PDA

View Full Version : How do you record Neocron footage?

VetteroX
22-01-04, 02:18
I would like to record my pk runs and put it up for download. Then, people can see undeniably how lame some people are for using armies against 1 or 2 pkers, and how effective we are when we do manage to kill the army sent against us. THen I can put it up and people can see first hand... no nead for people denying it and no reason for me to brag. So whats the process invloved? also, I heard it kills your fps... couldnt do it if thats true... anyone know?

ezza
22-01-04, 02:22
i used to use fraps, but think you have to pay for it now as they have a new version out.

it didnt kill my FPS but it did lower it a bit, depending on what details you have on(vegitation etc) it should be ok

be cool to watch, g0ds videos were cool to watch(lol your tank was in the first vid)

been meaning to download a new program to records action myself, so good op war action or PP fighting etc, im just to lazy that i havnt got around to doing it

KramerTheWeird
22-01-04, 02:24
If you have a good machine you won't notice it as much, but take for example g.0.d's pk videos, he was forced to lower his resolution and got very meager fps, maybe 4-5 frames per second. As for your other problem, that's Saturn for you.

DonnyJepp
22-01-04, 02:31
If you can afford it, go S-Video out into another video capture rig.

I tried FRAPS and it made my framerate go totally to hell at any kind of a frame rate.

G.0.D.
22-01-04, 02:32
try reading my tutorial (in my sig)

wun
22-01-04, 02:47
link to movies tute is 'invalid'...

:p

G.0.D.
22-01-04, 03:16
mother fucking hell bitch ass tit mother fucker.

Who ever deleted my thread is getting a sandwitch but im not putting any mustard on it.

seriusly mods revive that thread so these people can learn and become uber. :/ dont make me write it out again

ezza
22-01-04, 03:19
can we not entice you into making a PvP 5 ;)

Drexel
22-01-04, 03:59
Dammit, just what I need, fottage of Vet owning (own not pwn)me on the net.

g0rt
22-01-04, 04:41
If you can pk with 8fps you'll be fine, otherwise you may have a problem.

t0rqu3
22-01-04, 07:01
Next time I'm out with FRIENDS I'll remember to record that so you can see what having FRIENDS is like Vet.

Kay?

SorkZmok
22-01-04, 07:31
Originally posted by VetteroX
I would like to record my pk runs and put it up for download. Then, people can see undeniably how lame some people are for using armies against ME ME ME, and how effective I I I are when I I I do manage to kill the army sent against ME ME ME. THen I can put it up and people can see first hand... no nead for people denying it and no reason for me to brag. So whats the process invloved? also, I heard it kills your fps... couldnt do it if thats true... anyone know?

Err whatever. I kinda like you but you need to fucking calm down. :p :p :p

SorkZmok
22-01-04, 07:32
Originally posted by g0rt
I do that all the time. o_O

/edit
damn 60 second spam thing....

VetteroX
22-01-04, 07:44
wow torque, seeing as how you have 24/7 survalence of me, you must know I have no freinds, right? BTW... thats the oldest excuse for getting owned in games ever... if they own you, you have no skills, if you own them, you have no life... funny how that works out.

I want the video so I can show it to everyone so the mercs/TG HAVE to admit they need an army to kill me. Thats it. If they would admit it, I wouldnt need it but it seems I need video evidence.

I wish they would just say "yes we cant take you 1vs1 or 2vs1 or sometimes 3vs1 so we need ppus and numbers because we dont like dieing... we want to win and we will do what we have to do to win against you"

I just dont understand why I cant raid MB and the mercs can be like "ok, time to defend mb, line up" and they send one fighter out at a time and I get to stay until I lose 1vs1.... whats not fair about that? Seriously. If not at least ADMIT you want me dead but you NEED numbers to take me down and they have no right to be proud for killing me cause you needed numbers. Fine kill me but dont be fucking PROUD because you did it with a ppu, 2 apus, 2 tanks and a pe... THATS what drives me nuts.

If they would just say that, Id clam down but until they admit it I wont. All they can say is after I kill 10 of them and they finnaly get me with a ppu and a few apus is that I suck.... and If they want to be idiots ill show the truth.

