PDA

View Full Version : Apu spell random damage

Finl
23-01-04, 10:42
Why is it like that nowdays? a bug, feature or just a kk new uber add to the game or what?...its pretty sad when 30/30 mob can take sometimes 3-4 hit from hl, all so it seems that rare's are more effected to random damage then normal spells like energy halo or energy beam.

Nash_Brigham
23-01-04, 10:43
Probably because if the damage was more consistant those who use guns would probably complain about their targetting recticle or something like that.

Archeus
23-01-04, 10:56
Random damage is intentional. If I was to take a guess it is to make the APU's a reasonable fighting character.

For example, APU defenses suck (leave PPU out of it please). So any good PvP player will know how much each weapon does in relation to them. with the APU that is not constant, you have a rough guess the average but at the same time the APU has a chance of frying you in one shot. So you are not sure how much damge you can take (but you do know they will drop fast enough)

its pretty sad when 30/30 mob can take sometimes 3-4 hit from hl,

That is more likely due to sever lag. If you don't spam the spell the server will tend to correct it.

Finl
23-01-04, 11:12
well, it never happen with energy beam.

MjukisDjur
23-01-04, 12:11
All sort of random damage is anoying. Remove the damn thing allready or make the range more narrow.

Hitting a mob with a FA and 80 30 30 30 30 show up is plain silly...

Finl
23-01-04, 13:01
oh yeah, and try hit warbot and warbot titan with FA, cast full stacs with fa to warbot and u make damage like 280 and try the same thing to titan / you make around 330 damage / whats with that? :)

edit> or just keep casting and max damage u can make a in tic is 280 to wb and 330 to wb titan or so

El Barto
23-01-04, 13:45
Not really random, about 80% of the time when you get hit you will take about the same ammount of damage each time, just about 20% of the time it will go random

bling
23-01-04, 13:49
err No El Barto :)

its random dmg like 60%

Nash_Brigham
23-01-04, 13:50
Originally posted by El Barto
Not really random, about 80% of the time when you get hit you will take about the same ammount of damage each time, just about 20% of the time it will go random Considering the damage range of my store bought holy halo is anywhere from 65 to 180 against launcher cyclops, I would have to say the damage range is pretty well damn random.

Mister T
23-01-04, 15:46
The random effect of the damage is definately too much in my opinion ! :(

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 17:57
Intentional.

Btw before random damage patch, we dealt less damage overall IMO.

I COULD be wrong though..

J. Folsom
23-01-04, 17:59
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Intentional.

Btw before random damage patch, we dealt less damage overall IMO.

I COULD be wrong though.. Average damage is still the same actually*, though if you're lucky you might end up with higher damage then before.

*Based on fully capped HL pre-random damage, and then the average of around 50 shots post-random damage.

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 18:01
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Average damage is still the same actually*, though if you're lucky you might end up with higher damage then before.

*Based on fully capped HL pre-random damage, and then the average of around 50 shots post-random damage.

I don't know.

I remember taking 10-11 hits to kill tanks before random damage patch.

[TgR]KILLER
23-01-04, 18:03
yea sometimes its random like hell.. with my energy beam in chaos caves i do 50 to 250 dmg to the 70/70 mobs :/

funkeymonkey
23-01-04, 18:05
When i hit a mob i see random dmg but others see a constant dmg. Its the same for my mate, when i see him hit a wb it does constantly the same amount of dmg but to him its doing random dmg. Does random dmg really exist for pvm?

Im pretty sure it does exist for pvp though. To test it hit some 1 then get them to tell u how much health they have left, then do that a few times.

Im glad theres random dmg, sometimes you get lucky and do a lot of dmg with a few hits, when your an apu catching somebody off guard (like an unbuffed ppu) thats very helpfull.

Morganth
23-01-04, 18:27
Originally posted by funkeymonkey
When i hit a mob i see random dmg but others see a constant dmg. Its the same for my mate, when i see him hit a wb it does constantly the same amount of dmg but to him its doing random dmg. Does random dmg really exist for pvm?

Im pretty sure it does exist for pvp though. To test it hit some 1 then get them to tell u how much health they have left, then do that a few times.

Im glad theres random dmg, sometimes you get lucky and do a lot of dmg with a few hits, when your an apu catching somebody off guard (like an unbuffed ppu) thats very helpfull.

I've noticed that quite a lot. It may just be the server adding up al the damage and showing it to you in healthy chunks to reduce lag. Or it might not be, I don't know lol.