PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Melee tanks!

Comie
25-01-04, 19:58
actually im joking, i wanted to say how impressed i am at melee tanks, last night/this morning (i had came back from a club so it could of ben at any time this morning).

I was in PP fighting with a few peoples, then a Melee tank came charging in (i dont need to name yu, yu already know who yu are). I being a long time APU thought to myself 'nother tank, shouldnt be too hard'.

But in he comes rather than sticking by the P3 and PP1 zone line he comes charging ino PP all the way down intop the medicare area, swiping away, running circles around everyone, taking a small amount of damage (i do pray that he was PPU buffed otherwise... FUCK ME THATS A CON SETUP!!) taking down PE's tanks - and me 3 times (my PPU butt monkey parashocked me instead :wtf: ).

after he'd been parashocked the first time, we'd decided not to parashock him again as we were there for the fun, and a melee tank with out his runspeed is like an apu without any spells.... anyways he came in got 15 kills (then i went to bed) with only 2 deaths himself... All i gotta say is wow melee is very good and viable... and nothing to be sniffed at good job KK :)

oh and good skills MR melee tank

\\Fényx//
25-01-04, 20:41
Originally posted by Comie
actually im joking, i wanted to say how impressed i am at melee tanks, last night/this morning (i had came back from a club so it could of ben at any time this morning).

I was in PP fighting with a few peoples, then a Melee tank came charging in (i dont need to name yu, yu already know who yu are). I being a long time APU thought to myself 'nother tank, shouldnt be too hard'.

But in he comes rather than sticking by the P3 and PP1 zone line he comes charging ino PP all the way down intop the medicare area, swiping away, running circles around everyone, taking a small amount of damage (i do pray that he was PPU buffed otherwise... FUCK ME THATS A CON SETUP!!) taking down PE's tanks - and me 3 times (my PPU butt monkey parashocked me instead :wtf: ).

after he'd been parashocked the first time, we'd decided not to parashock him again as we were there for the fun, and a melee tank with out his runspeed is like an apu without any spells.... anyways he came in got 15 kills (then i went to bed) with only 2 deaths himself... All i gotta say is wow melee is very good and viable... and nothing to be sniffed at good job KK :)

oh and good skills MR melee tank

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheers ;) Had a blast thismorning in PP, Thought what the hell, as ]-[azard keeps dieing to ya ill come teach ya a lesson :p

What made me laugh is that I had Dani nagosomething DMing me calling me a zone whore, this is while I was zoning after taking out 3 ppl outta the 10 of ya plus yer PPUs ... O_o You guys zoned enough times to get away from me ;) Bloody SL loss for chasing enemies into the sewers and killing them ... Hit red SL twice rofl :lol: But yea, its hard work as a melee tank actually wearing people down enough to kill em, but I got about 20 kills total by the time everyone else buggerd off :p What made me laugh when there was certain PIMP that were there to call me a zone whore etc whenever they had a para happy PPU by their side, So I got a PPU in there with me and theirs left, a certain high ranking member of PIMP said sod this and dissapeared :lol:

Most the time I didnt actually have PPU buffs on, not untill you had like 3 PPUs in there as I was pretty much getting dam boosted the second I synched in, Kudos to the PPUs that agreed to not parashock :) fu to that one that refused and para'd anyway O_o

Melee is gimpage tho when compared to every other form of attacking class, has like 10m buggy range where your lucky if you hit anything moving away from you, you have to be right ontop of someone to hit them, and are normally dead if someone attacks you from range by the time you get there. Also the damage _is_ still piss poor compared to every other form ...

People say melee doesent have ammo so is low cost maintenance, hell fuck that I spent less as a HC tank compared to the ammount of anti para's, anto damageboost's and stamina booster 2's than what I do now as a melee tank, Plus getting my DG repaired once or sometimes twice a day fucking sucks donkey bollocks, my tanks CS went like 4-5 months before needing a repair, I lommed to melee and had to get my 4 slot DG repaired the same day :lol:

[Edit] btw, I took you down more than 3 times ;) Dont forget that me and your PPU rezkilled you 2 times :lol:

Mr Friendly
25-01-04, 20:49
heh, & just to think, i was makin threads like around march of last year that melee is the way to go.....but all i got was bitched at by ppl who thought i was lie'in.....pfft

Shadow Dancer
25-01-04, 21:21
:rolleyes: @ naming clans

Anyways Fenix, that Dani person was just messing around. She knows you. lol

\\Fényx//
25-01-04, 21:22
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
:rolleyes: @ naming clans

Anyways Fenix, that Dani person was just messing around. She knows you. lol

O_o

DM me who it is ..... I thought it was some unknown faction person thingy at first with the stuff she was saying lol, Ive got 1 Idea on who it is tho ...

Mumblyfish
25-01-04, 21:25
Fenyx is Stabby's hero.

Teach meh :D

\\Fényx//
25-01-04, 21:28
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Fenyx is Stabby's hero.

Teach meh :D

But apparently Stabby's the famous one but thats because hes got a stupid name :lol:

Comie
25-01-04, 21:39
[Edit] btw, I took you down more than 3 times Dont forget that me and your PPU rezkilled you 2 times

i told yu the fuxxor was on yur side.... rez killed AND parashocked.. i mean did yu want it any easier????? =p

phunqe
26-01-04, 11:05
Yeah, melee tanks are getting fun again.

I'm getting to about 90 CON on mine, so you can take a lot of damage as well...
I just love the CON setup you can have as a melee tank :D

herc+marine+pp+moveon = teh melee sex :)

Haxxor
26-01-04, 11:38
only Critism of melee tanks is that it takes a while to take down a PE. Theres only 2 Dmg Melee deals, PRC + ENR and most ppl have good resists in them. Against Unbuffed ppl Melee Owns but when a PPU enters the fun stops as u said. Freeze + Damage Boost and easy target for APUs to kick to shit. Maybe a Poision or xray or fire Mod for Laserblade might be a good idea? :wtf: O_o

phunqe
26-01-04, 12:23
Yep, posion mod for melees has been up as suggestion before.
It makes sense as well.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84285