PDA

View Full Version : The removal of safe zones and what the new neocron will look like.

WebShock
22-01-04, 14:41
How uber will it be to be in say... Plaza 1 and see the usual massing of monks running somewhere all with swirleys out due to the chance they will get ganked. It's like trying to pass through pp. Anytime I see a monk that doesn't try to fight me, he always has something pulled out. Just to be ready for his defense...

Imagine... Selling or trading "insert product or rare part here" near rocco's diner... out side stands a capped apu with his HL out spamming local.

Imagine the usual Plaza 1 population with nothing but libby spies trying to get to their npc selling his wares. Or the group of monks going to the local bar for a drink. all running around as if they were headed to an OP for a fight.

I think this will dramatically change the plaza sector. some new bar somewhere will be the new spam zone. someplace where everyone will flock to where all factions can go to for their favorite tradeskiller.

what dramatic change will you all expect to see?
I see a ghost town plaza 1. where everyone flocks to their HQ or whatever safezone is picked as the new idle zone.
I guess this is up to the top tradeskillers of every individual server. who knows.

Mr_Snow
22-01-04, 14:44
Thats why faction HQs are getting vendors and have guards to protect tradeskillers from enemies and if they need any more protection it will be up to their clan or faction runners to protect them.

Lenard
22-01-04, 14:44
exactly, as long as there is a place where people can go besides their apartment where they are not killable they will always flock to it.

If there is a safe zone people will go to it, no matter how far out of the way it is.

J. Folsom
22-01-04, 14:45
All I can say is:

So?

Currently Plaza 1 is the trade zone, the only difference is that it'll be a different zone. That doesn't really matter, now does it?

Menolak
22-01-04, 14:48
it will sux.. and badly at that.. This is going to hurt tradeskiller a lot.
Especially on "little" server. Some time it is hard to find a tradeskiller. imagine now if you have to go to an ennemy sector...
With a CA barter i did once went to PP to buy an appart.. almost got kill many time just going there. And that was before the better guard.. I guess that the solution will be to go to outzone subway ebtrance(where there is a GR) At least there is no faction guard and the STORMBOT will attack anyone with weapon out.

WebShock
22-01-04, 14:50
omg every chill out...

just use your imagination, please dont turn this into a flame thread....

yea there will be a diffrent trade zone. i was just saying that it's a nice feeling knowing there will be a huge change coming up. I'm sitting here thinking about it may be possible that you can still role play in plaza 1

example... you get a uber combat gimped spy doing great research or construction. yet he has a bored buncha clan mates.. so here is this capped apu and a tank guarding him in the pk zone formerly known as Plaza 1.

I think it's great.
i was also thinking along the lines of whether people choose to stay in plaza one and all you see is swirlies everywhere. think that will be cool.

all im saying. please feel free to choose ANY other thread on this board to pick a fight kthx... drink a beer or something man.. chill the fuck out.

J. Folsom
22-01-04, 14:56
Heh, ok, sorry for the aggresive reaction. Thought you were complaining about the safe zone removal, sorry.

Actually, that sounds pretty cool, and I can actually imagine that being done and possible.

Lathuc
22-01-04, 14:58
and ill be laughing at you pro city dudes from TH

WebShock
22-01-04, 15:02
it being that th security was waaaaaay overdone, you dont think that zone isnt going to be adjusted if not nerfed?

all guards are way overpowered, so i can only assume that there will be a balance somewhere.
still it being that saturn has a crap economy, can you imagine seeing all the no slot and 1 slot HC, rifle or pistols up for sale. for the desperate noobs. say,.... 4 mil each :lol:
like a noob can afford that.

El Barto
22-01-04, 15:40
If they kept their weapons out the y would get owned, just cos there are no safe zones doesnt mean the COp-Bots won't be there killing any thing with a weapon out.

metalangel
22-01-04, 16:25
Have you seen the FA Faction Office? Not only do you have to walk for like 15 minutes to get to it, but it sucks! Weird piano music is playing... the vendors only seem to sell food (maybe I checked the wrong ones) and... well, it's miles from anywhere. I said that twice because it's a pretty big problem. No wonder there is never anyone down there.

WebShock
22-01-04, 16:25
it will be like pepper park fighting, apus can get a good 3 HL's in then hide before they draw aggro on them
not to mention with ppu support you can fight with a copbot pounding on you as u kill the runner. hell if the ppu uses distract mind he can draw the copbot fire while his apu destroys the poor noob :lol:

Necrosadistic
22-01-04, 16:27
I only want safezone removal if there will be COPBOTS patrolling and killing people with weapons out...

So if you see your worst enemy you can still kill him if you are quick and cunning enough, but it would prevent people just randomly ganking everything inside as the copbot attacks would not give them time to do it.

And if the bars are safezones and the server pop goes way up, don't you think the bars will be too small to hold all the people looking for tradeskillers?

Yes, it will be fun being able to pull a weapon anywhere, but I don't want NC turning into complete anarchy with a constant battle going on everywhere...

WebShock
22-01-04, 16:30
LoL picture a neocron with pepper park 1 syndrome, only the entire city will be vulnerable. i really do think that rpk'ing and ganking will happen.

Mumblyfish
22-01-04, 16:32
Originally posted by WebShock
LoL picture a neocron with pepper park 1 syndrome, only the entire city will be vulnerable. i really do think that rpk'ing and ganking will happen.

You're making that sound like it's a good thing.

Strych9
22-01-04, 16:40
LoL picture a neocron with pepper park 1 syndrome, only the entire city will be vulnerable. i really do think that rpk'ing and ganking will happen. Yeah, just look at how 'fun' PP is now... all of the people running around... tradeskillers showing off their skills... :rolleyes:

I cant see tradeskills thriving much in the new conditions. It will be MUCH easier for clans to be self sufficient than to try and use other people.

Sure the bars will be safezones- but unless there is a genrep in the bar, it will be FAR too easy for PKers to camp genreps that people must use to get to the bars.

I wish we could see genrep activity at the GRs in Medicare in P1 and the one in P2 vs the genreps in non-safe zones in the city.

I am glad that our clan is self-sufficient in terms of tradeskills.

It would suck to have to run through Plaza 1 or anywhere else that isnt a safe zone with a set of CS parts you need assembled.

PLUS

Now I bet PKers will sit on the trade channels...

P1: "Looking for high level constructor"
P2: "I construct. Come to the CA HQ."
PK1: Ah, I will intercept P1 on his way to the CA HQ and see if he drops anything decent.

WebShock
22-01-04, 16:44
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
You're making that sound like it's a good thing.

on the contrary, it will suck for the noob. not the lowbie, all he will do is log his capped attack char and pwn the ganker.

I'm thinking that neocron will become the new TH. :mad:

Zanathos
22-01-04, 16:52
This is why we need major changes in the AI of guards and copbots.....

Strych9
22-01-04, 17:05
on the contrary, it will suck for the noob. not the lowbie, all he will do is log his capped attack char and pwn the ganker.
This happens far less than the PKer likes to think it does. :)

Its almost like PKers sat around and worked up this story about how every low level runner has a capped alt.

Irony being whenever the capped alts DO show up, the PKer runs from the challenge. :D

Spex
22-01-04, 17:20
There are two extremes: Either everything will stay like it is now (more or less) or the tradeskillers will hide into bars and/or faction HQs. The latter one will destroy a lot of the current tradeskilling "system" ... there is no central place anymore to look for tradeskillers and you cannot enter every faction HQ due to the limits the faction-alignments enforce ...

But there are too many factors influencing the outcome, including the players themselfs. Let's see how that will turn out ...

Judge
22-01-04, 17:46
I'm sure that KK has though of these things... I mean BDoY has been an extra year coming. They have had time enough to do some serious thinking :)

I'm not too worried tbh.

cRazy2003
22-01-04, 18:38
Im CA so i wont have any enemies runnin around if doy comes and anti city aint allowed in anymore :p
but as for inner city enemies like next and protopharm its gonna be non stop ganking...
which will be fun so im not bothered :p

Archeus
22-01-04, 18:40
It will be like what TechHaven is now. Fights still go on but for the most part it is business as usual. The majority of the fights that do happen normally incur SL/FS loss on the people attacking and have to leave after 2 kills (or risk getting turret whacked).

TBH One single central safe spot is bad. If there must be safe spots they should be faction related.

metalangel
22-01-04, 20:06
Imagine what it'll be like for n00bs when they emerge from their apt into a warzone... they could rename the game 'life in Baghdad' but it also might mean a tougher, less whiny breed of nib will emerge, as the manual says, 'accustomed to the constant escape from death'.

Marx
22-01-04, 20:12
things will probably be hectic for the first week or two of this new ruleset... but it will get boring and life will go on.

hell, my W/T dudes are already working out of IND-2 and we've yet to encounter any problems.

then again, pluto is nice in that regard.

retr0n
22-01-04, 20:12
time to lvl a droner spy & specc loads of agil. :D
can't wait for drone'o'cron where droners own the streets of nc.
mid air fights, everyone zoning down to sewers in fear of teh drones.
:lol:

well i can dream can i

//Radium

greendonkeyuk
22-01-04, 20:17
Actually, there are a shitload of places you can stash a droners meatsack if you actually go and take a look around the city. Drone Pking might jus become the new ultimate bad ass thing.... then again..... it might not.

retr0n
22-01-04, 20:24
no safe zones + droning = teh win :D

//Radium

msdong
22-01-04, 20:36
for real TG or FA and even CM Trader the remove of savezones isno problem at all. they used to trade in unsave enviroment or have their LE in.
if you think for a moment you say that everyone is ready and willing to shoot. hey thats your "friends" all others are KOS in the city :D

joran420
22-01-04, 20:46
there will still be safezones and i think all city ppl will gather in one bar and all DOY ppl will be in a bar in DOY so i dont see it as hurting traders much at all imho....

Ehyuko
22-01-04, 20:48
If the server populations were higher I MIGHT consider this to be a simple misjudgement, as it is the idea of turning only faction HQs into safezones and eliminating the rest is in my opinion a horrible mistake.

What I see happening is basicly all the city turned into pepper park, the only reason people go there is to fight BUT now every pro city new runner is FORCED to be out there, ripe targets for players who exist to kill anything that moves, and there are still a LOT of those types of player on the servers.

For capped people this is not really much of an issue, we have all the items we need for months, we can fend off most pkers or have developed stratagies for dealing with them, we all know at least one poker/repairer we can trust who can sustain us for a long period of time...

But what about those that are not capped? Or even new players?

Chances are they'll take out their LE as encouraged by many players, leave their apartment and promptly be killed by someone walking by. Let me be clear, when I first started Neocron I had no idea of how to do anything or what to do, MC5 has gone a little way to rectifing that, but still new players need a lot of help. If I spent my first 2 hours in this game being pked over and over and OVER by people I didn't know without any chance of fighting back or escape besides sitting in my apartment, I would not be playing neocon now. I'd go back to counterstrike/TFC or some other mmorpg where I had a chance at competing or had measures to deal with these types of players... which at the moment Neocron realisticly does not have.

Further, by isolating players even more from each other there will be even less interaction of players outside of pvp, which is exactly something that a mmorpg wants to avoid. How often do people complain how 'dead' a server is at any time because there is a lack of people in most zones?

Sure this is a 'carebear' attitude but it's also realistic. Those people who have forcefully and often spoken out about how they cant kill anyone anywhere are the same people that actively hunt new players in sewers/aggie cellers/marine base or anywhere else that low players level... they don't hunt ME a capped rifle spy, nor a capped pvp experienced ppu/apu pair, they hunt weaker targets, which is EXACTLY what plaza is full of.

I've been to TG canyon and TH, both to pk and as a faction member. Those locations are ALWAYS deserted for the same reason Neocron city will be once the safezones are removed.

I'll admit it I could be wrong, but I don't see any reason for safezone removals, to be honest, beyond adding to the possible places noobies can be PKed.

Duder
22-01-04, 20:54
Its gonna be great, it will all be faction based, people from the same faction would actually begin to interact with each other more frequently, also your faction (and allies) finally becomes important to you, as youll be almost getting most of your tradeskilling done by someone in your own faction or allies.

Enemies and neutrals youll have to contact them directly and at your own risk, as you wont have the safety of a safezone.

It will bond Allied factions together and youll actually have a "mysterious" enemy that you know little info about, giving a little spice to the whole game instead of now.

HQ = Safe

Streets = Unsafe

joran420
22-01-04, 20:58
thee city is still crawling with copbots so i dont think it will be too much PKing

Marx
22-01-04, 21:01
Originally posted by joran420
thee city is still crawling with copbots so i dont think it will be too much PKing

The safezones will still be safe... in a classroom sorta' way.

All the good stuff happens when the teacher isn't looking.