PDA

View Full Version : Skill manager... is it still somewhat accurate?

WebShock
26-01-04, 23:25
With the upcoming changes and the many nerfs and boosts in he past months, its safe to assume that some of the stats which the skill manager is based on are obsolete. I see that its based on neocron.ems.ru. A site that hasnt been updated in about what, a year?

Can we still consider things like weapon stats and con percentages correct on the skill manager? there have been some instances where the manager is wrong.

Also I notice that there may be an updated version out there. What is the official home of this skill manager? I see it hosted in serveral diffrent places in appears to be diffrent versions.

Strych9
26-01-04, 23:27
Just a note, the most up to date Skillmanager uses text files for its data. If you take a look at them, you can easily edit them as needed.

On mine, I have already added the new NCPD stats and the Dur boots... just with the TS values. If they change for retail, I will make the changes again.

Dribble Joy
26-01-04, 23:30
Latest version isn't too bad.
Assuming ems.ru is correct with it's resist calculation methods. It seems to be in track.
That said, there are a few glitches.
The hp calculations are a bit off at cirtain points. 102 htl is actually 402 hp, not 396 (or whatever).
While tinkering with resists, I noticed that 125 total armour gives 9.44% dmg taken, while 124 and 126 give 9.73 and 9.64 respectivly.
Also, it doesn't show whether you can use an item or not.

L0KI
26-01-04, 23:43
Ive tested it extensively. I wouldnt even THINK about using it for resists.

Thats just me... but i think my resists are fine ;)

WebShock
27-01-04, 00:11
Thanks L0ki...
thats exactly what i was getting at. the only real use i would have for that skill manager would be to come up with a decent resist setup. I think I know enough about the implants and armor to know what works best for me

Dribble Joy
27-01-04, 00:13
As with all things of it's type it is merely a TOOL. How you use it and knowing what it can do is vital.

WebShock
27-01-04, 00:21
where can i find the latest version?

im sure if i play with the numbers i can make it more effective

DJ, being the master of the obvious as usual...

Dissenter
27-01-04, 00:56
The only thing noticed with it.

When you add the psi spells to calculate over your resists, it is inaccurate.

If a pe, add the spells blessed deflector and shelter, it assumes that they are capped, which, of course, any pe cannot do.

Punisher-X
27-01-04, 01:10
Hehe i told you that Diss :D
Overall, if u want to use the manager to make a full 100% final setup, don't.
It's ok for making a round-about setup tho.
As im sure some others will say, best thing to do is test ingame. My PE has probably had 1000+ LOMs in CON, DEX and PSI alone.

Glok
27-01-04, 01:40
If you already know how to assign resists, then you can use the skillmanager to work out how to spend your points. Mainly, it is only useful to assign skillpoints, not to determine what those skillpoints will actually do.

edit: For example, I've laid out a constructing, poking, hybrid monk with the skillmanager, but, I have no idea if I have enough in psi use to runcast HL without actually testing it. And I only have a vague idea about whether the resists are good enough, since I've only ever played a PE since beta. I'm gonna have to roll the monk and TEST.

edit2: Oh shit, I'm over 2000 posts... when the fuck did that happen?

CarniFlex
27-01-04, 01:42
ill help you with your resists when you get settled in whereever you are webshock :)

jernau
27-01-04, 01:47
Bear in mind it's based of ems.ru which is in turn based off Rustot's "analysis" of the original off-line demo which was out before retail was released.

Glok
27-01-04, 01:48
Originally posted by jernau
Bear in mind it's based of ems.ru which is in turn based off Rustot's "analysis" of the original off-line demo which was out before retail was released. No, he decompiled the retail client, and did it again after various patches. I don't know why KK was ok with that... maybe they weren't and that's why he has disappeared. ;)

jernau
27-01-04, 01:56
Originally posted by Glok
No, he decompiled the retail client, and did it again after various patches. I don't know why KK was ok with that... maybe they weren't and that's why he has disappeared. ;)

That's not what he told me or another clannie who asked him. Maybe he thought I was KK in disguise or something.

WebShock
27-01-04, 12:34
w0ot thx carni. my tank still needs loads of love. He is still running around with a con set-up from last years tank-o-cron days. You just cant compete with today's neocron with that setup. back in the day where everyone had a xray weapon and the few that knew the deadliness of fire were the ones who always won pvp. We're talkin.. febuary 03?

I just need something that puts just close enough to where i want to be as my tank is full capped and I dont want to take any unecessary LOM's and loose a CON level.

can anyone post the link to the latest skill manager or the website that usually has the latest version?