PDA

View Full Version : Can any one Help?

Private_Eye44
25-01-04, 19:39
Ok, i was hunting WB with my clan, all of a suden my Ethernet light on my modem went off then back on. I come back hunting WB 2 secs latter it happens again all cords are plugged in. Then 1 hr latter it comes on then i come back to play neocron. a Thing on my connection to start neocron pops up i wait to DL it and its so Fuc*ing slow. Is there any one that can help?! oh yeah my computer is slow as hell now so can any one help meh??

Gotterdammerung
25-01-04, 19:45
probably it's your service provider

Private_Eye44
25-01-04, 19:56
well its working ok but like my computer just went slow as shi* after that

Gotterdammerung
25-01-04, 20:21
is it everything on your pc thats slower now ? do ordinary programs open slower or just online game ones ? does a wepsite take longer to load now ? if the ordinary progs open the same as before but the web/mmorpg stuf is slow it's your provider

Private_Eye44
25-01-04, 20:25
every thing is so slow even not on internet i cant even get on Neocron and DL this thing for the caves its SO SLOW!!!!

phunqe
26-01-04, 11:07
You might have some faulty equipment somewhere as well.

Trying another modem might be a bit hard, so begin with trying another cable, then another ethernet card if you have one.
Also, plugging in another computer would be good.

If you still have the problem, then atleast you have some backing when calling your ISP :)

[TgR]KILLER
26-01-04, 11:11
Originally posted by Private_Eye44
every thing is so slow even not on internet i cant even get on Neocron and DL this thing for the caves its SO SLOW!!!!

got ya :lol:

u ran the check files right ? it always wants to download this map.. and its HUGE.. even with my con it downloads damn slow.. just go to your neocron/patches folder and delete the files to download file.. i think its a .ini.. if anybody know the exact name pls help meh.. u know what i meen..

athon
26-01-04, 11:52
I would suggest virus checking your PC.

Athon Solo

ElfinLord
26-01-04, 14:25
It's called FilesToFix.inf. :)

Also, I would recommend a virus scan, check for spyware, and close all unnecessary running processes and programs.

You could also try booting into Safe Mode to unistall drivers for your Ethernet card and reinstall them.

Are you behind a firewall or router? When was the last time you defraged you HDD?

Also, check in the Device Manager to make sure that your Ethernet card is not conflicting with something else in your system. Have you recently installed any new hardware?

I can't think of anything else right now, but hopefully you will be able to get this sorted soon.

Good luck! :)