PDA

View Full Version : 3 stars for tanks

ezza
22-01-04, 03:43
ok, i know ive goneon about this before but...

..i still think tanks should be able to have 3 stars ,like spies and monks.

and i came across this picture(taken from With Slit Wrists home page)
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/uberrank.jpg

as you see, both WsW and _Uman_ have ranks in the 70+.

in the case of WsW it was through druging to PA3 that looks like giving him the 3 star.

yet we now have access to tha PA3 naturally and unable to have the 3 star.

sure its a trivial thing to want, but still i think all classes should be able to reach 3 stars without having to sit in a vehicle:rolleyes:

i know people say you will get less XP when you have 3 stars, but if your capped or near capped XP dont mean that much tbh, where as it is nice to have a *** above your head as a status thing.

and i know rank dont mean that much really,but it would still be nice as something that can be achived, i mean tanks are the one class that has to throw all his points into H-C to remotly cap the rares, yet doesnt get the rank to justify the points used.

messing around on the test server eariler, using PA4, jeriko op bonus and a artifact(120 x4 stats)doombeamer, the best i was getting was 62/xx, i know a little bit more can proberbly be gained if had PPu level 3 buffs, maybe 64/65.

but it would be nice if from all those H-C points we throw into out strenght skill we got back a nice 70+ rank, like used to be able to do

im sure im going to see the usual no bad idea coments

Psychoninja
22-01-04, 03:50
2 stars is the same as 3 if you ask me, except all 3 stars is good for, is having noobs stare at you, trying to figure out how you got 3 stars...

:p

ezza
22-01-04, 03:53
yup but its still nice to get it, i know i wanted 3 star on my monk, though never got it cos i stopped playing with it.
its not quite the same though look

** and *** :D

and its a big diffrence betwen say 56/xx and 76/xx well ok 20 diffrence.

i still dont see a major reason NOT to have it.

if tanks cant have 3 stars then what the point in having them in game:p

(the 3 stars that is, god forbid the game would have no tanks8| )

i know its a supifical(spelling?)thing but that aint a reason not to have it

Valkyrie
22-01-04, 03:56
I think we tanks should get 5 stars, like I'm rating this thread :D

But seriously, part of the whole tanks r noobs image comes from our low ranks, so we should get a raise :)

RayBob
22-01-04, 03:56
I don't care how many stars tanks get but I do wish all capped characters had similar ranks. It is very hard to level in groups when everyone has such disparate ranks.

ezza
22-01-04, 03:57
Originally posted by RayBob
I don't care how many stars tanks get but I do wish all capped characters had similar ranks. It is very hard to level in groups when everyone has such disparate ranks. thats a valid point as well, one i actually didnt think about tbh

you see monks with 80/xx rank, but little tanky is 56 or 57 long way below :lol:

so rather than nerf other classes ranks bring tank up in line with them

Dont Mess
22-01-04, 04:01
i posted the same relating 2 pistol spies and then mentioning tanks. this game should let u level yr char from /// to *** like other classes i mean it only makes sence. pple wouldnt bitch bout exp on ppus being so hugh with their intel coz they have 3 starts well if u gave more classes *** it wouldnt be a problem. EVEN PEs can get 3 stars like mine (altho he is a gimp) it can be done. plz give us the ability 2 get this rank and if exp is low then put another mob type in thats like 127/127 so it will be red 2 all.

\\Fényx//
22-01-04, 05:03
TL 150 remote poking tool, 10 quid says thats how those 2 got that rank :p

Spectra260
22-01-04, 05:53
like i said, it used to be possible for tanks to get 3 stars back like right when tankocron started to take off...

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 05:56
All classes should get 3 stars. Me and my judge don't get above 65 :(

|R@zor|
22-01-04, 06:19
highest rank i can get on my tank is 60/66 ** with my 5 slot DB, my PE's highest is 60/68 ** with a judge.

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 06:22
I'm 62/70 self buffed, 65 or 66 with a pistol 3.
But then I have an SA and various rare shit.

Marx
22-01-04, 06:35
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
All classes should get 3 stars. Me and my judge don't get above 65 :(

melee has the gimpiest ranks of all.

Jest
22-01-04, 07:14
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
All classes should get 3 stars. Me and my judge don't get above 65 :( Even with a fully capped Slasher you wont be getting 3 stars unfortunately. :( As far as I know its impossible to get 3 stars with pistols.

