the current soul light system is really wrong regardless. Evil should not be punished the way it is. Why would a criminal lose more items out in the waste then other players? I can understand severe restrictions in the city or other policed areas. The copbots should tear you up, because you are a known criminal. But out in the waste? Shouldn't we be more or less equal since there's no police or government to enforce being good? If you want to encourage good players to kill evil players, then use a bounty system. Reward them for helping npcd take out criminals. Place more copbots around to cut off areas of the city. You should not be able to take refuge within any area that enforces the law. There should also be black market areas or crminal encampments out in the waste or maybe oz, which provide services to the evil folk. That is the penalty for being a killer, there shouldn't also be the risk of losing 5 items, that just means noone would want to be evil ever. Thus killers are neutral, constantly doing missions to recover sl.

If somoene wants to be a killer, they should be able to be. They are not allowed too now, the penalty is way to high. If you want to work outside the law, you should be able to live outside the law. The only threat you should have is agents of the law or bounty hunters acting on behalf of the law. They will wander the waste to try to catch you.

Strych9
04-02-04, 23:12
LOL. Once again Vett cannot resist indicating how he is better than entire factions of runners, as if the faction has something to do with the runners in that faction. :rolleyes:

Now as to his big two points:
1) this game isnt satble. I WILL NOT STAND LOSING MY RARE TO A CRASH. I WILL NOT ACCEPT IT. and this game crashes all the time.Yeah, people never lose items to a crash now, that just doesnt happen.

???

Come on Vett, people crash all the time and drop a belt all of the time due to crashes. It doesnt even take a crash to cause that- just some lag will be just fine. I have been killed by mobs and by players when zoning, and then when in the new zone I run a few feet and it warps me back to where I was. So I am unable to move, yet I am able to take damage.

So your point here is nothing unique to the idea of removing a safeslot. Its a seperate issue altogether that needs to be addressed. Its not like if we DONT adopt my idea we DONT need to worry about the stability of the game.

So yes the game needs to be more stable.

If we made game rules dealing with balance based on stability, we would have to have a LOT more things different in Neocron than they are now. I have personally seen you and other runners PK people at bunker that were synched out. Didnt stop them from being PKd or from having their belts hacked.

So the problem you name is there regardless of my idea.

2) Its not even.... if a pe or spy is losing, they stealth... if a tank or monk is losing... he loses and dies. Thefore low tech pes, tanks and monks would be losing rares, but very few judges, first loves silent hunters etc would drop. 1. Not all PEs and spies use stealth. So its not automatically "uneven."

2. If your logic is correct, its uneven beause a Tank and a PPU monk have the ability to stay alive longer than a PE or Spy that is caught unaware. So more Judges and First Love would be dropping.

You also assume that every death = rare drop, which is not the case. Anyone that played back when everything had a chance to drop knows that very seldom did you get a rare to drop- but it was just exciting enough to keep you interested in both staying alive and in getting a kill.

How about YOU answer the individual merits I outlined in my first post???

Bah, between your stand here and your response to no safeslot NEPTUNE for crying out loud, I think everyone knows who the true PKers are and the carebears are here.

Duder
04-02-04, 23:17
If you kill a single neutral/allied faction runner, If you accidently hit one and then they die, If you hit a shopvender/copbot/guard and then die, you lose your sl nomater how much you had. Thus 20 sl is as good as 50 sl is good as 100 sl is as good as 255 sl. Positive soul light currently means you are a tradeskiller or pvm character. If you pvp it must be at ops or strictly along faction lines. Even if you're attacked by a neutral, you can't kill them. You must also never use aoe because you might hit a npc. Only then will you maintain a high soul light. I spent several days getting my soul light up to 60 only to return to -5 because an neutral faction attacked me. That would need to change if you ever wanted to make high soul light viable. Also, missions are biased against ppu monks.

I think the current soul light system is really wrong regardless. Evil should not be punished the way it is. Why would a criminal lose more items out in the waste then other players? I can understand severe restrictions in the city or other policed areas. The copbots should tear you up, because you are a known criminal. But out in the waste? Shouldn't we be more or less equal since there's no police or government to enforce being good? If you want to encourage good players to kill evil players, then use a bounty system. Reward them for helping npcd take out criminals. Place more copbots around to cut off areas of the city. You should not be able to take refuge within any area that enforces the law. There should also be black market areas or crminal encampments out in the waste or maybe oz, which provide services to the evil folk. That is the penalty for being a killer, there shouldn't also be the risk of losing 5 items, that just means noone would want to be evil ever. Thus killers are neutral, constantly doing missions to recover sl.

If somoene wants to be a killer, they should be able to be. They are not allowed too now, the penalty is way to high. If you want to work outside the law, you should be able to live outside the law. The only threat you should have is agents of the law or bounty hunters acting on behalf of the law. They will wander the waste to try to catch you.

You cant have other people have an equal opportunity when this game has magical law enforcement on your head which you cant escape from, and levels which makes low level players have no chance to protect themselves against aggressors. There is no support for criminals, and being a criminal has too many disadvantages, example the magical punishment that begins the instant one does something wrong.

But it would be cool if the jailhouse had a service that hacks into your rpos and disconnects you from the NCPD, giving you back the slot safety and "drop" rules. Youd see alot more people going -32 SL, giving bounty hunters something to do.

Carinth
05-02-04, 00:05
Originally posted by Strych9
Come on Vett, people crash all the time and drop a belt all of the time due to crashes. It doesnt even take a crash to cause that- just some lag will be just fine. I have been killed by mobs and by players when zoning, and then when in the new zone I run a few feet and it warps me back to where I was. So I am unable to move, yet I am able to take damage.

So your point here is nothing unique to the idea of removing a safeslot. Its a seperate issue altogether that needs to be addressed. Its not like if we DONT adopt my idea we DONT need to worry about the stability of the game.

So yes the game needs to be more stable.

If we made game rules dealing with balance based on stability, we would have to have a LOT more things different in Neocron than they are now. I have personally seen you and other runners PK people at bunker that were synched out. Didnt stop them from being PKd or from having their belts hacked.
While basing balance issues off bugs is not the best way to go about, you must also take them into consideration. There are tons of bugs/issues in Neocron that probably won't ever be addressed. KK just doesn't have the resources to locate and fix everything. So they pick and chose which ones to work on. So you should consider a Neocron in which crashing does happen fairly often, people will sometimes synch out at zone borders. With item drop or even just no safeslots, you risk a lot more when you die. Dying to a crash/synch will become really really loathesome. Personaly I lost a 5slot ultimated heal while synching. That really set me back, and I didn't even get the enjoyment of saying I was in a fight. I didn't lose to a better player or anything, bad luck and the game killed me, while my enemies were able to loot. If that happened more frequently, we would definitly see much angrier players shouting about synch and crash deaths. It's similar to the class balancing problem. Should you balance a class taking into consideration current capabilities and resources, or should you consider future changes that are going to be made. For example setting pa4 to be unusable/worthless because you know that at some point implants will be put in that allow us to use them. If you rely on that, you could be in for a disaster if kk never gets around to making that needed future patch. Even if they do, until then players will be at a disadvantage and bitch/moan.

So the problem you name is there regardless of my idea.1. Not all PEs and spies use stealth. So its not automatically "uneven."

2. If your logic is correct, its uneven beause a Tank and a PPU monk have the ability to stay alive longer than a PE or Spy that is caught unaware. So more Judges and First Love would be dropping.

You also assume that every death = rare drop, which is not the case. Anyone that played back when everything had a chance to drop knows that very seldom did you get a rare to drop- but it was just exciting enough to keep you interested in both staying alive and in getting a kill.

It wasn't exciting to get a psi booster3 from a player you just killed. It was a disapointment, but you kept at it because you might sometime get lucky. The problem is that each class does not share risk equaly. Some classes risk way more then other classes, how fair is it to set the standard assuming everyone has low risk? How much fun is it to know that if my enemies kill me, they get something valuable, but if I kill them, I get crap.

KramerTheWeird
05-02-04, 00:08
Safe slots are unfair to classes that carry multiple rares as it is, compared to say a tank who at most is worried about their PA which they can buy anyway..

Eliminate safe slots.

Hell's Grannie
05-02-04, 01:05
In my case, being an eternal LE-ed runner, it's very simple : remove the safeslot and make it that you can loose whatever item you have on you (an implant, a piece of armor, a tool, a weapon, a piece of junk) without the need to hack and I, some small unimportant 35/47 spy, take out my LE for good.

This way I would dare to engage in PvP, even against higher runners, because of the slight possibility that the other runner hasn't got the nerve to use his best gear so I might stand a chance in winning the fight or obtaining something usefull/worthy for a change.

I never quite understood why they 'invented' the safeslot, a year ago, in the first place. When I reached level 20 on my first char back then I was on the verge of getting rid of my LE. Then they introduced the safe-slot and I never looked back. The safeslot is exactly the reason why I stay 'LE-ed'. You can't win against higher runners and there is nothing to gain anyway.