Do you guys have ANY idea how teeth grindingly annoying it is when I raid, 2 tanks come out, breifly fight me, run back inside, and then the 2 tanks come out, followed by 2 apus, 2 ppus and 3 pes? I mean WHY bring ppus vs people with no pes? someone tell me why?

SorkZmok
22-01-04, 09:01
Wow. I was making fun when i changed your text a bit. But that was kinda the way you meant it anyway. At least it looks like it now.

You win you lose you flame them they flame you. Now why make a movie of that crap? Everyone who plays this game know this shit. And a video of you owning and shit doesnt change a fucking thing.

Just the fact you wanna film your ownage makes you an idiot and the whole thing a joke.

At least in my opinion.

g0rt
22-01-04, 09:58
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Wow. I was making fun when i changed your text a bit. But that was kinda the way you meant it anyway. At least it looks like it now.

You win you lose you flame them they flame you. Now why make a movie of that crap? Everyone who plays this game know this shit. And a video of you owning and shit doesnt change a fucking thing.

Just the fact you wanna film your ownage makes you an idiot and the whole thing a joke.

At least in my opinion.

theres not a single merc in existance that can get vetterox under 200hp alone, im 100% sure of that, so i doubt he wins and loses. he wins and gets ganked, getting ganked and losing are two different things, but some people *cough cm* seem to forget that

Original monk
22-01-04, 10:05
Originally posted by g0rt

i used to fight smokeyj and all he's friends in pepper park with about 1 to 3 fps (sumthimes even peaks at 7 FPS !!!!!, when i looked at the ground that was) : i regularly got shouted at for having a bad aim, being skilless etc :P

but now i made myself a fresh new computer and my fps stays constant so im in the fun again :P

i played full beta4 on my laptop on my bed :P 4mb videomemory woohoo :P didnt come outta my room except fo eating/drinking/bathroom lol, those where fun times :P

Pking nathan profit on a laptop lol, loosar

•Super|\|ova•
22-01-04, 10:13
Oh dear, here we go again. You must feel really bad about yourself since you're egoposting all the time. What, are you 13 or something? Jesus dude, I had respect for you before you started your own egoboostingcampaign on these forums. Not anymore.

I bet you're really good in PvP but what's the point in this egoposting thing? Are you just trying to get some attention you feel lacking of?

And yes, I know your posts are not direct egoboostposts but it just seems that you just try to come up with some side-subjects that lets you egopost and kind of ignore the side-subject. And you know this kind of subjects usually end up in flamewars and some mod closing the thread.

And since SOOOOOO MANY people have said the same to you before alot... why won't you just learn and take a look on your posts and try to stop that shit? o_O

MjukisDjur
22-01-04, 13:18
Absolute best way imop:

borrow or buy a dv cam with svhs in. Record the shit, upload it to the computer and save it as wmv. Looks awesome. If someone can host a little crap something for me I can ftp an example.

Edit: hmm, just checked my examples and they were not that very optimized but atleast better than the fraps crap :)

Richard Slade
22-01-04, 13:21
Vett don't do that
It'll only gimme more reason to hunt you
for your lameness of random PKing on n00bs and other shitty stuff
You really sure you wanna show the world what a lamer you are?

*And yes I'm not in a good mood today*

ALSO I wish to add this:
When attacking someones home
Don't you think everyone in there will get pissed off at you?!
No wonder they ally up against you
No one likes someone bitching about at their place
So they do it the fastest way.
I wouldn't call that lame...
Rather smart
You're just stupid when doing that and then whining

Ahh I remember Kampfars glory days in TG running..
Still got 7 of his Stealthers I looted...
But he didn't whine... Never.

Punisher-X
22-01-04, 13:26
Guesse I miss all the fun :D
Never seen you at MB to date, nor heard anyone announce it over Faction, I'd gladly give ya a 1 v 1 to see what all the fuss is about :p
I agree tho, 1 v 1 is nice, 2 v 1 is fun, 3 v 1 can get silly, and after that it starts getting stupid.

