PDA

View Full Version : BDoY Offline demo??

sanityislost
22-01-04, 05:09
just a simple Q for kk, will there be an offline demo, if not why not?

If theres a demo it would help promote the game and bring in more new players, heh plus all the neo vets would get a sneak peek :D

SoOoOoOoOoOo plz make one :P

Nvidia
22-01-04, 05:11
This thread is KoS, I think. ;)

Odin
22-01-04, 05:14
Doubtful unless the new pub absolutely demands it. You wouldn't want to know how much of a delay that last demo caused let alone what kinda delays a new one would cause.

Cyphor
22-01-04, 05:24
Originally posted by Odin
Doubtful unless the new pub absolutely demands it. You wouldn't want to know how much of a delay that last demo caused let alone what kinda delays a new one would cause.

In which case i vote no...just give us bdoy :p

Ryuben
22-01-04, 05:32

talking about delays ....we going to get what MJS promised or will it be delayed untill after january?

Odin
22-01-04, 05:34
Originally posted by Ryuben
talking about delays ....we going to get what MJS promised or will it be delayed untill after january?

Asked him earlier tonight and he says yes it's still coming.

My god I should really knock off for the night. 10:30pm and I've been at it since 9am. Bleh :p That first demo I think took almost 3 months at the time and that was during beta.

Anyways next RPGvault thingy should be up sometime in the next 24 hours to considering I double checked their english of it this morning with my bad english. Should give you yet another teaser :)

Nash_Brigham
22-01-04, 05:46
Sweetness. I am already gearing up for it :D

Marx
22-01-04, 06:03
I'll be autoerotically asphyxiating myself in anticipation.

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 06:14

Anyways next RPGvault thingy should be up sometime in the next 24 hours to considering I double checked their english of it this morning with my bad english. Should give you yet another teaser :)

/me jizzles :eek:

robinitnow
22-01-04, 06:18
nice I will be wating for the next bit

For all the work that wen't into the current offline demo it completely fails to show the atmosphere of the real game so let's not go there again.

sl33py
22-01-04, 11:33
offline demos are a waste of valuable development time.
if you were around here before the release of neocron, you would know that. So a big NO vote from me. Let them work on the product not on some piece of shit demo that will never be able to simulate the real thing

Sundiver
22-01-04, 12:26
If they finish BDOY and get that new publisher, I would like to see an offline demo of it AFTER it has been done and is out in the market, so that people seeing it in the shop will also see a sign with the URL: "Go to www.neocron.com and try out the offline demo!" or something like that, with a short list of all the improvements, and a short background story that brings new players up to date.

But not now, not yet. They already seem to be stressed out as it is. I doubt they need any extra weight to carry around at this point.

J. Folsom
22-01-04, 14:37
Originally posted by Ryuben
talking about delays ....we going to get what MJS promised or will it be delayed untill after january? Just keep watching my signature, do nothing else but watch my signature, meditate on it's meaning for the coming weeks.

El Barto
22-01-04, 15:32
Would like there to be one, but don't think there will be.

Xizor
22-01-04, 16:18
DEFINATELY NOT:

Why should they have a offline demo when they have 10-days free trial!?
The real thing > Offline demo10x

Bitburger
22-01-04, 17:53
Not a demo... but a movie would be nice :)

Patso
22-01-04, 18:03
yes it's still coming.

Here's another ™ for you J.Folsom :lol: :lol:

I voted NO, I played the first offline demo before downloading the 10 day client and it was much better having 10 days to try the game rather than playing an offline demo. As with all MMORPG's the graphics/content/style doesn't fit a single player experience so the demo feels a bit flat....

cRazy2003
22-01-04, 18:35
Originally posted by robinitnow
nice I will be wating for the next bit

of dribble joys jizzle :p

sanityislost
22-01-04, 23:31

My god I should really knock off for the night. 10:30pm and I've been at it since 9am. Bleh :p That first demo I think took almost 3 months at the time and that was during beta.

in that case keep working on BDoY dude lol tho the old offline demo was sexy even if it doesnt really have much to do with the game now :p :p :p

Willisit
23-01-04, 16:24
10-day trial.. the same thing all other MMOGS do these days.. why waste time when people can log on, try it - fall in love and play until their natural teeth fall out?

Makes sense to me... :D

[TgR]KILLER
23-01-04, 17:07
nice idea san but no if its gonna delay like hell :p

tho i wouldn't mind a sneak peek.. but whats a sneak peek when u already could have gotten the original..

i'm getting ready for DOY to. only need a DOY appy now but i am selling most crap for money so i will only have so much stuff that i can put in my 2 gogo's hehehe.. and i need to cap meh apu before DOY or @ least get her battle ready..