It's kind of funny reading all those discussions about LE, pvp, pk, carebears, hardcore playing, 'gritty hard world', etc ... and observe the results of this poll.

mdares
05-02-04, 01:57

well actually a while back yosh and i saw 2 rank /14 nubs pk a /26 nub... best fight i've ever seen honest... cuz it was lazar pistols vs. street rifle :D

but yeah safeslot only matters right now to most peopple cuz of diluted rare pool and shitty drops. IF the pool gets cleaned and freq of drops increase then hell i wouldnt mind at all. actually i wont mind now anyways but the rare drops do put a dent on things.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 02:48
@Vet

1) this game isnt satble. I WILL NOT STAND LOSING MY RARE TO A CRASH. I WILL NOT ACCEPT IT. and this game crashes all the time.

Then you have the same odds of finding a rare from someone who crashed as you do losing a rare. Ive lost rares to crashed I remember when I dropped a lib in the bat cave and crashed on my way there by the time I got back it had disapeared. Did I whine and cry no I just got a friggen new one.

2) Its not even.... if a pe or spy is losing, they stealth... if a tank or monk is losing... he loses and dies. Thefore low tech pes, tanks and monks would be losing rares, but very few judges, first loves silent hunters etc would drop.

A ppu will hardly ever die

Balance the classes in a 1 on 1 fight and this will be no problem... O wait they pretty fucking much are balanced so I see no problem.

A low tech pe has much higher defense then a hightech pe so you have your option stealth and lower defense or higher defense and no stealth its your option nobody makes you play lowtech. So you get your advantage of increased D they have the potential to stealth from a fight its your call vet which one you pick.

Apus can fry people in seconds by looking at them so they stand to gain more then they lose. They are pretty even 1 on 1 and dominate when a ppu is around so it would balance out. Plus they can still slaughter people with a capped energy beam barring people teamed with ppus but they still have a chance if they have a ppu of there own.

PK... we have played togeather/talked a lot in game and agree with you on most things but we just cant agree here... I dont think its "pussy" to not want to lose your rare to a crash. Also, whens the last time you have been a pe or tank or apu playing a lot.... not leveling, but fighting every day, month after month. You were a pe to start and have a pe now but you used to being a ppu and not dieing. I am usually a pe or tank, and I fight all day.... and I cant always get people to help me so im almost always outnumbered, even when people come with me.

Im fucking over my soullight on purpose on my pe and showing people I can kick there asses even with a huge disadvantage and being tracked down. I will not have a safe slot and I will lose >5 items when I die and I will still manage to play the game if i can do it with 5 surely the great vettero x who has a 10 to 1 kill ratio can win more weapons then he drops?

Also, its just not as simple as "oh your better so you will kill them more and gain more then you lose" I disagree.... maybe if your a cs tank u can easily gank a cs, but i dont see a ton of lib pes... pes use ton of diff weapons... same if your a slasher spy... try finding an enemy spy usuing a slasher, then kill him before he stealthers, then get the luck that he drops his slasher, AND get the luck its good slot and modded how you like.... good luck. So, holy lightning and cs's may be flying all over, but some weapons wont.

Hes a spy a spy drops in seconds if you get the chance. Carry around a friggen rockey pistol and damage boost him. Who cares if its not modded the way you like it quit being so fucking whiney adapt and overcome. You dont have to have 100% all the stuff you want to win fights.

Adapt and overcome. so what if you have to use an xray lib instead of phosphour or it only has 105 freq not 120 big deal get over it. You dont need 120 artifact rares with 10 slots to compete.

Then again theres another matter.... most people are pussies. Example: TWO people, me and eledhbrant, raided TG. WE owned them. So they ran to guards. 3 tgs waited. 4 tgs waited. 5 tgs waited. Finnaly when they had SIX they attacked us. and because we arent cowards like they are, we stayed and fought. 6vs 2, we lost... and thats waht ALWAYS happens. 2 city mercs tanks are in j01. See me, fight with me. start to lose. run to guards. waiti wait wait. their ppu, apu, and pe come. now 5 vs1. then they come out. So, the actual drops will be difficult to get... if they remove guards and put a 10 second timer on zoneing it would be ok, but this isnt the case.... oh and cause I KNOW someone will say it, no, I cant catch them before they escape, unless your an apu its pretty hard. try killing another tank with CS as he runs away.... if hes got good speed its near impossible, especially with lag.

Safety in numbers thats how it is thats how it always will be if you cant take the heat stay out the kitchen. You expect to be able to succesfully raid an enemy base with 2 people? Get real.

Then we have the tp drop rate which sucks, and TONS, TONS of useless parts, all the stupid rare drone parts which SHOULD just be sold in stores or accuried for an epic, they are worth 3 mil a piece the day its out but after 3 days its worthless cause all have a bp. then we have lowtech melee etc. so GL getting rares that way.

This will have to be fixed of course but I think everyone who wants safe slot gone is in agreement with that even the people who dont want the rares fixed.

Also, a lot of people who want safe slot gone are people who will always win... people who have a large group of rl freinds who play, people who have freinds who play all the time and are always there to help them, or have a large clan... I dont have that. I have assorted freinds and allies who help but they arent always there to help... should i just not leave my apt or not use my rare when they arent on? Cause as good as I am if I run into an apu/ppu im dead if im alone.

You forget other people would be risking there rare also and would be less likely to carry it. Not everyone would use a rare and guess what you dont need a rare to be combat effective. A blacksun does the job nicely if you ask me. Go gank a weapon from someone else since your so better then you can always have one rare in your apartment and only pvp with it outside duels when you have an extra. Its a cold harsh world out there survival of the fittest and there is strength in numbers. Make more allies this will possibly increase people relying on eachother which is a good thing its a MASSIVEMULTIPLAYERonline roleplaying game. Not 2 people vs the world game.

Sure you will be forced to ask for help more often and even out the numbers but this is a post apocolyptic world where everyone has to survive for themselves. Theres a clan system for a reason whos going to be a better survivor the man alone or the man in a big clan who has people to protect him and they can pool there resources? Thats just how it is.

So, IF NC was changed to never crash never synch, tp drop rates was upped and useless rares deleted, guards were removed and there was a 10 second zone timer and stealth was nerfed to have a 10 second recharge time slat slot gone could work. However, as the game currently stand, it wont.

Im for the zone timer guards dont need to be removed your raiding an enemy base for crying out loud LURE THEM FAR AWAY ENOUGH FROM THE GUARDS THAT THEY CANT RUN HELLO? WAKE UP. Noone makes you fight them near the guards.

Anyway, ive gotten plenty of rares.. cause people are stupid. I have 4 cs's on saturn, one is a 4 slot, 3/4 are ganked from pk victoms. 4 slot fa ganked, 4 slot holy thunder ganked, 2 slot firestorm ganked, 3 slot holy antibuff ganked, ap sanc ganked, holy lightning ganked, lib ganked... the list goes on... people are stupid and carry 2 rares, or get red sl... kill enough and you will get rares.

Guess what you would have rares coming out your ass if this was changed so I see no reason you of all people would be against it.

In conclusion Safe slots are for carebears.

Everyone seemed to manage when there wasnt safeslots and you just dropped an item from there belt WHY CANT WE DO IT NOW?

WHAT HAS CHANGED EXCEPT BEING SPOILED BRAT RUNNERS?

Mommy mommy im so use to getting a 6 second rez that Im throwing a fit cuz I have to wait 24 seconds now when before people didnt even use rez.

Mommy mommy there threatening my safe slot when noone ever complained about needing a safe slot that I seen when I started playing,

BombShell
05-02-04, 02:49
damn cant belive none said anything about my post being all screwed up in grammer and spelling :) i left work in a hurry and didnt even clean it up a tad bit :)

BombShell
05-02-04, 03:16
hehe killa just finished reading nice post :)

only thing i would probly say is spys need more of a defence.

thay need dex armor instead of using imps for zerk and all that.

which is y i want darnit into dex. belive it or not inq1 is more powerful then darnit 4 to spys u get more out of it.

now y i really want it then
many reasons

low lvl spys get a decent defence as thay lvl

to make sure spys dont get other power with it -5 psi in all their spy pa's. i dont belive in spys having pe defence :)

alot of this will free up imps. which allows them to get imps for their weapons and improve their atatck power allowing them to keep up in pvp. in 1v1 peeps say that hav cloak. well explain pe's

am just asking fro spys to get a little edge.

and make bone imps into type req. like head is str , chest is con, ath is con, foot is dex, and so forth. but lieve gamma as str.

now u might say pes will be more powrful. u think that huh. well its just reversing the resis on inq (fire) to darnit (energy).

droner spys i would liek to see them able to use their drones like a pistol. so when u run into a enmy while walking ur can at least defend.

thats pretty much on uping the spys to my veiws thats it.

if u say spys hav rifles. while not all spys use rifles thay hav pistols. just let them hav a little more defence

tanks hav uber htl and resis
pes hav decent hlt resis and shelter
ppus uber defence and uber hlt
apus decent defence decent life
hyrbids decent hlt defence, shelter 1-2
spys ok hlt if u want to run fast. and decent armor if u switch.

