25-01-04, 17:56
do it

Cliffraiser
25-01-04, 17:58
SPAM, but yeh i agree, take em out

Mr_Snow
25-01-04, 17:59
Get killed by them again?

Yeah removed the ones beside the zoneline they are just exploits standing around there atm.

MayhemMike
25-01-04, 17:59
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming and exploit-related ]

Barar
25-01-04, 18:03
no need to once safe zones are remobed there will be no hiding

MayhemMike
25-01-04, 18:04
There will no hiding for you to expoit eh?

Yinyin
25-01-04, 18:15
I agree, take them out. PP1 is where everybody goes to PVP, no faction should have the upper hand. (even though it really is their zone)

Ascension
25-01-04, 18:42
Yeah I agree well maybe only downstairs... cos thts where most people fight!

Lethys
25-01-04, 18:44
Definitely take them out at the zone line.

Only places there should be guards is at the TS-owned areas (ie Pussy Club, Neofrag, TS HQ)

Barar
25-01-04, 18:49
ppl only fight over the zone line as its safe for them to run to plaza if they get low on health - that wont be the case soon

Carinth
25-01-04, 19:16
I seriously don't understand people's logic sometime. Regardless of the fact that pp1 has been declared TS territory, people still demand they should walk freely even if they're hostile to TS. Even settings this aside, I thought it was generaly agreed on that fighting at a zone border is pathetic/lame/boring. Yet people still continue to fight there? IMO Guards/Copbots are good to have there, they discourage fighting at the zone border. If you remove them, people will never fight anywhere else. Just spend all day zoning back and forth. That sounds like fun...

Anyway ya, once they turn safezones off in the main city areas, the guards won't really matter. People will find different areas to zone hop, maybe the subway, or a club/building.

shodanjr_gr
25-01-04, 19:21
Originally posted by Carinth
I seriously don't understand people's logic sometime. Regardless of the fact that pp1 has been declared TS territory, people still demand they should walk freely even if they're hostile to TS. Even settings this aside, I thought it was generaly agreed on that fighting at a zone border is pathetic/lame/boring. Yet people still continue to fight there? IMO Guards/Copbots are good to have there, they discourage fighting at the zone border. If you remove them, people will never fight anywhere else. Just spend all day zoning back and forth. That sounds like fun...

Anyway ya, once they turn safezones off in the main city areas, the guards won't really matter. People will find different areas to zone hop, maybe the subway, or a club/building.

Pepper park zone line is THE place where people go and fight. It is TS territory but those guards are easily exploitable. If you dont like the guards remove, then tell your faction to get em fixed.

And they dont discourage fighting, they just make it more frustrating.

Mumblyfish
25-01-04, 19:23
Don't fight there. Only asshats fight in that place anyway, if you need to fight in an area like that you have skill which can be roughly equated to zero.

Instead, use it for what it was originally intended. Go there to browse the bars and look at boobs.

Psycho Killa
25-01-04, 19:24
I hope the subway isnt a safezone? I wanted to hang there :(

Anyways I think that they should be in key places for tsunami.

Infront of the pussy club. The generep of course they do control the zone. The

Why do they need to be near the sewer in the back? Why do they need to be in the snackbar? Surely even if they owned the snack bar they would want business no matter who it was from?

City Admin controls Plaza 1 but I dont see them camping the borders or inside random establishments.

Mumblyfish
25-01-04, 19:50
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
City Admin controls Plaza 1 but I dont see them camping the borders or inside random establishments.

Really? I find it hard to miss the multitude of Copbots patrolling the area and camping the zonelines.

O_o

Carinth
25-01-04, 20:30
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Pepper park zone line is THE place where people go and fight. It is TS territory but those guards are easily exploitable. If you dont like the guards remove, then tell your faction to get em fixed.

And they dont discourage fighting, they just make it more frustrating.

So? Things Change. Plaza 1 was THE tradeskiller place. Now with angry CA guards, it can't be anymore. It'll be even less so when they make the area non safe. And then even less when they entirely kick anti city out of the city. Just because you used to fight at pp1 doesn't mean you hafta, as if that's the only place you can fight at aside from ops.

PK: If you actualy look at the CA guard placement, they cover the p3 and p4 exits, there are also some near the p2 exit but not specificly guarding it. The difference is only a few are aggressive. It was kk's original intention to have them all be aggressive, as it was on the test server. They realized this might not go over well, so only a few were made aggressive. Honestly I'm more afraid of CA Guards and Crahn Guards then any others. I havn't faced a FA guard, but I hear they're nasty. CA Guards have good range and do invisible damage. Crahn Guards have good range and use Holy Lightning as strong as any APU can, even stronger. In comparison the TS/BD Guards are pansies, with their silly flamethrower.

