PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Ingame Real world time.

Shujin
23-01-04, 16:27
ive noticed almost every mmo i play even if rpg has a real world time along with ingame time clock

ffxi has a command and a window you can open to see it.

eve actually uses real world time so thats how it does it.
diablo / diablo 2 has realworld time you can view thru a command

so why none for nc?
just put a /worldtime command

speaking of time. 3 1/2 hrs left

Strych9
23-01-04, 16:49
This is the main reason I now play NC in a window- so I can see my computer's time while playing. Most convenient. Would love it if they were to put that in game.

metalangel
23-01-04, 17:12
I always have either my phone or my global time-travel clock to hand by my PC so I know what time it is.

shodanjr_gr
23-01-04, 17:16
Meh, i always turn to my PPC which is sitting nicely in its cradle when i wana see the time :)

sl33py
23-01-04, 17:18
use a little clock or a watch like i do?

you can even turn on an alarm with it to signal your bed time, appointment time, time to get ready for work/school

really handy

Glok
23-01-04, 17:19
I wear a watch... 8|

J. Folsom
23-01-04, 17:20
I just have a cheap 1 euro clock hanging in every room in my house. That way I always know the time.

I should probably just get a watch, but I always forget to put those on.

BramTops
23-01-04, 17:21
But how about using real-world date/time for ingame forum-posts, registration dates, etc...

The current values of ingame date/time just don't mean anything... Not usefull and can just as well be ommited...

Ralendil
23-01-04, 17:56
Originally posted by BramTops
But how about using real-world date/time for ingame forum-posts, registration dates, etc...

The current values of ingame date/time just don't mean anything... Not usefull and can just as well be ommited...

agree

moreover all announces use real-world date/time

nobody use the nc clock... the time goes too fast*....

* don't know if it is correct.. sorry I am not english :o

funkeymonkey
23-01-04, 18:15
Good idea. But wouldnt it be better if the neocron time was locked to gmt? It would be easier for people to know what time an event is on without having to work out time zone differences as everybody would be running off the same ingame time.

Lifewaster
23-01-04, 18:19
Originally posted by Ralendil
agree

moreover all announces use real-world date/time

nobody use the nc clock... the time goes too fast*....

* don't know if it is correct.. sorry I am not english :o

TOTALLY AGREE with this.

Please lose the incomprehensible forum dates/times and change things to real world time so you can actually tell when posts were made etc.

retr0n
23-01-04, 18:20
uber idea, 500 stars

//Radium