PDA

View Full Version : Tank Kamikazi - Made Viable

___T-X____
26-01-04, 19:36
Well, a while ago I wanted to make a Kamikazi tank, but the climate wasnt right for it. It was all PvP with CS, so I decided not to bother. Well with the introduction of Devourers, I thought I'd try to make a Kamikazi Tank, so I did....

This is the set-up that im currently using for kami.

I am very impressed with the outcome, I only wanted to be able to hit hard with the 255 Heavy Combat against the Devourer Tanks (every tank =p). And as it turns out, I can happily PvP duel any CS tank comfortably with this setup taking less damage than my previous 'a-typical' tank non-kami setup.

Nitty-gritty: CS based attacking

Pro's:
i)CS is Automatic
i)Run like the wind Forest in PA3
i)The Aiming Recticle is closed as soon as you target someone close range.
i)the Aiming 'lock' is difficult to lose
i)Combat rank sits at 60/**
i)Same dmg taken from Holy Lightning as before

Cons:
i)watch-out for Pain-easers & Libby's ( but who wants to fight PE's when all they do is stealth when they are losing ?!?)
i)nothing

I think the skill manager might be slightly wrong because the devourer isnt a huge problem (fire/posion dmg). Althought the skill manager is normally right 95% time, thx to Smoker for a great piece of software ^^

Buffs : Deflector, spy, resist & HC1 - all self cast Tank buffs.
points to note. 255 is the full cap of any skill, in the picture I am self buffed to reach 255 ^^

I have changed the setup slightly to 254 HC with 5 points in melee and a Bat Queen arm to give me use of the Rare Thunderbolt Melee Freezer ( if you buff yourself melee instead of HC1 you can use the Devils Grace-wheres the DG posion mod ?:) )

Another point to mention, since dmg is % based and not health based, dont worry about that. 2 full bursts (8 balls) on a 560HP PA3/Dur4 tank took him to 1/2 HP, he did the same on me and I was on 1/2 HP...

Its a rough setup and needs work, I'd like to try with 2 CS, ie Xheated & Xray with no switching time between weopons.

Anyway, like all setup's it can be polished, forgive me if i have put a point in the wrong place perhaps, i had a few problems installing a couple of programs in between taking the screenshot and had to use the skills manager a few times after rebooting ^^

NB) Though tanks looking to gank me with Gats, im hunting MC5 without the kazi in so think twice =phttp://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/14619/Screen3.jpg

Psyco Groupie
26-01-04, 19:42
is that with deflector on ?

prc will rip you up something stupid, no .. worse

retr0n
26-01-04, 19:45
Pretty low health for a tank... :/

//Radium

Kal
26-01-04, 20:03
my Private eye and anybody elses with any sence has more in every resist including poison and 100 more hp, thats BEFORE shelter is taken into consideration.

and in terms of the piercing :eek:
i could kill you on my noob rifle PE lol

nice try on the setup tho, its a lot better than i thought you could get with a kami, i have a few ideas tho...

get resist force to 114, theres easily enough points and it would help against piercing
-you should take a little transport to carry enough ammo
-with that much H-C you dont need that much weplore, my tank has 80 after imps and 0nly 200 hc and CS aims pretty damn good at that, you would have enough left over points to runcast heal or hack WBs depending if you like pvp or hunting
-more hp, 400 hp should be the absolute minimum for a tank

darkservent
26-01-04, 20:12
nice setup have to say just the resists can be under alot of surveillance when it comes to tanks.

Psycho_Soldier
26-01-04, 20:12
ATL is way too high with the amount of agility you have.

Kal
26-01-04, 20:39
heres my go at a kami tank setup
http://mars.walagata.com/w/oscarsouth/3728832.JPG
hmm, speaking of which, anyone wanna sell me a tank kami :p

Dribble Joy
26-01-04, 20:44
Summat wrong with your manager Kal, 112 htl is about 440 hp, not 490. Need about 134+ to reach 500 hp.

Kal
26-01-04, 20:47
your used to doing PE setups dribble:p

cons affects HP and a tank has a lot more than a PE, although i do know hp is inaccurate on skillmanager, i normally use ingame testing to work it out and ignore the value on skillmanager

EDIT: just checked ingame and my H-C tank had 499 hp with 113 bodyhealth and 87 cons so it should be MORE than that

L0KI
26-01-04, 20:52
Originally posted by Kal
your used to doing PE setups dribble:p

cons affects HP and a tank has a lot more than a PE, although i do know hp is inaccurate on skillmanager, i normally use ingame testing to work it out and ignore the value on skillmanager

EDIT: just checked ingame and my H-C tank had 499 hp with 113 bodyhealth and 87 cons so it should be MORE than that

too true. Cons is a big factor

The only way i would go kami tank...is melee + HC hybrid

My tank caps Freq on CS with herc anyway, so i dont really see a need for Kami otherwise o_O

Dribble Joy
26-01-04, 20:53
I r teh dumb.

but even kal's kami tank would be shredded by a RE/libby/tsg in seconds.

