PDA

View Full Version : Turrets @ UG

MjukisDjur
21-01-04, 23:42
Ok, so how the hell do one get out if someone have put 2 stuntraps at UG entry? I would very much like to know...
The solution must not contain set kill_self though

Spectra260
21-01-04, 23:46
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
Ok, so how the hell do one get out if someone have put 2 stuntraps at UG entry? I would very much like to know...
The solution must not contain set kill_self though

try and blow them up...

if that doesnt work try contacting a GM using either ingame help or helpdesk

Carbonite
21-01-04, 23:48
Contacting a GM to get you out of a Underground with turrets in wont help.. We wont warp ppl out of there (unless they are stuck due to a bug)

Spectra260
21-01-04, 23:51
Originally posted by Carbonite
Contacting a GM to get you out of a Underground with turrets in wont help.. We wont warp ppl out of there (unless they are stuck due to a bug)

he obviously is stuck...due to the turrets pushing him against the wall...

it happend to me and i had to kill myself to get out of it...

Carbonite
21-01-04, 23:55
ohhh darn ... ill have to remember to pass that on

Edit: MjukisDjur what server are you stuck on ?? (in PM please)

MjukisDjur
22-01-04, 00:00
If you guys only could get rid of the push effect. Being stunned is perfectly allright but I hate the push.

And guys, kill one stun trap = lots and lots of people there to check it out...

Judge
22-01-04, 00:03
Ack... spectra that sig keeps on distracting me :(

Tell me... is it anyone you know :p

SorkZmok
22-01-04, 00:12
JUST GET RID OF THE FUCKING PUSH EFFECT THING!

Carbonite
22-01-04, 00:13
Originally posted by SorkZmok
JUST GET RID OF THE FUCKING PUSH EFFECT THING!
uhh and the reason for this outburst was ????

22-01-04, 00:36

Pushing effect sucks and causes people to get stuck.

RayBob
22-01-04, 00:37
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
If you guys only could get rid of the push effect. Being stunned is perfectly allright but I hate the push.When is KK going to address the push effect of turrets? Is there any person that thinks it is fair?

uhh and the reason for this outburst was ???? If any KK developer created a character, leveled him up, joined a clan, and regularly participated in OP wars...they wouldn't have to ask. The push effect of stun turrets needs to be removed. It is in effect a "one-shot-kill." But again, if you participate in OP wars on a regular basis, you already know how unfair they are.

Spectra260
22-01-04, 00:38
Originally posted by Judge
Ack... spectra that sig keeps on distracting me :(

Tell me... is it anyone you know :p

its glyc :eek:

nah jk...i jacked it from his sig though

Ryuben
22-01-04, 01:57

carb mainly because when people use them it is very easy toget stuck in map glitches / corners where u can't move at all, only solution is reset pos or kill self

neither apeal if
A) ur in the UG and reset pos won't help u much

B) ur mid way threw a fight and reset pos / kill self would help ur clan mates much :P

40$Poser
22-01-04, 02:13
Originally posted by #151988
Pushing effect sucks and causes people to get stuck.

ahem that's why they call them stun traps, your stunned... can't really move...

DonnyJepp
22-01-04, 02:46
Originally posted by Spectra260
he obviously is stuck...due to the turrets pushing him against the wall...

it happend to me and i had to kill myself to get out of it...

Yeah but that's not a bug, that's working as intended :D

Sure I've had to /kill self, reset position, or just plain log out to get out of the stun turret trap, live and learn :)

I can just see what road this is going down. NERF THE PUSH EFFECT. 3 weeks later NERF THE STUN EFFECT IT RUINS PVP. And next round it's STUN TURRETS OVERBALANCE PEEVEEPEE NERF THEM TO OBLIVION. And so on, pretty soon you'll be saying that Gatlins are overpowered because they can shoot you :rolleyes:

Seriously, you guys need to stay out of the underground and out of hostile ops and maybe you won't have this problem.

/casts heat boost 4

darkservent
22-01-04, 02:51
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
Yeah but that's not a bug, that's working as intended :D

Sure I've had to /kill self, reset position, or just plain log out to get out of the stun turret trap, live and learn :)

I can just see what road this is going down. NERF THE PUSH EFFECT. 3 weeks later NERF THE STUN EFFECT IT RUINS PVP. And next round it's STUN TURRETS OVERBALANCE PEEVEEPEE NERF THEM TO OBLIVION. And so on, pretty soon you'll be saying that Gatlins are overpowered because they can shoot you :rolleyes:

Seriously, you guys need to stay out of the underground and out of hostile ops and maybe you won't have this problem.

/casts heat boost 4

FUCK LOL. Theyll be the next MONKs.