BombShell
05-02-04, 03:24
is that true jupiter dont hav safe slot. i thought thay did. its warzone thay can drop items i thought.

now if thats true. wow their hardcore :)

but look at us we dont even hav drops in warzone.

tell su how sad it is.

ezza
05-02-04, 03:25
as far as i know jupiter just has the belt drop but still has safe slot

extract
05-02-04, 03:27
Cant be assed to read this whole thread, but I can conclude for the most part, the people who agree with this idea are people who wouldnt care to lose a rare as they have an abundance available to them anyways..."so what if i die and lose mah libby, I got 8 more in the gogo"

what about the newbie chars??? not even the newbie chars that are veteran players rerolling, Im talking about the new new people who have no money....the cats who only have one item in theyre belt and its the gun they started with....what happens when you got 0cr and no gun and 0/2 cause some dude random pks you?

it doesnt happen??? fuck that when i first started this game I was very low level and just left Mc5 for the first time came to NC happened to be BD started in pepper park and had no idea where i was nor what a fuckin safe zone was.....old school hybrid came up and just killed me out of nowhere........

had I not had a safeslot I wouldve been a 2 day gamer broke without shit........its propostorous......

theres also too many other things in this game that could make it that much easier to lose shit......I crash at a zone line.....I sync in the middle of 2 grim chasers......boom dead lost a weapon GRs closed it takes 20 mins to get back and boom guns gone.....

plain and simple just a flat out fucking retarded idea.....

what it does is lets the hardcore wanna only PvP players get a chance to turn this into another boring FPS......because why go hunt mobs for parts when u can hunt mid lvl players for theyre hard work.....after all it is so hard to kill a mid lvl char when youre capped..........

and lets say you did have a random moment and killed a low level player.....there are far too many dicks and assholes in this game who would rather sit and laugh and keep a lazar pistols just to be an asshole rather than give it back.....and you flat out know it..........

BombShell
05-02-04, 03:28
Originally posted by ezza
as far as i know jupiter just has the belt drop but still has safe slot

thought so was reading some of wut peeps talked about jup.

i

BombShell
05-02-04, 03:35
Originally posted by extract
Cant be assed to read this whole thread, but I can conclude for the most part, the people who agree with this idea are people who wouldnt care to lose a rare as they have an abundance available to them anyways..."so what if i die and lose mah libby, I got 8 more in the gogo"

what about the newbie chars??? not even the newbie chars that are veteran players rerolling, Im talking about the new new people who have no money....the cats who only have one item in theyre belt and its the gun they started with....what happens when you got 0cr and no gun and 0/2 cause some dude random pks you?

it doesnt happen??? fuck that when i first started this game I was very low level and just left Mc5 for the first time came to NC happened to be BD started in pepper park and had no idea where i was nor what a fuckin safe zone was.....old school hybrid came up and just killed me out of nowhere........

had I not had a safeslot I wouldve been a 2 day gamer broke without shit........its propostorous......

theres also too many other things in this game that could make it that much easier to lose shit......I crash at a zone line.....I sync in the middle of 2 grim chasers......boom dead lost a weapon GRs closed it takes 20 mins to get back and boom guns gone.....

plain and simple just a flat out fucking retarded idea.....

what it does is lets the hardcore wanna only PvP players get a chance to turn this into another boring FPS......because why go hunt mobs for parts when u can hunt mid lvl players for theyre hard work.....after all it is so hard to kill a mid lvl char when youre capped..........

and lets say you did have a random moment and killed a low level player.....there are far too many dicks and assholes in this game who would rather sit and laugh and keep a lazar pistols just to be an asshole rather than give it back.....and you flat out know it..........

............ u do know that kk used to hav mobs drop lazers and junk nives if thay would hav fix it agin u would hav a few of them.

and i started in the game with no safe slots with no money but look at me now.

i still fail to see. and drop rates were uber we used to get 4-6 parts out of mobs sometimes. those were the days.

when a cs part only cost like 75-100k :) now that was uber :)

as of now thou kk doesnt really hav it nub freindly so many low items are missing in the game.

and y r u running into the wasteland its crazy out their. really surprized u found ur way out. took me a week to get out of nc :)

and maybe kk can fix the info on le so nubs read it and go oo am safe if i keep it in and when its not plantable agin.

maybe if u read that u would hav taken le out.

and y were u BD it said for advance runners. so u should worry about dieing

Scikar
05-02-04, 04:14
Originally posted by extract

Which is the whole reason you increase the tech part drop rate. That way new players get onto the rares ladder much faster, and losing a rare isn't a big deal for anyone. But of course you wouldn't have read that, because you couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread. :rolleyes:

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 05:33

No I at most have 2 judges one fire on xray and 1 of all other rares I need.

The tech rate would be increased but then again you didnt read that did you....

1) LAW ENFORCER you drop no items at all
2) When I first started playing there was no safe slot and u dropped an item out of a belt. It costs what 300 credits to make a new noob gun?

again keep your law enforcer in teach the noobs to keep a backup blueprint of there weapons at all times I figured that out myself when i started surely they can manage when kk implements there tutorial.

Well then tough shit for you if you cant adapt to the cold harsh world of neocron. Ive given 100k to noobs I dont know how many times theres many generious caped players who would help a noob out. They can punch 10 fucking spiders to death and afford a new tl3 nailgun.

Again we would make clean up the rare pool and get rid of useless rares. Drones? Who needs them make a run to get the blueprint or something pointless constructing one other then the first one on the server. Etc I wont even get into all the shit that can be cleaned up. Then increase tech part rate a bit. If you lose a non rare gun o wow geez you lost what 40k max? if that just build a new one. O NO I WONT HAVE FIVE SLOTS OMG I DO 20 LESS DAMAGE!

You drop something as it is you would just have the ability to drop whats in your safe slot stop acting like you dont lose something now. You would just lose your precious rare which can be obtained through gathering parts or taking one from another player.

Why the fuck do I want a mid level players fucking gun? Are you retarded? How is that turning this into a fps? I dont know many fps where you gank noobs for a gun that does half the damage of the one your currently using? It makes the game more exciting if you dont think so then im sorry for you because you didnt get to enjoy this game at the beggining when retail started it was 100X more exciting.

And you flat out know it costs 300k to make a nrw one and anyone would be willing to help out a noob.

extract
05-02-04, 05:42
haha atacked because I dont want to read a whole thread 80% full of bashing..........

secondly every retort to my point is like hearing a broken record......especially on matters pertaining to "new" people, how many of you knew exactly what everything in game did when you first started???

nuff said....

@psycho killa you asked how this will be turned into another FPS, but then go on to say that oh well you get ganked and lose a rare just go out and gank someone for theirs.......why should I have to PvP? I mustve missed that disclaimer on the box.....

about youre LE theory I took mine out first day I started because someone told me it would make me level slower.....of course left out the latter repurcussions.........you can rationalize all you want,
facts remain the same whether I read all of it or not

and that fact is its a stupid fucking idea.......

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 06:07
how many of you knew exactly what everything in game did when you first started???

nuff said....

They didnt have a safe slot and I took my le chip out and I new jack shit about this game when i started. I was a tank using hightech rifles and pistols need I say more? I turned out fine with ZERO learning not even what little mc5 teaches you nothing and I did fine

NUFF SAID

@psycho killa you asked how this will be turned into another FPS, but then go on to say that oh well you get ganked and lose a rare just go out and gank someone for theirs.......why should I have to PvP? I mustve missed that disclaimer on the box.....

If you didnt notice this game is heavily based around pvp. Though if you want you can simply kill mobs and get another one as we said the tech parts would have to be dropped more and the pool cleaned up for this idea.

about youre LE theory I took mine out first day I started because someone told me it would make me level slower.....of course left out the latter repurcussions.........you can rationalize all you want,
facts remain the same whether I read all of it or not

You can put your law enforcer back in and afaik you dont get less xp from it now.

and that fact is its a stupid fucking idea.......

Fact is your "fact" is really an opinion and I tend to disagree with it.

BombShell
05-02-04, 06:14
i didnt but i asked in chats and got helped alot.

ur makeing it seem to difficult when its not.

alot of peeps started with not know how everything was and had the 0 safe slot so i dont know how ur attacking like none did.

and killa honestly i can say speaks the truth. he was around like i was. but then everyone thatw as around that time mostly say yes because thay know how it was.

its not that bad trust us. u always make do. if u lose something it keeps u goin to get something new.

Edit- well u guys r lucky with the LE's right now. when i first started we had -30% on are LE's which did.

-30% reward from mobs
+30% combat req to weapons and armor.
-30% xp gain
No Rezz
No Heal From other players with LE

we had it hard and we survived most of the player base loved it it was challeging.

KramerTheWeird
05-02-04, 06:38
Have people forgot how it used to be?

We all were noobs at some point. We all died and lost weapons that were in our quickbelts. Rares even dropped.. not in some belt.. dropped.. on the floor...

...why is it so fucking hard to comprehend no safe slot now? I risk rares as it is, I keep 2 and a boss drop weapon on me, and VK armor. Before that I was lowtech pistol and kept 3 rares on me and used titan armor. Before that I was rifles and used 2 rares and PA. All of these rares, with exception of liberator, I had zero backups of. Did that ever deter me? No, just play the game and accept a loss when it happens and work to get it back. You can trade for techs too.. it's not like no one will trade and you are stuck forever hunting mobs. That's how I've had over half a dozen pain easers built, within a very short time frame.

I swear the pure outcry against this post makes me sick and I wonder if I'm even playing the same game anymore.

