View Full Version : Why, oh why, is my CR so low

stalked monkey
25-01-04, 05:17
So i'm at CRP caves today with this PPU, he says hes not getting any XP cause hes level 65/58 or something. I'm like 40/60, and killing everything in there fine, with his help. Not too easy, not hard at all really, didnt die once. Then this 60/54 apu comes in. I'm doing twice as much fucking damage as him. And yet now, the PPU is getting XP. Does anyone else see the problem with this?

I have 90 base str, and i think 112 with bonuses. Enough to use all h-c except Doom Beamer.
116 melee with bonuses, dont remember base. Enough to use Devils Grace.
143 or something H-C with bonuses.

I was doing 85 damage per Cs hit (x4 with the burst)

The APU was doing 216 damage per whatever hit, at a slower rate.

I consistantly got the loot from the mobs.

WHY, OH WHY, IS MY CR SO LOW!!!

t0tt3
25-01-04, 05:21
No brains = no good CR

Reroll to a smarter runner :p

Clyde
25-01-04, 05:22
i think the reason is because psis get more exp from teaming with psis than from teaming with tanks. Teaming with tanks only give little str/dex.

stalked monkey
25-01-04, 05:35
no, it doesnt have to do with that, i learned that early on. All classes get THEIR xp just the same no matter what the other class is. (Ie a tank doesnt get psi/int xp for grouping with a monk)

Besides, it wouldnt explain the insanely low CR anyway.

I perform perfectly well in op wars anyway, so I dont really care. But it pisses me off cause sometimes people wont let me into their teams cause they think i'm a noob... they dont even look at my overall rating.

gostly
25-01-04, 05:38
you cap dmg % on your cs? (178% is cap)...im pretty sure with a CR like 40, you dont...but the higher dmg % on the cs, and the more rof you have, the higher CR you will have

and just so ya know melee's get the lowest CR

ezza
25-01-04, 05:43
Originally posted by stalked monkey

I have 90 base str, and i think 112 with bonuses. Enough to use all h-c except Doom Beamer.
116 melee with bonuses, dont remember base. Enough to use Devils Grace.
143 or something H-C with bonuses.

looking that that you are a hybrid tank, so you want get the high rank, to get 58+/xx you need 200+ inheavy combat

stalked monkey
25-01-04, 05:58
@ghostly: Whoops, thats my bad. Was looking at the wrong stats. Sorry.

@ezza: But why does it need to be that way? People with that much h/c dont do much more damage than me anyway.
Look at hybrids. They cant do as much damage as their pure counterparts, but they can heal. I cant do quite so much damage as pure H-C, but melee kicks ass... nothing like leaping around a higher level tank taking little damage cause hes trying to shoot your legs... HHOOOOP!!! not there anymore bucko!!!

*edit
I think what I'm trying to get across is that why doesnt my CR match my actual combat ability. I lasted for like 3 minutes against a 58/ tank before he finally took me down.

ezza
25-01-04, 06:07
Originally posted by stalked monkey
@ghostly: Whoops, thats my bad. Was looking at the wrong stats. Sorry.

@ezza: But why does it need to be that way? People with that much h/c dont do much more damage than me anyway.
Look at hybrids. They cant do as much damage as their pure counterparts, but they can heal. I cant do quite so much damage as pure H-C, but melee kicks ass... nothing like leaping around a higher level tank taking little damage cause hes trying to shoot your legs... HHOOOOP!!! not there anymore bucko!!!

*edit
I think what I'm trying to get across is that why doesnt my CR match my actual combat ability. I lasted for like 3 minutes against a 58/ tank before he finally took me down. its based on the stats of your weapon, you need the damage stat to be at 178% and need the aiming on the weapon to be high, also the actual base stats effect it, so a CS with 120/120/120/120 will be beter than a weapon with stats of 110/110/110/110

Zanathos
25-01-04, 07:30
its still pretty stupid though for tanks.

I use a speed cannon that does just a little less damage then my liberator but fires slightly faster.

my combat rank is 42, on my PE with liberator, its 59.

Insane no?

Fuck man, a pistol user can get a star rank using a store bought weapon.

EVERY class can get a * with a store bought weapon, can a tank? NOOOOOOO.

its insane, you gotta use a doom beamer to get ** on a tank dont you? and its their best friggin weapon! if every other class uses their best weapon (meaning the highest TL one they can possibly use) they can get *** stars (except maybe a PE due to not enough combat skills to get that rank because of implant setup)

Fix this dammit

ezza
25-01-04, 14:07
Originally posted by Zanathos
its still pretty stupid though for tanks.

I use a speed cannon that does just a little less damage then my liberator but fires slightly faster.

my combat rank is 42, on my PE with liberator, its 59.

Insane no?

Fuck man, a pistol user can get a star rank using a store bought weapon.

EVERY class can get a * with a store bought weapon, can a tank? NOOOOOOO.

its insane, you gotta use a doom beamer to get ** on a tank dont you? and its their best friggin weapon! if every other class uses their best weapon (meaning the highest TL one they can possibly use) they can get *** stars (except maybe a PE due to not enough combat skills to get that rank because of implant setup)

Fix this dammit you can get 2 star with CS if you have PA on(as it gives you the aiming in the weapon to have the 2 star)or PPU buffs yup its sad i posted a thread asking for tanks to be given the ability to get 3 stars at the top end 3 Star Tank ranks (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88244)

Dade Murphey
25-01-04, 14:19
I never have understood why the most combat oriented class in the game has the LOWEST combat rank...they do more dmg/take more dmg (cept for maybe APU's)...and yet they still have the lowest rank...kinda dumb

Spex
25-01-04, 14:37
Originally posted by Clyde
i think the reason is because psis get more exp from teaming with psis than from teaming with tanks. Teaming with tanks only give little str/dex.

I really wonder where this rumor comes from. I've seen people leaving teams because of this ("I will get no xp from you guys anyway").

Anyway: give these tanks their 3 stars :D Personally I don't care about the rank except for epics and the leveling aspect. I rather look at the skill rank, and if I see a /60+ tank, I know I'm in deep trouble if he attacks me.

The combat ranking for monks is just stupid, I've seen monks with a ranking like 8X/3X, barely able to cast a rez :p

alig
25-01-04, 15:01
Ppl are always saying like "team with a monk for psi" as a pe when u get more psi xp if u team with a tank as a pe....and ppl always say "lower ur combat rank the better xp u get" well all fine and hunky doory but when the other 3 class's have got a rank that makes u feel like a 0/2 u dont get xp of anyone, u get it all from urself thats why ezza's thread should be accepted by kk and put in the fucking game.....when a proper spy pulls a FL they get 3 stars, why? :confused: spies = none combat in theory yet when a tank pulls a CS they get 2 stars if there lucky with, im pretty sure of this....30+ h-c than a spy has r-c.......KK WANT TO SPILL THE BEANS, THIS IS BULLSHIT, I WOULD LIKE A GOOD RANK ON MY BUGGED TANK WHICHEVER SIDE THAT MAY BE:mad: