PDA

View Full Version : PP Chip

Dade Murphey
27-01-04, 15:33
First off...I know something like this was posted in it's own thread or in another thread not long ago...but I don't wanna dig around for it...and I don't want to bring up a thread that I, possibly, shouldn't...so...

I was thinking about the chip...and what it does...it would make a lot more sense if it affected poison instead of res force...when you think about what the chip would be doing to affect res force, it's really kinda fucked up...it would essentially be making either your skin harder or your innards harder...both of which are kind of disturbing...but for the others it's basically a filtration device of sorts...so in that sense it would be more logical to have it working for poison as opposed to force...and hell...resist force is like the easiest thing in the game to get...with practically everything in Con being essential these days to setting up a good fighting character it would be a lot nicer, too, in the long run for it to give poison...not so you don't have to add points to it, which I always try to do anyway, but because it would also free up a few xtra points to either put into poison itself or into another resist...shit these days every little bit helps in a con setup anyways...

So...whatta ya think??

Mumblyfish
27-01-04, 15:37
A bit pointless really. Stop whinging about uber-CON and overspec POR if it worries you that much.

\\Fényx//
27-01-04, 15:39
Mumblyfish [Pluto] - -99 SoulLight Droner

O_o Are you freakin serious ?

edit: take that crap outta my thread Fenyx...pm him if you wanna talk to him about his SL

allrite allrite, tbh if they did make this change it would just make my tank harder ^^ so im not saying no, I already voted yes anyway O_o ok now ? O_o

Dade Murphey
27-01-04, 15:41
I'm not whining...I don't think you really read what I was saying...I already said I always put points into poison as is...What I was getting at is with the chip being the "resistor" chip it makes more sense for it to do poison instead of force...I wasn't "whinging about uber-CON" please read thoroughly and besure you understand what I'm getting at

edit: take that crap outta my thread Fenyx...pm him if you wanna talk to him about his SL...you too Muerko

El_MUERkO
27-01-04, 15:41
Yes, its a project of his :)

greendonkeyuk
27-01-04, 15:45
/set thread back on topic.

Yes Dade, i like the idea, Por would be more useful to most classes than res force. (well except ppus prolly :rolleyes: )

Dade Murphey
27-01-04, 15:46
thanks Fenyx ;)
Honestly, I don't think it would make tanks harder...as tanks and monks are the only ones with poison weapons (that I know of o_O ) but really it's just 15pts but it would help spies and monks out and maybe calm some of the people who talk about how "uber" the devourer is

Deanus_willis
27-01-04, 16:13
ive had my PP resistor chip since when the thing was made and tbh it is great as it is. Everyone wants one and if its not broke dont fix it. BUT... i see what you mean. Why would a chip in your head give you resist force when the others are filters resists?
I say yes just to make it make sense :)
And because Reist force isn't needed as much as POR is.
nice one

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 16:17
naa .. my apu would suffer from the force but would be totaly invulnerable to poi ... and my tank would be totally godlike .. the only class it'd really help would be spies ... good job my spies are droners :)