PDA

View Full Version : What's the big deal about copbot rifles?

ZoneVortex
22-01-04, 17:54
Why put em in the game if you're gonna ban people for owning them ?

What's so bad about em ?

.... :eek:

Finl
22-01-04, 17:58
there is a player who win it in EVENT and now he will get banned for using it, how nice. :)

retr0n
22-01-04, 17:58
I believe you can still own one, but just cant use it because of lag
issues. There was another thread on this yesterday.

//Radium

WebShock
22-01-04, 17:59
you dont need LOS to use em. most of all i dont think they were supposed to be in game. might have been a screw up. thing is if they do a server wipe or make em weigh a million pounds, the regular copbots loose them too. so hmm...
still they do crap damage on a rifle specced character.

really they dont want a rifle (that shoots like a apu beam) on characters.

/edit: damn i didnt know it was a event prize... i stand corrected. yea now that really sucks

GT_Rince
22-01-04, 17:59
Originally posted by retr0n
I believe you can still own one, but just cant use it because of lag
issues. There was another thread on this yesterday.

//Radium

Is that why peeps aren't allowed to use them ? Because of Lag ?

Psycho Killa
22-01-04, 18:05
I beleive it was an even prize but for a time they where accidently blueprintable.

Psycho Killa
wow oops sorry

retr0n
Apparently they can cause some actual game problems as far as lagging people. Not sure if it's planned for removal but I'm guessing if they are causing problems like that then they should be but I'm not going to say for sure until after I've talked with Snow/Thanny on it.

^^ posted by Odin in this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88220)

//Radium

Clyde
22-01-04, 18:06
last time i checked, flamers caused massive lag (fps drop) also, ban those too

Psyco Groupie
22-01-04, 18:31
does it matter why ..

Ulle
22-01-04, 18:51
I don't know the full story to why they are not allowed to be used but that does not matter, it has been stated that they are _NOT_ to be used and everyone should follow that. The reasons behind why the gun is not allowed is not up for discussion.

Thread Closed.