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 07:31
What about with a RoLH?

Spectra260
22-01-04, 07:55
i saw a 3 star PE yesterday on saturn, i dunno if he was pistols though, he wasnt wearing PA

Jest
22-01-04, 08:07
Originally posted by Spectra260
i saw a 3 star PE yesterday on saturn, i dunno if he was pistols though, he wasnt wearing PA He was prolly a RoG user and its definitely possible to get 3 stars with that. :p

Also, dunno about RoLh but i dont think so. Ive never seen it at least but thats not to say it cant be done. Though even capping RoF and damage Id doubt it.

Birkoff
22-01-04, 08:38
73/66 **hybrid
Can't get 3 atm.

All classes should be able to i guess but i think there are a few more important things to chnage before hand :)

Plus you used to be able to as a tank.... i had 3 stars back in december 02.

Original monk
22-01-04, 10:23
i remember that time yeah: i was sooo proud on my tanks 3 stars ya cant imagine: a week later they got nerfed to 2 stars ...

tanks are the only class that cant get 3 stars decently :/ altough they are the combatchars: i dunno about PE's tough, i didnt tried to get 3 stars on em yet.. spy's and monks are easy :)

btw the screenie is from the time of the bloodbrothers, i also see _uman_/butters in it so i guess its a really old one, ask element fo info about when the bloodbrothers started :) if he even remembers :P

sl33py
22-01-04, 12:02
he also has popped 4 drugs :rolleyes:

retr0n
22-01-04, 12:37
I agree, 3 starts should be available for every class.

and a bit OT. _Uman_ is back, it's Kampfar, the trike pkar guy.
however he got his account hacked and somebody stripped kampfar
completly, so he is playing _Uman_ now in Blood Titans.

just thought you guys wanted to know.

//Radium

n3m
22-01-04, 12:37
errm I'd rather have 1 star (or maybe 2) instead of 3.. Gives you more money for mob kills and more chance at techies.

Tanks have nice offensive, with low ranking = great for hunting imo

s0liduS
22-01-04, 12:38
rank means nothing if you're a pvper :P

retr0n
22-01-04, 12:39
Originally posted by n3m
errm I'd rather have 1 star (or maybe 2) instead of 3.. Gives you more money for mob kills and more chance at techies.

Tanks have nice offensive, with low ranking = great for hunting imo

that is true, but, once you are capped, you dont really care about
money or exp like someone said earlier in a thread. so when i cap
my tank i would like to atleast be able to reach 3 stars, even if i
dont, but right now it's impossible.

//Radium

ezza
22-01-04, 12:58
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
TL 150 remote poking tool, 10 quid says thats how those 2 got that rank :p that pic was taken long time before that came into play

he also has popped 4 drugs

hes popping 4 drugs to get PA3 on, try popping 4 drugs on a tank and you wont get 3 stars.

cos what cos i tried it with tigers blood, the swampcave drug, beast and x strong, it doesnt effect the xx/-- rank it changes the --/xx

ahh cool didnt know that, i did see _Uman_ back pack at the battle dome the day i saw him doing his trike PK thing.

shame some idiot had to hack his account, proberbly couldnt take being pk'd:rolleyes:

rank means nothing if you're a pvper :P
all i do is PvP on my tank, as im pretty much capped(1 str and 2 cons to go)so saying that aint true

i saw a 3 star PE yesterday on saturn, i dunno if he was pistols though, he wasnt wearing PA

rifle PEs can get 3 stars seen at least 3 or 4 on saturn, on often not using PA4, seems you can get it with PA3, dunno if you have to gimp to use FL or something like that to do it though

melee has the gimpiest ranks of all.

yup your lucky if you can get the 2 stars, think i used to on my long deleted tank, but not on my current ones, ill start my crusade for melee high ranks once i know im getting somewhere with my heavy tank rank *** request

s0liduS
22-01-04, 14:07
haha k come on on Ezza, msg s0lidus in game... or just come PP1, im owning some mad shit talker named lee siew wong or whatever... he needs ppu buffs for me =[

ezza
22-01-04, 14:09
yeah ok ill try and get on tonight and duel you, know i said i would fight you other day, but been leveling a char on pluto past few days so not been on saturn.

ill message ya tonight when i get on.

hehe i can pretty much guarentee that ill be non PPU buffed

just so you know my tanks Diabolus Decor on saturn

Original monk
22-01-04, 14:10
Originally posted by retr0n

ya must be kidding me ?

so i talked to uman several times witouth even knowing it was him LOL , good that i know lol ( i always wanted to be like butters :P with my hybrid :P)

im sorryz for the offtopic ezza, but i was extremely suprised :)

L0KI
22-01-04, 14:46
near fully capped RoLH gets me....

70/71**

Near fully capped Slasher gets me

74/71**

I did have *** at Jeriko when my clan held it.

I have 190 ish in PC, so ur looking at around 200 or more to get those *** on a pistol PE.

ezza
22-01-04, 14:57
Originally posted by L0KI
near fully capped RoLH gets me....

70/71**

Near fully capped Slasher gets me

74/71**

I did have *** at Jeriko when my clan held it.

I have 190 ish in PC, so ur looking at around 200 or more to get those *** on a pistol PE. is that ppu or non ppu buffed?

if it was around 200 to get 3 stars, i could live with that, tanks without PA on get 198 or somthing likethat, with PA on get something like 215+ cant remember.

alig
22-01-04, 15:06
Originally posted by ezza
ok, i know ive goneon about this before but...

..i still think tanks should be able to have 3 stars ,like spies and monks.

and i came across this picture(taken from With Slit Wrists home page)

as you see, both WsW and _Uman_ have ranks in the 70+.

in the case of WsW it was through druging to PA3 that looks like giving him the 3 star.

yet we now have access to tha PA3 naturally and unable to have the 3 star.

sure its a trivial thing to want, but still i think all classes should be able to reach 3 stars without having to sit in a vehicle:rolleyes:

i know people say you will get less XP when you have 3 stars, but if your capped or near capped XP dont mean that much tbh, where as it is nice to have a *** above your head as a status thing.

and i know rank dont mean that much really,but it would still be nice as something that can be achived, i mean tanks are the one class that has to throw all his points into H-C to remotly cap the rares, yet doesnt get the rank to justify the points used.

messing around on the test server eariler, using PA4, jeriko op bonus and a artifact(120 x4 stats)doombeamer, the best i was getting was 62/xx, i know a little bit more can proberbly be gained if had PPu level 3 buffs, maybe 64/65.

but it would be nice if from all those H-C points we throw into out strenght skill we got back a nice 70+ rank, like used to be able to do

im sure im going to see the usual no bad idea coments

Just make my tanks average rank normal first :p base 100 con, 8 epics done and /62 :mad: :mad: but yeah tanks should get 3 star for obvious reasons...not even 3 star, a high 2 star like in the 70's+ somethin so that a ppu doesnt see my fucking capped tank grey ranked :rolleyes: and ezza, the highest rank a tank can actually get in this game is 66/ unless a ravager does more rank than a doom beamer....i went to a fortress with my kami in, hc3, the op bonus and pa3 and had exactly 280 h-c with an artifact doom beamer and i was the same rank at pp1 as i was at the op so 66/ has to be capped rank and needs oooooo only like 100 ish more of ur combat skill to get a rank that still makes an apu's rank bright red :(

Deanus_willis
22-01-04, 15:07
its silly
My PPU is lvl 56/48 **
Yet my tank is 38/50 <<<<

So whats the big difference, god knows the weapons my tank uses are of higher quality then the spells my PPU uses. and i have 170 HC on my tank already. so where is my star? o_O

ezza
22-01-04, 15:13
Originally posted by alig
Just make my tanks average rank normal first :p base 100 con, 8 epics done and /62 :mad: :mad: but yeah tanks should get 3 star for obvious reasons...not even 3 star, a high 2 star like in the 70's+ somethin so that a ppu doesnt see my fucking capped tank grey ranked :rolleyes: and ezza, the highest rank a tank can actually get in this game is 66/ unless a ravager does more rank than a doom beamer....i went to a fortress with my kami in, hc3, the op bonus and pa3 and had exactly 280 h-c with an artifact doom beamer and i was the same rank at pp1 as i was at the op so 66/ has to be capped rank and needs oooooo only like 100 ish more of ur combat skill to get a rank that still makes an apu's rank bright red :(

i didnt test it with HC3 was without ppu buffs(just self buffs), but as you highlighted we have to rely on a ppu to get our high lol66 high;) rank, does a apu need a ppu to get theres, nope, spy, nope, pe nope.

