PDA

View Full Version : A conundrum of sorts....

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 07:29
OK, now aside from the fact that the rest of my setup SUCKS HAIRY DOG COCK, I am unsure of something.

I use Redfash, I only need 1 of it's dex points and the agl/atl.
I am starting to think I have to little hp, a mere 414.
Without the redflash I would get a fair few more hp, but I would loose the speed.
Should I switch to White flash instead, it lasts half as long and with it I go from 78/83 atl to 68/77, but again, more hp.

JackScratch
22-01-04, 07:42
OMG, 414 hlth, dude, no points in body health, the ideal anyway. Better to not take the damage than absorb it, put those points in resists,you will fair much better. I can't stand to use drugs in this game myself. I know no one puts 0 points in body health, but 1 point more than 50 is insane, I recomend as little as you can.

Benjie
22-01-04, 07:44
Is 50 Body Health a good amount for a PE? I was wondering this myself...

Jest
22-01-04, 07:47
Originally posted by Benjie
Is 50 Body Health a good amount for a PE? I was wondering this myself... Imo 115 points in body health is the perfect amount of health for EVERY class. ;)

JackScratch
22-01-04, 07:48
Class doesn't matter, Body health is a waste of points, they are much better off in resists, MUCH better off.

\\Fényx//
22-01-04, 07:56
Originally posted by JackScratch
Class doesn't matter, Body health is a waste of points, they are much better off in resists, MUCH better off.

that would be why you always seem to die so fast ..... O_o

I go for 115 total with imps and buffs aswell jest :)

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 07:58
I would have 114 without redflash, but shite runspeed.

Jest
22-01-04, 08:05
Well DJ you could easily LoM that 10 points you lose from Redflash, put it into athletics, take whiteflash instead of red flash instead, and ultimately be faster. Its all about conservation of points, whiteflash is deinitely more worth your while. ;)

nonamebrandeggs
22-01-04, 08:07
Whats a good way to get drugs? I'm running out of them and they are expensive :(.

Psycho Killa
22-01-04, 08:08
Jack resists have to high deminishing returns at a certain point. You just better of with health. I personaly dont go over 75 base. Anything after that comes from implants or buffs. I have plenty of resists usualy trust me.

Recycle eggs (you can use a mine). Also you can farm rare parts til you find a devourer part and sell it for 2 mil and be set for drugs for a few months :)

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 08:10
OK, 84 atl, 114 htl, slightly lower resists, but only 68 agl. dammit.
is 121 fire/xray too much?

JackScratch
22-01-04, 08:11
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
that would be why you always seem to die so fast ..... O_o

I go for 115 total with imps and buffs aswell jest :)

Based on?????????? What the hell are you talking about? The reason I do what? When? Your info is screwy, If memory serves, you play on Pluto, you know, where I am a capped PPU, who pretty much doesn't die.

Psycho Killa
22-01-04, 08:17
Jack my ppu has 75 body health I have as close as you can really get to max fire energy xray resists. Also when I use power armor I can manage to get 71 percent poisin protect.

Not trying to one up you just saying its possible to have high resists and have more then 50 body health.

Id go for 115 also but id have to gimp myself a bit to do that :(

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 08:22
My job as a TL115 poker (plug plug pluggity plug) fuels my drug habit.

JackScratch
22-01-04, 08:23
No, Psycho, I agre, and your setup looks pretty good, but their is a big difference between 75 and 115 bodyhealth. I tend the err on the side of resists, but hey, that's just me. My point is that people have a real tendancy to overdo their Body health, my thought is the less con you have, the less Hlt you should have, put it into resists. I say 50, because of the point expenditure, it costs more. If you have it fine tuned that is cool.

nonamebrandeggs
22-01-04, 08:23
What? Tips? 115 poker gets good tips eh? I'll have to LoM then =D.

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 08:25
I usually get 1k per poke, Usually at least 5k per mc5 poke, I've had people give me 100k to imp thier sa :P

Psycho Killa
22-01-04, 08:44
I meant 75 base.

