PDA

View Full Version : Random vehicle idea

Dribble Joy
23-01-04, 14:50
Ok, the idea of vehicle mods has been around for like... ever, but I can't remember if anyone has had the idea like this...

Basically, when the Vehicle is built, there is a chance, as with weapons, of slots.

In a slot you can place a mod, the usual, searchlights, additional armour, engine upgrades, lower cost of repair (improved construction techniques mean rep nanites work more efficiently.) Horns?

Maybe faction only upgrades? CA can get blue flashing lights and a black/white NCPD paint job. Mercs get camo job and bullbars. Pimp-moblie decor for TS, black paint job for BD, with flames down the sides.

Mods are expensive, people would build more than one, a money sink to help our bloated economy.

shodanjr_gr
23-01-04, 14:52
Hell yes!!!

I want mah customized nitro boosted turbo reveler!!!!!!!

phunqe
23-01-04, 14:58
Would be really cool.
If would give racing a fresh new start :p

I think VHC should actually make a difference to the speed of the vehicle. If you just have basic reqs in VHC, the vehicle will run as usual... But if you have more, then things would start to happen :D

Could be cool if people started doing racing chars lol...

metalangel
23-01-04, 15:03
Headlights are needed anyway.

I miss the bug where you'd have a headlight effect if you pulled out your flashlight and then got in, the beam of light would still shine just ahead of you. Made it easier to avoid falling into the swamp by Regant, at least.

And on the topic of vehicles, how about fixing the game world to remove TREES AND BUILDINGS from the middle of the roads? There's one T-junction with sheer cliffs all around it by TH, and there's a tree right in the middle! WTF?

SorkZmok
23-01-04, 15:32
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Ok, the idea of vehicle mods has been around for like... ever, but I can't remember if anyone has had the idea like this...

Basically, when the Vehicle is built, there is a chance, as with weapons, of slots.

In a slot you can place a mod, the usual, searchlights, additional armour, engine upgrades, lower cost of repair (improved construction techniques mean rep nanites work more efficiently.) Horns?

Maybe faction only upgrades? CA can get blue flashing lights and a black/white NCPD paint job. Mercs get camo job and bullbars. Pimp-moblie decor for TS, black paint job for BD, with flames down the sides.

Mods are expensive, people would build more than one, a money sink to help our bloated economy.

sex!

erm, great ideas!
I would love to be abled to mod my own car. That would be so fucking cool.

necrocon
23-01-04, 17:13
Erm SEX I like it all and have been asking about such before just not on here in game on pluto dammit forgot about making a post here good job :-0

Poison gas missiles on my trike mmmm

uhh yeah SEX

El Barto
23-01-04, 18:38
I love the idea. :) :) :cool:

Jest
23-01-04, 18:42
Slotted vehicles have been brought up many times but thats the first time Ive heard any one mention customized colors and such, would definitely be cool. Actually, wouldnt even have to be slotted. Maybe you could drive up to a "Rokkwear for vehicles" and change the color of it right there. :p

stalked monkey
23-01-04, 20:08
Mwahaharararhackcoughcough

I still just want a frikken trunk.

And headlights are always good.

But those should be standard.

Mods should be weapon/armor/speed/turning only
Color would require massive downloadage. Perhaps make it optional?

I want an Artifact Enhanced Enlarged Speedy Ultimated Poison-gas Rhino!!!!

VVerevvolf
23-01-04, 20:16
This idea rocks!! :cool:

Sheltem
23-01-04, 23:30
Nice nice. KK do it.

shodanjr_gr
23-01-04, 23:37
Originally posted by Jest
Slotted vehicles have been brought up many times but thats the first time Ive heard any one mention customized colors and such, would definitely be cool. Actually, wouldnt even have to be slotted. Maybe you could drive up to a "Rokkwear for vehicles" and change the color of it right there. :p

It SHOULD be slotted. And mods should cost a lot. So all naive and way too rich players go and get super custom moded vehicles.

There, moneysinks anyone?

Jake Cutter
23-01-04, 23:46
Great idea, DJ...I like it.

I also have an additional idea.

The ability to change the main weapon, from the standard one, to:

Lasercannon .... Plasma Wave .... Raygun Cannon .... Rocket Launcher .... Fusion Cannon.

And as mentioned earlier...a hefty price tag for this feature.

Changing vehicle colors....camouflage would be cool. Changeable skins...desert camo for the deserts... and the "I brake for warbots" bumpersticker on the Rhino :p

And oh yeah, we still want on-vehicle storage! (trunks)

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Birkoff
23-01-04, 23:52
yes, yes, yes ,yes, etc

Only if they did it they would HAVE to lwoer the sell back price for vehicles. Other wise you make a shit load of money while trying to get ur set of vehicles your bound to lose in the end. :-/