PDA

View Full Version : Make Vehicles have a more use then barricades?

Duder
26-01-04, 21:34
Hmm how about making vehicles more vital to op fighting and general moving about in the wastelands?

Have all vehicle weapons able to bypass shelter and deflector, and boost damage on the said vehicle weapons, especially the combat trikes and combat hovertecs.

Also give all vehicles cannons instant aim, just like apus.

Additionally give vehicles more beefy armor or make vehicle weapons less potent against other said vehicles.
Give the rhino an AoE cannon.

When gliders arrive... Give the jeep, apc and rhino the ability to have an additional gunner that fires anti-air rockets against gliders...

GenTanks are suddenly great now in op wars, as their ability to withstand bullets and other fun sharp or hot things for long time without shelters, plus they can use anti-vehicle rockets launchers to knock down vehicles.....
While vehicles can take down all infantry and some vehicles, the hurting of vehicles depends how larger they are, a rhino can blow most things while a combat hovertec is probably only good for chasing fleeing ppu monks or harrassing a group that thinks running in a pack is smart, you get the idea.

Plus APCs would be useful now, as when trying to assault an op, instead of trying to run inside and get shot by rhinos and jeeps, just send an apc full of monks to the entrance without heavy losses...

Also when Gliders arrive, i want to see glider's weapons boosted alot, and the bomber to kill anyone with its bomb in one hit. the thought of bombing a cluster of monks...i mean troops, sounds like fun...

People would be using vehicles for more then recreational activities like driving to the beach or just the thrill of driving about, instead with these changes people would be using vehicles to escape from i dunno, pkers, raiders on combat trikes, hovertecs and jeeps?

And slottable vehicles would be nice aswell...ability to build slotted vehicles with mods such as speed upgrades, armor upgrades, RoF & dmg upgrades, bigger clip size or higher capacity fuel cells, weapon mods such as ability to modify the combat hovertec f.ex. to shoot xray plasma instead of bullets..

Well this has probably been said alot in the past, just trying to see if people are still interested in seeing vehicles have a higher role in opwars and shooting and chasing people around with a combat hovertec, or hunting warbots with a big ass rhino.

Well DISCUSS PLZ KTHX

sw1tch
26-01-04, 21:40
also improve the combat wheeler v2 so it is pvp worthy as it is fun to use, mobile grenade launcher, and make aim 360 degrees as it only goes roughly forwards and not where u am

necrocon
26-01-04, 21:42
Duder you rock :-p

CLUSTER BOMB.................

uhmm there not good road blocks I think with APUs and Anti Vehicle stuff

they need more offensive str

INSTA LOCK mmmmmmmmmmm

VetteroX
26-01-04, 21:43
vechicles got their boost. rhino hurts like hell when it hits, and can take enormous damage from players.

What is needed is to chance the types od damage vehicles can withstand... 3 apus shooting my pking rhino doesnt do much, but 1 guard shreds it in seconds. wbs also do more damage then a capped apu to a rhino. mob damage vs vechils most be reduced, pvp its ok.

faster aiming i can agree ith, but not instant.

nonamebrandeggs
26-01-04, 21:49
I would like to some vehicles that can be gunned but require only dex/int/veh use. This bullshit of spies not being able to gun combat hovertechs etc... without drugging is utter bullshit, why should PEs get exclusive rights to driving these vehicles? The thinking people in KK are obvoiusly out of idea for spies, so why not use some of the great stuff you have already made?

And make gunning trikes easier :).

Archeus
26-01-04, 21:49
They already have more uses then barricades (actually they make crap barricades as people can just walk through them).

I would certainly like to see mods for them though.

necrocon
26-01-04, 21:52
Hrmm not had an APU hit my rhino in a long time my 4x4 was shreded by them last night as have 2 of my combat hover techs faster than a guard Both hovers were destroyed in seconds by the single APU the 4x4 I am not sure I was wearing fire armor so I was toast lol

mobs wreck them fast as hell though DOY replicants the 120/120 did like 10% per hit I think on the rhino maybe he had a helper I didnt see though it was sick regardless

Vehicles getting owned by foot soldiers is sick even if its a rank 120/120 mob
hovers dont do that much damage and there rank 120/120

hows that work anyway?

I know a Gen Tank with a CS doenst hurt a rhino to much

the Anti Vehicle RL though I hear takes them in two hits I hope this is a a joke though

Clive tombstone
26-01-04, 22:01
Ok, number one, I use vehicles all the time for recreation/transport/hunting and I agree, the damage done to vehicles by Mobs is REALLY dumb, I mean, come on. two I used my assault trikes in a "mock" OP battle, and they are VERY effective, its just vehicles like the jeep/apc, need a little more combat effectiveness.

When the Gliders come out, that will make me REALLY happy, i just hope that PE's can use them all. And one more thing, for spy's complaining about the vehicle stats, quit bitching (no offence :D ) KK said they would "fix" that next patch, and anouther thing, dont you guys already have drones? thats like a mini Glider right there lol

sides that, like my C-hovertech, instant aiming would be a little overkill due to the rate of fire, but then again, it doesnt take an idiot to hit a vehicle with an APU spell now does it?

Lathuc
26-01-04, 22:05
well the test server gliders are cool but are made out of paper if you land them incorrectly or hit an invisible wall (grrr :mad: ) and the advance assault is unflyable because you cant controll where you are going (steering wont work) but i hope they fix it before they com to retail since they are really expencive to make (ts anyway they are)

oh and on a side note you hafta be a spy to use gliders since the scout reqs are int 77 and vhc 88 and that is low for them

P.S. all info from test server

Duder
26-01-04, 22:08
PEs can only use the scout gliders, the rest is up to spies, and spies can use most vehicle guns except the jeep i think, but not the rhino, you just have to use str imps.

Also the gliders were tested on the test server some months ago, the gliders stats might be outdated or something.

I found the bombers unsteerable, the advanced assult gliders worked just fine unless your gun got stuck in the ground and you couldnt lift.... Plus yes, invisible trees and walls sucked, i cried when i crashed the 5th time in the swamps...

Also if vehicles dont do wicked damage or cause people to run away for their imps, "most" people wont bother with vehicles...

Also Anti-Vehicle rockets hurt vehicles alot, a few shots against a jeep is enough to blow it up.

Clive tombstone
26-01-04, 22:17
Yes its very true, I heard though, even with the Gliders though, that new skill caps will be implimented, so im guessing maybe a PE's int cap will be raised or somthing, anywho, Im Pretty sure that KK will do a good job with the gliders, and DOY as well, I have good faith in them as game makers, I mean look at al of us, if they were not good at what they do, then would we all be here chatting about the vehicles? :D

I cant wait for my Hover Carrier, then Clives taxi servis will reach new Heights!

Cytaur
26-01-04, 22:34
*cough* http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1182770#post1182770 *cough*

Lathuc
26-01-04, 23:30
well the gliders on ts are like only for spys so hehe and i have never gotten the advanced assault off the ground since i couldnt steer up donw or to the sides but ill try that