PDA

View Full Version : Couple ideas

Dade Murphey
26-01-04, 16:06
First one (incorporated with apt sharing):
I was thinking that with some of the changes coming like no safe zones, restricted areas to certain factions and whatever else that it might be benificial if they setup a way for people to also share apt GR's. Either thru use of the buddy list (buddys would be able to activate buddy's GR's) but they would have to allowed to apt share already. Or possibly thru a list in the GR itself, but again you would already have to be allowed to apt share.

Second one:
For RP purposes it would be rather nice, I thought, if they put in a feature that sent out a faction alarm when a faction HQ was being attacked or any point, for that matter, that is important to the whole faction. This way faction players online would actually know when they need to come defend the HQ or whatever it is being attacked.

[TgR]KILLER
26-01-04, 16:47
1. i don't think using a buddy list for that would work @ all.. since my buddy list has about 30 ppl or more easy.. and half of them are in enemy factions / clans.. their still "friends" but if i see em i kill em.. and i don't want them GRing to my place lol..

as for 2. if u have a good faction there will be an alarm.. can't stay unnoticed in TH not @ busy server times @ least.. as we let the BD ppl know yesterday.. but mayby its because FA actualy tries to work together as a faction... and uses the faction chat..

Strych9
26-01-04, 16:56
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
1. i don't think using a buddy list for that would work @ all.. since my buddy list has about 30 ppl or more easy.. and half of them are in enemy factions / clans.. their still "friends" but if i see em i kill em.. and i don't want them GRing to my place lol..I was thinking a separate list JUST for apartment sharing.

But do you really have 30 people that you spam all at once anytime you use buddy chat??? :)
as for 2. if u have a good faction there will be an alarm.. can't stay unnoticed in TH not @ busy server times @ least.. as we let the BD ppl know yesterday.. but mayby its because FA actualy tries to work together as a faction... and uses the faction chat.. Well thats like saying that a well-run clan will know when their Op is under attack without the turret notifications....

I dont see the harm in having an alert of some sort when factional HQ comes under attack (for city clans that means after BDOY comes out of course).

Archeus
26-01-04, 17:00
yea FA Faction chat is pretty good at watching the HQ as it is.

You would routinly hear things like.

"Belt in TH SEC3 shops. Name ....."
".... spotted in TH SEC2, Faction ...."
"Hostiles in TH SEC3, names ..."
"HELP TH SEC2"

and so on.

Actually if one angel spots you in TH your pretty much guaranteed that all Angels know, and will continue to know your movements if they should. So if you wonder why sometimes you can't find people to PK is they have already left. At the same time if there are people on who will fight they will generally come.

[TgR]KILLER
26-01-04, 17:02
1. Nah i think i got way more then 30 in buddy.. i use buddy as tradechannel etc to :lol: :angel: because i used to say i got more ppl on buddy then that got trade open.. and i got the whole server on buddy anyway :p

But i don't spam trade that much.. i know so much ppl i don't have to look long for stuff i need.. got my all 120 stats HL within an hour when i started looking for one :)

2. Yea ok.. FA lives in TH so we pretty much notice very soon when we get attacked.. for the city clans who sit in P1/2 all day its something different.. i don't see TT hanging around VR2 all day :lol:

Dade Murphey
26-01-04, 23:43
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
1. i don't think using a buddy list for that would work @ all.. since my buddy list has about 30 ppl or more easy.. and half of them are in enemy factions / clans.. their still "friends" but if i see em i kill em.. and i don't want them GRing to my place lol..

Hehe...you'd have to let them in to tag your GR in the first place...I didn't mean that they'd automatically have your apt gr in their list :p

TH/MB/TG are kinda different than the city based clans...as they're your faction home...but from what I understand that'll be changing with DoY...Like city based people will never know if their HQ is being attacked unless they or some other poor bastard actually runs into the HQ by accident...haha