PDA

View Full Version : [Pics inside] You think you know Jörg Schwiezer!? I show you the truth!!!

Deep Blue Six
27-01-04, 12:56
You all have seen pics of J. Schwiezer, but there was a time (long ago) where Martin looked a bit different then today!!!

No fake! Its Martin on one of his first interviews on Gamestar!

http://www.rw-welt.de/images/mjs1.jpg

Sorry Martin, but i had to post it!

Greetz

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 12:58
I prefer the best of threads to the noob from jupi with 'pics inside'

Nightbrother
27-01-04, 13:08
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
I prefer the best of threads to the noob from jupi with 'pics inside'

I prefer the picture threads to the highly subjective 'best' threads that rarely have any base in reality.

P.S. By the way, cool piccie of MJS. How old is that picture? He sure has changed physically. Good work on the dieting, MJS! :)

Deep Blue Six
27-01-04, 13:14
Take a close look at the pic. In the lower right corner is a diet coke!

I guess that was the start of his diet (that was in 2001).

Greetz

shodanjr_gr
27-01-04, 13:18
If MJS managed to get from that size in the picture to the super hot chick magnet CEO that he is know, that gives me some hopes that one day maybe ill loose weight too :)

GJ MJS ma man!!!!

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 13:19
lmao

must .. revise!

\\Fényx//
27-01-04, 13:20
All that cash he spends on women and slimfast himself instead of spending on some extra coders worked a charm :D ;)

Deep Blue Six
27-01-04, 13:37
oO

Thats it!

thats the reason why we havent seen Martin in the forum for a long time.

He is 24/7 in the gym :lol:

Deep Blue Six
27-01-04, 15:38
Hm, if i compare my post in the different channels i must hardly admit that we (Germans) slander about Martins ex weight and that you (our english m8s) congratulate him for the loss of weight.

Strange isnt it?

I by myself admire Martin for the willpower of such a diet and i truely congratulate him.

Come on Martin tell us all what kind of diet you tried out!

Greetz

Kodama

metalangel
27-01-04, 17:06
Heh, if I lived in Germany I'd be a large boy, all the bockwurst and Beck's... I'd look like Bender did in Anthology Of Interest 2.

There's a good picture of him leaning viciously towards the camera in a preview PCGamer UK did of NC...

Leebzie
27-01-04, 17:10
Originally posted by metalangel
There's a good picture of him leaning viciously towards the camera in a preview PCGamer UK did of NC...

*digs through his magazines*

Marx
27-01-04, 17:18
http://dirtynuke.net/mjs1.jpg

I DO NOT BELEIVE THAT THIS IS TEH MJS!

Nullifidian
27-01-04, 17:24
Want to lose weight?

Lift weights. Forget tedious, boring cardio. Lift weights. Muscle mass gained will increase your resting metabolism far beyond what cardio does.

Oh, and up the protein in your diet and decrease the carbohydrates. Ditch soda completely. It's an easy thing to get rid of and it's probably the largest contributor to the fatass syndrome. It's only difficult to change your diet in the beginning. Eventually you'll lose a taste for junkfood.

Plus, the whole lifting weights thing will help you look a hell of a lot better once you thin down. And no, don't worry about looking massive. Becoming massively huge is only physically possible for around 3% of the population anyway, and even for those 3% only possible with steroids, crazy workout schedules, and 400+ grams of protien per day. So you can feel safe in knowing the best you'll ever possibly achieve is a nicely toned body.

Whatever you do though, don't look for the "shortcut." Getting fit and staying fit is lifelong. As in, LIFE LONG. As in TAKES YOUR WHOLE LIFE. As in NOT TEMPORARY. You don't diet and then go back to your old habits. You change your diet permanently. If you don't, you'll die fat, ugly, lonely, young, single, and feeling like shit.

Original monk
27-01-04, 17:29
Originally posted by Nullifidian
Want to lose weight?

use drugs and go dancing in the weekends :)

extra note: dont dance yourself to dead mmkay

Marx
27-01-04, 17:30
The best way to lose weight: The 'Unagi Maki' diet.

You guessed it, you just eat unagi maki and workout 23 out of 24 hours. That last hour consists of the time spent eating. Oh, no sleep either - it's for wussies.

Do this for 2 years, and you should have the body of a champion skin bag!

Oh, and up the protein in your diet and decrease the carbohydrates. Ditch soda completely. It's an easy thing to get rid of and it's probably the largest contributor to the fatass syndrome. It's only difficult to change your diet in the beginning. Eventually you'll lose a taste for junkfood.

Truth, even if you're a lazybody just cutting soda will create an obvious difference in your body.

Judge
27-01-04, 17:43
The problem with doing exclusively weights and no cardio is that your heart will be weak compared to all the new muscles that it has to supply with blood. Which means that you are both more likely to get a heart attack and that you have alot less stamina than someone who does lots of cardio.

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 20:16
I'll never give up soda.

It is the nectar of life.

I'll work out and trim some fat, but hell will freeze over before I give up soda.

it's a shame that I won't be the black arnold schwarznegger :P

shardl0r
27-01-04, 20:27
Weights are no real benefit if you aren't on top of your cardio.

I mean thats like having a turbo-injected Maclaran complete with racing tyres, leather seats - all the trimming; a full tank of rocket fuel, and powered by a 50cc scooter engine.

Sure, it looks great, but you put it to the test and it's a very poor machine.
Cardio is far more important than weights, and whats more is that someone who's been doing cardio will get far more out of a weights workout, than someone who isn't.

Doing exclusive weights is bad advice.

Nullifidian:
"Whatever you do though, don't look for the "shortcut." Getting fit and staying fit is lifelong. As in, LIFE LONG. As in TAKES YOUR WHOLE LIFE. As in NOT TEMPORARY. You don't diet and then go back to your old habits. You change your diet permanently. If you don't, you'll die fat, ugly, lonely, young, single, and feeling like shit."

Thats very well put :)

metalangel
27-01-04, 20:32
Isn't a beer a day 'good' for you, as it aids digestion?

Nullifidian
27-01-04, 20:34
Originally posted by Judge
The problem with doing exclusively weights and no cardio is that your heart will be weak compared to all the new muscles that it has to supply with blood. Which means that you are both more likely to get a heart attack and that you have alot less stamina than someone who does lots of cardio.

I never said to specifically not do cardio, I merely said it isn't necessary. Most folks find it boring. I'm one of them.

No you aren't going to have a friggin heart attack any more than you would now. Weight lifting will increase your heartrate enough to keep your heart up to speed; not as much as cardio but good enough anyway. If you're worried about blood being able to get to your muscles, you can always take a vasodilating suppliment like Arginine or Ornithine (like MRI's NO2, Pinnacle's NoX2, Unniversal's NOX3, etc). If you're worried about not getting enough oxygen to your muscles, you can always take a cell volumizer like Creatine Monohydrate.

Trust me when I say that if you work out regularly it will improve your life in ways you never imagined.

Let me reiterate that cardio is not as necessary as all of you think. I have done ZERO cardio in the past I don't know how many years unless you count fencing every once in a while and skiing on a weekend here or there. In less than a year I went from 220 pounds with 30% bodyfat to 185 pounds with 12% bodyfat. I went from being able to bench 145 pounds to being able to bench 295 pounds. Let me tell you that it feels damn good to go down the street and have a beautiful woman stare at you because of your body. That's an amazing feeling.

darkservent
27-01-04, 21:13
so to loose a GUT u dont need to do cardio. Thats hard to believe Cardio can be made fun in many ways and not just stuck in the gym on the machines.

Nullifidian
27-01-04, 21:24
Originally posted by darkservent
so to loose a GUT u dont need to do cardio. Thats hard to believe Cardio can be made fun in many ways and not just stuck in the gym on the machines.

Weight lifting will make you lose fat a hell of a lot faster than cardio. The reason as I said is because weight lifting increases muscle mass. Muscle mass raises your resting metabolism insanely. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn just sitting on your ass.

Of course if you want to burn fat the absolute fastest, then you need to do both cardio AND weight lifting. But without weight lifting, you aren't going to burn fat nearly as fast as you'd like.

darkservent
27-01-04, 21:37
yea i can understand that weight liftin really can exaust u if u do it in a slow Controlled manner unlike lot of ppl who seem to do like 10 reps in like 15 secs or less. Oh and not to forget that diet is a hell of alot more importance when tryin to loose a GOOT.

Cytaur
27-01-04, 21:42
nah I'm sure its all the pressure from CDV made MJS sweat so much that he lost weight....

Argent
27-01-04, 22:00
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I'll never give up soda.

Translation : I won't have any natural teeth left at the age of 40.

joran420
27-01-04, 22:07
ya wanna lose weight? first thing ya need to do is PUT THE FUCKIN FORK DOWN

cocaine can help with dieting too...helps curb your appetite and speeds your metabolism :P

Sanch0s
27-01-04, 22:08
I cant give up coke its so fucking nice.

I brush my teeth daily.

Im not fat :P

Junk food is easy to give up, but coke, im hooked.

Keiron
27-01-04, 22:44
Originally posted by Sanch0s
I felt the same way. Then someone bet me $100 I coudn't go a month without a soda. 1 month later, I had $100 and no urge to drink soda. I do however find I'm drinking ALOT of water.

Nullifidian
27-01-04, 22:48
Oh, I completely forgot. How could I forget??

Drink a MINIMUM of 1 gallon of water per day. For you metric folks, at least 4 liters.

Aim for 2 gallons if you can, but that's tough to accomplish.

Water is required for the vast majority of chemical reactions that occur in your body. Drinking more water will flush your system of toxins and prevent you from retaining water. Retained water is actually what makes most people look fat, moreso than actual fat does. Drinking more water also suppresses appetite; you'll find you will naturally eat a lot less. To top it all off, you'll have a hell of a lot more energy if you drink that much water.