BombShell
05-02-04, 06:44
thay just dont realize how ezy thay hav it now. thay still complain about being ganked in pp or hq's and so kk has to increase the defence of hqs and the streets.

its getting sad. am starting to worry we wont be able to pk in warzones soon because thay are the best hunting grounds for some peeps that dont want their belts to drop.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 06:50
amen to that kramer

its like somthing new comes out and every1 forgets how they played b4 it i.e. PA's everyone did well without PA and now every mofo has it they think its a nesesaty when realy its a luxuary

i lost way too much stuff when all the random PKers were around like CC/Ra/MeGaMaN/elki to name a few but it seems i have prevaled

what i would like to see is keep the safe slot but lose the quick belt prolly talk bs though heh

oh btw kramer all the times i seen u in PP and have recently quiet alot i have never seen u lose a belt (white locust btw)

Carinth
05-02-04, 08:14
I really don't care one way or the other, ppu's are screwed now, they'd be screwed if you change back to item drops.

I think I should consider rerollin to a dif class, maybe I can play the game everyone else seems to be playing then.

BombShell
05-02-04, 08:19
:( this is such a let down am so sad now :(

its just pvp is dieing and the fun is dieing theirs really nothin else to do but lvl new chars hunt and chat.

no proving ur power nomore showing whos on top. no pride. its been taken away which is sad.

and its probly goin to get worst :(

extract
05-02-04, 08:26
:( this is such a let down am so sad now :(

its just pvp is dieing and the fun is dieing theirs really nothin else to do but lvl new chars hunt and chat.

no proving ur power nomore showing whos on top. no pride. its been taken away which is sad.

and its probly goin to get worst :(

my god if you considered recent PvP fun and proving then thats the truly sad part...........nerfs, overpowerments.........fucking para, getting 3 way attacked when youre alone in pepper park, gaurd exploits........what the fuck was fun about pvp again?

BombShell
05-02-04, 08:32
the fun was the heart pumping a mile aminute worrying about dieing trying to live. and comeing victories thosewere the days.

that was fun. pp is fuked. para still ruins good skilled pvp.

and 1v3 wasnt so bad because if i deid didnt prove nothin it was 3v1. but if i won theirs something to be proud about.

my biggest pk thrill was a 1v9 battle owned all of them and thay all attacked me at once and these were capped chars. i would say it was luck and part skill that got me throu it. but the worst part is how i deid. para shock and a tg guard. now hows that for a kicker.

braged that in trades and nid got mad :(

VetteroX
05-02-04, 09:04
Fighting in the old days was stupid... 2 people fight... one starts to lose. all of asudden he stops moving (hes putting his weapons away) and let himself be killed. It was lame. If anything can drop, qb or backpack, then they will just zone or fightless... the safeslot improved fighting, and though I like getting good loot, the fighting is more fun then getting loot... more people fight if they wont lose thier safe slot = more fun....

And pk Im sorry but I get EVERYTHING I have by working for it... nobody gave me shit... I trade or farm. The vast majority of your stuff is given to you by clan mates or the people you ppu... so of course you dont care as much about losing your stuff because you didnt put in hour after hour to get it. And yes good weapons matter.... every little bit helps. Whens the last time you farmed 50 techs at a time? honestly? So sorry but im more attached to my stuff because I had to sacrafice a lot of time getting it. Stealthings lame and stealthers never die if they are good.... try killing my stealthing pe... you cant..... unless i crash. The only time I die otherwise is because I get reckless and attack too much, but if I could drop my rare id stealth outta there if I didnt KNOW I was gonna win.... Its not even in that respect.... seriously try to kill a good rifle stealth spy... its not gonna happen, db and para him all u want, and watch it come off in 1 second flat.... he will get druggey after a bit go zone, hide, recover and be back sniping you.... you cant kill them.

Lanigav
05-02-04, 09:07
A huge, emphatic, extreme no.

BombShell
05-02-04, 09:12
Originally posted by VetteroX
Fighting in the old days was stupid... 2 people fight... one starts to lose. all of asudden he stops moving (hes putting his weapons away) and let himself be killed. It was lame. If anything can drop, qb or backpack, then they will just zone or fightless... the safeslot improved fighting, and though I like getting good loot, the fighting is more fun then getting loot... more people fight if they wont lose thier safe slot = more fun....

And pk Im sorry but I get EVERYTHING I have by working for it... nobody gave me shit... I trade or farm. The vast majority of your stuff is given to you by clan mates or the people you ppu... so of course you dont care as much about losing your stuff because you didnt put in hour after hour to get it. And yes good weapons matter.... every little bit helps. Whens the last time you farmed 50 techs at a time? honestly? So sorry but im more attached to my stuff because I had to sacrafice a lot of time getting it. Stealthings lame and stealthers never die if they are good.... try killing my stealthing pe... you cant..... unless i crash. The only time I die otherwise is because I get reckless and attack too much, but if I could drop my rare id stealth outta there if I didnt KNOW I was gonna win.... Its not even in that respect.... seriously try to kill a good rifle stealth spy... its not gonna happen, db and para him all u want, and watch it come off in 1 second flat.... he will get druggey after a bit go zone, hide, recover and be back sniping you.... you cant kill them.

hehe u dont know me. am the one usally givin shit away. but i hav hunted over 150 techs in 1 week a while bak. vet i used to hear u were such a pker but its less likly ur ruthless u only hide behind something.

and u stealth doesnt scare me. last stealth fight i fought was 2 pes and 1 spy i was in TG when i was TG thay were raiding it. all thay did was use their rolh and blacksun on me but everytime i shoot them thay ran in cloak i hit heal and med and i am able to scare them away agin. 2 of them died when bak up arrived and the spy got away.

like u said u will run away in cloak if it gets bad.

Edit and one stealth nerf i said before was to hav stealth debuff u so its not used as a offence and if is ur at spy lvl.

VetteroX
05-02-04, 09:31
currently my pe doesnt use stealth... i have one that does but hes rare hunting atm, not pvp. Im simply making an example that you cant kill any good stealthing pe... I love fighting and the safe slot being taken away will make peoppe fight LESS.... if you dont think im good fighter bombshell, we can have another duel... I won our first btw, and it wasnt too hard.

BTW bombshell.. I re read my post twice... exactly WHERE in my post did you see it being directed toward you? theres nothing in there that addresses you... so why are you responding to it like it is? im clearly responding to psycho killas responce to me... try reading all the words next time.

Estabin
05-02-04, 09:31
OK let me get something straight right off the bat before I reply... I am not for or against a safe slot, as it stands I will play the game as long as it is fun to me, if it ceases to be fun I usually putt around with it looking for changes, then I usually just look for another game and keep checking back to see the status of the game. I got a few I have done this with so far and most of em fal under the "game had lots of potential" category. I enjoy Neocron at this point and there are good points on both sides of the argument for and against safe slots, and I am still too new to give a valid opinion either way.

I will say to the guys who are wanting the safe slot removed... look at the poll, you are pissing in the wind man, the majority(key word here) of the people don't want the safe slot removed (I didn't vote because I have no opinion one way or the other). I couldn't help but reply after reading the entire thing and say you guys are in the minority that want the safe slot removed and since the game is run by a business...something tells me they are going to try to appease (one would hope) the majority.

You guys would prolly have more luck in trying to get a new server started with the rules that you want than change the existing ones, personally if they did such a thing I think it should only have one character slot and no LEs.

I also agree that the current Soullight system is kinda screwy, if someone attacks you, you should be able to defend yourself and put 'em down without a Soullight hit, maybe a minor faction hit but not a Soullight hit and not as significant as have seen. Defending yourself even against someone you are allied according to faction should never be penalized. I agree with the most wanted section on the Citycom terms but putting the location of 'em was a little much imho, maybe they should add bounty hunter missions that give you a missoin with a few days (real time) to finish them that allows you to go after a criminal, but it should also inform the criminal that you are going after them... but I digress back to the matter at hand.

This game is a niche game, look at all the other MMoRPGs out there, the only other game that has PvP in it that is doing well is DAoC and it has a heavy concentration of PvM with PvP being sort of an alternative instead of being the point of the entire game. Every MMoRPG I have played the PvP server was always the least populated, this says something about this gendre of video games (not that it is over run with a bunch of carebears :p ). Lineage is extremely popular, but only in certain places, heck I didn't even hear about Lineage until I was on like my 5th or 6th MMORPG. Kinda lost my train of thought on this... what where we talking about?

Also, where can I find the rules on Soullight and the differant zones and what effect they have on your drops and what not. I was kinda curious how Soullight effects your drops and I have a vague idea but would like some clarification.

BombShell
05-02-04, 09:37
currently my pe doesnt use stealth... i have one that does but hes rare hunting atm, not pvp. Im simply making an example that you cant kill any good stealthing pe... I love fighting and the safe slot being taken away will make peoppe fight LESS.... if you dont think im good fighter bombshell, we can have another duel... I won our first btw, and it wasnt too hard.

BTW bombshell.. I re read my post twice... exactly WHERE in my post did you see it being directed toward you? theres nothing in there that addresses you... so why are you responding to it like it is? im clearly responding to psycho killas responce to me... try reading all the words next time.

well i dont know who u are. but look around u. u cant tell me pvp isnt dieing. and its getting worst.

and if ur able to kill me y wouldnt u want 0 safeslot hell u could get a free cs.

VetteroX
05-02-04, 09:48
I want more pvp, and thats one reason I want a safe slot. Think about it, I own certain people day after day... if they lost their rares they wouldnt fight anymore.... Ive already made lots of people put the le in and thats from losing defelctors and pants... what do you think they will do if I make em drop a rare? rare dropping will make people fight LESS. I want guards gone, I want safezones eliminated, and I wanna be able to track everyone in city com.... I just wana keep the safeslot. I want people to drop money when they die too... but some people only have 1 rare, and if they lose i they will stop fighting, and I want more people to fight, not less.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 09:50
i say take the game back to jan/feb...

