PDA

View Full Version : Monkacron? Nope. Tankacron? Nope. PEacron? Nope. It's............

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 01:08
CLONE-A-CRON!

YAY!

Not. Does anybody else think that something needs be done about clone wars? Oops I mean op wars. When I go to an op war, I see 5000000000 monks. AND THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. Either a blue color, or a nasty brown color. I mean come on. Doesn't anyone else get tired of that? The only chars I see that have variety are tanks, and that's because alot of tanks think PA sux so they don't wear it. :p

Wouldn't it be cool if there was SOME WAY to customize our pa? Or at least picking from a set of colors, since some people don't want to see PINK pa, and use that as an excuse to say NO to coloring pas :rolleyes:.

Or what about turning off the visual for PA? I'd LOVE that so much. I'd LOVE to retain my natural avatar look, with black coloring. I'm sure lots of pes would love to get the benefits of PE pa without looking like a lobster. Or lots of apus would love to turn off visual for their PA, so they don't look like they came out of a drom's butt.

What do you guys think? Is anyone else tired of clone-a-cron?

Benjie
23-01-04, 01:19
it's a bad idea.

what you don't know is it works wonders for increasing the fps.

If everybody had a different skin your FPS would drop by about 10.

robinitnow
23-01-04, 01:20
then make new skins the you have a week befor the comp ends.

Mirco
23-01-04, 01:22
I tried the endless ages trial for a few days. In EA all armor change your appearence. From helmet to boots. I would like it alot if NC had something of the sort. I didnt think much of it all this time I have played NC, but after trying EA I keep thinking about it quite often. I dont expect to see anything like this in NC anytime soon, but some more customisation would be sweet. Not just for monks, but for all classes. Imagine going all predator on your PE PA with drom skulls as shoulderpads and Shadow Dancers teeth as eyebrows around your helmets glasses :D.

All you PA wearing APUs should get together. Buy a huge, huge vehicle on belts, go collect drones and start selling them to farmers in the desert.

ino
23-01-04, 01:25
yeah all PA's should be customable.. dont have to change the color but some diff head/chest/legs and boots look would be nice.

if that isnt doable then just make faction pa's with no extra bonuses.. different colors for diff factions and witht the faction logo on the back.. this has been said before but think its nice to be able to see wich factions ppl come from by the pa's.

Benjie
23-01-04, 01:28
Originally posted by Benjie
it's a bad idea.
for fuck sake did you not here me? Frames per second is pretty shitty in outpost wars as it is, if everybody looked completely different you could forget parashock, you would have FramesPerSecondShock! I say again, it's a bad idea.

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 01:31
Originally posted by Benjie
for fuck sake did you not here me? Frames per second is pretty shitty in outpost wars as it is, if everybody looked completely different you could forget parashock, you would have FramesPerSecondShock! I say again, it's a bad idea.

Then what about before people had pa? :rolleyes:

Benjie
23-01-04, 01:32
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Then what about before people had pa? :rolleyes:
fps sucked more than it does now.

Don't you roll your eyes at me mister! :)

retr0n
23-01-04, 01:37
Picking a color would not have any effect on fps... i mean why would it?
If blue/brown doesnt effect it then why would red/black do?

//Radium

Omnituens
23-01-04, 02:02
the endless ages armoUr system was excellent

i played Human male, i would still play if i could afford 2 MMOs

shame you cant upload your own custom skins for PA and playermodel

1 i cant get at the textures
2 KK probably wont introduce custom appearances.

Jest
23-01-04, 02:05
Which is one of the main reasons I don't wear PA on my PE. (Not the only reason).

I wish I didn't have to wear it on my PPU but with my setup I need it to badly. :(

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 02:12
Originally posted by Jest

I wish I didn't have to wear it on my PPU but with my setup I need it to badly. :(

Yea me too. Without pa my apu has gimp damage AND mega gimp mana.

I can take one or the other, but both ffs?

Bah.

I'd love to not wear pa.

Morris
23-01-04, 02:14
My goal is to one day have all of my characters wearing and needing no PA. A lowtech PE can do OK with no PA, so I'm considering lomming my PE to lowtech Pain Easer/hovertec sniper. Tanks don't really need PA, some wear it but mine doesn't since I prefer to have good poison.

The only thing left is my spy. I've tried to come up with a good no-PA spy, but even drugging to the gills the offense and defense loss is nowhere near worth it (I could compromise and wear the rad suit, but meh :p).

rob444
23-01-04, 02:16
Originally posted by retr0n
Picking a color would not have any effect on fps... i mean why would it?
If blue/brown doesnt effect it then why would red/black do?

