PDA

View Full Version : Slots.

Sorin
24-01-04, 09:37
Rare weapons. You only get one shot at building them. If you want to try again - well have fun spending 10 years collecting parts.

I've researched construction to death, I know how it works, so no lectures. Kthx.

If my constructor wasn't so integral to making myself stupidly rich building AT carriers, I'd delete his retarded ass right now.

99 Int and 85 Dex. CST 206. I capped all non rares a long ass time ago. Like summer. But what the hell use is having:

Blacksun: 1 x 5 slot, 3 x 4 slot
Holy Energy Barrel: 1 x 5 slot
All SMGs: 4 slot
Commando: 4 slot
Baseball Bat: 5 slot (okay, useless. But has coolness factor)
Blessed Heal: 5 slot
Holy Heal: 4 slot
Energy Beam: 4 slot
R-AS331 Raygun: 5 slot

when you can build those things all day and night until the cows come home. Simply make more blueprints and keep trying for good slots.

What's the point of being an uber constructor when your rares turn out like this:

Holy Paralysis: 5 slot, 3 slot (my, how useful! :rolleyes: )
Liberator: 1 slot, no slot, no slot
Judge: 1 slot
Ray of God: 3 slot (okay, pretty good. almost all artifact)
Holy Thunderstorm: no slot
Holy Lightning: no slot
Thunderstorm: no slot
Electric tempest: no slot (useless anyways. Included because it's a rare)
Redeemer: no slot
Antipoison Sanctum: 1 slot (don't need slots anyways)

Even though my constructor has been around since April or so, he's only built a dozen or so rare weapons. I've never been big on tech part collecting, because by the time I started collecting them, they had murdered the drop rate. This is my dismal output. As I said, I'd delete this retard right now if he wasn't my money tree.

Really rather frustrating. My little tradeskiller spy doesn't have factory access, otherwise I would have built my Holy Lightning tonight at one. Heard rumors of all kinds, among them being that factories help slot chances (fat chance. probably a myth), so I was desperate. But alas, I don't have the GRs tagged that had the factories set correctly. I've also heard rumors of a couple of uber constructors who are slot gods, and who all have similar implant setups and an odd as hell certain subskill pretty high. But I can't be arsed to go through all the lomming and implant changing.

At least some happiness came out of all this though. I was about to sell the Holy Lightning to Yo's when I thought I'd try to make someone happy. So I went to P1 outside medicare, sat on one of the benches and said "first person to come up and open trade gets a prize. open trade at your own risk." Turns out a low to mid level APU who had been having a shitty day was the first and only one to come up and trade me. Guess what, he got a free Holy Lightning (albeit no slots. But better than selling to Yo's I guess). So he was pretty happy. And I was happy to at least have made someone else happy. One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Anyways. Fuck rares. I've giving them to someone else to build from now on. Ghey.

Benjie
24-01-04, 09:41
*edit* sigh *edit*

And yeah, I think it would be cool if constructing a rare guaranteed 1 slot, but 3-5 where much harder to get. At least then you could use an ammo mod. no slot rares can be pretty worthless sometimes. (hell I've been given them by total strangers b4!)

\\Fényx//
24-01-04, 09:45
Originally posted by Benjie
I resent you using the word Ghay to describe crap. It obviously derived from Gay, and to describe something Bad as being Gay is Homophobic.

hell way to go about starting a flamefest shitflinging war :rolleyes:

nonamebrandeggs
24-01-04, 09:58
Originally posted by Benjie
Bad as being Gay is Homophobic.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RUN GAY PEOPLE?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

VetteroX
24-01-04, 10:40
One of the small easy things KK can do is to make rares hae at least 1 slot when built... i slot still sucks.. but AT LEAST its useable... easy fix, makes people happier... do it.

LTA
24-01-04, 11:37
They should make some buyable Rare Slot Enhancers

Like 1 slot Enahcement 100k
2slots or more 300k
3 slot or more 800k

I'd have said make em rare but meh don't want more parts in the pool

Mumblyfish
24-01-04, 11:40
You got hit by bad luck, it's part of the game, keeps weapons rare. It's good. On my constructor I made a string of 1/0 slot pistols, but did I complain? Hell no. Because right after that I made a 5-slot HAB and I remembered how much fun making rares was.

Oh, and your construction skill is FAR too high. Really. You're just being silly.

MjukisDjur
24-01-04, 12:01
Ask Xtro or Hagbard how to do it... They seem to have gotten the hang of it :P

WebShock
24-01-04, 12:04
dude, a no slottet holy lightning is still the pwn.
when you get a chance
get a apu and hit one of your friends with a all 120 HL and then hit him with a perfect.

the only thing that you will really notice is a change in the rate of fire.

i have a capped apu, i use a no slot HL for hunting and a all 120 for fights.

i wouldve gave you 2 million or something valuable for that spell.

because you find it crap doesnt mean that midlevel to capped apu will. keep stuff like that, there is always someone out there who needs one. you have no idea how hard it was for me to find a affordable HL when i was looking for a crap one to hunt with. I got the usual... gimme 7 mil plus a mc5 part for my all 120 HL and i just :lol:

seriously, capped chars look for spells like that for hunting or odd end leveling after a LOM or something,
Am I wrong or am i the only one who has 2 sets of weapons.. one for pvp and one for hunting? i thought this was a standard.

VetteroX
24-01-04, 12:53
I only carry my best weapons... often there is a need to kill someone while im hunting... what if someone dares to hunt wbs in the same zone Im in? Unacceptable... they must die, and then I must be ready for their counter attack... If your not at 100% you may as well not leave plaza.

Agent L
24-01-04, 17:41
I believe you don't know what youre talking about, Sorin.