... that includes item drops/old skool hybrids/unprovoked random pkers/the works i know this aint everyones cup of tea but tbh the game is starting to be a PvM game with an added chat room i mean come on i know for a fact i play for the PvP like pl have said b4 this its adreneline(or how eva u spell it) pumping fun and u can prove ur skillz to the server and boast about it on trade afta like most ppl do nowadayz

i mean my first rare was a pain easier i had had it for like 30 mins just taking it to my app in pp2 and MeGa and PK come round the corner and quess what within 30 secs im lying on my back jus bout to GR but i had jus lost my very first rare as u can imagine i was f*ckin pissed but now i just laff at it and i look back and see how carebear its gone + i dont care what anyone says and i know they were ova pawerd but i miss old skool hybrids u had to be a good player and it was fun watching CC take out like 7 tanks 3 spys and god knows who else i was just in ore we need to see those days again

so there :p

BombShell
05-02-04, 09:54
well i want wut u want. but i also like a reward from pvp. but apparently none likes my mugging system and yet got more votes out of 0 safe slots. funny huh.

but theirs always ways to get rares like increasing drops for a increasin population server.

saturn is getting mroe peeps from pluto and uranus. prices are goin up. and one way to keep prices down on parts is to increase drop rates.

but me i would liek to hav a reward ok.

BombShell
05-02-04, 09:57
Originally posted by Peter Andre
i say take the game back to jan/feb...

... that includes item drops/old skool hybrids/unprovoked random pkers/the works i know this aint everyones cup of tea but tbh the game is starting to be a PvM game with an added chat room i mean come on i know for a fact i play for the PvP like pl have said b4 this its adreneline(or how eva u spell it) pumping fun and u can prove ur skillz to the server and boast about it on trade afta like most ppl do nowadayz

i mean my first rare was a pain easier i had had it for like 30 mins just taking it to my app in pp2 and MeGa and PK come round the corner and quess what within 30 secs im lying on my back jus bout to GR but i had jus lost my very first rare as u can imagine i was f*ckin pissed but now i just laff at it and i look back and see how carebear its gone + i dont care what anyone says and i know they were ova pawerd but i miss old skool hybrids u had to be a good player and it was fun watching CC take out like 7 tanks 3 spys and god knows who else i was just in ore we need to see those days again

so there :p

u and me both. u can never beat the classics. but its gone and i doubt we will ever see it agin.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 10:04
oh btw double post :eek:

with the invetion of the safe slot the rare trading has gone right down hill i mean when there wasnt safe slot u used to se ppl buying PE parts like evry other week ans now once they get a good weapon they stick it in slot 1 and keep it till they reroll it truly has fucked the econemy but hey who care everyone has a good weapon quit the whining right???

Rjn
05-02-04, 10:10
i dont have a ppu so this isnt a i want post but i think they should introduce a glove that gives ppus another 10 slots in belt and also including more safe slots maybe 4 altogether u would need to make the glove give neg 250 apu be a monk to use and a ppu min of like 100 to use as only high end ppus hit the problem of swaping spells left right and center

gostly
05-02-04, 10:13
i cant believe that poll...

all you people that claim to be hardcore pk'ers...dont even kid yourself if you voted to keep your safeslot...

being safe is carebears #1 slogan...

i say get rid of safeslot/quickbelts...and inventory drops...back to the old random 1-10 quickbar drop straight to the ground...i wont go in on it much...seeing as so many of you are little bitches about losing your weapons...

this poll/thread is just upsetting :rolleyes:

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 10:20
i agree its a bitch swaping out spells but any more safe slots is kinda unfare dont u think?

cos after all if u dont want to lose ur shit just buff by a gogu or dont fight, but after all stuff isnt hard to get ahold of just takes time and patience

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 10:22
i am ashamed to call my self a neocron citizen with the way this pol has gone:mad:

extract
05-02-04, 10:34
yea but this game is advertised as a MMORPG "with" PvP elements........if you people want to play a die hard PvP go play quake and others like it.........there is much more to this game than pvping, and there are actually people here who still have to level and shit.....I can understand I have almost all capped chars and really all there is left to do is PvP, but remember not everyone has played for 2 years and has everything in game, there should still be an incentive to continue doing other things in game other than PVP............and removing things like this is really more of a deterant than anything..........

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 10:51
im not saying this is a PvP game im saying PvP is the most exiting bit in the game imho and realy can u tell me when was the last time pluto had an RPG event (apart from events i mean runner held) last one u might be able to call an rpg event was ivory's wild goose chace around the map but i dont know there might be a secret acult of RPers ploting to keel meh when my backs turned

this game is kinda an atempt at an mmorpg and a fps game but its the best online game i ahve played bar none but i could be alot betta

oh yea and btw all the servers had more ppl playing them back in jan/feb when there was hybrids,when there WAS item drops, when there WAS random PKers lose these things and sudenly there is 100 ppl playing when there was 400 O.o put 2 and 2 together figure out what this game needs to get back

Estabin
05-02-04, 11:45
Originally posted by Peter Andre
oh yea and btw all the servers had more ppl playing them back in jan/feb when there was hybrids,when there WAS item drops, when there WAS random PKers lose these things and sudenly there is 100 ppl playing when there was 400 O.o put 2 and 2 together figure out what this game needs to get back

We could also turn around and say that the reason the game lost so many people is because of the fact that people where losing stuff constantly and PKing had no repurcussions, and that they added all that they did in an attempt to get the game back on track... but it would be futile since most people have an opinion and it is arguable either way.

I think you guys should really put your energy in trying to fix certain things that you can instead of something that looks like a losing fight such as this, fight for Venus (dunno why Venus, why not Mars?), fight for a better Soullight system, heck someone suggested a monetary reward for killing people which sounds like a really interesting idea and would add something to PvP...

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 12:22
lol that would kinda suk i have near caped money ill para sum1 in pp1 get i dunno 10k for killin em and drop 2 mil eeeeep no thx j/k good idea u could get SL back for killing faction enemies but thinking about it that is subject to exploit ohnoz i have -32 SL and jus pay some red person 1 mil to die ova and ova....i dont know wht im sayin ive been up all night.... PvP reward needs to be changed though defenatly

darkservent
05-02-04, 12:50
yea well back then there were alot of ppl. U can say that they left cause of them reasons but look now there supposadly fixed why arnt they back. Even i had the same incident of loosin my first rare to GORE within 30 mins of gettin it. I thirsted for revenge and i got it.

PvP is dead for me in NC. Its gotten borin and like a new chat room to me. Lets see wot DOY brings us. It would be funny to see KK enforce Item drops in warzones. Lookin at the idea I think ppl wouldnt leave the game so easily, as it is a highly addictive game. PPL adapted to so many changes over the period of this year so why cant we adapt to this. Ah well who knows maybe neptune will come. Well just wait and see.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 12:57
sux to be us eh?

its the fact that kk move so slowly and introduce things in stages not just wam bam there u go if u dont like it FU they bring it in so players can adapt to it its either clever or they do just work slowly :p

so 1st reintroduece item drops 2nd take out safe slot 3rd neptune :D

P4mp3rk3
05-02-04, 13:17
They made it that you don't drop belts in warzones because people DIDN'T do OP wars anymore BECAUSEif they lost the battle they'd lose a precious item.
They gave us 1 safe slot because most people thought it was a good idea and because people were sick of losing something they worked hard for to get to some so called RPK person.

Or am I wrong??

I think it's a minority that wants it back to how it was (as the poll shows)

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 13:26
yea i guess i am the minority ill jus go to neptune when it comes out :p

P4mp3rk3
05-02-04, 13:46
I don't think there will be a neptune m8...
they're removing all safezones with DOY (except for bars and HQ's and stuff)....but there'll always be...

THE SAFESLOT

;)

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 13:50
ahhhh well i can live in hope :rolleyes:

dont know what im compliaing about ima ppu O_o

numb
05-02-04, 13:51
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
They made it that you don't drop belts in warzones because people DIDN'T do OP wars anymore BECAUSEif they lost the battle they'd lose a precious item.

Or am I wrong??

I think it's a minority that wants it back to how it was (as the poll shows)

Considering in the evenings there are 1400 people across the neocron servers online - this poll doesnt have enough votes to say what the majority and minority wants. I'm sure there's much more subscribers than just the ones the online meter at necronnetwork.de displays.

Didnt the no drop in warzone change come in at the same time that the hackable belts and safeslot did? Before that, if you died in an op fight, your enemy could _instantly_ pick up your gun. With belt drop rules on, they'd have to hack your belt in the middle of the fight - which is an absolutely stupid thing to do.

Tbh I am for the change. Because it's so incredibly boring never losing anything anymore. If you lose a rare, you are fuming + you will do whatever you can to get revenge on your attacker - perhaps repeatably, until they drop something of equal value.

It would be nice to be guaranteed at least 1 rare part from each mob that drops them.

I would also like to see reduction in penalty for losing soullight - 5 items is ridiculous, it's been said time and time again on these forums, soullight is something that should only be taken into account with the sympathy you get towards the cop bots patrolling neocron - realistically, how bad you are does not dictate how many things fall out of your pocket when you hit the ground. NB: I am not a pker - but I dont think it's wrong to do it and I really think that rule makes the game _super_ carebear.

