PDA

View Full Version : spycraft

Original monk
22-01-04, 13:29
when i see them PE's with their nice trikes cruising around i get jealous :P

last night during the hunting of warbots i started thinking how cool a hitech-hidex-vehicule would be.. imagine 2 spy's cruising around, hunting techs, one driving, one shooting everything to pieces with a hilevel gun :)

when they ask me what vehicule looks the best in the game i say the wheeler v2 (the red sportscar) but if they ask me wich veh do you prefer i have to say the hovering tube :-O cause it goes so fast :)

that + the fact that cars have trouble with water made me think about a hitech hovercraft resembling the wheeler 2 but with a majour turret on top and smooth on land & water :)

so i tried to made a prototype :)

this vehicule would be 110 dex or so to drive and alot of vehiculeskill, also big req's on the turret so it gets spy only, preferably riflecombat and also 110 dex req ...

with alot of imagination it looks sumthing like this:

http://users.pandora.be/original/hovercraft.bmp

and yust fo fun maybe put this in it: a hovercraftbike where ya gotta stand on instead of sitting :)

http://users.pandora.be/original/hoverbike.bmp

any comments and idea appreciated ffcourse, give spy's this goodie :P

retr0n
22-01-04, 13:32
It's a good idea, although the requirments i dont know about, they
seem to high, however i have a question.. why did you edit the pic
below with that stupid effect? why not just keep it clear?

//Radium

t0tt3
22-01-04, 13:35
@ retr0n
That comes from the master of bmps and ME :rolleyes: j/k :D

Hell yea make them R-C req on them so spies get some love kick tanks assssssss :D

retr0n
22-01-04, 13:38
@t0tt3: stfu! :D i had no app to convert with since it was a fresh
install :) btw my gfx card is f.u.b.a.r. right now so i wont be able
to play for a while anyway... :( 2d works fine, 3d (d3d) fucks it up
completly and freezez me so i have to wait for $$$ so i can buy a
new one...

//Radium

Original monk
22-01-04, 13:41
to get it more in line with the upper picture ... :P

http://users.pandora.be/original/hoverbike2.bmp

hoverstuff (http://www.zapworld.com/airboard.htm)

Mr_Snow
22-01-04, 14:04
Speaking as a spy I have to say wtf?

Tanks and vehicles by nature have heavy weapons mounted on them otherwise they would just be carried by sombody and save the expense and time of making a vehicle, so naturally all vehicle weapons are heavy combat.

If you want to toy around with vehicles roll a tank togun them then get a hacker driver repper spy to drive you around the place.

MegaCorp
22-01-04, 17:09
Since KK is messing up stealth tools, would be cool to have an unarmed spycraft that remained stealthed the whole time you were in it ... its primary purpose would be for recon.

Spook

Original monk
22-01-04, 17:24
mr.snow: the gun on that vehicule is so extremely hitech that a dumb tank never would be able to man it ... it requires elite training and extreme intelligence ya see, see it more as an advanced tech-sniperlaser :)

and megacorp i didnt even think of that idea, it would be a viable alternative yeah, altough i dont know if its programmable. But i would also like to drive around in a stealthed vehicule but then with a littlebit more people that can sit in the vehicule.

i mainly posted cause i wanted a hover-car like vehicule that can go over the water :)

Alice
22-01-04, 18:13
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Speaking as a spy I have to say wtf?

Tanks and vehicles by nature have heavy weapons mounted on them otherwise they would just be carried by sombody and save the expense and time of making a vehicle, so naturally all vehicle weapons are heavy combat.

If you want to toy around with vehicles roll a tank togun them then get a hacker driver repper spy to drive you around the place.

Yeah, have you noticed one thing straight off? Not only do Tanks get to run around in heavy armour and a CS, they also get to gun the best vehicles too.

I don't believe the weapon reqs on vehicles are needed. You don't NEED heavy combat, to fire a bike's cannon, because it's triggers will be situated on the handlebars. More of a case of VHC to see where they are. Same with turrets, Tell me, what's Heavy Combat got to do, with the understanding and operation of a movement joystick for a Rhino's gun turret, targetting systems, and firing systems? Nothing. More of a spy thing.

I'd love it if they put DEX/INT/VHC as the reqs of vehicles, but lowered them down too. On the biggest vehicles, only a spy will man the guns, but on the lower ones, anyone can.

(then again I'd love to see vehicles used in combat more. Taking 2 rhinos and an APC into the warzone, the APC drops off the snipers, and catches up, each rhino has a spy, tank, and maybe a repairer, with the extra spaces filled with more men, just unload the troops barring gunners, as the Rhinos circle the op looking for opportunity fire, and the APC is left on standby for quick exits.)

superfresh
22-01-04, 18:49
How about low TL vehicles for the runners that can't spare a lot of dex? Like a Tricycle. Could have a slingshot on the handlebars.

Siygess
22-01-04, 20:31
Doh! Fooled by another misleading topic title. There was I thinking that this would be about the pen and paper RPG :D

Forget My Name
22-01-04, 20:52
remove vehicle weapon requirements so tradeskillers can have something to do during op wars for their clans...

1) more vehicles will be used in op fights
2) gives tradeskillers somethig to do to fight/level
3) gets more people into op fights period

I hate using RL examples for a game, but in RL, I am trained on many military weapons in the 5 years I was in teh Army. From pistols to 50.cal machine guns to even having the chance to 'side' learn how to use the guns on a Bradley and a M1.

Now, I am no genetank in realife, i am more of a spy ( my job in the army is chemical defense )... So Where are the requirements on the Bradley and m1 tank to stop me ( a spy ) from using them?

Take off vehicle requirements so that vehicles and tradeskillers have something to do!