Psycho Killa
25-01-04, 20:50
Whatever I just think pepper park is an awesome place to fight atleast leave part of it where we can fight.

The 2 that really piss me off are the snack bar and the one near the sewer closest to medicare.

Really they do not need to be there.

They should jack up all the guards in pussy club so you guys have a place to relax but those 2 guards I think mess it up the most.

The ones on the zoneline dont bother me much I only fought around there once today because I was on my half leveled pe with like no armor :) Stupid guard got me :( people need to stop (you know whating) them for crying out loud it even got me stealthed.

nonamebrandeggs
25-01-04, 21:09
I love fighting in the PP sewers. Boycott PP, move to the sewers.

Only problem is SL loss =\.

ZoneVortex
25-01-04, 22:06
how bout

stay out of pepper park 1

Hayato
25-01-04, 22:09
i agree with ZoneVortex...

Psycho Killa
25-01-04, 23:18
How about you defend your home turf if you want it safe?

This whole faction guard thing is horseshit. Why should the game enforce territoris upon us? What happened to Bd and Ts battling it out over pepper park turf? I wish there was a way you could control which guard spawns in key areas of pepper park (of course not infront of key faction buildings)so you could actualy battle for control over pepper park like it says happens in both our background stories.

It will be better though if they weaken guards a bit and make it so that they dont respawn for a few minutes.

KramerTheWeird
26-01-04, 00:21
There is not enough people online in this game to defend any turf theirselves. You may think it's some carebear move, but really the servers are so unpopulated that often times an enemy will overrun those defending. Do you think a player wants to sit around pp all day? Maybe some, but most would rather do more things than guard duty. Besides that, those guards aren't even aggressive. If someone hits them however they do go into aggressive mode, no matter it be a punch, or a rocket. They are indiscriminate with this, if a like faction punches them they may not react first to them, however if they hit them harder they will attack them regardless. Same with a hostile, if they hit a guard they will attack all hostiles in the area, and those with highly negative TS symp.

Stop whining about this, if you are even paying attention to test server you'll see they've been tweaking and adjusting guards so that they aren't as powerful.

VetteroX
26-01-04, 00:26
They really should remove all guards everywhere... if the players cant defend an area.. tough, thats life. in real life some gangs get totaly destroyed by others, and some armies get totaly destroyed by other armies. welcome to reality.

However, I know they wont ever remove the guards... how about make them weak but have more of em? I mean wtf is with the 120/120 guards... its lame in fun and a role play sense.... example in roleplay its like my char whos dedicated his life to fighting, cant ever become even 1/2 as strong as this everyday regular old low ranking guard whos job is to patrol an alley!? wtf... WTF is with that?

Guards should be like 70/70 but have more of them... then players actually can kill them and control an area.

KramerTheWeird
26-01-04, 00:30
thanks for not reading anything I said vet

this isn't real life
we don't live in this game
we don't have armies
we have max of 200 people on a server

How does that equate to everyone having every possible role in a faction, including guarding? Especially since we are occupied with outposts and hunting more than anything in this game?

There simply isn't enough people in this game to make a "defend yourself" role.

ZoneVortex
26-01-04, 00:31
well if the tsunami guards get removed from pepper park...then the BD guards get removed too (even though they do absolutely nothing compared to the carnage that tsunami guards deal), and then we've gotta remove every guard from the whole fucking world while we're at it

and with no guards what's the point of safe zones if there's no territory control anyways

and with no safe zones what's the fucking point of trade skillers since they'll have no where to work publically

woot no tradeskillers means no more tech parts no more constructed weapons no more repairs on servers like Pluto with one character

none of that means let's all use non rare store bought weapons like the good ol' days

so really it's all for the good cause eh

just fuck me cause that was a totally stupid analogy i just felt like going off on some totally stupid tangent to go along with this totally stupid thread titled "Take guards out of PP1", in turn only fucking the tsunami syndicate up the ass hole and no one else.

Dade Murphey
26-01-04, 00:32
nm...I missed something somewhere...just ignore this...haha

Psycho Killa
26-01-04, 00:34
But do you reallyhave anything against the one in the snackbar and the one at the sewer closest to medicare getting removed?

I have no problem with the zone line the pussy club the faction HQ and the genrep. Or even neofrag since you can just walk past them quick enough if you wanna go neofraging.

Just tell me would it be so bad if they werent camping the snack bar and the sewer? Ive died to them so many damn times in a fight when they come charging out of nowhere.

KramerTheWeird
26-01-04, 00:38
Well, I want to use the shooting range but you don't see ME complaining!