When I started the game, one of the main hints I read on sites with guides were 'keep a lot of backup weapons' - that point is irrelevant these days and it shouldnt be!

I dont understand why anyone cant just take a big gulp when they've lost something decent - and do whatever they can to get a replacement, and the options there are not just go hunting for rares - u do have the option to hunt for your attacker or other people carrying them (you could limit your search to known PKers, if ganking people is not something you want to do).

Finally, someone made a point earlier in this thread (and I havent read the whole thing) about being able to go afk when hunting in an anarchy zone thanks to the safeslot - well, anarchy zones are _not_ safe areas, you can alt-f4 to get out of the game quickly - but going afk in an insecure zone should not be an option for someone who does not wear an LE chip.

P4mp3rk3
05-02-04, 16:29
Originally posted by numb
Considering in the evenings there are 1400 people across the neocron servers online - this poll doesnt have enough votes to say what the majority and minority wants. I'm sure there's much more subscribers than just the ones the online meter at necronnetwork.de displays.

I know that, by majority and minority I mean the people on the forums :)

And yes, belt rules came at the time they made warzones, but they got implemented because people complained that they constantly lost all their good stuff to an OP war, no?
It will just be the same if they made it so that you drop belts at OPs, the winners would hack all the belts there, and eventually people will lose good items....
Next OP war you'll be like "meh, fuck it, already lost a CS or whatever, don't wanna risk another"

sounds a bit drastic, and it won't happen untill after a couple of good fights of course, but eventually the same reasons for a safeslot will arise, like they did many months ago

I agree with you on the red SL drop part though :)

numb
05-02-04, 16:52
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3

It will just be the same if they made it so that you drop belts at OPs, the winners would hack all the belts there, and eventually people will lose good items....
Next OP war you'll be like "meh, fuck it, already lost a CS or whatever, don't wanna risk another"

I know what you mean to a certain extent. In some circumstances though, I imagine your clan will have time at the end of a fight to regroup, repoke, use slightly lower TL weapons and show a whole new world of pain to the spies on the opposing team. Basically it will take the enemy far longer to acquire the goods - giving you a little time to retaliate and hopefully salvage some of them. If you've lost defending your op the hackers will need to work on the op first anyway, which takes a good few minutes. If you lose trying to regain your op - would it be possible for a teamed stealthed spy to pick up everyone's belt? I cant remember if stealthers can open things while stealthed.

I dont think this thread is about belt drops in warzones anyway though.

Strych9
05-02-04, 17:02
People have just become complacent. The same runners that would rag on Everquest for just being about getting better stuff turn around and then refuse to consider a change to Neocron in which they might actually lose an item that they like.

Nevermind the fact that losing a weapon would give a player something to do in game (get/find/loot/create a new one) aside from whine that there is nothing to do.

I tell you, these last few days have been very telling about the pro-PK community here in Neocron. Typically, one thinks that PKers are in some way hardcore players. Now though, I dont associate PKers with that idea anymore.

PKers are just as much carebears as anyone else. There are true hardcore players out there... those that DO want death to have meaning, those that DO want there to be struggles in the game... like Rade and Psycho Killa... and then there are posers, people that act tough cause they kill other runners but actually want the game to be as easy as possible.

MIND YOU- there is nothing wrong with wanting the game to be easy. Its only a problem when you try and act like a badass at the same time.

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 18:23
People have just become complacent. The same runners that would rag on Everquest for just being about getting better stuff turn around and then refuse to consider a change to Neocron in which they might actually lose an item that they like.

Nevermind the fact that losing a weapon would give a player something to do in game (get/find/loot/create a new one) aside from whine that there is nothing to do.

I tell you, these last few days have been very telling about the pro-PK community here in Neocron. Typically, one thinks that PKers are in some way hardcore players. Now though, I dont associate PKers with that idea anymore.

PKers are just as much carebears as anyone else. There are true hardcore players out there... those that DO want death to have meaning, those that DO want there to be struggles in the game... like Rade and Psycho Killa... and then there are posers, people that act tough cause they kill other runners but actually want the game to be as easy as possible.

MIND YOU- there is nothing wrong with wanting the game to be easy. Its only a problem when you try and act like a badass at the same time.

when i kill someone it will ment sometin for them kuz i will harass them for half hour:lol: :lol:

joking

now really some ppl dont want to loose their stuff kuz its hard to replace.
in order that the safe slot is removed u will have to change other stuff, like drop rate...

to me i coulndt care less, its the same, safe slot or no safe slot
i carry 5 rares and i do not put in safe slot by any speacial love....

if someone kills me and i drop a belt will win a fully artifact spell, or a psi booster...........

Strych9
05-02-04, 18:43
Originally posted by Devils Grace
when i kill someone it will ment sometin for them kuz i will harass them for half hour:lol: :lol:

joking

now really some ppl dont want to loose their stuff kuz its hard to replace.
in order that the safe slot is removed u will have to change other stuff, like drop rate...

to me i coulndt care less, its the same, safe slot or no safe slot
i carry 5 rares and i do not put in safe slot by any speacial love....

if someone kills me and i drop a belt will win a fully artifact spell, or a psi booster........... I am fine with an increase in drop rate.

And its good to hear what you say above. I know monks have no choice but to leave good items in their belts.

I should add you to my very short list of Pkers that arent a carebear dressed in PKers clothing.

Carinth
05-02-04, 18:54

That's just so arrogant I don't even know where to begin. Weren't you a ppu constructor back then? How exactly did you get the sense that pvp was glorious then. Did you dm Ying and tell him how happy you are he just ganked you (for the third time that day), because it makes the game fun! Do you enjoy constantly having to pay for new weapons to be built, just cause some capped character is bored? Do you like being chased out of hunting ground after hunting ground, until you're stuck with some crummy corner of the wasteland just trying to get a few levels in peace? It was hardly glorious back then, there were good and bad things, as much as there are good and bad things currently.
There were so many other factors that have changed since then, you can't say the player loss was because of pvp being restricted. Specialization was enforced, DOY was delayed again and again, Bugs/Crashes never seemed to go away. There were tons of reasons for people to quit neocron. When ontop of that, you're being ganked by some trigger happy capped char, that's the final straw.

Personaly I like the community better now then back then. People who think the only source of entertainment in nc is to gank lower level players.. are pathetic. Most often it's because they wouldn't have a chance against someone closer to their level. The corpse raping canadians were especialy known for this. All bark and no bite. They had to jump you at your apartment, or at a gr, or at a hunting ground. If they made the mistake of staying long enough for you to come back to kill them, they'd get the snot beat out of them. Do you really want players like that back in action?

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 18:54
u should also run if u ever see me:lol: :lol:

no really isnt only drop rate

op's loads of ppl -- synch - crash
zone - synch crash

FRE

that but wich i love, when u catch someone flying, they could be in the other end of the map and u will still hit them

and so on

but i really wouldnt care as for me its the same.

and no one deres to say " yea u play a tank u dont drop nottin"

i...........only.............play................monkssssssss

and a droner for MB runs :lol: kuz they are fun as hell to

long live monkcrocon

Strych9
05-02-04, 19:09
That's just so arrogant I don't even know where to begin. Weren't you a ppu constructor back then? How exactly did you get the sense that pvp was glorious then. Did you dm Ying and tell him how happy you are he just ganked you (for the third time that day), because it makes the game fun! Do you enjoy constantly having to pay for new weapons to be built, just cause some capped character is bored? Do you like being chased out of hunting ground after hunting ground, until you're stuck with some crummy corner of the wasteland just trying to get a few levels in peace? It was hardly glorious back then, there were good and bad things, as much as there are good and bad things currently.
There were so many other factors that have changed since then, you can't say the player loss was because of pvp being restricted. Specialization was enforced, DOY was delayed again and again, Bugs/Crashes never seemed to go away. There were tons of reasons for people to quit neocron. When ontop of that, you're being ganked by some trigger happy capped char, that's the final straw.

Personaly I like the community better now then back then. People who think the only source of entertainment in nc is to gank lower level players.. are pathetic. Most often it's because they wouldn't have a chance against someone closer to their level. The corpse raping canadians were especialy known for this. All bark and no bite. They had to jump you at your apartment, or at a gr, or at a hunting ground. If they made the mistake of staying long enough for you to come back to kill them, they'd get the snot beat out of them. Do you really want players like that back in action? Before I respond, let me verify: was this meant to respond to what I said?

I never mentioned anything about people quitting Neocron in the post you replied to, and I didnt say anything about how it used to be. I only commented that the hypocrites are revealing themselves when pressed with the idea of the game becomes riskier.

Please verify that what you said was in response to that post, and I will respond.

Carinth
05-02-04, 19:23
Before I respond, let me verify: was this meant to respond to what I said?

I never mentioned anything about people quitting Neocron in the post you replied to, and I didnt say anything about how it used to be. I only commented that the hypocrites are revealing themselves when pressed with the idea of the game becomes riskier.

Please verify that what you said was in response to that post, and I will respond.

It is, because you're labeling everyone who doesnt agree with you carebears, and not true pvp players. The people you say are hardcore, all want the game like it was back then. I could make similar generalizations to your carebear remark. How about this? Those that want "hardcore" pvp are the kind of player that was specificly targeted for removal by kk because they were negatively impacting the community.