lol dunno whats going on with your tank though, you should have xx/67 depending on imps

alig
22-01-04, 15:16
i didnt test it with HC3 was without ppu buffs(just self buffs), but as you highlighted we have to rely on a ppu to get our high lol66 high;) rank, does a apu need a ppu to get theres, nope, spy, nope, pe nope.

lol dunno whats going on with your tank though, you should have xx/67 depending on imps

ive seriously considered remaking my tank several times lol, its so annoying but to get back to 100 con as my setup obviously works around that i dunno :/

garyu69
22-01-04, 15:21
I've managed to get my PE upto 68/64** recently and i don't have an SA in, do you think i would be able to reach a *** rank with an SA?

I am Capped. Just curious.

What actually defines the Stars?

alig
22-01-04, 15:24
Originally posted by garyu69
I've managed to get my PE upto 68/64** recently and i don't have an SA in, do you think i would be able to reach a *** rank with an SA?

I am Capped. Just curious.

What actually defines the Stars?

my pe is 3 star :p dont have an sa either, just need an rc3 for a little extra t-c and i use 2 drugs to use silent hunter :D

garyu69
22-01-04, 15:25
Nice.
I'm going to drug up tonight and see how high i can push my rank with every drug possible :D

sw1tch
22-01-04, 16:33
isnt that pa4? i mean, he does have 141 STR with +4x

ezza
22-01-04, 16:36
Originally posted by sw1tch
isnt that pa4? i mean, he does have 141 STR with +4x back then PA3 required more strength to use it, and remember he has 4 drugs on and the PA. so back then i think it was 125 str for PA3(not 100% sure)

so 125 plus all the drugs = 141 str

id say the shot is easily about 10months old

naimex
22-01-04, 16:50
back then PA3 required more strength to use it, and remember he has 4 drugs on and the PA. so back then i think it was 125 str for PA3(not 100% sure)

so 125 plus all the drugs = 141 str

id say the shot is easily about 10months old

nope..but close..

back then it was the insanity..

PA 3 = str 135
PA 4 = str 155

you can still see it on the TL of these 2 armors.

Ralendil
22-01-04, 17:02
who know a PE with 3 stars ? never seen....

ezza
22-01-04, 17:13
Originally posted by Ralendil
who know a PE with 3 stars ? never seen.... not at home so cant name the ones ive seen but i do have a pic of one PE, cant remember name was in crahn sect.

alig
22-01-04, 17:26
who know a PE with 3 stars ? never seen....

my pe is 3 star....also XaNToR is 3 star pe...there are loads although i dunno if u can get 3 star without pulling a sh out

Serpent
22-01-04, 17:38
My pe was a 3star pe ;)

before i loomed to pc :p

ezza
22-01-04, 17:41
hey hey hey stop it stop talking about PEs, im talking about tank here damn joo all:(

Serpent
22-01-04, 17:45
hey hey hey stop it stop talking about PEs, im talking about tank here damn joo all:(

ooops ;)

i want 3stars @ tank too

and why can't ppu's get 93???or hybrids +100 ? THATS NOT FAIR! !!!!

Ralendil
22-01-04, 17:53
srry Ezza ^^
But you were talking 3 stars for all classes ;)

was just one question I was asking myself ;)

The next question is ^^
What kind of weapon PE 3 stars use ? ROHL ?? (don"t answer Ezza would be angry on me ^^ i will find ;))

(oh and all my players have 2 stars always... even my ppu on venus that have fully capped all his spells ^^ stars doesn't show the real power of a runner... especially on ppu ^^ )

ezza
22-01-04, 17:54
srry Ezza ^^
But you were talking 3 stars for all classes ;)

was just one question I was asking myself ;)

The next question is ^^
What kind of weapon PE 3 stars use ? ROHL ??

(oh and all my players have 2 stars always... even my ppu on venus that have fully capped all his spells ^^ stars doesn't show the real power of a runner... especially on ppu ^^ ) silent hunter ibelive, but dunno just what i heard, proberbly FL and distrupter if you gimped yourself and had the right setup

Parappa
22-01-04, 17:56
Classes that can get *** WITHOUT HELP
APU
PPU
Hybrid monk
Rifle spy
Droner (seen droner ranks? Insanity)
Rifle PE

And those that can't
HC tank
Melee tank
Pistol spy (not without lvl 3 buffs or forts)
Pistol PE
("gimp" classes)

So something wrong with pistols, heavy and melee. Fix KK pls
:p

retr0n
22-01-04, 17:57
stars doesn't show the real power of a runner... especially on ppu ^^ )

agree, but 3 stars would still be much cooler then 2 :D even though
it doesnt change your skill in any way

If you saw a guy with *** you wouldnt think "omg he is prolly uber in pvp"
as you dont now, but it would be cool to atleast be able to reach ***

//Radium

alig
22-01-04, 17:59
they should make t-c effect rank like ppw does on monkeys.....that way, u would have to sacrifice agl for rank, i would i know that :P

Clyde
22-01-04, 18:10
the whole star thing is annoying. I say they drop it back to the way it was in previous betas, dont show the rank just stars. No bs dynamic battle rank, just 1 rank and that was based off your stats. I remember back in beta 4 coming across teedeboy and a few of his homies and they was all stars, I was like damn. now any noob with a pimp constructed spell/wep can get stars where as back then you had to EARN it

Kr3Yc3K
22-01-04, 18:14
Originally posted by retr0n
I agree, 3 starts should be available for every class.

just thought you guys wanted to know.

//Radium

just a quick question

what are you talking about?

i am not kampfar, i havent played for almost 1 year.. and i havent got *my* account hacked as well ( thane? )

and who are you anyway?

retr0n
22-01-04, 18:16
Originally posted by Kr3Yc3K
just a quick question

WTF are you talking about?

i am not kampfar, i havent played for almost 1 year.. and i havent got *my* account hacked as well ( thane? )

and who the fuck are you anyway?

Well if it's not you then it's somebody else playing your account.
Last week or so i played around with kampfar and "his" alt _Uman_

//Radium

ezza
22-01-04, 18:16
just a quick question

WTF are you talking about?

and who the fuck are you anyway? if you arnt playing how come _Uman_ s back packs at the battledome, or someone else got the account now?

Strych9
22-01-04, 18:17
Droner ranks are insane. I rerolled my Spy to a Droner, and he is aty 39/31 right now. I shudder to think what he will end up at.

Jest
22-01-04, 18:18
You need rank 76/** to get 3 stars for those who asked.

My pistol PE is 56/68 so I'm a bit far off. :eek:

Kr3Yc3K
humm..... gotta talk to a friend of mine about that subject

ezza
Originally posted by Strych9
Droner ranks are insane. I rerolled my Spy to a Droner, and he is aty 39/31 right now. I shudder to think what he will end up at. think mine somthing like 50/35 or somthing stupid likethat

Cyphor
22-01-04, 18:22
Originally posted by Strych9
Droner ranks are insane. I rerolled my Spy to a Droner, and he is aty 39/31 right now. I shudder to think what he will end up at.

A capped punisher gives 91/xx***, but to get that on a player build one with the cap ql atm you'll need to gimp yourself.

Kr3Yc3K
22-01-04, 18:28
okay guys.. i dont wanna hijack this thread or something

i just want to make clear that it wasnt ME ( the *real* Uman ) that you have seen but a friend of mine ( i dont wanna give any names here :p )

however, you will see me ingame again as soon as (B)DoY is out

thanks and bye ;)

Clownst0pper
22-01-04, 18:28
I got my Pistol spy with a kami in to 74/70** :(

Didnt try it with a pistol 3 and fortress :p

And ive gotten my PE's to 72 before, when using First love.

:angel:

ezza
22-01-04, 18:30
okay guys.. i dont wanna hijack this thread or something

i just want to make clear that it wasnt ME ( the *real* Uman ) that you have seen but a friend of mine ( i dont wanna give any names here :p )

however, you will see me ingame again as soon as (B)DoY is out

thanks and bye ;) np lol since you were a featured tank in the picture.

look forward to seeing one of the old time tanks back in game;)

Dont Mess
22-01-04, 23:05
Originally posted by sw1tch
isnt that pa4? i mean, he does have 141 STR with +4x

look at my sig Rifle Pe 84/69 ***

i have 1 no kami its not hard