PDA

View Full Version : pls nerf apu's abilility to parashock

Cryotchekk
25-01-04, 19:25
like my other thread, it is really gay.

like my otherthread

'fuck im being shot by a holy lightening, shit i cant move, ill hide, fuck why am i still being shot, fuck im dead, fuck 4 imps fell out, fuck finding a tl 115 poker is hard, meh ill log off'

Spex
25-01-04, 19:30
LOL

Cryotchekk
25-01-04, 19:37
Originally posted by Spex
LOL

wow man thats really deep

the first time i got banned was coz i made a post like that.

Shadow Dancer
25-01-04, 19:40
huh?

Was prolly leg hits. Every class can do leg hits.

Some just do it more effectively than others. You can cripple an apu's legs pretty easy as well.

Dajuda
26-01-04, 03:30
nerf the apus

40$Poser
26-01-04, 03:35
this by far is the stupidest thread to date on the forums

Marzola
26-01-04, 03:51
Originally posted by 40$Poser
this by far is the stupidest thread to date on the forums

no, i've seen stupider, but i'm too lazy to go find an example.

Rade
26-01-04, 03:53
I just dont see why beams do locational damage, looking at the
animation it doesnt seem like it would be targettable that way.
Much like rayguns dont hit locations neither should certain apu
spells.

Nash_Brigham
26-01-04, 11:47
Since when do APU's get parashock :wtf:

[TgR]KILLER
26-01-04, 11:54
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
Since when do APU's get parashock :wtf:

hitting somebody in the legs with HL kinda gives the same effect.. only anti drugs won't help ;)

[VP]Orion
26-01-04, 11:58
Why have everyone been whining about nerfing the apu's lately? It seems like some people just have the need to whine about nerfing some other class so their own might be the best. Just watch out! The snake might come back and bite its own tail!

As some guy posted, its leg hits. When I hit someone in the leg they get slowed down but not by far as much as when parashocked. Not even close. And as someone else posted, every class can do it. Do you know what happens to an apu that gets hit in the legs? He DIES! An apu has to be moving around all the time since we cant take much damage at all. But thats fair game since we do lots of damage to make up for it.

The leghits should NOT be nerfed, its called strategy. if someone has problems with apus hitting them in the legs, they better get some aiming skill and hit the apu in his legs first. Then its just to blast away on the poor apu...

VetteroX
26-01-04, 11:59
the beam comes down from the sky and does insane damage... shouldnt be locational. I agree the thread wasnt presented well, but locational damage with apus is lame. So what if other classes have it? other classes dont have spells that fire around corners (lag or not) do insane damage, and dont have to aim.

Mumblyfish
26-01-04, 12:01
Even melee doesn't have locational damage, which is a bit poo. Don't see why APUs should have it, since they have things easier.

Benjie
26-01-04, 12:03
NO! ALL HOLY LIGHNING SHOTS SHOULD BE LEG SHOTS!!111nerf

I actually 100% agree with this guy. Holy Lightning does insane Leg Damage, and it should be nerfed.

WebShock
26-01-04, 12:18
yea nerf everything!!!!! KILL ALL PSI's mwahahaha

gimme a big lollipop to pvp with. maybe then everyone will be content.

how about give me the stare of love spell where i make you fall in love and i kill you by passing my STD to you!!!

Get over it, everyone else can shoot your legs out. You aren't going to win everytime

OOH and btw,. people have been crying nerf apu nerf ppu since i can remember. It's sort of like a tag team wrestlng match. When the head whiner gets tired of whining about ppu they jump on the apu nerf bandwagon.

Devils Grace
26-01-04, 15:31
this ios the dumbiest shit i ever seen

every class does leg shots........

benjie.....................no comments...............:rolleyes:

ive said to u all i had to say last night in pluto.............

Shadow Dancer
26-01-04, 17:22
Originally posted by VetteroX
the beam comes down from the sky and does insane damage... shouldnt be locational.