I participate in pvp because it's fun. I don't ever expect to get any good loot, because I can't hack, and I'm a ppu. I don't need loot as an incentive to kill people. If anything the game tries its best to discourage me from pvp, since I'm a ppu. Plus as Vet said people are more likely to come back and fight again if they don't lose valuable items. I don't see what item dropping adds to the game. It just means killers can actualy loot, rather then only hackers. So easy kills will be more popular, just like they used to be. Ganking/GR Camping/Sewer Raiding, were all symptoms of item drops that we tankfuly got rid of.

Strych9
05-02-04, 19:49
Still dont know to what this refers, but I shall answer. And then your response to the post where I asked if this was about me.

That's just so arrogant I don't even know where to begin. Weren't you a ppu constructor back then? How exactly did you get the sense that pvp was glorious then. Did you dm Ying and tell him how happy you are he just ganked you (for the third time that day), because it makes the game fun! Do you enjoy constantly having to pay for new weapons to be built, just cause some capped character is bored? Do you like being chased out of hunting ground after hunting ground, until you're stuck with some crummy corner of the wasteland just trying to get a few levels in peace?Back then, when you dropped a rare, 9/10 times the aggressor would give it back to you if you asked. Rare drops were more frequent (talking about parts) so people didnt have much trouble getting rares either.

I was killed by Sid a few times, but he was never in the forum proclaiming how good he was and how he was better than an entire faction on an entire server- and he killed people when there was a chance that he could drop his weapon as well.

Yes, it sucked back then being killed by gankers, but at least in MY mind, from what *I* remember, most of them didnt prey on noobs, claiming that they are trying to lure out capped alts.

Was it more glorious back then? I think so. For many different reasons, things were more enjoyable to me.

Is that what you were wanting?

And regarding the arrogance of what I said, sure- I am calling it like I see it. If you disagree with something I actually said (rather than this response of yours which really doesnt answer anything) feel free to post. Tell me what I said that was incorrect- was I wrong when I said that the people who often rag on everquest are the same ones that now dont wanna risk losing their precious weapon?
It was hardly glorious back then, there were good and bad things, as much as there are good and bad things currently. There were so many other factors that have changed since then, you can't say the player loss was because of pvp being restricted.Now I know for a fact that *I* have NEVER indicated that player loss was from PvP being restricted. I have argued against that. THat is something I would say.

Thats why I asked if this response was to me. I NEVER advocated that player loss was due to PvP restrictions.

????
Specialization was enforced, DOY was delayed again and again, Bugs/Crashes never seemed to go away. There were tons of reasons for people to quit neocron. When ontop of that, you're being ganked by some trigger happy capped char, that's the final straw.I agree 100%. I have been PUSHING for capped PKers to try and fight their own kind rather than picking on those that cant fight back. I have made threads with suggestions in the PvP system to give incentive for capped players to fight other players.

So again... I agree with this. I always have.
Personaly I like the community better now then back then. People who think the only source of entertainment in nc is to gank lower level players.. are pathetic.Agreed 100%
Most often it's because they wouldn't have a chance against someone closer to their level. The corpse raping canadians were especialy known for this. All bark and no bite. They had to jump you at your apartment, or at a gr, or at a hunting ground. If they made the mistake of staying long enough for you to come back to kill them, they'd get the snot beat out of them. Do you really want players like that back in action? I dont think I advocate anything that brings players like that back.

I advocate making PvP riskier... and that includes the PKers themselves. Do you think PKers would gank as freely if they risked losing their rare weap they use for ganking???

--

Okay, on to your second post:
It is, because you're labeling everyone who doesnt agree with you carebears, and not true pvp players.[Nope. It wasnt that they had to agree with me, and I didnt label everyone that disagreed carebears.

The whole point was to shove it back in the face of the PKers that talk tough and gank noobs, but then dont respond the same when pressed with a real challenge. Those are the ones I am accusing of being hypocrites. The same ones you indicate you dont like above, and you call their actions pathetic.

I mention PKers, not PvPers or even players. PKers. I also mention those that would rag on carebears and tell them to go play everquest if they just want to collect items.

How is that saying "anyone that disagrees is a carebear"?? I am specifically calling out the PKers (those that purely hunt other players).
The people you say are hardcore, all want the game like it was back then. I could make similar generalizations to your carebear remark. How about this? Those that want "hardcore" pvp are the kind of player that was specificly targeted for removal by kk because they were negatively impacting the community.I think you could successfully make that argument if you chose to.

And read the last part of what I say in that post you quoted- I am fairly explicit in saying that I am talking about those that talk tough about PKing but then want carebearish drop rules.
I participate in pvp because it's fun. I don't ever expect to get any good loot, because I can't hack, and I'm a ppu. I don't need loot as an incentive to kill people. If anything the game tries its best to discourage me from pvp, since I'm a ppu. Plus as Vet said people are more likely to come back and fight again if they don't lose valuable items. I don't see what item dropping adds to the game. It just means killers can actualy loot, rather then only hackers. So easy kills will be more popular, just like they used to be. Ganking/GR Camping/Sewer Raiding, were all symptoms of item drops that we tankfuly got rid of.Ah, finally some analysis to deal with.

I disagree with you here. You say yourself, in the above passage:
Plus as Vet said people are more likely to come back and fight again if they don't lose valuable items.Now, considering that I am advocating the ability for PKers to drop valuable items... doesnt that mean if what Vett said is true, that my advocacy is good because it stops those pathetic PKers you dont like from coming back?

Or wait, now you WANT people to come back and fight? I guess that would explain your reasoning. So you think that my advocacy would stop peole from coming back to fight cause they would lose stuff

AND

that the PKers would come back and start ganking again?

Sorry, I seriously dont follow your reasoning here.

By my advocacy, will people come back to fight or not? Please pick one or the other, and I will answer accordingly.

But right now, you tell me that Vett is right and people wont come back then you say people will come back and start ganking again.
Ganking/GR Camping/Sewer Raiding, were all symptoms of item drops that we tankfuly got rid ofWow, are you serious? We no longer have GR Camping and Ganking because of the safeslots?

Seriously, if you think there is no more ganking, and that GR camping doesnt happen (Gee, Vett already indicated he would camp DoY and gank anyone that came by... :rolleyes:) then you REALLY need to get out more.

GR Camping and Ganking are at all time highs right now. The Rhino GR Camp is my personal favorite.

VetteroX
05-02-04, 20:29
Strych9... im not gonna make another post explaining why im for the safeslot again.... ive read if over and I still think im right, its not simply about losing my rare its that fighting with out rares, except for MAYBE the energy beam and blacksun just is not viable at this point in nc... people would fight less after losing rares... period. and I want more fights... so you want safeslot gone your the carebear, cause of how NC is now NOT ONE YEAR AGO. It wouldnt work. STW stych9, you use an LE, so you have no say in any pvp matter.... its like a guy sitting on a warm dead body stabbing it saying murder is wrong... LE at ANY level is for cowards, and you use it.

BTW... I STILL havnt seen one good reason for the removal of the safeslot... all ive seen is "because I want thier rare" which who many people apun losing it, WILL stop fighting.... so as people call me a pker who just wants to ruin peoples fun, I just want to fight... the people who really wanna ruin peopls fun are the ones who want the safeslot gone, not only illing someone but severely diminishing the chance of them being able to, or wanting to fight anymore because they lose the will and means to fight.

and im gonna say it, one more time, in caps lock, so you can see it.

THIS IS NOT THE NC OF ONE YEAR AGO. ITS NOT THE SAME ANYMORE. IS THIS CLEAR? I'll give just 1 example before I accidently post my list again, before i could get 50 techs a night without efort... meaning i didnt have to spend as much time as now, and most of them were usefull... out of 50, lib and cs and pain easer parts were garenteed almost... now we got rare drone bs, all these odd new rares, etc... now I get a lib part one in ever 150 parts..... ITS NOT THE SAME GAME AS IT WAS A YEAR AGO. there it is for you again.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 20:44

Thats why you would still have the same drop rules as now just minus the safe slot and hopefully we can make it so the person who does the most damage can open the belt without hacking. (Hey your getting fucking hackney so you hackers have nothing to bitch about making hack useless.

And pk Im sorry but I get EVERYTHING I have by working for it... nobody gave me shit... I trade or farm. The vast majority of your stuff is given to you by clan mates or the people you ppu...

O wow Ive gotten a few shelters and heals here and there that hardly helps when everytime I die I drop a 3-4 slot item.

so of course you dont care as much about losing your stuff because you didnt put in hour after hour to get it.

Guess what buddy I wasnt always a ppu I have like 200 tech parts in my apartment I didnt get them from sitting on my ass. I just got about 5 rares constructed for my private eye and all of it was from trading tech parts ive had for over a year now that I farmed myself.

Do you know how many many many countless times I have ppued people tech farming or EVEN mc5 farming AND NOT GOTTEN A THING from that trip? Thats why people help me get shit made because I help them farm for the shit that they do earn one hand washes the other. Not to mention the hours and hours ive put in just to help level other people so saying I didnt earn the items people give me is a bunch of fucking horse shit.

And yes good weapons matter.... every little bit helps. Whens the last time you farmed 50 techs at a time? honestly?

Sure every little bit helps but its NOT neccesary jesus christ omg I only have 118 frequency on my lib whatever shall I do?

