PDA

View Full Version : An alternative nerf to the Oblit...

RayBob
25-01-04, 14:17
The Oblit is likely going to be reduced from 90 seconds to 60 (per TS patch notes).

I prefer they leave it at 90 but I had this crazy idea. What if instead they changed it so that the stealth never ends. In other words, you ALWAYS have to drug to get out of it. That would sure be a pain and require a ton of drugs for anyone that uses it regularly.

Anyhow, not even sure if this is a good idea. I just thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.

Gotterdammerung
25-01-04, 15:10
well, if someone had to use a drug to get out of the stealth mode, what would stop someone from going into stealth upon zone crossing and then strolling into a hostile ops and fill his clannies in on what they are doing and remaining stealthed for the whole time? An invisible spy on the inside would be invaluable. People would complain I think even louder then they do when an LE'd runner shows up though

Valkyrie
25-01-04, 15:18
Of course people wouldnt complain louder. If the spy is actually standing with the enemy in the op, then they will be spotted because of the fuzzy. A truesight can be put up, or they can be AOEd. If he is watching from afar, then he propbably wouldnt have been spotted anyway if he could just repeatedly use 90 sec stealth.

An LE runner on the other hand cannot be killed, there is nothing you can do about him.

WebShock
25-01-04, 15:32
i think the copbot said it best. stupid idea.

you can cross an entire sector in 60 seconds, its a balanced nerf.

Lenard
25-01-04, 15:50
Lack of foresight on KK's part.

-Demon-
25-01-04, 15:55
Maybe I'm not too keen on the idea it's self, as it makes the stealth viable to anyone.

But nerfing the oblitorator and the rest of the stealth times is not the way to go...especailly when you uping the int req anyway.

Why not test the int increase first and then go from there?

I think the int will hit the pes which is I guess the reasons for the change so why not adopt a wait and see with this change?

I always said maybe maybe stealth 1 for all and the rest for spies anyway, using the class requirement setting?

Patso
26-01-04, 18:21
It should be Stealth1 usable by anyone who can reach the required level, stealth2 and above only usable by Spy.

Just raising the INT level is a nerf to the Spy. It takes ages to get the required INT just to use stealth1 and then you obtain the PA and your INT is reduced by 2,4 etc.

Spies have a hard enough time surviving with Stealth, it's a bit pointless increasing the INT level (just make it SPY only for stealth2!)

Plus if KK are going to reduce the Obliterator, then they should enhance the abilities as you have to really configure your abilities to use it. How about OK, 60 seconds time limit, but the ability to turn the stealth on/off at will? Be able to hack while stealthed? Give something to the users of the obliterator rather than double the stealth time......

Archeus
26-01-04, 19:13
drugs to break always is a nice idea.

Your not completly invisible while stealthed, and most opwars they have a PPU running a stealth breaker and stun turrets still work.

It means that you wouldn't get that "Stealth and come back and fight". Also disable the usage of vendors and gogos while stealthed so they have to get help to unstealth.

But for the rare one, once stealth is broken it takes a little while to use the tool again.

jernau
26-01-04, 19:18
Not a bad idea but I am still totally baffled why they want to nerf it at all.:confused:

shardl0r
26-01-04, 20:00
Ok what about the oblit gives perma-stealth - but the longer you are stealthed the more drug haze you get.

After 1 minute you get a light drug haze.
At ten minutes you cannot see at all.

Archeus
26-01-04, 21:26
10 minutes is a bit excessive.

How about the longer you are in stealth the more SI you gain. Make the SI slow but increase. Then when at 80-100 SI you come out of stealth.

and put timers on the drugs then when used can't activate stealth for a set time.

This is just for the rare stealth tool btw.

QuantumDelta
26-01-04, 21:29
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
well, if someone had to use a drug to get out of the stealth mode, what would stop someone from going into stealth upon zone crossing and then strolling into a hostile ops and fill his clannies in on what they are doing and remaining stealthed for the whole time? An invisible spy on the inside would be invaluable. People would complain I think even louder then they do when an LE'd runner shows up though No comment on the time limit issue BUT.
You forgot what the title of the only class capable of using the Oblitorator is....?
Seriously? o_O