PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid setup, what do u think?

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 13:52
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/shodanjr_gr/hybrid1.txt

This is a hybrid setup that will work based on TS spell reqs. What do you all think about it? Its buffed with haz1 (should be usable since its TL40 and reqs dont change) and mc1. It will use blessed deflector and base shelter. So....what do you all think?

<edit>This setup is already buffed with blessed deflect/normal shetler.

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 14:02
Arg fuck, just realized i need 2 more mst to use NRG beam. Bummer.

SorkZmok
26-01-04, 14:05
Why not use blessed shelter? Its ppu 123, so you can easily use it. And even a bad dmg% is better than a good tl 25 shelter.
And what attack spell will you be using? Holy enr halo needs 120 apu, so normal enr halo i guess?
Also i think you dont need that much mst. Something around 65 is enough if i remember right.

/edit
NRG beam? That needs way more apu. Or did you just swap the apu/ppu in your skill manager? Cause then you cant use haz1. But NRG beam i think.

Psyco Groupie
26-01-04, 14:06
looks 'ok' ... monks are far from hard to setup :)

btw you on isdn with asus card *looks at systray* (whahahaha)

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 14:08
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Why not use blessed shelter? Its ppu 123, so you can easily use it. And even a bad dmg% is better than a good tl 25 shelter.
And what attack spell will you be using? Holy enr halo needs 120 apu, so normal enr halo i guess?
Also i think you dont need that much mst. Something around 65 is enough if i remember right.

I am aiming for energy beam. That needs 144 APU (new spell reqs on TS). There is no way to get both 144 APU and 123 PPU (or even 120 APU and 123 PPU to use blessed shelter and holy nrghalo). And accordin to neocron.ems.ru nrg beam needs 77 mst.

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 14:11
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
looks 'ok' ... monks are far from hard to setup :)

btw you on isdn with asus card *looks at systray* (whahahaha)

STOP MOCKING MEH!!!!!!!! :-p

Birkoff
Each to there own, your getting there i guess. jsut have to wait for the retail patch to be different to test and ur back to the drawin board.
Filter2??
holy spirit?

SorkZmok
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I am aiming for energy beam. That needs 144 APU (new spell reqs on TS). There is no way to get both 144 APU and 123 PPU (or even 120 APU and 123 PPU to use blessed shelter and holy nrghalo). And accordin to neocron.ems.ru nrg beam needs 77 mst.
You swapped apu and ppu in your skillmanager then. that confused me.
Also, i dont think a hybrid can get good dmg or even runcast on an NRG beam, imo go for holy enr halo.

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 14:13
Originally posted by SorkZmok
You swapped apu and ppu in your skillmanager then. that confused me.
Also, i dont think a hybrid can get good dmg or even runcast on an NRG beam, imo go for holy enr halo.

lmao opppss....

Still even with the 5% malus, energy beam "should" be mostly runcastable at 144 APU (remember that only the reqs change, the performance of a spell for a particular amount of APU remains the same).

L0KI
26-01-04, 14:14
Sort your resists out...
Why 50 energy when you get 170 ish energy from your current armour setup?

Maybe swap the belt for heavy fire....

lower fire AND energy, stick more in poison/X ray?

You have to DRUG to filter 2, which is a waste of time on a hybrid. Use a filter 1.

Birkoff
26-01-04, 14:19
Originally posted by L0KI
Sort your resists out...

You have to DRUG to filter 2, which is a waste of time on a hybrid. Use a filter 1.

Thas basically what i meant i just didn't spell it out :D

Theres a few big chnages I'd make :)

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 14:25
Originally posted by L0KI
Sort your resists out...

Thx for the comments, but remember this isnt ur usual hybrid that casts haz3. Its buffed with haz1, so i believe that drugging for fh2 would be usefull.

Im gona sort out the fire/energy issue l8er.

Still thanks for the commnets guys, keep em coming!!!!

Mr_Snow
26-01-04, 14:58
Em not sure about the new test server reqs but if you can use a blessed heal it should be okay with the belt energy resists changed but otherwise you will be kinda boned with only normal shelter and monk con, even then you will drop almost as fast a drugwhore spy unless you get some fast casting on the blessed heal.

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 15:02
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Em not sure about the new test server reqs but if you can use a blessed heal it should be okay with the belt energy resists changed but otherwise you will be kinda boned with only normal shelter and monk con, even then you will drop almost as fast a drugwhore spy unless you get some fast casting on the blessed heal.

No blessed heal is unsuable because its reqs will go up quite a bit with the TS patch. But, i mean, you get APU monk con, with a heal and shields. And APU armor. And at the same time you can use damage boost (which will cast insanly fast with 200+ psu) for increased damage with NRG beam. Heck id call this overpowering....

metalangel
26-01-04, 15:03
*writes all this down*

:D

Original monk
26-01-04, 15:07
if ya really want a filter2: use a move-on instead of a protochip:

the + str makes ya get yust enough for filter2 to put it in: the +18 HP on the move on gets ya some extra space to put in resists: this is very experimental tough :)

CarniFlex
26-01-04, 15:07
Take out 25 points from agility and put it into vehicle use. If youre using melee and spyboost youre compensating for that anyhow.

And why you wanna have a cookie cutter setup? the best monks aint always the most fun to play.

Ascension
26-01-04, 15:11
why not use moveon? you can use filter 2 without drugs and still gives you enough to minus the force nerf from the exp con3 and still have move life?

[TgR]KILLER
26-01-04, 15:11
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Heck id call this overpowering....

Mayby it needs a nerf then :lol:

Gonna keep my monkey pure APU for the time being.. or @ least till i get myself a DS :angel:

Ascension
26-01-04, 15:12
argh original beat me to it :)

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 16:09
Originally posted by Original monk
if ya really want a filter2: use a move-on instead of a protochip:

the + str makes ya get yust enough for filter2 to put it in: the +18 HP on the move on gets ya some extra space to put in resists: this is very experimental tough :)

hm.....very very tempting...;) Away from the usual cookiecuterness. /me likes this!!!!

Carinth
26-01-04, 19:50
I'm going with a setup similar, except ppu inclined as your pic shows ; ) There's nothing worthwhile at apu 90, so I settled for energy barrel at 75 apu, this left me enough ppu for anti poison sanctum at 142 ppu, and still have enough ppw to have a nice 320psi pool. I think I'm going to get hybrids nerfed with this setup : )

shodanjr_gr
26-01-04, 21:41
Originally posted by Carinth
I'm going with a setup similar, except ppu inclined as your pic shows ; ) There's nothing worthwhile at apu 90, so I settled for energy barrel at 75 apu, this left me enough ppu for anti poison sanctum at 142 ppu, and still have enough ppw to have a nice 320psi pool. I think I'm going to get hybrids nerfed with this setup : )

nrg barrel???How are you going to use that for PVP??????
What about basic energy halo???? Isnt that viable?

Varaem
26-01-04, 22:09
No, he's using the new uber carinth pvp taktik. nrg barrel while heat boosting himself, shelter and heal and allllll energy armor. He's gonna kill everyone! Yep, close range nrg barrel for teh win.

Carinth
26-01-04, 22:53
energy barrel is higher then halo, so yes i can use halo. the barrel is good for levelin, and also fun in pvp : ) para barrel + energy barrel = fun