PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Playing Horizons?

Oath
25-01-04, 21:44
Any other NC players checking out Horizons? If you are,on what servers/char names are you playing?

OMZO!!!1111111 i'm a peen

\\Fényx//
25-01-04, 21:48
Originally posted by Oath
Any other NC players checking out Horizons? If you are,on what servers/char names are you playing?

OMZO!!!1111111 i'm a peen

most the NC Dev's play that while their at work on DOY i think :lol:

Mr_Snow
25-01-04, 21:49
Played it in beta but got bored and sick of various bugs which I still dont think have been fixed yet, was interesting for a week or 2 then just got sick of killing the same mobs and doing the same missions for tradeskills all day everyday and not being able to kill people I didnt like the look of.

Magnazan
26-01-04, 01:44
Wei of Mushou and Iyos play it, no idea what their char names are though.

jernau
26-01-04, 02:24
Was thinking of trying it but then got warned off by a bunch of bad recommendations.

Let me know if it doesn't suck and I might try it after all. Unless MJS gives us BDoY soon of course. ;)

Why are you a peen today exactly??

Cytaur
26-01-04, 02:25
is it out or still in beta ?

Oath
26-01-04, 02:28
Originally posted by jernau
Was thinking of trying it but then got warned off by a bunch of bad recommendations.

Let me know if it doesn't suck and I might try it after all. Unless MJS gives us BDoY soon of course. ;)

Why are you a peen today exactly?? Dunno i feel like chicken tonight.

/edit yeah its out now.

Ithaqua
26-01-04, 02:29
It's retail, and a bunch of nc players / ex nc players play it.

I could name a few, but where would be the fun in that? hehehe

Anyhoo, I play on Ice, and no... not as Ithaqua

a hint as to the char name... "Many gifted goodly wise one". in gaelic.

Wharg0ul
26-01-04, 05:06
fuck fantasy games...unicorn-lovin', fairy molestin' types...

Richard Blade
26-01-04, 05:21
Who needs fairies, we have droms.

Anyway, I've been thinking about a "Dungeons & Dragons" style rpg. Might be kinda fun for a while.

Neocron was my first, and I still love it. (that sounds virginal doesn't it?)

I was thinking of SWG in a year or two, or maybe a fantasy based rpg.

Some of Neocrons players and KK's choices for it's direction have me out of sorts right now. I'm waiting for DoY to see how it goes.

Benjie
26-01-04, 05:23
SW:G is a waste of acsh. it's sooo boring. If you must try it wait untill it's a free download, or copy it off a friend.

Richard Blade
26-01-04, 07:10
"waste of cash"

That's why I figured I'd wait a while. Give them time to lose the bugs and add more content.

I'll read the Horizons page and see what it's about, but does anyone have some opinions about it?
What genre is it closest to? Something like the old D&D, Paladium style, or something else?

ZoneVortex
26-01-04, 07:40
what's horizons?

Duder
26-01-04, 07:42
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
what's horizons? gurgle grgle blah blah WWWWW (http://www.istaria.com/)

ServeX
26-01-04, 08:00
horizons sounds kind of cool, haven't tried it though. probably would be fun to be a dragon aka tl 300 devourer :P

Birkoff
26-01-04, 08:54
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Played it in beta but got bored and sick of various bugs which I still dont think have been fixed yet, was interesting for a week or 2 then just got sick of killing the same mobs and doing the same missions for tradeskills all day everyday and not being able to kill people I didnt like the look of.

Naming no names that sounds like a first person cyber punk game i play to much. :(

:D :D :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
26-01-04, 08:56
It's a fairly decent game, I beta'd for it, there was a lot missing at the time (...like....the ground...) but it was pretty good.
Wish I could beta for it now on a PC that would get more than 2FPS anywhere :P

http://forums.shatteredstar.com/user-cgi/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=48

^
A fair few people playin there, you should be able to find the server there too since I don't actually know which one they're on.
They're pretty well setup I think, got a buildin of their own and stuff :p

...........Yes.....we're everywhere :p

Nightbrother
26-01-04, 09:15
I play Horizons a little bit right now, but having played other fantasy turn-based combat MMORPG's, my interest for this one has faded very fast, sadly. The crafting system is magnificent, but you need very good time and patience on your hands to become a great crafter.

It's got many players, though. Give it a shot if you think you might like it. After 3 weeks of playing Horizons, I find myself back playing Neocron 90% of the time, and Horizons the rest. Banding together with a few friends to explore is always cool, though.

Right now it still has a rather bad memory leak bug that renders the game very unplayable after 1½ hours or so, depending on setup and system. I'd recommend getting a small memory retrieving program from majorgeeks.

Lenard
26-01-04, 09:36
There's a board meeting scheduled in Febuary where they will choose a new director of marketing.

So hopefully it will get better after that

Birkoff
26-01-04, 10:10
Originally posted by Nightbrother
After 3 weeks of playing Horizons, I find myself back playing Neocron 90% of the time, and Horizons the rest.

Jeus dude i thought it was addicted... i at leaast sleep/eat/work/have fun some of the time :)

Lenard
26-01-04, 10:34
Originally posted by Birkoff
Jeus dude i thought it was addicted... i at leaast sleep/eat/work/have fun some of the time :)

Notice he did not say 90% of his waking time. He meant 90% of his gaming time is devoted to Neocron. It could only be 10 minutes. In that case 9 minutes would be devoted to NC and 1 minute devoted to Horizons.

You misinterpreted his post.

[TgR]KILLER
26-01-04, 10:41
As far as i know most of BT on pluto left to horizons.. aint looking to bad.. esp the thing were u can own plots and build stuff on it.. but just saw that just on the site ( link on first page of this thread ) don't know the game @ all.. i'm sticking with nc for now anyway ;)

Nightbrother
26-01-04, 10:59
Originally posted by Lenard
Notice he did not say 90% of his waking time. He meant 90% of his gaming time is devoted to Neocron. It could only be 10 minutes. In that case 9 minutes would be devoted to NC and 1 minute devoted to Horizons.

You misinterpreted his post.

:( No, he didn't. He was right. The small room in which I live (and out of which no one will let me) has a terminal only with NC (and now also Horizons) installed on it. When I try to sleep, pokers come through holes in the wall and electrocute my feet. All I do is play NC, and a bit of Horizons.

Oh, ok, so Lenard was right. :D I liked Birkoff's interpretation of my post though.

Btw, only 1 minute a day dedicated to Horizons would mean getting 10% into the game, as it usually takes 10 mins to successfully log on. If a patch (or small update even) has been added, logging on will take 20-25 mins sometimes, because of the way the game checks for updates.

Granted, many ideas for Horizons are great, but for me, the implementation of said ideas (and I'm usually not picky) have so far proven far less intriguing practically than I had hoped. Yes, houses can be built, but that's nothing special. I'll elaborate on this later, as I dont have time now, but to play this game you need a very patient mind and the will to lvl extensively and often. More than I can handle, or want to handle. Gets too repeatitive.

Anyway, if you see Graaf Zhuul on the European Ice server, that's me.