Kal
26-01-04, 20:55
meh, thats the best your gonna get from a kami tank if you dont wanna spec poison (which i advise you do)

edit: hmm just realised duranium boots are coming out, those will give some more piercing, not a lot but it'll help

QuantumDelta
26-01-04, 21:21
Nice setup Kal, close to my version actually...though I only ever did one tank kami o_O

Not seeing single digit resist percentages put me off kamis.

___T-X____
26-01-04, 21:28
Thanks for the feedback peeps.

OK theres a few points that i need to get across that I didnt do in my original post.

Damage is Percentage Based - HP is not very important in PvP, ask Kid Brainic the killa spy on uranus, and I bet Divide doesnt have high HP either.

Monks dont do piercing
Spies dont do piercing (most use FL / RoG)
Tanks - All that have Dev, use it/ Failing that CS. I have never seen any recognised tank use a Speed Gun in a fight.
Pe's - The only class that presents a problem. I would say most use the RoHL as pistol because the damage and RoF is really good. And RoG because once the aim lock you dont really need to be facing the enemy.

Now, what alot of people in this thread is doing is grabbing the skill manager, spending a few minutes trying to get a couple of % here and there on resists. Ive not used the skill manager as a 'setup'...ive actually lomed to the posted 'setup' and used it. Im not saying that the setup your posting isnt better, it might be, i'd rather you LOM to that setup and use it and give valuable 1st person feedback.

There is an increasing number of threads where people are posting untried skillmanager 'setups' because they had a few spare minutes to knock something up.

@Loki -I have thought about about a hybrid setup it would be very interesting to do. Btw, as u prob know HC armour gives no -Melee ^^

O yea, and once Holy Deflector buffed your uber.

QuantumDelta
26-01-04, 21:34
damage is NOT % based on HP.
The only thing that counts in terms of HP % is the fact that you cannot 1 hit kill for this reason holy lightning will take 2-3 hits to kill someone with 0 ENR, typically.

Other than that resists are the only thing that can bring down your damage number.

We checked this a long long time ago...

Uh.....
Also, With that setup I'd be worried about Holy Lightning.

El Barto
26-01-04, 21:37
I am planning on trying to test out a kami soon, I have worked out a very ncie set up, differenct to yours. Main prob is the kami its self =/ and the LoMing, I h8 LoMing =(

Dribble Joy
26-01-04, 21:37
Whether hp affects dmg taken is irrelevant, it about the balance of hp to resist level to damage out put, and that balance is WAY off here.

Jesterthegreat
26-01-04, 22:22
Originally posted by retr0n
Pretty low health for a tank... :/

//Radium

lower than my spy infact...

MindMaze
27-01-04, 04:59
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
damage is NOT % based on HP.
The only thing that counts in terms of HP % is the fact that you cannot 1 hit kill for this reason holy lightning will take 2-3 hits to kill someone with 0 ENR, typically.

Other than that resists are the only thing that can bring down your damage number.

We checked this a long long time ago...

Uh.....
Also, With that setup I'd be worried about Holy Lightning.

haha, so true. People who think that lowering your health really lowers your damage are stupid. I take X dmg from full burst of any cs with 560 hlt, and I take X-2 dmg with 500... Yeah, very helpful.

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 11:44
kid brainiac the killer spy ? ROFL

greendonkeyuk
27-01-04, 14:24
if you want to test it with xray/fire cs then give me a call, im back in uk now bud as you prolly know.

anyone know how you ignore people on the forums as psycho groupies posting is jus gettin worse and worse now. :lol:

ezza
27-01-04, 14:34
theres a capped tank on saturn i know of who has less that 400 health and he aint a bad tank by a long shot

Cruzbroker
27-01-04, 14:47
Do you cap rof on moon or doomie? :p Or is it so slow that it's caps anyway..

ezza
27-01-04, 14:53
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Do you cap rof on moon or doomie? :p Or is it so slow that it's caps anyway.. not sure if you can cap ROF on them, proberbly not doomy with it being TL115 i know damage is capable on all but aiming aint on them

Cruzbroker
27-01-04, 14:55
Yeah, I meant like resurrection, it stays 1/min no matter what... any noticeable difference i mean.

Sigma
27-01-04, 14:59
let me tell u 1 thing,

it is NOT worth the hassle.

u'll take with kami, holy shelter and capped nrg resist more dmg, as a tank w/o kami and capped nrg takes w/o shelter

i know it i tested it

ezza
27-01-04, 15:37
plus any tank that needs ppu buffs to work is stupid imo, or any other class that setup relys on ppu support

Tycho C
27-01-04, 15:57
I don't think I would trade the poison for health. Maybe to a certain extent, but not ever below 50. But then I'm a PE ...