PDA

View Full Version : turrets missing ( announcement.. )

[TgR]KILLER
23-01-04, 17:13
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88440

had that to @ gravis.. kinda fucked up.. i placed my turrets so that they would actualy protect the OP 20 min later i come back and half the turrets just dissapeared.. without any mssg.. there goes a few 100K *p00f*

hope KK finds a fix soon :rolleyes:

Andronicus
23-01-04, 17:15
Yeah same thing happened to us at Mcphearson - Just out of curiosity - who were you defending the OP against at the time and what server?

Nidhogg
23-01-04, 17:17
Originally posted by Andronicus
Yeah same thing happened to us at Mcphearson - Just out of curiosity - who were you defending the OP against at the time and what server? I don't like where you're going with this. The disappearing turrets issue is a bug, nothing more.

N

[TgR]KILLER
23-01-04, 17:18
we weren't even defending the OP.. we took it from NDA ( on pluto ofcourse ) we had a small clash but we nuked em.. then it went silent and we placed the turrets.. 20 later i got back and turrets just dissapeard in the meenwhile.. wasn't nda who destroyed them because they attacked 1.5 hours later..

El Barto
23-01-04, 18:36
I am not sure if this is the reason for it all the time, but some (or all) of the time its cos the turrets attack each other. I have no idea why they do, but they do, and when one kills the other u get no warning, and I am not joking, it does happen. Some times the turrets lose the clan tag and when they are set to kill not clan they kill each other. Thats the reason I am prity sure, not sure if its the only reason though.

borl
23-01-04, 18:40
I remember this happening way back in beta. The turrets used to disappear if no player was within a certain distance from them after a while. IIRC it was fixed eventually, perhaps it has come back to haunt us :(

ezza
23-01-04, 18:41
Originally posted by Andronicus
Yeah same thing happened to us at Mcphearson - Just out of curiosity - who were you defending the OP against at the time and what server? onoz not gonna see hax0r accusations are we :lol:

Selendor
23-01-04, 19:00
McPherson has a particular problem at the moment in that a family of spiders has been set to spawn inside the op, making turrets kill each other.

But before that, I have planted turrets down and stood there for 5 minutes and then about 50% of them vanish. No one is attacking or anything. This was about 3 months ago I noticed it happening, so we generally have to revisit the op all the time to relay the minimun of defenses.

But since we're talking about turrets, don't get me started about the bugs in changing turret security - ie they don't always shoot your enemies if you put them to faction only :mad:

Omnituens
23-01-04, 20:35
when they fix this bug, i hope they stop them sliding about at the same time

CarniFlex
23-01-04, 22:52
you guys should go take simmons on saturn. it has one turret that always respawns after you killed it. its a lovely turret for whoever owns the op.