//Radium

It's true, a color doesnt affect the FPS more than another color, thats just fantasy...

Colt Starling
23-01-04, 02:17
is it jusy me or does the PE PA look like a teenage mutant ninja turtle?

Magnazan
23-01-04, 02:27
You do realise you can change the colour of your PA.... although its still the same model but its nice to be slightly different.

40$Poser
23-01-04, 02:33
Originally posted by Colt Starling
is it jusy me or does the PE PA look like a teenage mutant ninja turtle?

you are correct, TURTLE POWERSDkljaslkdjasd

REMUS
23-01-04, 02:36
in a few years when doy comes out monks will be able to wear sexy underwear and dress's as well as fashionable cloaks designer jeans and have gold teeth fitted.

oh the wonders of DOY.............

40$Poser
23-01-04, 02:45
some of the best skins in game are unattainable by players. The MB guards are kinda cool, but the crahn abbey guards are pretty awesome looking. Hopefully with DoY there will be definetly some new skins for players to choose from.

Glok
23-01-04, 02:50
Monkacron? Nope.Umm wait.
When I go to an op war, I see 5000000000 monks.That is fucking monkocron you dolt. Cloneacron? Smokescreen. :wtf:

ezza
23-01-04, 03:25
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/onozlookatdamonkz.jpg

nope its still monkocron:rolleyes:

(piccy taken 2 days ago on pluto)

FirestarXL
23-01-04, 04:06
http://xlcorp.net/images/monkocron01.jpg

Yes, monk-o-cron is indeed alive and well. This shot taken about a week ago.

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 04:25
YES YES YES YES

I know it's monkacron, I was just trying to make a point. Thanks for focusing on the wrong thing. :rolleyes:

Jest
23-01-04, 04:26
Its monkacloneacron. :p

Tycho C
23-01-04, 04:29
FPS would drop because PA's have fewer Polies than regular models.... Right :confused:

I'd still rather have it show nothing at all, or make it customizable.

TheEnemy
23-01-04, 04:32
Wow, I guess there is no doubt about which class is most overpowered now

http://members.optusnet.com.au/aje/neocron/monkeycron.jpg

ezza
23-01-04, 13:02
YES YES YES YES

I know it's monkacron, I was just trying to make a point. Thanks for focusing on the wrong thing. :rolleyes: hadnt realised there was a point fugured it was spammish type thread:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vampire222
23-01-04, 13:04
Oops I mean op wars. When I go to an op war, I see 5000000000 monks. AND THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. Either a blue color, or a nasty brown color. I mean come on.

How about the fucking annoying red and yellow ones.... nuff said

SorkZmok
23-01-04, 13:08
I think it would be enough if the PAs could be designed different for each faction.
Like some variations of the faction tag and possibly also slight color changes.
Otherwise it would be chaos i guess. And that factionthing would be enough to make PAs look cool and fighting clans different enough to know whos on which team without trying to read the name and clantag in the middle of a fight.

/edit
About that 5000000 monks in the same clothes. Its not always bad not to look different...
Most of my time im the only spy at an opwar frontline. And ppl love to go for me first somehow. I think its cause ppl still think "spy = easy target". Too bad thats oh so true when some apus and a tank or two got that idea at the same time. :p

ezza
23-01-04, 13:09
i dont think they should of taken the colours from the tank PA's i like the whilte/blue/gold colours

it might just become camocron if there decent armour

Babes
23-01-04, 13:10
Originally posted by TheEnemy
Wow, I guess there is no doubt about which class is most overpowered now

http://members.optusnet.com.au/aje/neocron/monkeycron.jpg

That looks like a Chaos Cave leveling Team not an OP war team to me....thats the Caves at CRP

:)

Matthew.v.smith
23-01-04, 13:13
IMO either have a Right click option to select "Show PA" or just let us colour our Pa :D

Or we could buy "inviso PA" that doesent affect the Avatar.

ya?

Matty.:angel:

djskum
23-01-04, 13:14
Originally posted by SorkZmok
I think it would be enough if the PAs could be designed different for each faction.
Like some variations of the faction tag and possibly also slight color changes.
Otherwise it would be chaos i guess. And that factionthing would be enough to make PAs look cool and fighting clans different enough to know whos on which team without trying to read the name and clantag in the middle of a fight.

Fantastic idea! Would make OP wars alot easier! Also you'd wear your PA withh pride!

