PDA

View Full Version : UO is where it is at.

MayhemMike
26-01-04, 04:24
Screw u and you NCers, its all about UO.

Q`alooaith
26-01-04, 04:26
Did somone get PKed again?

Neocron aint so bad... they almost alway's come back..

*Wander's off muttering about axes and pointy ears*

Marx
26-01-04, 04:27
bestest UO server (http://www.wtfman.com/shard/).

MayhemMike
26-01-04, 04:30
ahaaha, thats where i'm playing, i think Me, ZoneseeK, and the bad dorito are going to give you the triple flame strike.

nonamebrandeggs
26-01-04, 04:35
UO is too complicated for my tastes :P.

Keiron
26-01-04, 04:38
The real UO is so bad now its not funny. Personally I like NC over UO (this is coming from a 4.5 year UO Vet). Only thing I miss is stealing (as a skill, not as like a scam). The good ole days of "liberating loot" from fools at the Brit bank.

MayhemMike
26-01-04, 04:46
It's all about the free shards, you down?

Wilco
26-01-04, 04:58
Sphere rulez! *he he*

Just my 2c, Wilco
(Sphere .55i: Shard-CoAdmin and Scripter)

Keiron
26-01-04, 04:58
Don't have time. Although I would love to have a disarm theif again. Oh the days of the outcast Keiron. I do so baddly miss them. Maybe in the summer. :D

L0KI
26-01-04, 04:59
Ive been lookin for the game actually.

Is it downloadable?

Benjie
26-01-04, 05:09
edit.

Strieder
26-01-04, 06:19
Do you have to pay anything to play the free servers?

Duder
26-01-04, 06:21
Originally posted by Strieder
Do you have to pay anything to play the free servers?

Hello! No...

Strieder
26-01-04, 06:23
Heh.. i stated my question in a stupid fashion :P

Is there a free client?

bounty
26-01-04, 06:23
Kind of scary that people are still playing the game. That game was great, but you kind of already missed the boat.

Q`alooaith
26-01-04, 06:24
Originally posted by Strieder
Heh.. i stated my question in a stupid fashion :P

Is there a free client?

I think you can Download the UO client for free if you do a trail account, maybe nmot even that..

But you can get it for nothing, I think.. best to look at the UO site..

ServeX
26-01-04, 07:53
Mike you forgot to add a poll. Nc is where it's at.

Birkoff
26-01-04, 08:52
Originally posted by Keiron
The real UO is so bad now its not funny. Personally I like NC over UO (this is coming from a 4.5 year UO Vet). Only thing I miss is stealing (as a skill, not as like a scam). The good ole days of "liberating loot" from fools at the Brit bank.

100% agree, my "official" UO account is over 5 years old now.

I bought LBR and went back for all 2 months and when AOS came out i bought it and left for NC mid november (day after it came retail in UK)

UO is shit since they made trammel.. THAS A LOOONNNGGG time ago :)

Archeus
26-01-04, 10:03
Originally posted by Birkoff
UO is shit since they made trammel.. THAS A LOOONNNGGG time ago :)

Exactly. No challange beyond a single player game.

YoDa-UK
26-01-04, 11:15
I played UO on Drachenfel's shard for about 2 years, this is about 5 years ago now, left it for a while after it got to dull for me, then went to a free shard listed on Sphere site, the shard was called "The Darkside" aqnd I enjoyed that a little, lots of new stuff and things that the normal UO didn't have, in the end I became a GM for that shard, head of events :angel:

I think it topped out at 600 players online at one time, so more than NC lol, man that was a long time ago, I still got the original somewhere, but its old news now, NC > UO > SWG. :p

Birkoff
26-01-04, 11:24
*gets ou AOS and installs it*

after installing FF to find ive lost playonline ID and emailed them :)

Melkior
26-01-04, 13:45
UO was dying...AoS killed it =-(

Punisher-X
26-01-04, 13:54
Trammel began to kill it, most expansions after that finished the job. When i left UO a couple of years ago, my accounts were at about 59 months old. So i guesse they would be about 7 years now. Good thing about UO was the ability to sell accounts for easy $$ :D
Europa was the best server, that's where the pvp action was :p

MayhemMike
26-01-04, 13:57
Free shards are teh win.
:angel:

Dargeshaad
26-01-04, 15:07
mmmm.....UO was teh win, however it slowly started dieing after pub 16. Anyway, I played on Europa as Marshal/Khumash-Gor/Rhag-Zadune. Anyone else played on Europa? :D

Punisher-X
26-01-04, 15:20
Khumash-Gor hmmmm werent u in 6i6 for a bit?

borlegan
26-01-04, 15:22
I was playing UO for over a year, not a vet but I got a capped char, house, millions and millions, rares and a some good and bad experiences.

Best deal in UO is that its the most flexible game, you can be whatever you want, but... there are a lot of bad things.
- A really outdated engine.
- The worst support of the mmorpg world
- Why do they made Trammel ?, that was the end of pvp

Other games like NC are not better or worse than UO or than any other, are different kind of games... but for me, NC offer a very important thing to make up my mind and play NC and not UO, that is: realistic action and situations, I love this 1st person view and the feeling of firing, running, fighting, hidding... all that NC have and that have not enjoyed in other mmo games... its my oppinion.

The only good thing of UO for me today is that I have sold my house, rares and all UO money on ebay for an insane amount of money if we are talking about a game.

EA is going to release UxO, lets see what happend...

Dargeshaad
26-01-04, 15:43
Aye was in 6i6 for about 3 years give or take a few months

Birkoff
26-01-04, 15:51
Wonder how much one of the original PB/PB long hair Mare would go for now.... *get ideas*

Bet we got some pritty rare shit and ppl still buy UO stuff :)

Dargeshaad
26-01-04, 15:57
I wonder how much one of the silver steeds from the evil/good system would be worth. When I sold my acc I still had one in the stable on my tamer :D

Wilco
26-01-04, 18:03
Originally posted by L0KI
Ive been lookin for the game actually.

Is it downloadable?
It has been free downloadable once directly from Origin, as they wanted to draw new customers to their "original shards"
(Have no URL at hand, sorry).

I found nothing in their regulations (from downloading to installation) that forbids me to connect to non_origin_shards...

As this "downloading for free" is no purchase, but some kind of "giving away for free under certain circumstances", those who give it might have the right to decree for which purpose you have the right to use it... that's the (juristical) difference (IANAL, but i read alot about this topic :)) between buying a product, and receiving it for free.

So called "local shards" or "free shards" are based on totally newly written UO-servercode.
Sphere and POL are the most sophisticated ones.
The most popular is the "sphere"-engine, thus you have ALOT of sphere-shards all over the world.
The sphere server is freely downloadable from www.sphereserver.com
By using it, you agree for instance to NOT TAKE MONEY from your players... (that's for the question whether you have to pay for playing on freeshards).

Simply using your own copy of the client to let it "picture" the data you get from the sphereserver is (seems ;)) nothin illegal (again, IANAL).
Else Origin would have sued free-shards to death already.

There have been only threats against those websites, that host old "client.exe"s from origin, as some free-shards work better with older clients, than origins newest one.

Read your licence agreement with KK for instance... they try to forbid you to use or write an analogous "free-server" for NC :rolleyes:

From my point of view, if some people would decide to do such a thing, KK would have the same options as Origin had with UO ...
just my 2c of course! (let's test, how much of free speech KK abides on their forums :angel: )

And of course, UO is now quite old, but it still has its qualities!

Regards, Wilco

SeXy Happy
26-01-04, 18:40
Arrggghh Can't take it....why oh why must they make a new UO?

I lost half of my teenage years because of this game....

In fact I swore off MMORPG's because of it, only to be conned into NC by some friends.

But, ack, the power of the UOX is overwhelming....must resist urge to play.....

If I go missing someone that is going to play please find me in UOX and tell me that there is life outside of the PC. This is my plead of help.....

**Prays to KK** Oh KK, please make DOY much better than what I could find in UOX so that I will not lose my life to the darkside.

**/End Prayer**

g0rt
26-01-04, 21:00
Originally posted by Archeus
Exactly. No challange beyond a single player game.

Hey bro how about doing some reading before posting next time to make yourself look less noobish.

The server we're playing on is a free shard that emulates how UO was in '99

Teh WIN. No game is as hardcore as oldschool UO. And theres 1150 people playing right now ONOS

spikeownzu
26-01-04, 22:18
yeh i might try wtf's shard, but i played UO for fuking years and i cannot be doing with macroing anymore

I know where you can download UO for free, so if u want to then contact me

msn - spike591@hotmail.com

icq - 168282810

aim - adamshaferspike

g0rt
26-01-04, 22:36
Originally posted by spikeownzu
yeh i might try wtf's shard, but i played UO for fuking years and i cannot be doing with macroing anymore

I know where you can download UO for free, so if u want to then contact me

msn - spike591@hotmail.com

icq - 168282810

aim - adamshaferspike

its great

and whats the diff just join up with a friend and spar all night while ur sleeping, gm swordsman, fencer or macer in a few days easy