Guess what it will be an even playing field every little bit helps but guess what it goes the same way for the person your fighting there not gonna take out an all artifact rare and if they do they deserve the slight edge since they are taking a greater risk DUH.

So sorry but im more attached to my stuff because I had to sacrafice a lot of time getting it.

Right I havent farmed parts ever in my almost 2 years of playing. I have to go tech farming soon probably just because so many rares have been introduced since I last had power hunting sessions (I use to hunt techs almost every day for atleast an hour) and i stocked up.

Like I said I ppu people all the time helping them level helping them farm mc5 helping them farm tech parts helping them do this and that. I dont go a 15 minute period where someone doesnt ask me to ppu for them to do something no exageration. So I think I earned everything ive gotten weither its directly or not.

Stealthings lame and stealthers never die if they are good.... try killing my stealthing pe... you cant..... unless i crash. The only time I die otherwise is because I get reckless and attack too much, but if I could drop my rare id stealth outta there if I didnt KNOW I was gonna win.... Its not even in that respect.... seriously try to kill a good rifle stealth spy... its not gonna happen, db and para him all u want, and watch it come off in 1 second flat.... he will get druggey after a bit go zone, hide, recover and be back sniping you.... you cant kill them.

Guess what thats a SHIT argument against safeslot but a good argument against balancing classes.

What does balancing a class have to do with a safe slot?

THIS IS NOT THE NC OF ONE YEAR AGO. ITS NOT THE SAME ANYMORE. IS THIS CLEAR? I'll give just 1 example before I accidently post my list again, before i could get 50 techs a night without efort... meaning i didnt have to spend as much time as now, and most of them were usefull... out of 50, lib and cs and pain easer parts were garenteed almost... now we got rare drone bs, all these odd new rares, etc... now I get a lib part one in ever 150 parts..... ITS NOT THE SAME GAME AS IT WAS A YEAR AGO. there it is for you again.

OMG ONCE AGAIN blah blah

You obviously havent read anything anyone has said. The tech pool would need to be cleaned up and tech drop increased.

Strych9
05-02-04, 21:03
STW stych9, you use an LE, so you have no say in any pvp matter.... its like a guy sitting on a warm dead body stabbing it saying murder is wrong... LE at ANY level is for cowards, and you use it.LOL, I have answered all of your big reasons for why you are against the safeslot, so the fact that you wont state them again is fine by me.

And ONE... one of my four chars has a LE in. My monk, PE, and tank do not. I know you personally have killed my monk before I believe... PE once as well.

Is that the best you can do?

Give it a rest. We know you worked long and hard for your weapon and you dont want to lose it.
BTW... I STILL havnt seen one good reason for the removal of the safeslot... all ive seen is "because I want thier rare" which who many people apun losing it, WILL stop fighting.... so as people call me a pker who just wants to ruin peoples fun, I just want to fight... the people who really wanna ruin peopls fun are the ones who want the safeslot gone, not only illing someone but severely diminishing the chance of them being able to, or wanting to fight anymore because they lose the will and means to fight.Is this where we should thank you for doing so much to make people enjoy Neocron more?

Do you not care about having a reason to fight? Are you so dependent on your rare weap that if you lost it you would LOSE THE WILL TO FIGHT?

I would hope not. I would have thought that you are above that stuff.

Saturn needs to have a "non-rare" day or two. Where everyone on the server stops using rares in PvP, and see how it goes.

In not after ruining anyone's fun- I am after there being a reason to fight, a reason to avoid death, a reason to cause death, for death to have meaning.

Basically, I know you think you are a badass Vett- and obviously you are to some degree since you do kill a lot of players. I am just asking you to prove it. I want to know/see if you would be as effective in game and as tough in game if you had to risk the chance of possibly dropping your weapon upon death and at the same time had the chance to obtain the weap of your enemy. I want to see you function in a dark cruel cyberpunk world that is actually dark and cruel. Its like a tightrope walker claiming to be the most dangerous stunt tightrope walker on the planet, but then refusing to do it without a safety net. The difference that a tightrope walker would lose his life, while without a safeslot you would lose (maybe... its only a small chance) a weapon in an online game.

People in the forum talk about improving LE restrictions or upping SL penalties, and people freak out and read the passage on the Neocron box about PvP and whatnot. Then you suggest that they dont have a safeslot, and they react the same way but in the opposite direction.

I am just saying- lets make Neocron the dark post-apocolyptic world that it should be.

VetteroX
05-02-04, 21:23
yeah, and good luck making KK make thoes changes, how long have we asked for drones, (stfu droners we would make em buyable in stores) certain melee weapons, slot enhancers, and other useless junk taken out of the pool without em doing it? How long have we asked for epics to get a rare without em doing it? how long have we asked for parashock to just get the hell out of the game without them doing it? You can say "if it was like this" all you want but try actually making KK do it...

Strych9
05-02-04, 22:34
yeah, and good luck making KK make thoes changes, how long have we asked for drones, (stfu droners we would make em buyable in stores) certain melee weapons, slot enhancers, and other useless junk taken out of the pool without em doing it? How long have we asked for epics to get a rare without em doing it? how long have we asked for parashock to just get the hell out of the game without them doing it? You can say "if it was like this" all you want but try actually making KK do it... Hehe. Agreed my man.

fatwreck
05-02-04, 22:58
ok as it stands when a capped player masters one weapon(CS tank for example) he puts it in slot 1, then only has to worry about a MAX of 200k for PA. capped players run out of things to do because they no longer need to hunt or get stuff built once they have "the setup" if you had the chance of loosing your CS, then you'd have to either get on trade trying to buy parts, go out and hunt with your clan for rares, or try to gank someone else to get another CS. you would have a need to have more than one 3+ slot CS, thus getting you o nthe game more, playing more, having more fun trying to get parts and stuff built.

to be honest its boring to never "need" anythign anymore. ive been carrying 2 rares on my PE/apu/ppu to make fighting a little more fun, and to give me more of a reason not to die. ive lost 2 mals, 3 moonies, and a doom beamer on my tank over the past months and im still alive and playing the game. loosing your prized rare isnt the end of the world, its the begining of something new to do. fight after fight with no risk of loosing anything besides my store bought psi spells or armor i have to buy for no more than 50k aside from PA.

remeber everyone will risk the same loss if no one has a safe slot.

Carinth
05-02-04, 23:29
Originally posted by fatwreck
ok as it stands when a capped player masters one weapon(CS tank for example) he puts it in slot 1, then only has to worry about a MAX of 200k for PA. capped players run out of things to do because they no longer need to hunt or get stuff built once they have "the setup" if you had the chance of loosing your CS, then you'd have to either get on trade trying to buy parts, go out and hunt with your clan for rares, or try to gank someone else to get another CS. you would have a need to have more than one 3+ slot CS, thus getting you o nthe game more, playing more, having more fun trying to get parts and stuff built.

to be honest its boring to never "need" anythign anymore. ive been carrying 2 rares on my PE/apu/ppu to make fighting a little more fun, and to give me more of a reason not to die. ive lost 2 mals, 3 moonies, and a doom beamer on my tank over the past months and im still alive and playing the game. loosing your prized rare isnt the end of the world, its the begining of something new to do. fight after fight with no risk of loosing anything besides my store bought psi spells or armor i have to buy for no more than 50k aside from PA.

remeber everyone will risk the same loss if no one has a safe slot.

You have a ppu? You think the ppu risks the same as everyone else? Is your ppu a tradeskiller? Do you play your ppu in pvp combat? You are carrying only two rares on your ppu.. what about 4/5 slotted spells? I don't think you seriously play a ppu...

Strych9
06-02-04, 01:48
Originally posted by fatwreck
remeber everyone will risk the same loss if no one has a safe slot. Even though I want the safeslot removed, I cant agree with this.

If you do infact have a PPU, I have to wonder how you can say this.

Tank has a CS, ammo, armor, maybe some stamina boosters and medkits. PPU monk has same amount of armor, some psi boosters, and then anywhere from 6-12 spells they carry. Some rare, some not, but all more than likely player constructed and multi-slotted.

Just the sheer math indicates the PPU has a much higher chance of losing something of value. And that is even how it is now, WITH a safeslot too. The lack of safeslot at least puts the tank CS at risk- but the PPU still has a much higher risk involved.

KRIMINAL99
06-02-04, 01:59
You cant expect the average person to see the bigger picture and why it would be more fun to have no safeslot. All they care about is that they don't lose their weapon right now.

The extent I'll argue for removal (Id come back I think if this happened) is to say that more weapons would be made for the possibility of loss and higher quality weapons would be easier to come by. Your 5 slot weapon would have no use if you never used it, so you would use it anyways. People could actually get decent loot from each other and there would be a point to pvp. (although qb drops should be unlocked too)

The game is totally different like this, you don't have to have a 5 slot CS just to pvp and the lines between who is better than who becomes blurred due to difference in equipment causing someone to lose to the same person they beat yesterday. There is something to prevent stagnation at the top since having one more backup is always valuable and you go from pvping to get more loot to collecting more rareparts to add a new rare to the economy when you lose one.

As it is you follow pretty much a straight line to the top and have jack to do when you get there. You can't even be on even ground in pvp until you cap and have all uber loot, and then there becomes strictly defined lines for most people as to who they can and cannot beat, shattering their dreams of uberness which inhabit all players of video games to some degree.

Unlock the damn quickbelt, these fools don't know whats good for them :)