PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the new tank PA

Whitestuff
27-01-04, 01:36
The new skins on the tank PA, where can I find a pic? I believe ezza has the head of one on his avitar. I would just like to see the design is all. The FANG team in their movie was wearing them and they look good.

Marx
27-01-04, 01:36
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
The new skins on the tank PA, where can I find a pic? I believe ezza has the head of one on his avitar. I would just like to see the design is all. The FANG team in their movie was wearing them and they look good.

link (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87115&highlight=camo+armor)

ezza
27-01-04, 01:37
its still there :D

sw1tch
27-01-04, 01:39
also in my sig, and i have them in retail over normal tank PA :D

sw1tch
27-01-04, 01:39
first ever double post, double clicked submit heh

Whitestuff
27-01-04, 01:40
Pretty f*cking sweet. I like it! Much beeter than our current "astronaut" rip offs.

EDIT: @ Ezza- I promised you like 2 months ago that I would duel you in pepper park, and I will, just let me adjust my resists now. City Admin Tank - Exxodus on Saturn

And how can I put it in my client over the new tank PA? Pleeeaaase tell meh.

sw1tch
27-01-04, 01:49
Originally posted by J. Folsom
As a side-note, if you really can't bear to wait until the Camo PA is in normally...

The following can only be done by those who have a test server installation of Neocron, or have friends who have a test server installation of Neocron.

Open your test server version of Neocron's folder (For example: "C:\Program Files\Neocron Test").
Open the models folder inside of there.
Copy the file "pak_tank_camoarmor.act" to the models folder in your normal Neocron folder (Default Location: "C:\Program Files\Neocron\Models")
Rename the copied "pak_tank_camoarmor.act" to "pak_mesh_tankarmor.act"
Log on, and marvel as your tank suddenly has the Camouflage armor equipped.

The coloring might be a bit off if it's a non-gray PA. Also, as I've tried it out myself, there seems to be no problems caused by this.

To get rid of this modification, simply delete the "pak_mesh_tankarmor.act" file in your Neocron\Models folder, Neocron will automattically start using the normal tank PA again.

This modification is in no way supported or endorsed by ReaKKtor Media, all problems caused by using it are thus in no way caused by the product supplied by ReaKKtor Media.

Edit: Also, if someone who's better at German then I am could post a translation of this to this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87118) I'd definitely appreciate it.
More edit: Another thing, if someone who speaks French notices them talking about the Camo PA, translate it for them as well.
Even more edit: Fixed the filenames, apologies to anyone who tried it and couldn't get it to work.
Guess what, more edit: The .act part of the filenames might not show up depending on how you've configured windows.

pretty useless if you dont have the .act file, i think someone hosted it, i'll go have a peek around.

Arek
27-01-04, 01:51
this PA suckZ!

its ugly :o
and take me CON! :rolleyes:

ezza
27-01-04, 02:18
Originally posted by Arek
this PA suckZ!

its ugly :o
and take me CON! :rolleyes: it only takes about 10 health and doesnt effect your resists, its not all that bad, ive started wearing it again:eek:

Whitestuff
27-01-04, 02:47
Thx

@Ezza- How bout that duel?

ezza
27-01-04, 02:50
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
Thx

@Ezza- How bout that duel? im game any time but now, the games been terrible all night for me with the stupid ping in the 1000s and being 1am lol i need to get to bed soon.

if your on tomorrow, ill duel you, proberbly better in neofrag, or where ever, but PP is normally loaded full of hostiles to me, so not the best place for a nice duel.

Valkyrie
27-01-04, 02:51
Thanks but ill continue to wear pa2 which i can use without a speed hit.

Looks sweet though :)

ezza
27-01-04, 02:54
well, i was testing with mysetup with PA on and without PA(i use PA3 atm) and i actually didnt see anything that would make me belive it slows me down on my setup.

over a 10 second distance, in both instances i covered the same distance, if there is a diffrence id say its so slight.

only prob i have is i have to drug up to stick PA3 on as my str is 112, 1 off cap.

Arek
27-01-04, 02:54
Originally posted by ezza
it only takes about 10 health and doesnt effect your resists, its not all that bad, ive started wearing it again:eek: hm... after the new patch?
one patch ago the PA gaves low +energy resist and -6 CON.

ezza
27-01-04, 03:00
Originally posted by Arek
hm... after the new patch?
one patch ago the PA gaves low +energy resist and -6 CON. lower energy resist than what?

duranium4:

pierce: 31
force:30
energy:28

PA3:
pierce:44
force:44
energy:40

thats as of a patch or 2 ago,and i belive it is getting raise more now

yes it gives -6 cons but that = about 10 points of health and the negative cons doesnt effect your resists

Xizor
27-01-04, 14:48
But it takes away ath.
Basically you could say:
With PA I gain +22 energy and lose -25ath(?) + -10hlt (compared to Dur4)
If you compare the tank PA to for instance the PE PA the PE PA is enourmously overpowered. Gives dex which is needed for higher weapons, gives pistol/rifel which is needed to cap weapons, and it have relatively no negative stuff.
IMO the tank PA needs a buff.

I also have a strange feeling that the hitbox for tanks with PA is bigger than without, haven't tested it tho.

ezza
27-01-04, 14:50
the hit box isnt bigger its been proven, people used to think that but it aint.

and i checked as i said i tested over a 10 second period both with Pa3 on and off and i covered the same distance

Cruzbroker
27-01-04, 14:50
Heheeh you should see how CA PA makes hitbox bigger, it like doubles...

ezza
27-01-04, 14:51
it doesnt make the recticle target area bigger though

Arek
27-01-04, 15:03
Originally posted by ezza

yes it gives -6 cons but that = about 10 points of health and the negative cons doesnt effect your resists ah ok! but speed! :rolleyes:

ezza
27-01-04, 15:35
like i said on my personal setup i have no speed lose, and my resists are very good

J. Folsom
27-01-04, 18:23
Originally posted by sw1tch
pretty useless if you dont have the .act file, i think someone hosted it, i'll go have a peek around. I got quoted, I got quoted! Whoo.

Gimme a minute though, I think I saw someone host it somewhere recently...

EDIT: Here (http://www.scifi.pages.at/bitburger/pak_mesh_tankarmor.act) it is, hosting courtesy of Bitburger. And it's already been renamed, so all you have to do is shove it into the proper folder.

Eledhbrant
27-01-04, 18:36
tbh I'd probably consider using the PA if it wasnt SO BLOODY HEAVY.

Seriously, if I dont wear it I can carry so much more ammo/guns which are needed for OP fights.

ezza
27-01-04, 18:45
i can normally just about carry what i need, just dont ask me to carry the turrets