PDA

View Full Version : neolauncher pro's broken my NC :(

\\Fényx//
25-01-04, 17:01
Lo,

Well where do I start ... My HDD died lastnight and ive had to reinstall NC, got it all patched up, put the latest nclp onto a fresh clean shiny new install of NC... and now its b0rked... Heres the problems ive got and ive tried 3 reinstalls of NC to fix it ...

1) All my tech parts of are showing up as "Wrecked Hull part of ... " so I cant tell what they are O_o yet other people see them fine in trade...
2) Devourer, all flamers, Paineaser, all assault rifles etc, my CS and all plasma cannons dont always show up as a icon ... mouseover tells me whats 'there' though .. frightened the shit outta me at first, thought the guns had dissapeared, but after a relog it sometimes fixes it, they sometimes dissapear after zoning etc aswell but I can still draw the weapon ...
3) Batqueen Bones are showing up the same as normal yellow bones, where as i know this launcher version has them as pink or something like that as they were like that before I had to reinstall
4) Special sciencs, hawkins, DS, PsiCore and all the 'yellow' centred imps like that have the image of a marine/distance3 chip etc ...

Overall its pretty fucked ...

Anyone else had these problems ? O_o Know any fixes ? O_o

naimex
25-01-04, 17:07
it broke my nc too, just copy patches and reinstall nc

only way.. well only way i found

Siygess
25-01-04, 17:20
I also had a few problems after installing the latest version of NL Pro, but I found that installing NL Pro again, over the top of the existing install, seemed to do the trick.

Rieper
25-01-04, 17:39
yeah, its still giving me grief... i ran the filechecker and pressed launch nc.. its doing that right now.. lets hope it works.

Ka0s^
25-01-04, 18:07
has anyone ran neolauncher pro WITHOUT probs....im tempted not to use it as it stands........

Rieper
25-01-04, 18:18
this newest install has messed up a lot of peoples games.. its to do with the new graphics i think.

P4mp3rk3
25-01-04, 19:33
mine works fine here guys

latest NCLauncher installed....

L0KI
25-01-04, 19:36
Solution : DONT USE IT

The last one fucked up my NC, then i couldnt reinstall it. Had to reinstall windows...

Ka0s^
25-01-04, 22:42
if its borking PCs up to the point of reinstalls, surely the makers should advise this?

Mishakal
26-01-04, 00:59
Had a slight problem with the christmas graphics from Neolauncher Pro but thats it, and that was fixed by reinstalling Pro

Maarten
26-01-04, 01:01
It's weird... Since it SHOULD work perfectly on a fresh install of Neocron. I've tried it here on three different comps and it all works like a charm...

Tip: if you don't wanna risk fucking up your NC, install it anyway, but uncheck the "enhanced graphics". NLPro is more then only that... ;)

rob444
26-01-04, 01:11
I play with original, it's the best. :D

jernau
26-01-04, 02:33
Semi-borked here.

If I run the NL-Pro exe it just chomps CPU and does nothing.
If I run the original launcher (NLP still installed) I get the NL cursor and some of the other graphics in-game.

NC is still playable but I assume I'm missing a bunch of stuff somewhere.

Duder
26-01-04, 03:05
I use the latest NeoLauncher and it works fine, no fuck ups have ever happened with NeoLauncher in the past aswell...so neener neener

Sick
26-01-04, 03:33
heh sounds incredibly buggy to me, glad ive never used it.

the saying, "two wrongs dont make a right" springs to mind here.

Nippa
26-01-04, 11:14
Well I must be one of the lucky ones NCL Pro works fine for me . And I know a few other people that NCL Pro works Fine for :D

Maarten
26-01-04, 12:52
Yup, NLPro has over 250 regular users... I guess it all works fine on their comps too...

El_MUERkO
26-01-04, 12:58
I'm still having graphical problems with the belts so I'm going to do a fresh install and try it that way.

BramTops
26-01-04, 18:10
I'm really sorry to hear that it f*cked your NC installtion, fenyx.

But PLEASE dont EVEN SUGGEST that NLpro is the reason you had to reinstall your OS. NLpro is not capable of doing that kind of damage, unless your rig is already fucked up and even an install of every program X will do "the trick".

There have been increasingly reports of people who have problems with the "enhanced graphics" feature. I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm still trying to figure out how this can be solved.

Please remember that this feature can be unsellected when installing NLpro! There are many more features!

There are currently 270 users ACTIVLY using NLpro (inactive accounts are deleted over time!) and only a relative "few" have had these problems... unfortunatly only *those* people are posting here on the forums (except a few nice runners in this thread)... giving NLpro a bad rep.

rob444
26-01-04, 18:16
Well if your program fucks up their Neocron they have an obligation to tell the public about it. It's not to give your program a bad reputation, it's there to prevent ppl from getting the same problems as other has.

BramTops
26-01-04, 18:23
Hehehe.. Ok. True. But i'd like to point out that there are many many more people who dont have these problems... When reading all these posts it looks like NLpro always causes mayhem while it just doesn't.

jernau
26-01-04, 18:31
FYI - I solved the problem with mine. There was nothing wrong with NLP.

I had changed some filenames so I could keep using neologger. I'm sure I had done the same with an older version without issues but it doesn't work now so I've just stopped using NLP as the launcher.

If I have NLP installed but launch the game using the normal launcher what features am I missing out on?

Lucjan
26-01-04, 18:44
Originally posted by BramTops
Hehehe.. Ok. True. But i'd like to point out that there are many many more people who dont have these problems... When reading all these posts it looks like NLpro always causes mayhem while it just doesn't.

This statement reminds me very much on the Neocron crashing problem KK has ;-)

Just an idea: can it be some of you try to install NLpro while NC is running?

BramTops
26-01-04, 18:46
Originally posted by jernau
If I have NLP installed but launch the game using the normal launcher what features am I missing out on?

Well... The NLpro website in your launcher (and all functions related to it) and the "enhanced graphics" featuer *might* not work (I've heard reports about these graphics showing up without ItemGFX starting NLpro).

Hope you keep track of NLpro... Solving these issues is my top-most priority now.