Ill be crazy and post a pretty nice setup if you ask me (Yea I realize not everyone has a Dimension Splitter)

Dimension splitter
Psicore
Defensive 3
Pp resistor chip

All normal bones
All dex in agility
You can put 20 to 30 in trasnsport and the rest in resist force.

Filter1
Reflex booster 1 (Intel spine if you need it for Poisin belt)
Smart eye 1 (1 more int if you probly need for the belt)

Natural Con (Without additions from imps/buffs)
24 Athletics
74 Body Health
48 xray
55 poisin

You end up with.
30 Athletics (Your agility balances it out)
115 body health (419 health about)
123 fire from armor and con
168 energy together
122 xray
86 poisin
The totals is via the skillmanager 1.0.9 by smoker.

You might want to opt for a bit more athletics.

Buffed with Melee 3 Hazard 3 and spy3.

Sorry for the thread jacking lol

Shit forgot to post armor... lol
Psi armor as usual with pa3 and heavy fire belt. Gotta take a drug to get the pa on when u die and gr. Can always use 2 if you dont want to drug. Even though its not a big deal.

Jest
22-01-04, 08:44
Jack the gain from Body Health 100-115 is massive. Its 5 health per point. My spy setup has 115 health (and awesome resists), my Pes have 115 health, my PPU has 115 health, and my Gentanks have 115 health. (Granted Ive never done an APU setup).

The low health theory is incorrect. I used to think that as well, and then I did hours and hours of testing and I sure as hell know better. Resists quickly reach the point of low gain. For xample tonight Im going to LoM out 15 energy and its going to result in a .8% decrease of energy resist. But Im moving it to poison which will give me a 14% increase in that resist.

Body health or resists, its a numbers game plain and simple. ;)

Edit:
Haha PK I was wondering where those extra Con points are coming from until I saw your athletics. My PPU drives and repairs so I cant afford those ath points haha. Btw in case any one wants to know pure tradeskill PPU = win.

QuantumDelta
22-01-04, 08:56
Originally posted by JackScratch
No, Psycho, I agre, and your setup looks pretty good, but their is a big difference between 75 and 115 bodyhealth. I tend the err on the side of resists, but hey, that's just me. My point is that people have a real tendancy to overdo their Body health, my thought is the less con you have, the less Hlt you should have, put it into resists. I say 50, because of the point expenditure, it costs more. If you have it fine tuned that is cool.

Just trying to change your oppinion, not really attacking you.

Resists are no longer a mystery to anyone, as far as I'm aware they shouldn't be at least.

50 HLT + Moveon + Haz 1 and I got this setup (forgive the slightly rushed messiness of this setup, I realise that the inqui could be a level up for the boots :p)

Gives about this;
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptquantumdelta/Ultima/50HLTC1.jpg

Now my setup with 113 HLT gives about this;
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptquantumdelta/Ultima/50HLTC2.jpg

You may take maybe 70 damage from CS, but I'll take 80.

Who will last longer in terms of bursts? :p

CS Example numbers are fictional I haven't actually TESTED this setup ;)

Benjie
22-01-04, 09:02
So your saying you favour Body Health over resists QD? OR did I read your thread wrong?

Psycho Killa
22-01-04, 09:03
No hes saying theres a balance you have to achieve between which is a more valuable use of your con point.

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 09:05
Which is what I am trying to get.

Benjie
22-01-04, 09:08
is 68 body health okay? AND what about 65 Fire 65 Poison and 80 Xray?

QuantumDelta
22-01-04, 09:08
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
No hes saying theres a balance you have to achieve between which is a more valuable use of your con point. Bingo ;)

benjie, if you look at the setup you'll see the HLT is there for a reason, the point is to be roughly 400-500 HP as a PE (imo).

When you look at resists, look at % Absorbtion ratio, NOT resist values of armor/con.

And always treat your CON and Armor as a combined tool to do the same job, they should work together and be accounted equally.

Benjie
22-01-04, 09:22
*edit*
Don't want to show people.