PDA

View Full Version : Un-tag city genreps when DOY comes out

Strych9
22-01-04, 17:13
Okay, my thoughts are this.

When DOY comes and anti-city folk are moved to DOY, they will have a huge advantage by being able to genrep to places inside of the city due to already having the genreps tagged.

So whether it makes sense via RP or not, I suggest we un-tag every Neocron-based genrep for every player at the start of DOY. This does not include apartments of course. Only the normal genreps.

Those in the city can re-tag the genreps easily, and those in DOY will have to come back down and get them the hard way, just like the city folks will have to do with DOY.

Thoughts?

Deanus_willis
22-01-04, 17:17
hmmm, its one of those things where we are not sure how it will effect GR's yet.
Will hostile factions be able to Tag Gr's on the City anyway?
I vote yes. just in cast it will be available to them but i doubt they will be able to GR in

sw1tch
22-01-04, 17:17
yes, but maybe they should be able use hacknet to get to out of the way GR's such as those in the outzone by overriding the security.

Strych9
22-01-04, 17:19
Good call switch.

My only concern is that raiding the city shouldnt START out with being as easy as everyone genrepping into P2 and then attacking.

In fact, it would make sense for all anti-city people to NOT be able to tag city GRs. That would make raids 1000x better. So I hope that is the case actually.

Deanus_willis
22-01-04, 17:20
Ah yes, maybe they wont be able to GR into the city but they may be able to get in via Hacknet. good thinking ;)

DonnyJepp
22-01-04, 17:22
Add genreps to faction HQs so, for example, FAs can beam into NEXT HQ to do business with city folk.

But yeah, I agree. I expect inner-city GRs to not work for anti-city players.

They also need to segregate the trade channels such that anti-city factions cannot hear pro-city trade.

I think we could have avoided the whole "TH PKERS TOO STRONG" mess with adding mega internal defenses to TH if they'd just locked TTs and BDs out of the TH genreps and fortified the main entrances so you really had to siege the place.

/oops going off topic

Strych9
22-01-04, 17:28
Its a good off topic though.

I think a raid on an opposing structure should NOT come via a genrep in that opposing structure.

t0tt3
22-01-04, 17:36
Think there should be a option that you can untag them your selfe.. Me as TG had plaza 1 tag under app and I REALLY dont wanna warp there anymore :p So why cant I just take that tag away so I dont need to worry about it... :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
22-01-04, 21:29
hmmm.....

gonna be a bitch for me to tag the OZ grs (i'm city, just that they're way, way, way, into the OZ, and besides, isn't OZ anarchy, not city?)

But yeah... I think it might be wise...

Maybe make it so that TG and FA GRs are untagged as well so that city folks gotta re-tag them too, perhaps?

Nash_Brigham
22-01-04, 22:54
I agree. Being a UO veteran, nothing worse than seein blue gates appear out of no where (UO ppl) and ppl just piling through behind your line of defense. Wars and conflct should be epic,a nd I can see vehicles piling outside of Neocron and DoY for these things :D