Double standard here.

If it comes down from the sky then it should always count as a headshot.

I love the way people try and use rp reasons to nerf a class. :rolleyes:

I think jack of all trade characters shouldn't have better defense than a tank. You know, since their the jack of all trades.

Originally posted by Devils Grace
this ios the dumbiest shit i ever seen

every class does leg shots........

Exactly, now people are going overboard with the whining. This isn't even a valid "whine" like maybe apus doing too much damage. This is just a stupid "i can't handle apus" type whine.

Funny thing is, apus get crippled incredibly easy in the legs.

Let's leave that though right? :rolleyes:

evs
26-01-04, 17:46
I think perhaps beams need a slight change, that the damage is split between all locations evenly.
If the head or leg boxes empty first, fair enough.
But doing damage to a specific location i think perhaps should be saved to lances.

As for the JOAT comments, heh shad - now thats just trolling ;)

But it does seem KK agree with the pe defence should be 2nd highest in the game, as the lower PSI spells arent getting boosted (req wise) so pe's can still drug for haz/heat pretty easily.

And with the slight changes in future, especially with rifle's being boosted and some pistols, the PE's could become the strongest solo player's choice.

Apu's with HL's are strong, but against a PE with stealth/hovertec and a rifle? The apu wouldnt even get a look in.

Shadow Dancer
26-01-04, 17:57
Originally posted by evs

As for the JOAT comments, heh shad - now thats just trolling ;)

:rolleyes:

I was showing how people love to abuse rp reasons when it suits them, but when it's something against them they'll quickly forget about RP and all that.

PFfttt, no locational damage. Yea ok. So now apus can't leg shot like other classes, and they'll do less damage because they can't headshot.

IT just seems like people are jumping on a bandwagon.

Rade
26-01-04, 17:57
Sure, make all beams headshots then balance the damage from
there, I dont see the problem. There is no question about how
easy it is for APUs to legshot other classes, and no, APUs are not
easier to legshot than anyone else bar PEs because of the heal.

Shadow Dancer
26-01-04, 17:59
Originally posted by Rade
APUs are not
easier to legshot than anyone else bar

Um yes they are. Since they have much lower defense and health.

Cryotchekk
26-01-04, 18:09
a apu just needs to tap the fire button once when the cursor is in the target box, and if it is below the waiste it will be a leg shot. and then the apu can just run around you easily and kill you

getting a leg shot with like a cs is hard, coz its very inacurate

Shadow Dancer
26-01-04, 18:11
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
a apu just needs to tap the fire button once when the cursor is in the target box, and if it is below the waiste it will be a leg shot. and then the apu can just run around you easily and kill you

getting a leg shot with like a cs is hard, coz its very inacurate

BS it's not always 1 hit. Sometimes I fire at a tanks legs 3-4 times and they still bloody hell run around me with a good speed.

You're just mad kuz of fight night. j/k :p

ezza
26-01-04, 18:15
if monkeys want locational damage then they should have a recticle and LOS attacks.

*takes off inq armour cos i dont need it, i just dont care*:p

[TgR]KILLER
26-01-04, 18:16
tanks can't run that fast anyway..

[ego trip]

yesterday @ an OP i attacked this BD tank in his back after running around an OP ( jumped out a windown in the hack building) so i nearly had him dead when i saw my s/d ran out.. right then this other tank joins in with his dev.. so i started to leg for it.. so i run with these 2 tanks on my ass.. 1 with a dev poisoning me up my ass and 1 with a cs.. but i still outran em.. ducked behind a hill runcasted heal.. ran on.. healed to full casted S/D and went back.. got a few shots off some ppl before an allie drove up in his 4x4.. i jumped in and we went to the OP.. only to be greeted by alot of APU's nuking us :lol: all in all it was fun :p din't die :p

[/ego trip]

as i was saying.. making no point.. :angel: