PDA

View Full Version : Becoming acquainted with DOY areas

Strych9
22-01-04, 16:04
I was thinking... once DOY moves in, all of the anti-city peeps will have a new home. Finally we will have 2 cities opposing each other with the possibility of city raids and such.

But the anti-city crowd will have an enormous advantage in that area- everyone knows every nook and cranny in the city of Neocron like the back of their hand. Those invading any part of the city will already know their way around. The city folk, however, wont know jack about DOY.

I guess the answer is for everyone to make an Alt that is in DOY just for the sake of exploring the city, eh? But I still wouldnt mind being able to explore DOY with one of my main chars (with full AGL and ATHL) just to see what parts are reachable and such.

Xizor
22-01-04, 16:14
Will it not just make it more fun for the pro-city people to raid a place they do not know?
I think so.

Strych9
22-01-04, 16:15
If fun was the criteria everyone used for experiences in this game, there would be far fewer issues than there are now. ;)

And the fun MAY wear off after repeated ambushes coming from areas that you do not know about... and then when you defend the enemy knows every place where your ambush might be.

For SOME... fun = level playing field.

SynC_187
22-01-04, 16:22
If pro-city start attacking DoY straight away, they will know it as well as the anti-city, making it harder for anti-city to defend. Could be a laugh :)

Strych9
22-01-04, 17:09
Originally posted by SynC_187
If pro-city start attacking DoY straight away, they will know it as well as the anti-city, making it harder for anti-city to defend. Could be a laugh :) If DOY is as easy to get to as Neocron now is... then you can count on some early raids for sure. :)

One (small) problem now though is that its a TAD easier to get from anywhere to Neocron than from anywhere to DOY.

Oh, that gives me an idea... time for a poll.

ezza
22-01-04, 17:16
Originally posted by Strych9
If DOY is as easy to get to as Neocron now is... then you can count on some early raids for sure. :)

One (small) problem now though is that its a TAD easier to get from anywhere to Neocron than from anywhere to DOY.

Oh, that gives me an idea... time for a poll. your not gonna be pking DOY noob are ya:p

Strych9
22-01-04, 17:18
Originally posted by ezza
your not gonna be pking DOY noob are ya:p LOL!

Nah. Just those that can/want to fight back. :)

Check the poll I made on this topic. Woot.

Besdies, I will likely have to start a DOY noob myself just to get a good safe look at the area. ;)