PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Malls - effect upon the economy

random hero
25-01-04, 19:00
What do you belive will be the effet of these new NPC malls on the neocron economies?

We all know that the economy is screwed with people asking crazy prices for things that in early retail might only cost 50-80k but now cost 2mil+.

These new malls could do various things to the economy:-

1) as more items become available prices will be forced down as people can more easily locate items they wish to accure. thus bring the economy back in to stability

2) as a result of more items being sold in the above fashion rare items become even more rare as there are less available for trade thus ruining the economy even more

3) this will have absolutley no affect on the economy

4) something else will happen (post below)

5) obligitory drom option

(there will also be options 6 and 7 incase someone else comes up with an interesting/ realistic effect malls could have on the economy. please do not vote for these until an option appears in this post. thx)

Please Vote

random hero
25-01-04, 19:01
shit

i didn't put a poll on. bollocks.
could a mod put up a poll with 7 options called
thx in advance

Ulle
25-01-04, 19:20
There is no "add poll" option when a thread has already been posted.

random hero
25-01-04, 19:22
oh well
bollocks

MjukisDjur
25-01-04, 23:34
Can you not just cut, del and paste some for random? :)

Benjie
25-01-04, 23:35
Originally posted by random hero

1) as more items become available prices will be forced down as people can more easily locate items they wish to accure. thus bring the economy back in to stability

Deffienetly. It will impove the Economy,

Marx
26-01-04, 01:15

Prices will become more stable as people start to sell things on the NPC's. People will browse, and then when they decide to sell their own similar items, will take the prices of items the've seen previously into consideration. (i.e. If say a berzerk 3 is selling for 45k on 6 out of 10 vendors, who would really say "LOL, I WANT 120k 4 IT!"?

Right now, the prices of items are based purely on what the selling players want to receive; which isn't necessarily the same as the current 'recognized' price.

random hero
26-01-04, 02:08
any more contributions?

Q`alooaith
26-01-04, 05:04
Item prices should drop...

Now it all depend's on how people play it..

If your charged a small fee per day for using the NPC to sell your item, then people are going to aim to be the lowest seller more often than not so they don't end up stuck with a large broker's fee..

If there's no charge then people will use it to jack up their prices.. no need to stand about yelling to sell, so just put there for whatever you want, then somone else come's to sell, and they see how much the other is going for, put their's up for a little bit more, hell there's only a few of the lower priced one's people are sure to get yours..

Richard Blade
26-01-04, 05:10
I think it might drop prices, but it could do the reverse as well. Price wars for those who have the really rare items.

But, what happens to barter? I my vendor asks for 3k for a mob dropped zerk 1, and a high level barter buys it for someone, I still want 3k, and the barter will still want his discount.
Guess we'll have to wait for that answer.

Edit: I mispelled that. I meant "if my vendor". Not me being the vendor. As I understand it, the NPC's run the shop for you. You just set the prices and fill it with loot.

Marx
26-01-04, 05:15
But, what happens to barter? I my vendor asks for 3k for a mob dropped zerk 1, and a high level barter buys it for someone, I still want 3k, and the barter will still want his discount

I heartily doubt barter will effect it. As I've said before someplace else - Barter is the ability to haggle... Since you can't talk to the NPC, you rely on a stat skill which would decide how 'smooth' you are in your haggling.

Since there's a player behind the vendor, there would be a real person to haggle with... as opposed to the pure npc vendors.

Benjie
26-01-04, 05:18
I hope identicall items Stack in Neocron malls.

Thats my only worry.

Also I want the mall to be a new map all together, just like the concept art. Wonder if it will be...

Q`alooaith
26-01-04, 05:22
Originally posted by Marx
I heartily doubt barter will effect it. As I've said before someplace else - Barter is the ability to haggle... Since you can't talk to the NPC, you rely on a stat skill which would decide how 'smooth' you are in your haggling.

Since there's a player behind the vendor, there would be a real person to haggle with... as opposed to the pure npc vendors.

Well it could be done like this..

You give your item to a NPC vender to sell it for you, and tell them you want 3K for it, and they charge you 5% or what you want for it every day (or week, depend's on ballence) then on top of what you want for it, they'll charge a seller's fee, maybe 15% the item's wanted price...

Now a barter could reduce the ammount down to just 5% more than the seller want's, but no more, and the seller get's his full 3K, while the NPC vender keep's the extra 5%..

Marx
26-01-04, 05:32
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
barter could reduce the ammount down to just 5% more than the seller want's, but no more, and the seller get's his full 3K, while the NPC vender keep's the extra 5%..

Would be pretty cool.

:D