PDA

View Full Version : New forum for "Keep it Ingame"

Psycho_Soldier
26-01-04, 20:09
I suggest for KK to put up a new part of the forum for stuff that is usually locked for "Keep it ingame" related things. For example: http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88659

Ingame forums suck. So most people don't use them. So until the ingame forums are fixed and more people use them make a new part of the forum for things that are locked for keep it ingame.

Another suggestion is to make ingame browser locked to a specific domain for ingame forums. I believe this may be possible, I have seen similar things done in other games.

Alot of things that should be discussed ingame are hard to because people usually aren't online or whatever. The point is, it is much better at the moment to discuss things on forums like these than ingame. Alot of the stuff isn't roleplay either, so it isn't a good idea to just stick it in the roleplaying forum.

Tratos
26-01-04, 20:11
i agree with this, how about a section called

In-Game Politics (English)

And

In-Game Politics (German)

i think these two would be a very nice addition to the forum but with a strict set of rules for clan bashings and such, but these matters should still be albe to be disscussed out of game.

~T

BramTops
26-01-04, 20:12
uhm... like this? (http://neocron2.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?forumid=58)

QuantumDelta
26-01-04, 20:14
Originally posted by BramTops
uhm... like this? (http://neocron2.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?forumid=58)
Nah because people get shouted at for being OOC, even though OOC is IC because NO ONE ever RPs PERIOD EVER.
Unless they're actual RPers but most of them end up being GM Involved more than anything else x_x

darkservent
26-01-04, 20:15
ok question why dont the mods instead of lockin em move them then. I think the community forum is the most looked at anyways too...

Cyphor
26-01-04, 20:22
The problem is alot of people cant discuss these topic rationally and these topics draw attention to specific clans and people which leads to flames and trolling. They often cause more trouble than their worth for the mods much like political threads, which is why they arent allowed. Another forum doesnt fix this problem it just moves it to another place.

Psycho_Soldier
26-01-04, 20:27
Originally posted by Cyphor
The problem is alot of people cant discuss these topic rationally and these topics draw attention to specific clans and people which leads to flames and trolling. They often cause more trouble than their worth for the mods much like political threads, which is why they arent allowed. Another forum doesnt fix this problem it just moves it to another place.

But saying keep it ingame just moves it to another place does it not? At least discussing it on the forum might cut out alot of the bullshit and confusion that goes on ingame because there isn't enough discussion on certain matters. Maybe it should be unmoderated or slightly moderated like ingame chat. Just moderated to cut out the chatting about serious things like exploiting or spamming threads or whatever.

QuantumDelta
26-01-04, 20:27
Originally posted by Cyphor
I've been trying to avoid most of those, but yes, you are 100% correct :p

retr0n
26-01-04, 20:28
Why not just make a post with no rules so people can freely go
and bash eachother?

Well almost no rules, still no real life politcs stuff / racist stuff etc etc

//Radium

Cyphor
26-01-04, 20:34
Originally posted by retr0n
Why not just make a post with no rules so people can freely go
and bash eachother?

Well almost no rules, still no real life politcs stuff / racist stuff etc etc

//Radium

Beacuse you cant draw attention to people who dont want it. Not every clan/player is going to want to argue on these forums where they will get constantly flamed, therefore your simply opening a place where people can have their names dragged through the mud and do nothing about it. Also the thread or area will degrade very quickly to the point where nothing usefull will come out of it except for a bad name for kk for hosting it and lots of angry customers.

MjukisDjur
26-01-04, 20:54
it will work for exactly 20 minutes then it will be like P1 after an op war... You simply cannot moderate something like that.

Gungnir
26-01-04, 20:55
--
There is a problem with such a forum as the one you described.
Discussion topics such as clans, players actions and server
politics for the most part results in bashing, flames; flying egos
and the like. We've all seen in and at one part or an other took
part in it.

Neocron, dispit what may appear, IS meant to be a role-play
game. I don't think [in my honest opinion] KK would endorse
anything that makes it easier for a player to ignore the aspect of
RP, like providing a forum so players can 'discuss' [then merge
into a rant battle] about server politics. Nor will KK endorse any
port that'll allow other players/clans to be mudslinged. And then
expect them to put their tail between their legs and not reply with
a hostile/angry/flaming/trolling rebuttal.

You can utilize the RP forums in most major cases. That's
about as far as I foresee it'll go from now.

Though, these is all my opinion and judgment. I'll display this
thread under Nids nose though and request he replies with his
thought on the situation. Only his hammer can mend this enforced
steel.
--
Gungnir

Gotterdammerung
26-01-04, 20:57
The forums are a direct link with Neocron & Reakktor and as such need to remain as professional as possible but still allow players the lattitude to express themselves. Most of the "keep it in-game" threads are the "OMFG I just pwn3d (-------) at McPherson Can you believe those noobs ?? Oh, and BTW, (----) loves the weenie"

Now everyone is afforded the same protection by the reakktor forum rules & guidelines. To allow threads that bring unwanted attention to another runner or clan goes against those rules and would give the appearance that KK might condone slanderous talk. The game and within it is a whole different world, you can say as you please there and if you want to boast about an ops fight thats what OOC is for but the forums are a whole different world. Here it is Real Life.
Say your dad's job was smacking people in the face all day, when he got home you'd hope he'd leave his job & it's stress at the workplace and not bring it home to bounce you around the house with. The same goes for keeping in-game things in-game.

As for the RP forums and someones statement that no one RP's, well, this is an MMORPG and I do know there are plenty of people who do RP in NC, if you do not it's your personal choice but either in the RP or the community forums you can still express yourself well. As long as you don't name names, are a little intelligent & inventive, and keep flames at bay you can really express alot.

Tratos
26-01-04, 21:03
Thanks guys, atleast you just didnt give us a

NO, :)

~T

ezza
26-01-04, 21:08
there was 2 separate threads asking for similar things and in both cases, the thread got serious pwnage by the nidorater(creating new names:D )