:rolleyes:

Psycho Killa
26-01-04, 00:40
Why the shooting range is a useless piece of shit?

Thats not the even the same comparison im not asking to go to the pussy club. Maybe if you said well I want to go to pp2 which I would say good even out the guards there also so we can get some good turf wars. Were suppose to battle over pepper park arent we? I dont mind you having the advantage in pp1 but come on its rediculous as it is now.

Hopefuly the current test server changes will make this discussion meaningless.

KramerTheWeird
26-01-04, 00:44
I think pp3 should be bd controlled, and pp2 constantly changing, maybe with TS guards on the pp1 end and BD guards at the pp3. I think it would make pp battles more interesting.

Birkoff
26-01-04, 00:47
Originally posted by VetteroX
They really should remove all guards everywhere... if the players cant defend an area.. tough, thats life. in real life some gangs get totaly destroyed by others, and some armies get totaly destroyed by other armies. welcome to reality.

However, I know they wont ever remove the guards... how about make them weak but have more of em? I mean wtf is with the 120/120 guards... its lame in fun and a role play sense.... example in roleplay its like my char whos dedicated his life to fighting, cant ever become even 1/2 as strong as this everyday regular old low ranking guard whos job is to patrol an alley!? wtf... WTF is with that?

Guards should be like 70/70 but have more of them... then players actually can kill them and control an area.

i 100% agree and i 100% agree with the actual topic.

If a person caps and can't get n e better at rank 70ish then how the hell is a average faction guard nearly twice as hard as them....

Guards being this hard is stupid... insane...

Pepper park fights were more fun when u couldn't draw a weapon for morethan 3 seconds than getting ganked by a npc that only attacked u b/c some retard punched him.

Psycho Killa
26-01-04, 00:57
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
I think pp3 should be bd controlled, and pp2 constantly changing, maybe with TS guards on the pp1 end and BD guards at the pp3. I think it would make pp battles more interesting.

I would like that but then they would have to change the Bd Hq which wouldnt be to hard we can just use the Secred Bd Hq as our main one and turn the old bd hq into something else....

Possible something that can be controlled by either tsunami or BD... I dont know hacking seems a bit out of place but you should be able to do something to overtake the establishment.

KramerTheWeird
26-01-04, 01:00
yes territory control in PP.. great idea :)

Bitburger
26-01-04, 01:03
o_O o_O o_O

SURE ! ! ! ! and the CA guards out of plaza ! !! !!

and the BD guards out of pepper 2 were our clan apt. is ! ! ! !!! !

and please put all guards out of the faction HQ's so we can level our faction symp there 8|

omfg... what a bullshit

Magnazan
26-01-04, 01:42
TBH Oz station is where its at, PP is so last month nuff said gg no re +1

alig
26-01-04, 03:35
For all of u saying the guards should be there, ur sadly mistaken....are there bd guards on the zone line to pp2? no....are there ca guards on the zone line to p1? no...are there ts guards on the zone line to pp1? yes....Lets add something into this, there called FRE's [FATAL RUN TIME ERROR'S] and if u happen to get one while zoning into pp1, ur probably already dead....if u get one zoning into pp2, ur covered by the wall where the guards cant see u...if u get one zoning into p1 ur covered by another fucking wall where they cant see u....why is it only in pp1 where the vast of fucking pvp happens?

Ya know if i could get my own way i would have all fighting on the pp1 to pp2 zoneline or the pp2 to pp3 zoneline, why? cuz that way if someone thinks there good, they better hope they are cuz there wont be no safe zone to run like a pussy to like everyone that trys my tank 1 on 1 does :mad:

ZoneVortex
26-01-04, 04:01
Originally posted by alig
For all of u saying the guards should be there, ur sadly mistaken....are there bd guards on the zone line to pp2? no....are there ca guards on the zone line to p1? no...are there ts guards on the zone line to pp1? yes....Lets add something into this, there called FRE's [FATAL RUN TIME ERROR'S] and if u happen to get one while zoning into pp1, ur probably already dead....if u get one zoning into pp2, ur covered by the wall where the guards cant see u...if u get one zoning into p1 ur covered by another fucking wall where they cant see u....why is it only in pp1 where the vast of fucking pvp happens?

Ya know if i could get my own way i would have all fighting on the pp1 to pp2 zoneline or the pp2 to pp3 zoneline, why? cuz that way if someone thinks there good, they better hope they are cuz there wont be no safe zone to run like a pussy to like everyone that trys my tank 1 on 1 does :mad:

what the fuck...

to correct those "No"s actually...

Are there BD guards on the pp2-pp1 zoneline? YES
Are there CA guards on the p3 to p1 zoneline? YES

I've been fucking killed numerous times by the BD guards on the pp2 to pp1 zone and the pp2 to pp3 zone...

here! NEW IDEA!

Instead of entering pp1 from plaza 3 where you'll get ganked...
enter from the subway where there is only one guard who doesn't even shoot! or enter from your BD controlled pp2 ! whoooo problem fucking solved!

RayBob
26-01-04, 04:09
...I thought it was generaly agreed on that fighting at a zone border is pathetic/lame/boring. Yet people still continue to fight there?The game is f***ing boring. As pathetic as it is, it is a bit of fun we can manage to squeeze out.

Tupac
26-01-04, 07:16
take em out plz seen way too many people exploiting them and its not very fun

Carinth
26-01-04, 08:56
So you would rather have people exploiting zone borders then the guards? Well whatever floats your boat. I really dont care were the guards are as long as they are somewhere visible in pepper park. I don't see anyone yelling about Merc guards or Th guards, they're much more prevalant and much more deadly. But ohno god forbid ts have any help. : p

Birkoff
26-01-04, 10:21
So you would rather have people exploiting zone borders then the guards? Well whatever floats your boat. I really dont care were the guards are as long as they are somewhere visible in pepper park. I don't see anyone yelling about Merc guards or Th guards, they're much more prevalant and much more deadly. But ohno god forbid ts have any help. : p

More deadly? TS guards are worse than anyothe guard....

CM guards rarely shoot and a PE can out heal a TG guard lol.

I agree ther eshoudl be guards there.... but nowhere near where they are now.

@ZoneVortex The CA guards in P1 can't see you if u FRE zoning in to P1 form p3 nor can the BD guards see u if u FRE zoning in to P2 from p1. There is a wall in the way.

pp2->pp1 TS guard sees you
PP3->PP2 bd guard sees you

The main problem is there to fucking hard, not they they oblitorate anything in site if anyone as little as puts a finger on them.

Carinth
26-01-04, 19:39
Originally posted by Birkoff
More deadly? TS guards are worse than anyothe guard....

CM guards rarely shoot and a PE can out heal a TG guard lol.

I agree ther eshoudl be guards there.... but nowhere near where they are now.

@ZoneVortex The CA guards in P1 can't see you if u FRE zoning in to P1 form p3 nor can the BD guards see u if u FRE zoning in to P2 from p1. There is a wall in the way.

pp2->pp1 TS guard sees you
PP3->PP2 bd guard sees you

The main problem is there to fucking hard, not they they oblitorate anything in site if anyone as little as puts a finger on them.

Ts and Bd guards are only strong if you're close to them. They hardly move very fast so it's possible to run away. I take it you're not hostile to CA, so you wouldn't know that those two CA guards are more deadly then any TS guard. They do invisible damage with a decent range. I was shot down and killed while standing by the city terminals behind the wall outside typherrra. Someone happened to open the door and the guards instakilled me. At the moment those and maybe some infront of CA hq are the only aggressive guards. There are however CA guards at the p3 exit, though yes you can safely synch in. For other fun guards, try taking on a Crahn guard. It is fortuanet they remain in Crahn hq and Crahn Abbey, they are one of the deadliest npc's I've ever faced. Imagine a Kamikaze APU boosted to at least double his dmg capability and with normal guard npc health. They do random dmg just like apu's aswell. One hit didn't bother me, second hit I healed back, 3rd and 4th sent me to 20 health limping around a corner. In regard to the merc guards, do not bring in targeting issues, that is a problem with every guard. There are many times the TS guards have stood there and watched me die to a hostile faction, without helping. Or they just run forward and then back. I was not referring to the merc guard's strength, I havn't tried them out. What I meant was that they have been placed to actively prevent pk'ing in mb. There was a point were the GM's spawned an army of guards just to stop TG from going on rampages. So yes guards are supposed to help players defend their home turf, it's not entirely the players responsibility.

Vampire222
26-01-04, 19:44
fuck it, just remove all guards and alll copbots and safezones... problem solved

alig
26-01-04, 20:49
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
what the fuck...

to correct those "No"s actually...

Are there BD guards on the pp2-pp1 zoneline? YES
Are there CA guards on the p3 to p1 zoneline? YES

I've been fucking killed numerous times by the BD guards on the pp2 to pp1 zone and the pp2 to pp3 zone...

here! NEW IDEA!

Instead of entering pp1 from plaza 3 where you'll get ganked...
enter from the subway where there is only one guard who doesn't even shoot! or enter from your BD controlled pp2 ! whoooo problem fucking solved!

Well come and show me where the guards are IN YOUR FUCKING FACE ON ZONING like pp1 plz? ill log onto any server and u come and show me the guards on the zoneline...not around the corner