Xizor
22-01-04, 13:33
I'd like to see those videos.
I seriously doubt though that your idea of fair play (the only way you can win perhaps?) is going to happen. Come on imagine for instance in the real world:
You run in a police station and start shooting everyone, I promise you they will not just say: "ok, some maniac is killing people but it's most "fair" if we send one man in at a time so the maniac have a bigger chance of killing us all"...
And I'm bd btw ;)

•Super|\|ova•
22-01-04, 13:37
Originally posted by Xizor
I'd like to see those videos.
I seriously doubt though that your idea of fair play (the only way you can win perhaps?) is going to happen. Come on imagine for instance in the real world:
You run in a police station and start shooting everyone, I promise you they will not just say: "ok, some maniac is killing people but it's most "fair" if we send one man in at a time so the maniac have a bigger chance of killing us all"...
And I'm bd btw ;)

Hehe :) that's true.

alig
22-01-04, 14:18
Yeah the cm clans on saturn seem just like the ts clans on uranus, proper nob ed's :p i had a hybrid saying he owned my ppu, there was about 7 on 2 and he casted normal shel on my ppu and according to him "i was fucking OWNED" cuz i zoned and waited for it to go :lol: some ppl are so dumb its just undescribable....its odd how all 7 of them couldnt even start to touch my hp even debuffing me yet i was owned:rolleyes:

Wellard
22-01-04, 14:33
I just dont understand why I cant raid MB and the mercs can be like "ok, time to defend mb, line up" and they send one fighter out at a time and I get to stay until I lose 1vs1.... whats not fair about that? Seriously.

wtf? you are serious? wots not fair about this?

Let me tell you, the people in MB aren't here solely to fight you, they dont log on just to hear that some pillock is pking noobs at MB.

Why shouldnt they send out an army? Maybe they want to get rid of the nob'ed attacking and get on with playing the game the way they want, not the way you want.

If you want to just pvp all the time, then brag about how many you can take on, y not use NF?

I agree totally with supernova and richard slade

oh no sorry Im wrong, this is vetteroxocron isn't it, and if it isn't they way you want, its lame isn't it............ :rolleyes: please excuse my post your godliness :rolleyes:

ezza
22-01-04, 14:35
lol its funny you say that mercs dont log on to fight the pkers, cos that was wheni was a merc the main reason i would log on, so i could fight the pkers(shame other mercs didnt do that:rolleyes: )

if they actually fough people like Vet 1v1 on a regular basis they might get some skills.

when i was merc and fighting pkers day in day out my skills increased a lot

Wellard
22-01-04, 14:38
lol ezza, wot I meant was they dont solely log on to fight nob'eds like him all the time,

yeah we all log on to pk the plonkers who think its funny to pk noobs at times :p ;)

I'm not saying he hasnt got the skills, just saying that we aren't all here to play it his way, the way he wants all the time

G.0.D.
27-01-04, 02:54
can we not entice you into making a PvP 5 :)

hehe, its a posibility. I have a way better set up now; Svideo out to a vcr + sound ...
prety sexky the thought of no fps loss during recording :o

t0rqu3
27-01-04, 03:05
wow torque, seeing as how you have 24/7 survalence of me, you must know I have no freinds, right? BTW... thats the oldest excuse for getting owned in games ever... if they own you, you have no skills, if you own them, you have no life... funny how that works out.

I want the video so I can show it to everyone so the mercs/TG HAVE to admit they need an army to kill me. Thats it. If they would admit it, I wouldnt need it but it seems I need video evidence.

I wish they would just say "yes we cant take you 1vs1 or 2vs1 or sometimes 3vs1 so we need ppus and numbers because we dont like dieing... we want to win and we will do what we have to do to win against you"

I just dont understand why I cant raid MB and the mercs can be like "ok, time to defend mb, line up" and they send one fighter out at a time and I get to stay until I lose 1vs1.... whats not fair about that? Seriously. If not at least ADMIT you want me dead but you NEED numbers to take me down and they have no right to be proud for killing me cause you needed numbers. Fine kill me but dont be fucking PROUD because you did it with a ppu, 2 apus, 2 tanks and a pe... THATS what drives me nuts.

