PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: A Droner's Castle

Mingerroo
27-01-04, 00:53
Basic idea here people. An Armour that completely negates agility, athletics and overburdens you, but in return gives very decent resists as well as improving droning to a large extent.

Then you would grab it a gogo, be unable to move, and have clan members drive you to the necessary location and drop you off.

Risks + Bonuses = Balance!

Steve

Cyphor
27-01-04, 03:30
Good idea apart from the weight issues, i dont think it should take you down straight from the gogo, mabey -100 ath - 100 agl, that way when you get the red-flash that your getting hit you drop drone stealth and have to take your armour off to run. You'd still take plenty of dmg but would stand a small chance of surviving. I still prefer the helmet that takes you out of local though :p

bounty
27-01-04, 04:09
Originally posted by Mingerroo
Then you would grab it a gogo, be unable to move, and have clan members drive you to the necessary location and drop you off.

lol that caught me as funny since you are basically a clan gimp, but i love the idea.

I would like it though so that upon you putting it ON, it give you -500 transport, but uber resists, that way if your body is found, you can at least stand a chance to drive off the attacker.

Mingerroo
27-01-04, 11:43
Originally posted by bounty
lol that caught me as funny since you are basically a clan gimp, but i love the idea.

I would like it though so that upon you putting it ON, it give you -500 transport, but uber resists, that way if your body is found, you can at least stand a chance to drive off the attacker.

Excellent, I definitely like that idea.

5 stars to this thread! :p

But I would really like to see this in-game, it's a quirky feature that makes it all the more worthwhile to drone.

Mingoo

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 11:46
are you stupid ?

-500 trans you'd drop all your drones ....

Comie
27-01-04, 12:18
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
are you stupid ?

not if yu've already got them on yu B4 yu put the armor on

but instead of -500 transport maybe - 200 ath/agil does the same job then

oh and if i could give yu 10 stars i would

sadly its only 5 stars

+1 platinum

bounty
27-01-04, 12:44
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
are you stupid ?

a)no you wouldn't
b)point was you shoudlnt be able to move with it on at all
c)you aren't just a troll, but a dumb(or if you like stupid, that works too) troll.

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 12:55
cry me a river ... 'real' droners carry more than 10 drones (quickbelt) .. plus spells and such ... so you would drop something, fact.

Mingerroo
27-01-04, 16:16
OK. Then just hard code it so that wearing the armour means you can't move. You clearly missed the point Psycho, at least supply an alternative to "are you stupid?", please keep off my thread if you have nothing constructive to say.

As for the armour... I'd love to have it. Definitely a worthwhile addition and makes for a quirky alternative to the droning we have now.

Mingoo

ezza
27-01-04, 16:23
dont like this, droners bodys are just meat sacks for my tank to blow away while they are off droning somewhere else in the zone:D :angel:

Mingerroo
27-01-04, 16:42
Originally posted by ezza
dont like this, droners bodys are just meat sacks for my tank to blow away while they are off droning somewhere else in the zone:D :angel:

lol, you'd still be able to do this... Only it would be like attacking a stationary tank, giving droners the chance to float around blasting you.

Even if it was a fairly ordinary armoursuit, just with features like "warning, damage taken" so you come out of droning. Or gives you many different advancements for droning like exact range from body, body direction, motion scanners, etc.

Steve

Strych9
27-01-04, 17:00
Originally posted by Mingerroo
Even if it was a fairly ordinary armoursuit, just with features like "warning, damage taken" so you come out of droning. Or gives you many different advancements for droning like exact range from body, body direction, motion scanners, etc.WIN WIN WIN WIN

That would be exactly what is needed. No protection AT ALL... just features like that. My droner is at 70 natural Dex or so... and he has 71 hit points I think. Only wears a belt and shelter armor. Just enough to get to where he is going. :)

Ivory
28-01-04, 03:18
and you can always chk the other droner idea by following this link....(pls click me :P) (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=88187)

Ransom
28-01-04, 05:19
Interesting Idea...

I was thinking of a droning defence option earlier. Totally different concept though, more like the armour warning. Instead of a warning like YOU ARE BEING SHOT!! An implant, probably chest implant would automatically cut control of your current drone, and activate a 'point defence' drone, some thing that worked more or less like a raygun pistol (short range, single target) and had a tenth of the range of a standard drone. This would give the droner a chance to defend themselves, something that would take the sting out of being ganked. The implant would be a one time use item, so to make it valuable. Of course the chances are you will still die as the opponent would have got the drop on you, but hey, why not have the option for a kami drone?

Ransom