PDA

View Full Version : What makes a great player?

Nvidia
22-01-04, 10:40
A few days ago, in-game, someone told me I was a good player.

Besides people in my clan telling me that, I've never been told that by a regular runner.

This got me thinking...

"What makes a great player?"

I really can't get this off my mind... and it's drving me CRAZY! :p

So, what do you all think makes a good player?

\\Fényx//
22-01-04, 10:42
Originally posted by Nvidia
"What makes a great player?"

A devourer

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 10:44
PvPer? Someone who is allways there? A good laugh? A good friend? Someone who contributes to the content/environment?

g0rt
22-01-04, 10:49
Someone who has multiple chars, all usefull in thier own way, and is skilled at using each one.

CarniFlex
22-01-04, 10:50
Someone who dares come for you to rezz you while there is still enemies around that killed you in a anarchy zone. Someone that gave you 500k and some basic hints and lowlevel guns the first time you started playing this game.

Original monk
22-01-04, 10:55
very tough question

i cant answer it, would make it to serieus/to long

very tough question

Parker
22-01-04, 12:14
Easy to answer. Somebody who makes it fun for others to play this game.

This can be somebody who pks all the time *with style* - Shinjin

This can be somebody who pokes all the time *with style* - Elle

I just started levelling up a new char on saturn and at rank 4 I started talking to a monk rank 20 something and I thought blah blah blah - he's just haggling for me to sell him this chip cheap but in fact he was role playing! He asked me about if i had memories of before MC5 and if i knew of the conspiracy etc.

I went - *wow* - because this kind of role playing is rare - but fun. And if I was a real newbie - then i would of gone *double wow* and wanted to play this game harder and longer and better. So in my book - he was a fantastic player.

John

MjukisDjur
22-01-04, 13:09
Parker, I can almost see the WTF written at your forehead when he started talking :)

Richard Slade
22-01-04, 13:33
The simple things in life makes it good
So the truth would be
A good player is a player who adds something positive in people's life's

•Super|\|ova•
22-01-04, 13:35
Originally posted by Nvidia
what do you all think makes a good player?

Well, you know... some sort of stuff I guess...

Xizor
22-01-04, 13:37
I guess it is different for everyone. For me though it is:
One you can always count on
One you can trust
One who is fun to play with

Probably many more but my brain is working at 10% atm. ;)

retr0n
22-01-04, 13:39
Anyone who gives me a hercules on pluto is a great player :D

//Radium

Parker
22-01-04, 13:46
WTF was indeed written on my head - but only because I was thinking with my
"I've already capped so many times/done the epics/fought op wars that I've forgot how to be surprised by the game" head.

Once I remembered that the little rank 5 bearded spy guy was me - it was kinda fun and when DOY comes - it's that kinda guy which we want to introduce to the noobs.

Heck - i might even role play myself...

JP.

t0tt3
22-01-04, 13:51
Good fps if you wanna PvP :D

Originally posted by metalangel
Someone you can trust to hold 100k to give to your new alt.

:lol:

If you need 100 k just email helpdesk that you lost a 5 slotted junk knife, they replace it with 100k "which is nothing :p" j/k

I would say 5 M and 4 apps with rares :p.... 100 k that what a noob char makes in 20 min in the sewer hunting loms.

metalangel
22-01-04, 13:51
Someone who answers the stupid questions asked on HELP

Someone who casts 'heal'

Someone who deals with everyone, even if it's an enemy faction/clan

Someone who helps those who need it, but doesn't bottlefeed those who are lazy (ie: ppl who just beg because they can't be bothered to do a few delivery missions)

Someone you can trust to hold 100k to give to your new alt.

RuButt
22-01-04, 16:27
some1 with alot of free time..

c'mon

youll get all the sweet stuff, and sooner or later youll have some kind of skill..

but youll never be like me.. natural born ...er... elite...dude

superfresh
22-01-04, 16:53
Well placed emotes.

22-01-04, 18:52
A person who is fun to talk/play with and that is helpful.

greendonkeyuk
22-01-04, 19:01
a great player is someone who improves my gaming experience each time i play, be they friend or foe. some people i have to love, some i have to hate. there are a lot of great players on this game, some die when i shoot at them so i feel better, some shoot me for gettin too cocky and killing too many people. These are all great players. The ones at the top of the pile are the ones that make me laugh, usually with, but sometimes at. All the same, theyre what makes this game great.

REMUS
22-01-04, 19:06
Its difficult to say i think if you put effort in most people recognise it, for instance if you put the time in to be a good pvper you will get recognition, if you decide to put effort into events and fun for other people, the mjourite of people will recognise your contribution. Ive been told that im very good in pvp and i organise fight night, with the exception of a few numb skulls people come up to me and say everynow and again, thanks for fight night or can you take me to neofrag to teach me, this warms my heart and i enjoy it.

being a good player is different for most people.

its like the saying, its not the weapon its the person using it.

Devils Grace
22-01-04, 19:08
someone that doesnt reply to me when im bashing traderzz:lol:
j/k

to me, its soemone that its the same all the way, no double face.....that way u know what u can get from him

El Barto
22-01-04, 19:11
A good player imo is some one who is funney, and generaly a good guy, not some one who is like randomly PKing people. They would have to be good at the game as well, because this thread is about good PLAYERS not good PEOPLE, just in case any one miss understood what I just typed.

Cyphor
22-01-04, 20:25
Someone willing to help out other players, eg kill a mob if a newbie has bit off more they can chew or heal and injured player. Join a fight if someone is outnumbered/being ganked by higher lvls.

The most important factor for me however is not to be annoying in the sense they dont spam chat channels after every fight about how they won/lost and why.

Skill has nothing to do with being a good player, imo skill has to do with being a good <insert class here>.