PDA

View Full Version : Spells not casting?

Strieder
23-01-04, 23:45
I recently Lommed my APU to PPU, been having fun, but often while buffing, my spells wont take. Just casted Haz boost on myself about 10 times, and nothing happens, same with melee/spy..

Anyone know whats wrong?

DonnyJepp
23-01-04, 23:47
Sometimes the server/client get out of sync on spells, it is hard to avoid but generally a relog will take care of it.

rob444
23-01-04, 23:48
I get that to. I think it's related to the Alt+Tabs I do.

Birkoff
23-01-04, 23:48
ITs NC.... get used to it. They will disapear, take 10 casts to appear or jsut lokk liek they are but not cast in the end.

Will be sorted soon i hope :S

Strieder
24-01-04, 00:15
Ok, thanks :D

Carinth
24-01-04, 00:29
As a new ppu you may not be aware, but everyone hates us. Not just runners in the game, but the game itself : ) There are lots of bugs and little things that seemed designed just to piss us off.

1) For god knows what reason your spells will always fizzle if you are standing on a slope steep enough.
2) Your spells will sometimes go through the motions of casting a spell, but no effect icon will show up. This has a tendancy to happen when you're being shot at by everyone and their mother.
3) When you drag a spell from inventory to quickbelt, sometimes it doesn't actualy move. Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 drags before I can finnaly swap the spell in to use it.
4) If you switch to a spell before your psi pool has regenned enough to use it, you will not be able to cast that spell even when your pool does fill up. You will have to switch to another spell and back. Thus if you want to avoid this, you hafta only use number keys to switch spells and only switch spells when you have the psi to cast it.
5) PPU's can not runcast, maybe you can manage it with holy paralysis, but thats it. We can at best walk cast.
6) To make it worse, not only do we hafta walk/stand still to cast, we hafta stop, hit tab, swap spell, return if we want to use a spell not in our belt.
7) Shock damage is enough to give you a sl hit when the person dies, it seems to randomly varry how many shocks are required tho. Sometimes one shock is enough, others it takes 3 or 4. Typicly you shock every one of your opponents, so you get sl hits for 5 people, while your teamates only get sl hits for the ppl they specificly kill.
8) Due to our low dmg output missions are a pain in the ass to change faction symp or recover sl. Tradeskill missions are your best bet, but you hafta tie down a tradeskiller to help you.
9) Stacks of poison/fire will shove your buffs off the screen, thus giving you now warning when your shelter goes down.
10) Spells will always run out their duration nomatter what you do. You can not stop a spell early or replace it with a new one. This means you can be noob buffed and theres nothing you can do about it.
11) In order to be competative you need 3+ slots on the majority of your spells. Built weapons have fairly low base stats dependin on the TL. So slots are absolutely necessary to make the spells more reasonable.
12) PPU's spend more money then any other class, tradeskillers love us.
13) In order to be prepared for any given situation a ppu will need around 30 spells. only 7 or so of which will go in your quickbelt, and only 1 of those is protected.
14) If you die, then you have a 80% chance of dropping somethign that will make you go "f@#$@@#@%%!!! Sorry team I can't fight now, I'll be a lil while gettin a new spell." Thats right, one spell can remove you from combat. Nor can you afford to go back into combat with your imps popped out. So unlike for other classes, death actualy has a deterrant.
15) When you die you will most likely drop a 3+ slot spell/rare. You are happy when you *only* drop a booster spell3, which is about 50k. Not to mention if you happen to have a slotted one, which is worth even more. Never do we drop armor, though maybe pa might drop. Never do we drop a psi booster or a crappy crahn heal.
16) So basicly ppu's risk way more then anyone else in pvp.
17) We're also the hardest class to level.
18) A few patches ago you could say a ppu dies the least, not so now, and it will continue to become more prevalant with upcoming nerfs.
19) There is a class designed specificly to kill you.. Think about that..
20) Every other class gains exp for doing their job. PPU's gain exp for being in a team.
21) When your team wins, people congradulate themselves. When your team loses, it was your fault. Oh and btw you ruin pvp and make the game unfun for everyone.
22) Always remember that we are overpowered and/or overimportant, thus its fair to talk about weakning us until we're kittens, and then not addressing any of our problems.

PS. There's more! But I've done enough bitching here.

DonnyJepp
24-01-04, 00:36
4) If you switch to a spell before your psi pool has regenned enough to use it, you will not be able to cast that spell even when your pool does fill up. You will have to switch to another spell and back. Thus if you want to avoid this, you hafta only use number keys to switch spells and only switch spells when you have the psi to cast it.

yeah this one blows bad, I waste an attempt for nearly every successful rez.

P4mp3rk3
24-01-04, 00:40
lol Carinth, you scare me man, really!

hinch
24-01-04, 00:43
I agree with everything you say appart from this

Originally posted by Carinth

5) PPU's can not runcast, maybe you can manage it with holy paralysis, but thats it. We can at best walk cast.

I have no problem runcasting at all

Strieder
24-01-04, 00:45
sweet list :D :p