PDA

View Full Version : New vehicles ideas.

Cytaur
25-01-04, 09:49
1) Mobile Howitzer
Rhino chassis, huge grenade launcher instead of particle beam cannon. As strong as Rhino, except delivering explosive ordnance over the OP walls.
(3) - Driver, Gunner, Passenger

Opponents are barricaded themselves inside of the outpost walls ? Bring that mobile Butchee and smoke 'em out !

2) Hover Multi Rocket Launcher System (MLRS)
Something like a rack of 6 rockets mounted on 3 hoverbikes. What's that noise ? What's rising the dust in the desert ? It's the Battle Fortress ! Quick troops, get those Anti-Vehicle launchers to the rear entrance !!!Shooting at high rate of fire, but significant reload time. Sort of quick emergency or appetizer fire.
(2) - Driver, Gunner

Incoming enemy reinforcements ? Give 'em a volley of rockets and then cover to reload.

3) Battle Fortress
Something like the size of 2 Troop Transporters glued together, has a main turret that shoots the blue artillery thingy, 2x20mm rear turrets, and passengers of course. Slow like a turtle, armor twice as better than Rhino's. The king of battlefield, protects inside troops, can be used as primary assault and has protection while the main gun does it's job.
(9) - Driver, Gunner (main turret), Gunner (rear turret) x2, Passenger x 6

4) Tank Hunter
Basically another jeep, perhaps different colour, instead of original 30mm gun, it has Anti-Vehicle rockets. It's sole purpose is to be an agile mobile anti-vehicular vehicle. Packs as much power as the highest TL AV-launcher but at higher rate of fire.
(3) - Driver, Gunner, Passenger.

Battle Fortress huh ? Bring it on !

5) Reconnaissance Wheeler
That red wheeler is no way can be used as artillery, instead of throwing those grenades, give the gunner ability to launch a drone some sort. Gunner shouldn't have wpw/rcl requirements because it won't be actual droning, but through that console on passenger side seat (look at the vehicle).
(2) - Driver, Gunner

Incoming !!!
----------------------

So which one do you like or if any :) I really think that NC should have more vehicles and give them an important role in OP wars.

\\Fényx//
25-01-04, 09:53
You think of the Idea's as you write them out to post dont you ?

Cytaur
25-01-04, 10:39
hey, that's what the forums are for.

Nash_Brigham
25-01-04, 10:56
I kinda actually like a few of these. Would make vehicle combat more meaningful, especially if and when we city ot city wars when DoY comes out. :D

shodanjr_gr
25-01-04, 11:55
Some of these ideas could actually make vehicle combat fun :)

BRING EM ON!!!!!

Keiron
25-01-04, 20:03
I like them all but the recon one. I'm still looking forward to the DOY Bomber's. Those things were bad-ass the one time I saw it on Test.

Leebzie
25-01-04, 21:25
not keen on anti vehicle or the drone one. (anti-vhc cause there arent really enough vehicles, and the anti vehicle rockets alone make short work of a rhino tank)

the other three are the sex.

We want mechs !

msdong
25-01-04, 21:36
Originally posted by Cytaur
1) Mobile Howitzer
Rhino chassis, huge grenade launcher instead of particle beam cannon. As strong as Rhino, except delivering explosive ordnance over the OP walls.
(3) - Driver, Gunner, Passenger
5) Reconnaissance Wheeler
That red wheeler is no way can be used as artillery, instead of throwing those grenades, give the gunner ability to launch a drone some sort. Gunner shouldn't have wpw/rcl requirements because it won't be actual droning, but through that console on passenger side seat (look at the vehicle).
(2) - Driver, Gunner

an artilellery tank is a cool idea and i like it as much as a fusion cannon tank :)

on the second my i ask - why not RCL/WPW? this may acualy be a vhc for droners and the VHC may add some WPW and let it function like a rangeextender.

Psycho Killa
25-01-04, 21:37
We need an AOE type rhino if you ask me.

For attacking outposts or even defending.

Cytaur
26-01-04, 00:00
yeah fusion rhino would be nice

KramerTheWeird
26-01-04, 00:35
I was thinking of an idea to make the troop carrier similar to your battle fortress, however it would pretty much be the troop carrier, but carry two less people, and have an additional artillery mortar that's driver controlled like the turrets, as well as the machine gun.

Overall, decent ideas, I hope reakktor furthur improves on vehicle use. It would be nice to see vehicles used in every op fight.

GT_Rince
26-01-04, 16:57
I want a big 'ole mech like on the film, Alien. Climb inside and have different weapons... a flame thrower, and, and, and [takes breath] and other stuff :D

necrocon
26-01-04, 20:30
Bring em all we need lots of vehicles though these need some work still great thoughts :-p

I have yet to get hit by AV weapons dont need to though any monk can rock a vehicle to parts in mear seconds

Why do we need AV weapons since monks do so much damage to a vehicle?

MORE VEHICLES let us bomb the hell out of each other from a distance *soften up the foot soldiers* then run in for the kill

msdong
26-01-04, 21:04
talkin of mechs KK should look at their N-DEV friends websites.
here is a link to a cool model :)

http://www.polyzoom.com/images/pic_ch_walkerbot.jpg

fits perfect to NC

Cytaur
26-01-04, 22:32
nah it's easier to make new vehicles rather than whole new code for mech's

Nash_Brigham
26-01-04, 22:53
Well, one they could work on which would be cool would be the mech battle suit from Matrix Revolutions. I thought that thing was prtty kick ass mech to fight with. :D