PDA

View Full Version : Xiii

Jest
26-01-04, 19:58
Ok this is seriously one of the best games I have ever played in my life. (Link here (http://www.xiii-thegame.com/uk/home.php)). I am simply blown away at how incredible it is.

It's a 1st person shooter done in that in that Jet Set Radio animation style. I was a little relunctant in buying it since I didnt think that animation would be that great for a shooter, but I am glad I did.

The game is non stop action. Its like a constant rush, even the incredible amount of plot is done fast (and its not hard to follow). It has an obvious comic book feel to it that doesnt take away from the game at all.

Anyway just wanted to start a thread on it, any one else enjoy it as much? I havent beat it yet but I gotta say if you consider yourself a first person shooter fan at all then you need to buy the game. ;)

Ulle
26-01-04, 20:18
Yeah, I played and finished XIII about a month ago, really is an enjoyable game although it is a confuzing ending......I await a XIII 2 :p

Clownst0pper
26-01-04, 20:20
The game is nothing short of stunning.

The AI is terrible.

And the aiming system is laughable, you dont actually have to aim at the enemies, your crosshair just has to be in there vacinty for it to hit them.

Another addition to make the cramped pads of a console appeal to the player/s

But it looks shit hot. But its also pretty mindless.

Role on Theif 3 :p

SeXy Happy
26-01-04, 20:20
Haven't played it yet, but I heard that there is a good amount of UK players on it on Xbox Live. Has a pretty big following. I would like to try it out at some time.

Lethys
26-01-04, 20:25
I play it on Xbox Live, (gamertag is Kupo btw) but tbh Rainbow Six and Project Gotham 2 are better, especially as XIII doesn't even support downloadable content :(

I bought the game on launch day and thought it was great, though the story is a bit too similar to the Bourne Identity

Mumblyfish
26-01-04, 20:25
At first the game won me over with it's graphical style (I love cel-shading, better than OMG BUMP-MAPPED WTF NOONE CARES shit), and although it wasn't on par with Wind Waker and Viewtiful Joe in terms of sheer style, it was colourful and vibrant. Certainly a change to Every Other Stale WWII FPS Ever (Please let the genre die, now)™.

However, towards the end the game descended into "we've ran out of ideas" territory. The last level was a constant stream of disappointment, and certainly not the epic "final battle" feeling I've came to REQUIRE from every game after sitting in a darkened room and playing the whole Zelda series in a week.

Oh, and multiplayer is pretty boring. But since it's so dependant on the platform (PC/console) I'll leave it out. In summary, I'm picky, single player starts off great, and multiplayer blows chunks.

Wowza.

SeXy Happy
26-01-04, 20:32
Originally posted by Lethys
I play it on Xbox Live, (gamertag is Kupo btw) but tbh Rainbow Six and Project Gotham 2 are better, especially as XIII doesn't even support downloadable content :(

I bought the game on launch day and thought it was great, though the story is a bit too similar to the Bourne Identity

Mine Is SeXy Happy (don't know if that exact though), but I play alot of CS, Have RS3 though. Good stuff. WIll plug in your GT.

nonamebrandeggs
26-01-04, 21:44
I can't beat the part on the submarine where you gotta sneak around =\.

But yeah, great game :D.

Omnituens
27-01-04, 00:06
personally, i dont like cel-shading because most of the time it looks totally crap, but this is has got it right.

im going to get a copy soon™