Odin
22-01-04, 02:53
Uh guys I think Carb knows. He's just being coy about getting your point across without the OMG LIKE CAPS AND SWEARING HELP MY CASE!!!!@@#@! ONOZ!

:D :p

RayBob
22-01-04, 03:48
Seriously, Odin, what are you guys going to do about the pushing effect of the stun turrets? I don't care about the parashock, the stealth dropping, nothing...it is the pushing effect that is insanely overpowering. It traps you in spots and when they are dropped around you in the middle of an OP fight they determine the outcome of the fight. Once again, the push effect is the deciding factor. Let us fight and let our skill determine the outcome. We can deal with the damage from gats and parashock but there is nothing we can do to compensate for the push effect. It is an automatic win.

Drexel
22-01-04, 03:52
Does destroying a turrent message the owning clan ?

(Im not normally involved in OP matters)

Also, do turrents regenerate ? Ive destroyed one before & it was back in like a minute. Or was it stealth dropped ?

RayBob
22-01-04, 03:54
Originally posted by Drexel
Does destroying a turrent message the owning clan ?Yes.

Originally posted by Drexel
Also, do turrents regenerate ? Ive destroyed one before & it was back in like a minute. Or was it stealth dropped ? No, they don't regenerate. They will, however, slowly heal themselves if not fully destroyed.

kurai
22-01-04, 04:37
Just an FYI ....

Owning clan doesn't get messages about turrets destroyed in UnderGround areas, only those above ground.

Bug, presumably, as I can't think of a sane reason for it to be deliberate.

sl33py
22-01-04, 11:40
You should know when turrets are kos to you when you go inside a certain ug.

Here is a valuable tip : Don't go in the UG of an op if there are turrets shooting you from the outside

MjukisDjur
22-01-04, 12:29
Good tip but I had in mind that turrets in UG was a bannable offence which it isnt any more... :)

Kurai : good tip with clan doesnt receive warning though for UG turret killing. Got to try that one...

Spex
22-01-04, 12:36
I would rather have the collision checks and/or the push-routine fixed as this "into-the-wall"-pushing happens with other stuff, too ...

Scikar
22-01-04, 12:44
If the stuns didn't push people then you couldn't use them as they were intended - to keep enemies out of your OP, and force them to destroy the turret to get in, telling you they are there.

Remove stun trap push, put doors on OPs and hack rooms.

RayBob
22-01-04, 12:50
Originally posted by Scikar
If the stuns didn't push people then you couldn't use them as they were intended - to keep enemies out of your OP, and force them to destroy the turret to get in, telling you they are there.If this was the only way that stun traps were being used then I might agree with you. However, the reality is that they are being used DURING a fight as an offensive weapon--dropped behind players that are already in the OP to trap and slaughter them.

MjukisDjur
22-01-04, 13:14
No, I dont beleive that stun traps should be used to keep people out.
Thats what the other turrets are there for. They should make people move like maggots though which they do just fine.
The push effect is just plain silly and is being used as a cheap trick to trap people completely without giving them a chance.

Maarten
22-01-04, 13:21
I think everybody agrees that dropping turrets should take some time (construction process).

RayBob
22-01-04, 13:37
Originally posted by Maarten
I think everybody agrees that dropping turrets should take some time (construction process). As nice as this would be, I don't even care if they do it. I don't care if they make turrets half as expensive and double the limit per OP.

Being parashocked by a stun turret while you are trying to defend yourself against APUs and tanks blasting away at you is an extreme hindrance. This is why literally hundreds of threads have been started about nerfing parashock. The parashock from a stun turret is worse than any PPU could cast as it requires no mana and it constantly spammed. Despite all this, I still don't think they should be removed from the game. There are ways to deal with the parashock and damage from gat turrets.

IT IS THE PUSH EFFECT. The push effect is the only thing that makes stun turrets unbalanced. They can tear apart the most organized fighting team. There is no way to counter the effect.

Devils Grace
22-01-04, 15:04
u should md that op clan leader and thx him very much and kiss him

kuz if it was in one of the cartel's op u wouldnt need to kell self

there would be a stun and right in front of u a gaitling to help u the kill self make mind decision pretty damn fast

so dont whine just be gratefull

:lol:

22-01-04, 18:47
Originally posted by 40$Poser
ahem that's why they call them stun traps, your stunned... can't really move...

How about ... no! With stuck I mean unable to move, stun is ment to slow you down NOT to get you stuck.

22-01-04, 18:50
Originally posted by Scikar
.Remove stun trap push, put doors on OPs and hack rooms.

Indeed. Make it like in DAoC, clans can buy doors of several levels, each level better than the previous one but also more expensive. They go down if you shoot em long enough.