PDA

View Full Version : NeoLauncher PRO 2.15.194 released!!!

BramTops
23-01-04, 00:55
Here's the next much awaited version of your NeoLauncher PRO :D :

Updates include (over version 2.10.194):

- New graphics for PSI-monk and NCPD power armors (Spy comming soon)
- New graphics for bat-queen implants
- New graphics for some small items (unidentified rares, identified rares, rotten/deseased flesh)
- New graphics for protection belts (update over previous version includes different looking versions (for light/medium/heavy) and less colourful to better suit ingame atmosphere)
- New ingame mini/sector maps for Neocron city (numbers now actually say what sector you are going to, HQ's are shown, etc..)

And as always:
- Neocron Launcher website update with just-to-many-features ;)
- Enhanced crosshair
- Enhanced worldmap (v3)
- Complete un-install option (except for graphics update)

DO READ THE LICENSE AGREEMENT BEFORE INSTALLING (DISPLAYED IN INSTALLER) !!! Shows information you're going to ask in here anywayz... :)

Get the new version at http://www.creITive.com/neocron

Comments are always welcome!

(please install on a fresh neocron installation (previous versions of NLpro are fine though) to prevent any problems with the "enhanced graphics"-update.. thanks)

Psyco Groupie
23-01-04, 01:00
eeek .. file i downloaded was corrupt .. will retry

*edit retrying to another directory produced same result

Benjie
23-01-04, 01:03
I will use the next version with 100% complete uninstall kthanxbye

*edit below*
wtf?

Psyco Groupie
23-01-04, 01:05
dont download it and see if the executable actually runs will you .. christ you suck

MrBiggles
23-01-04, 01:18
So for us few newbies who don't use the software and tried to go to the website to get info, what does this program do exactly?

Psyco Groupie
23-01-04, 01:43
The main change in the webpage that loads up inside NC launcher ... after you sign up it'll tell you whos on your server (albeit who uses NCLP) and other fun stuff.

Other additions include graphical updates which make neocron alot 'nicer' to play

give it a whirl :)

BramTops
23-01-04, 14:16
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
eeek .. file i downloaded was corrupt .. will retry

*edit retrying to another directory produced same result

you were downloading it while i was still uploading.... ;)

just try again

BramTops
23-01-04, 14:18
Originally posted by Benjie
I will use the next version with 100% complete uninstall kthanxbye

*edit below*
wtf?

hmmm.... there's an 100% complete uninstall feature, as long as you dont install the enhanced graphics update :)

due to the nature of this update (it's actually installed IN your Neocron files) it can not be removed. Except by a reinstallation of the affected files... :)

But trust me/us, you dont want to remove this baby! :)

Jeros82
23-01-04, 14:23
Way to go Bram, i'll download it and use it as soon as possible.

Keep up the good work ;-)

BramTops
23-01-04, 15:50
w00t... check my new sig.... :D

(it's updated every 10 minutes....)

t0tt3
23-01-04, 16:15
Nice BramTops

Pick a new sound next time that doesnt suck you brains out :D
"when you install"

BramTops
23-01-04, 16:19
Originally posted by t0tt3
Nice BramTops

Pick a new sound next time that doesnt suck you brains out :D
"when you install"
You can click on the splash-screen to make it go away... ;)
Applies for both splash screens even! (installer and when starting NLpro)

t0tt3
23-01-04, 16:20
Why make it go away just make it cooler :p

Stigmata
23-01-04, 17:22
i will be installing this when i get home

DonnyJepp
23-01-04, 17:44
It's buggy.

Turns all my belts into other...things. One of them looks like a trip-mine with spells next to it, the other looks like half a fusion cannon.

The last version did this too, I have to start with the normal launcher.

/edit it gave an install error also, but finished out.

BramTops
23-01-04, 17:57
Hmmm... still some people has that problem... crap.

More details DonnyJep pls. What installer error? Clean NC installation? etc...

Myrlin
23-01-04, 20:35
Bram when you copy in the new graphics, why don't you first rename the old graphics with a .bak extension so you can provide a 100% complete uninstall (by deleting the new graphics and renaming the old ones from .bak)?

BramTops
26-01-04, 14:17
Originally posted by Myrlin
Bram when you copy in the new graphics, why don't you first rename the old graphics with a .bak extension so you can provide a 100% complete uninstall (by deleting the new graphics and renaming the old ones from .bak)?

(sorry for late reply.. i've been away for the weekend)

This is very interesting....

*bangs on head for not having thought of this myself*

I'll if it's possible!

Prodigious
26-01-04, 14:56
i get an error enabling service 1 when i start up neo launcher pro, that doesnt sound good, especially when the window it appears in is entitled "item GFX" :(

hmmz, well have to see what its like when i start up

BramTops
26-01-04, 17:51
I saw someone mentioning that this tool can only be uninstalled by re-installing the entire OS from scratch... If it wouldn't be so sad, I'd laugh.... :(

Guess not everything is clear to everyone, so I'll give it a try. Here are some FACTS:

- NeoLauncher PRO is a tool that replaces your Launcher website with a (by far :D) more nicer website.

- When installing this, you can select some EXTRA features to be installed.

- All of these features (and NLpro itself) can be un-installed with the "uninstall NeoLauncherPRO.exe" that's in your Neocron directory.

- Except one, and here's where some people are having problems, the "enhanced graphics" feature. This feature installs new graphics INSIDE NC's graphics files (using ItemGFX) and can therefore not be uninstalled (you'll need the original files/configurations - hence: reinstall NC).

- The "enhanced graphics" feature is known to screw up some graphics with *some* runners. Atm, I have no sollution or something that's causing this. A re-install of NC and NLpro usually fixes the problems!!!

- The "enhanced graphics" feature requires DirectX 9 to be installed!

- And to be really clear on this: NeoLauncher PRO will never wreck your OS installation, affect your original Neocron account or do *anything* that can not be fixed easily (worst case scenario: re-install of Neocron and that's only when things go really wrong with the "enhanced graphics" feature - which is STILL UNCOMMON! Plenty of people are using this WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!!!)

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Bram