PDA

View Full Version : lost loot

DonnyJepp
24-01-04, 21:08
KK I have to ask this one, it has cost me one warbot worth of loot too many:

When are you going to fix THE MIDNIGHT LOOT DISAPPEARING BUG? The one where all your kills in a zone disappear at midnight.

This one has cost me countless warbot hacks. It has cost me MC5 commander loot. I want it fixed.

D

Psyco Groupie
24-01-04, 21:16
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

ezza
24-01-04, 21:24
how about you stop hunting at midnight lost loot problem sorted;)

DonnyJepp
24-01-04, 21:31
Originally posted by ezza
how about you stop hunting at midnight lost loot problem sorted;)

Actually, I could set up an alarm clock to beep at me every time NC time approaches midnight...good idea Ezza.

ezza
24-01-04, 21:32
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
Actually, I could set up an alarm clock to beep at me every time NC time approaches midnight...good idea Ezza. sorted then, glad i could help:D

LTA
24-01-04, 21:56
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
KK I have to ask this one, it has cost me one warbot worth of loot too many:

When are you going to fix THE MIDNIGHT LOOT DISAPPEARING BUG? The one where all your kills in a zone disappear at midnight.

This one has cost me countless warbot hacks. It has cost me MC5 commander loot. I want it fixed.

D

lol
That just happened to me and my mc5 commander......pain in the ass that it dissapears the moment i decide to loot :/

Gotterdammerung
24-01-04, 22:45
In 2 years I have never heard of this bug nor have i ever had it happen to me.

Maybe you could open a ticket to report it and list it here

Miscellaneous Neocron Bugs (http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=31)

DonnyJepp
24-01-04, 23:40
I submitted an in-game ticket and you could move this thread to the bug forum if you like.

If you'd like to test the bug, kill a warbot (or any mob that doesn't disappear fast) at 23:59 in-game time, and instead of hacking it, just wait for the clock to hit midnight and you'll see the dead mob disappear. Any dead things waiting to be looted poof at 00:00:00 game time, without fail.

Hard to believe that it hasn't been noticed before because the circle of people I play with just refer to it as "that damn midnight bug" and everyone just assumes it's something we have to deal with.

D

/edit it's midnight on the 24:00 clock not noon, my bad.

SorkZmok
24-01-04, 23:48
Omg i had this bug so fucking often, but i never ever found out that it appears at midnight!

Thx a lot, next time im gonna wait a moment before i kill those 3 warbots. So they wont dissapear again right after i finally dropped the last one of em. :p

ZoneVortex
25-01-04, 00:23
midnight NC time?

the one where you pull the loot but it dissapears ?

-Demon-
25-01-04, 00:26
Gotter,

It's not as much a bug as a feature the whole zone resets when it hits 00:00 nc time.

Eg Warbot bodies or anything left in the zone.

Gungnir
25-01-04, 03:01
--

Well that's a new one ... though I dont see why it's needed. I'd
understand if mobs strayed after dead for minutes on end but, if
its only hackable mobs that stray around a while as other dispear
in a few seconds. What's the point axing them at 'midnight';
seems redundant.

Perhaps it's a failsafe.
--
Gungnir

Birkoff
25-01-04, 03:40
When the server syncs all not needed things dissaper i think. It happens at the same time as when everyone disapears for a second or to then appear again.

Ghard
25-01-04, 04:36
it is anoying, but tbh i never realised it hapened at midnight. i also noticed that some times mobs spawn as crouds is that a midnight thing as well?

Cruzbroker
25-01-04, 04:38
Also Missions fail at specific times. like uranus has i think 20:00 or so and saturn 05:00 etc. might be twice a day... I've reported..

StryfeX
25-01-04, 06:52
Here here. Fix the fuckin' bug already. This always used to cause me hell when I went WB hunting.

--Stryfe

DonnyJepp
25-01-04, 06:56
Yeah I give StryfeX all the credit for pointing out originally to me that it occurred at midnight in-game time. I just considered it the "dude where's my warbot?" bug before.