Rieper
27-01-04, 23:06
hehe, i go swimming every morning (1 hour) lift weights at home... Swimming for fitness, weights for strength, both burn calories. But my diet is crazy. Morning = Toastl. Lunch = brown rice and veg, dinner = brown rice and either fish or white meat

no red meat, no sugar (almost literally none.. only fructose, and not much of that) no white bread/white rice, no dairy no eggs.

rarely i have some of that shit, to treat.. but this way the weight stays off. Atkins diet replaces the weight you lose after you stop eating the meals.

RuriHoshino
27-01-04, 23:48
Originally posted by Sanch0s
I cant give up coke its so fucking nice.

I brush my teeth daily.

Im not fat :P

There's a reason why...:p

Coca Cola was originally a medicine made from coca plant. When the gov "restricted" cocaine, the company voluntarily removed the cocaine...but just the restricted chemicals, not the unrestricted derivatives! o_O :eek: :D

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 23:56
drink that much water, you're gonna be like that politican guy in XMen.

That, or you'll be best friends with that potted fern in the corner. First frond terms, definitely.

Nullifidian
28-01-04, 03:56
Originally posted by Rieper
hehe, i go swimming every morning (1 hour) lift weights at home... Swimming for fitness, weights for strength, both burn calories. But my diet is crazy. Morning = Toastl. Lunch = brown rice and veg, dinner = brown rice and either fish or white meat

no red meat, no sugar (almost literally none.. only fructose, and not much of that) no white bread/white rice, no dairy no eggs.

rarely i have some of that shit, to treat.. but this way the weight stays off. Atkins diet replaces the weight you lose after you stop eating the meals.

I hope you're eating enough. Without sufficient protein, your body will catabolize. That means you'll start losing muscle instead of gaining it.

As for drinking 2 gallons a day being too much. Not at all. Especially if you work out. The idea is to make sure your piss has no color at all. The less color in your piss, the healthier your kidneys are.

darkservent
28-01-04, 14:57
Originally posted by Heavyporker
drink that much water, you're gonna be like that politican guy in XMen.

That, or you'll be best friends with that potted fern in the corner. First frond terms, definitely.

Not really u split up 2 gallons over a day. And each time u take water ull be pissin away the wholeeeeeeeeee day. I could say most of ur day cfould be spent in the Toilet or in a bush and a v wild bush. Though one should NEVER ever take to much water in 1 go. Thatll be v v bad.

Duder
28-01-04, 22:21
Drinking too much water is bad for you, well if you drink alot in one sitting, (such as 2 gallons of water in an hour+-) plus not doing any physical work, you'll get over-hydration, and the water you just drank will dillute your salt levels, making you feel bad...and die. Eat something salty.

SorkZmok
28-01-04, 22:25
Originally posted by Rieper
Morning = Toastl. Lunch = brown rice and veg, dinner = brown rice and either fish or white meat

Omg i would die if i would do that too. :p

But man your sig is i think the coolest i've ever seen.

Nullifidian
28-01-04, 22:37
Originally posted by Duder
Drinking too much water is bad for you, well if you drink alot in one sitting, (such as 2 gallons of water in an hour+-) plus not doing any physical work, you'll get over-hydration, and the water you just drank will dillute your salt levels, making you feel bad...and die. Eat something salty.

I said 2 gallons a day. Does a day last 1 hour?

There are few people in this world retarded enough to drink 2 gallons in one sitting. There are even fewer are are physically capable of such an act.

2 gallons a day is nowhere near too much FOR A DAY. How many times I gotta say that? We're talking daily amounts here. Daily. Not minutely, not hourly, DAILY.

As for salt, most people have waaaaaaay too much salt in their diet anyway. Few have any fear of not having enough.

Saza
28-01-04, 23:02
Originally posted by Deep Blue Six
You all have seen pics of J. Schwiezer, but there was a time (long ago) where Martin looked a bit different then today!!!

No fake! Its Martin on one of his first interviews on Gamestar!

http://www.rw-welt.de/images/mjs1.jpg

Sorry Martin, but i had to post it!

Greetz

Now if you have any questions about DoY, post this picture plus ure questions, then when MJS sees his picture and wants to reply to it, he has to answer your question to stay on topic. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Omg, another genius idea from the pistol spy thats now a rifle spy that killed a buffed ppu monk and lore. Thats me.

Duder
28-01-04, 23:03
I never said that your statement about drinking 2 gallons a day was bad, just drinking 2 gallons in an hour, IT WAS AN EXAMPLE. I can change it to 3 Gallons if you got offended by 2 gallons.

Jesus, everyone in this forum is trying as hard as they can to start flame wars.

Duder
28-01-04, 23:35
Also, through scientific research, ive come to a conclusion that MJS does wear a rolex, you just need to magnify the picture 600000000x times.

http://www.imageshack.us/files/mjssuperpower2.jpg