22-01-04, 02:37
http://www.austinchronicle.com/mrpants/pants-me.jpg

you don't want to be this guy.

Tazo
22-01-04, 02:38
Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
owned.
sad, but true.

and youre right marx, its just that i just wasted almost 3 years for exactly nothing. :\

Marx
22-01-04, 02:42
the foreign legion (http://www.frenchforeignlegion.org/) is always recruiting.

"legio patria nostra"

can't get more badass than that.

Rieper
22-01-04, 02:54
Delta Force is more bad ass, but you cant tell anyone..

Roseanne Barr _HAS_ a bad ass, but i dont think thats what the foreign legion wants.. although, lots of men int he desert with no company for long enough... maybe.. just maybe

joran420
22-01-04, 03:00
Suxxorz man :( cant you petition to retake the exam...tell them you felt like shit and your gramma just died or someshit...there must be something you can do

Tazo
22-01-04, 03:55
Originally posted by joran420
Suxxorz man :( cant you petition to retake the exam...tell them you felt like shit and your gramma just died or someshit...there must be something you can do
maybe i could, but i didnt fail due to "damn, didnt learn that stuff", i failed due to "i do not understand this stuff despite of 5 semesters of trying to figure it out and i probably will never understand this stuff". so in the big picture, its probably for the better anyway.

still sucks tho :(

Shadow Dancer
22-01-04, 04:03
But you still have the credits of the courses you completed right?

It's not like you'll have to start completely over.....right?

I don't know how it works where you live.

QuantumDelta
22-01-04, 05:11
Sorry to hear that one Tazo guess I didn't wish you enough luck :p

I'm sure you'll find somethin though :)

Felissa
22-01-04, 11:23
Sorry to hear that, I hope this will not happen o me as well.

Have you any plans what you want to do now?

Original monk
22-01-04, 11:39
Originally posted by Tazo
its just that i just wasted almost 3 years for exactly nothing. :\

au contraire

everything ya learned in those 3 years ya will take with ya for the rest of youre life and this knowledge will come in handy at the moments ya least expect it :) its not the goal itself, its the way (or how) you get there wich is important.

i studied 2 years as a male nurse before i started to study audiovisuals and photography, now that i work in a graphical department, i often tought by myself that i wasted those 2 years studying for a male nurse .. BUT: when im on the street walking around and someone gets a heart-attack or stroke or sumthing then i can always re-animate em. So it aint a loss by far :)

its not about what official papers ya have, its about what you can do, youre own capacity/capability: thats the thing thats important

good luck

Felissa
22-01-04, 12:40
Right, you are learning for yourself, not for your future boss. Always keep that in mind and you will get to another point of view to all you have learned and will learn.

GT_Rince
22-01-04, 12:55
Sorry to hear that bud - and what Original monk says is right. You now gotta decide what you wish to do. Go back and re-study? Re-train in a new field? One you know what you want to do, you can decide how to get there. But 3 years isn;t wasted - it could stand you in a strong position for something else.

Rince