PDA

View Full Version : [idea] - Stimpacks

Cytaur
23-01-04, 09:38
Right now we have medikits that are bulky and take time to heal, how about stimpacks that directly deliver healing chemicals in your bloodstream ? They would work just like psi/stamina boosters but not instant, half the speed of crahn holy heal, which is faster than TL3 heal and definately than a medikit. Downside of that, since stimpack has powerful "chemicals", you'll get drug haze/impaired walking (prevents abusing them in pvp). Perhaps if impairment isnt enough, then after using x amount of stimpacks within y time frame, person gets a strong poison counter (overdose).

t0rqu3
23-01-04, 09:42
If you got haze I do not understand the point of them, if it wasn't in mid-combat, you'd use spells/etc. If it was, why would you use one and heal, then risk dying even faster with haze on?

I don't understand the reason for them.

Cytaur
23-01-04, 09:45
It would be faster healing than medikits, but haze is to prevent the abuse, of taking for example 20 of those and go fight.

slaughteruall
23-01-04, 09:45
Also make them non cloneable to give a money sink and to give more business to resser's/ CST'ers. But i think the speed you are referring to is to fast. Maybe a non capped or close to capped Blessed heal. Since they could be combined with a basic heal (minus PURE APU's).

Slaughter

t0rqu3
23-01-04, 09:48
So are you saying you would experience haze after taking more than a few, or even after taking one?

If you would experience haze after one I think they would be worthless, in my opinion.

Matthew.v.smith
23-01-04, 13:17
Or for a good "description" when u take to many the Adrenalin rush is too much for your body causeing Distorted vision and lack of balance for several mins.

Good bad ugly?

Matty.:angel:

Lucjan
23-01-04, 13:39
I really like the idea, but not on a holy heal level. Holy heal is just way too fast, a stimpack should heal at a rate slightly lower then blessed heal. Otherwise you would have to introduce side effects after the first use to prevent inbalancing PvP and that would rob the sense of stimpacks.

El Barto
23-01-04, 13:41
Its a good idea, drug haze would be okj if you took to many, but the poison effect would be ok as well, I think it should be one of the other.

Devils Grace
23-01-04, 17:58
NO

and u should leave SWG thingys there
not bring them here

[TgR]KILLER
23-01-04, 18:13
stimpacks aint SWG their Fallout :p

but yea.. i think with a haze after 1 they are useless..

u run around a corner.. grims shoots u.. your almost dead u dive behind the corner use a stim... grimmy comes around the corner.. u got a haze can't run away.. grim nukes ya dead lil runner...

Devils Grace
23-01-04, 19:26
i dont know if they are fallout or not but i know they are SWG thingy

gg no re nib

juvestar15
23-01-04, 20:15
Stimpacks are SWG.

:)

Cytaur
23-01-04, 20:20
I actually was thinking about Fallout when I posted this o_O If you like SWG that much, then go play it :)

\\Fényx//
23-01-04, 20:21
Fallout is about 8+ Years old now so Fallout > SWG

Fallout had stimpacks, SWG just copied that

J. Folsom
23-01-04, 21:14
We should have Super Stimpacks too! Which do some damage a while after you've used them.

Then, I can finally kill Reeza by using a whole bunch of Super Stims on him and waiting an hour.
And then, while I escape Neocron (Which is about to explode due to Reeza dieing), I must battle a humongous tank with an even larger Gatling Cannon! But I'll kill him because I hack his turrets before hand, and then repeatedly shoot him in the eyes!

And before you know it, I get screens with all kinds of consequences of my actions before I did all that final stuff.

:p

---

Anyway, enough Fallout 2 references, it's a nice idea, though there needs to be some limiting factor on them, otherwise they'll be overpowered.

Anyway, giving them Drug Haze sunds funky enough, especially with how drug haze stacks...

t0rqu3
24-01-04, 00:11
nevermind.

TheGreatMilenko
24-01-04, 00:16
SC owns u all muwhahahahaha i played that thing forever

Benjie
24-01-04, 00:19
Yes, but only because fallout had it.

Also I want Rad-X and Rad Away