Yeah I like that alot mate!

DjSKum

Leebzie
23-01-04, 13:19
Was thinking the other day, as we have custom Av's , how about when we wear our PA , that can be customised too, just like our normal bodies

Colour and Model. (Different helms , bodies , etc) because we need to be unique again !

The only thing im not keen on is looking unarmored when you have a powersuit of some sort on...just really, irritates me when I see 5 bits of gear on, but just one of them visible O_o (and thats only when ur at PA level)

And whats wrong with Pink PA :p

Al3X
23-01-04, 13:37
went to viper grave a few days ago with my rifle-kami spy...
i arrived, and there were like 6 apu monks and a ppu...
i asked "lo, mind if i joined the team?"
and they responded like: "WAHAHAHAAHAHAAH ITS A SPY WAHAHAAHA HBAHAHAHAAHAH WAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AAAAAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHA"

:rolleyes:

think that sais enough :(

back on topic: everyone should look unique in a few... its really annoying running around in an pepperpark and only seeing monks monks monks (either blue or red :/ ) and SOMETIMES a tank or pe... in op fights its even worse.. its either blue or red :/

metalangel
23-01-04, 14:19
It makes it a little annoying, but then, you take everyone's armour off, and what do you get? 20 goatee'd male tanks in either the grey or orange-stripe shirt, 20 of the really pale male monks... ho hum.

That's what I like about the goth chick skin, nobody else seems to use it. Unfortunately, PEs have the most diverse set of character graphics, and yet I think they're probably the least common class.

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 18:00
Originally posted by ezza
hadnt realised there was a point fugured it was spammish type thread:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How the fuck is this spammish? It has a point, if you don't have anything to add then get out. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
IMO either have a Right click option to select "Show PA" or just let us colour our Pa :D

Or we could buy "inviso PA" that doesent affect the Avatar.

ya?

Matty.:angel:

Yes absolutely. This or the faction specific PA idea.

But I really prefer the option to not show PA. I would sooo love that option. :(

ezza
23-01-04, 18:03
How the fuck is this spammish? It has a point, if you don't have anything to add then get out. :rolleyes:

just in case you missed my second post
i dont think they should of taken the colours from the tank PA's i like the whilte/blue/gold colours
hate to think i was spamming on your thread:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

see i did say something relating to the thread k thanks

J. Folsom
23-01-04, 18:05
I prefer the term Genericron, it rolls off the tongue better.

[image removed, post size reducal]

nope its still monkocron:rolleyes:

(piccy taken 2 days ago on pluto)There's a spy there! And a big fugly tank smack in the middle :p

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 18:06
just in case you missed my second post
hate to think i was spamming on your thread:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

see i did say something relating to the thread k thanks

You shouldn't have made that silly statement in the first place.

ezza
23-01-04, 18:06
Originally posted by J. Folsom
I prefer the term Genericron, it rolls off the tongue better.

There's a spy there! And a big fugly tank smack in the middle :p hey that tanks me:(

im just going against the grain, wont catch me looking like a monk

Edit: ill make what ever fucking comment i like

Shadow Dancer
23-01-04, 18:07

Edit: ill make what ever fucking comment i like

So basically when you said this was a spammish thread you were just trolling and looking for flames then, right?

ezza
23-01-04, 18:27
So basically when you said this was a spammish thread you were just trolling and looking for flames then, right?

:rolleyes: yeah sure why not:rolleyes:

it was little complaining turds who got the colours of the PA removed, saying cos the tanks looked like teletubbies and smurfs etc let to the boring colours we see today

[F6]Knight
23-01-04, 18:33
Originally posted by Mirco
All you PA wearing APUs should get together. Buy a huge, huge vehicle on belts, go collect drones and start selling them to farmers in the desert.

someone s been watching too much star wars ^^

just a reminder ... we are NOT freaking jawas ...
we dont drive around in a jawa sandcrawler http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/sandcrawler/img/movie_bg.jpg
and we dont sell drones :p
http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/jawa/img/movie_bg.jpg

altough ... the resemblance is remarkable :D
be gone u jawa wannabee ppu's. only brown apu's are true jawas :)

ezza
23-01-04, 18:34
omg that pics monkocron err sorry cloneacron:rolleyes:

Jest
23-01-04, 18:40
All the jawas were APUs. :eek:

ezza
23-01-04, 18:43
Originally posted by Jest
All the jawas were APUs. :eek: no wonder they got owned so much, they didnt have a PPU stuffed up there ass