If they would just say that, Id clam down but until they admit it I wont. All they can say is after I kill 10 of them and they finnaly get me with a ppu and a few apus is that I suck.... and If they want to be idiots ill show the truth.

Do you guys have ANY idea how teeth grindingly annoying it is when I raid, 2 tanks come out, breifly fight me, run back inside, and then the 2 tanks come out, followed by 2 apus, 2 ppus and 3 pes? I mean WHY bring ppus vs people with no pes? someone tell me why?

Yeah I know how people work in this game. When demon-surge, Twitch, and myself PKed before we quit NC for the first time, it was like that. It'd be us 3, and then people would assemble in Tech Haven clan aps before they even tried to kill us with like 2-3 people, they'd just come with like 10 or 15, then always be like yeah you guys suck, you died.

TBH me and Twitch weren't that great gear/level wise, we were too lazy and stuff to get good items, but the fact we'd get big armies after us nonetheless was funny. Demon was quite good as he has no job and uses welfare to play his games all day lololol.

But for real just let the fact people are gunna exaggerate and lie about ganking you go, just feel good in the fact they're lying about numbers because you've made them embarassed, it's what makes PKing fun.

Edit - For example my friend Simon from American Idol on Saturn has stirred up some shit lately, and then this rich loser (won't bother saying his name) was bragging in trade how he had bought Simon's 5 slot holy halo from someone who hacked his belt when he had -17 SL, 5 slot halos are totally worthless, but Simon made his worth something, which is cool.

BeaNo
27-01-04, 03:08
Originally posted by ezza

if they actually fough people like Vet 1v1 on a regular basis they might get some skills.

Funny whenever u did try to fight him 1v1 in the game it was always a case of him waitin for u to start talking to some1 so he could catch u in the middle of typing something so u had half health be4 the fight even started. :rolleyes:

Tbh i hope he does record it coz i would like to see our army (of 3 people usually) blowing his hovertec and seeing him run to the zone line :lol:

who needs stealth when u can jump on a hover and run away to heal and buff yaself again

ezza
27-01-04, 03:15
well, i dont really want to get into the Vetterox debate again, already had that this morning.

but when i saw him in action, its a diffrent story from what a lot of mercs say.

as for the part about him getting you while talking, when im out and about im alwys checking my local list, dont want noone getting the drop on my tank

BeaNo
27-01-04, 03:21
Im sick of the vet debate to, trouble is with the lag and stuff u get atm local aint been to accurate, just see a hovertec with no driver suddenly Bang there he is.
Still back on topic i would love to see the vids if he gets em done, like u said its a different story from each persons point of view, and i can tell u some of the stuff he says is bull but then who doesnt like to exagerrate (spelling (mind u it is 1 am)) there little PK fests

g0rt
27-01-04, 03:24
Originally posted by BeaNo
Im sick of the vet debate to, trouble is with the lag and stuff u get atm local aint been to accurate, just see a hovertec with no driver suddenly Bang there he is.
Still back on topic i would love to see the vids if he gets em done, like u said its a different story from each persons point of view, and i can tell u some of the stuff he says is bull but then who doesnt like to exagerrate (spelling (mind u it is 1 am)) there little PK fests

I wouldn't count on it...unless hes running some kind of supercomputer I doubt hes gonna be able to pvp well and record it at the same time.

Gungnir
27-01-04, 04:39
--
Because one thinks someone has a personality flaw doesn't
mean you can Troll the forum about it?

Assuming what most of you say, what if Vet always air an
egotistical tone in his post, there is usually other information
within the post as well; a question; comment or request. Yet the
masses focus at his alleged lack of humbleness and turn the
thread off-topic.

Perhaps if the users did not pay so much attention to that aspect
he wouldn't be influenced. Vet has broken no rules so please if
you're going to remind him on your opinion of him in each and
every one of his threads and posts DON'T post at all.

This thread will stay open until:
1. His question is answered.
2. The thread goes off-topic ... again.
Which ever comes first.
--
Gungnir

G.0.D.
27-01-04, 06:12
Gungir get my thread about making movies open again so i dont have 2 rewrite the tutorail plz