1) Unfillable slots are very important, especially on meele weapons. 4-slotted bat or claw not only looks cool, but it degrades FEW TIMES slower than 1-2 slotter.

2)"99 Int and 85 Dex. CST 206" - Its a suicide, lom at least 40 cst.
keep in mind that :
overall cst = 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST

40$Poser
24-01-04, 17:44
Originally posted by LTA
They should make some buyable Rare Slot Enhancers

Like 1 slot Enahcement 100k
2slots or more 300k
3 slot or more 800k

I'd have said make em rare but meh don't want more parts in the pool

they wouldn't be rare then...

plus people would easily abuse that. Possibly make them drop from a cave mob at a somewhat low percentage or something. And you know slotenhancers are already in the rarepool... just they don't work on rares.

Melkior
24-01-04, 18:19
man....that is some serious bad luck...

LTA
24-01-04, 18:43
Originally posted by 40$Poser
they wouldn't be rare then...

plus people would easily abuse that. Possibly make them drop from a cave mob at a somewhat low percentage or something. And you know slotenhancers are already in the rarepool... just they don't work on rares.

No you misunderstand me

Slot enhancers for rares.

The prices are just an example you can make the high cost 5 mil or whatever depends how valuable the slots are to you and if your willing to spend the cash to be guarenteed a number of slots

NS_CHROME54
24-01-04, 18:53
per my experience the best setup is AS MUCH INT AND DEX AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET, coupled with 170-180 cst skill.

Xizor
24-01-04, 19:34
Stop whine.

Seriously as far as I know, when you have a CST skill over 150 it's LUCK, PURE LUCK.
So I guess you were just unlucky, it's annoying but, happens to all of us at some time.

greploco
24-01-04, 23:54
when I read about PE consters I thought it was about the stupidest thing I had ever heard of. But people swore up and down that they had very good luck with them.

I wondered about that, and I thought - what about strength? constructing raises it, maybe it plays a part as well. PEs have base 60 and Spys have base 40, that's certainly a difference.

so, I've taken to raiding the swamp caves looking for those strength and intelegence drugs that last like 10 minutes. I also buy every str, dex, and int drug that the store has to offer. basicly I drug up like .. like .. -- well, a whole lot and then I do batch jobs. I even have it timed right such that when some drug bars run down I know which drugs to take to renew them.

and yes - it does seem to help with slots.

also, the psi construct boost does seem to nerf slots for some reason. I've heard it from other people and that's been my experience as well. I do use the construct glove though and I also do try to find a friendly factory.

so that's my 2c, it's worked for me, maybe it will for you as well.

for more info, go see www.croncom.com if it's still up

Sorin
25-01-04, 06:00
@ Gotterdammerung and Benjie: Take some linguistics courses please, and learn about word evolution and ambiguity.

Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Oh, and your construction skill is FAR too high. Really. You're just being silly.

Yes, I am aware that stupidly high cst skill is useless for slots and quality. I have that skill because I hate failing and blowing up blueprints. I build high TL items in very large batches quite frequently. Researching and constructing so many items of such high TL is resource costing. Damn blueprints take far too much substance. The guy that decided to include substance needs to be shot.

But anyways, its for speed and success purposes. Much beyond 140-150 cst once you reach a high enough INT and DEX is useless for quality (and slots, but slots are tied to quality).

Originally posted by WebShock
i wouldve gave you 2 million or something valuable for that spell.

because you find it crap doesnt mean that midlevel to capped apu will. keep stuff like that, there is always someone out there who needs one. you have no idea how hard it was for me to find a affordable HL when i was looking for a crap one to hunt with.

Am I wrong or am i the only one who has 2 sets of weapons.. one for pvp and one for hunting? i thought this was a standard.

Yeah, I know what I probably could have gotten if I had decided to sell it or something. But I don't really care for that sort of thing. I've sold 4 slot blacksuns to nice people for 50k. Why? I don't give a shit. When I sell something, I tell the person to make me an offer. Whatever they say is what I accept. Because I don't care. I don't want to rob other players, but I'll sure as hell rob the ASG vendor blind when it comes to selling AT carriers ;) But yeah, I gave the spell away (happened to be to an APU) because I knew someone would love it. Just not me.

And I know a lot of people that have two sets of all their weapons. One set for PvP, one set for PvM. So it's not just you :)

Originally posted by Agent L
I believe you don't know what youre talking about, Sorin.

Eh. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Someone once said that assumption was the mother of all fuck ups.

Originally posted by Agent L
1) Unfillable slots are very important, especially on meele weapons. 4-slotted bat or claw not only looks cool, but it degrades FEW TIMES slower than 1-2 slotter.

2)"99 Int and 85 Dex. CST 206" - Its a suicide, lom at least 40 cst.
keep in mind that :
overall cst = 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST

Yes, I am well aware that more slots equals slower degradation. That 5 slot holy energy barrel has had the holy shit beat out of it since early summer and has only been repaired once. I lived in the graves for two weeks straight when my monk was hybrid earlier last year and went from base 84 psi to cap without that spell needing a repair even once. By the time I was done leveling it was only down to about 25-30%.

And the 5 slot holy paralysis has been used the crap out of in PvM for months and it's only lost a few % in condition. Yes, high slots is uber for weapon degradation. Or lack thereof as the case ends up being. My sacasm at high slots being useless on some spells was because I don't give a crap about degradation. For all intents and pursposes, I will never see any of my items degrade to 0% / 0%, ergo I don't really care that certain items have such high slots.

As for 2), I am well aware of the formula and as I stated in the beginning of my post, it is for speed and success reasons. If I only built a handful of things here and there and had access to factories and all that other crap, I would not have such high cst skill. But as I said before, my constructor works very long and very hard hours, as it were, so that high cst skill is extremely helpful.