PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Got the Solution

Crest
25-01-04, 16:44
Ok So I am building a second computer (Lower Spec) for a second account as per test patch limiting to 1 instance and I normaly can run 2.

Nvidia GForce FX 5200 is the Prime Graphic. I have direct X 9b, with NVidias lates drivers, all patches on Windows XP Home... I last about 10 - 20 seconds then get thrown out of game.

I have seen Duckman with the same problem and a few others of recent times, but no indefinate solutions to this ....

Could anyone shed some light here please

Psyco Groupie
25-01-04, 16:57
you set the localport to something else on second machine ?

sounds like a network issue .. maybe firewall

msdong
25-01-04, 17:00
did u use the arrow keys for movement ?

Crest
25-01-04, 17:00
This is not a networking Issue , I am not trying to run 2 at the same time, I am trying to make sure second machine runs by self.....So it would be like running a new build on a new machine .. .But thanks for the port Advice

Yes I use the arrow keys, I will try mapping it to the AWDS and see what happens

sw1tch
25-01-04, 17:11
if it crashes when u move, turn off numlock.

Crest
25-01-04, 17:13
I dont even move. Sometimes I just stand there, some times I dont even get into game, at logon it kicks me back desktop..... No error message ...

I have also moved back to AGP 4x instead of 8x

I am speculating on graphics as it is normaly the usual suspect .....

But it could be sound or anything else

Psyco Groupie
25-01-04, 17:50
odd, i wouldnt recoomend using agp 4 tho ..

Crest
29-01-04, 15:05
THANKS,
I tried all that and nothing ... Anyone else got some ideas .. I mailed KK Help desk and downloaded some stuff to check ports .. .Will try that ....

Else not more except depend on you guys

Cytaur
29-01-04, 15:06
i dont think its vcard related...... i got fx5200 too (asus)