PDA

View Full Version : Look at the announcement forum.

Marx
21-01-04, 23:26
friendly heads up (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88215)

Judge
21-01-04, 23:38
Damn.... I know a few people with them... I had better give em a shout.

They should definitely announce this in-game because alot of people don't check the forums and even I, a huge forum user, don't check the Announcement forum that much. Definitely announce it in-game.

Anyway, why can't we use them :( They look well cool and it would be sweet as a special type of weapon to add a bit of variety.

shodanjr_gr
21-01-04, 23:40
I dont get it. They dont to good damage, the dont have extreme range. They are not overpowering. Why is it wrong to use them?

Dribble Joy
21-01-04, 23:43
They were never meant to drop in the first place, so owning one is kinda bad.

It would be cool if they could actually be used, make it a mid level rare or something, you would have to kill a copbot to get it, (and a really hard hack to open, 100+) and seen with on in your inv would mean KOS by CA/copbots :p

Spectra260
21-01-04, 23:45
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
They were never meant to drop in the first place, so owning one is kinda bad.

It would be cool if they could actually be used, make it a mid level rare or something, you would have to kill a copbot to get it, (and a really hard hack to open, 100+) and seen with on in your inv would mean KOS by CA/copbots :p

thats what i tryed saying awhile ago... i guess they just dont want to though...

i think it would be cool to do it...

MjukisDjur
21-01-04, 23:45
I really cannot see what the fuss is all about... Ok if it was a super duper mega rifle but this...?

Odin
21-01-04, 23:48
Just helping the GM's with policy :)

Apparently they can cause some actual game problems as far as lagging people. Not sure if it's planned for removal but I'm guessing if they are causing problems like that then they should be but I'm not going to say for sure until after I've talked with Snow/Thanny on it.

Dribble Joy
21-01-04, 23:51
Ah, fair nuff.

Also, don't they act like spells? ie no aiming?

Sovellis
21-01-04, 23:52
come to think of it, when ever a copbot tends to shoot me the thin copbot line above my head does seem to waver my fps for a few seconds, nothing i cant handle, but i hand thought about it before now

Carbonite
21-01-04, 23:53
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Ah, fair nuff.

Also, don't they act like spells? ie no aiming?

That 2

Judge
21-01-04, 23:57
I've heard that there are problems with some peoples FPS and erm most spells. Can you remove them too? :p

Carbonite
21-01-04, 23:59
i think i heard somewhere that Judge was causing alot of Lag .. maybe we should remove him to ;) :p (j/k)

Dribble Joy
22-01-04, 00:00
GM SPAM!!!!1onetwotesting!!!!!! ONOZ!!!!!!!!!eightnine

Judge
22-01-04, 00:00
:(

Stop being mean, meanie :p

But at least my comment was based on truth :D

joran420
22-01-04, 01:06
hah :) well at least now we got the official word

Keiron
22-01-04, 01:13
I'm with Judge, they have the same graphic as Toxic Beam. I don't see KK telling anyone to turn them in:rolleyes:

Netphreak
22-01-04, 02:50
Well its about time they changed the COPBOT rifle to drop only on all servers and make it require 120 DEX and 95 T-C so its spy only!

Of course fix its other niggly problems first but seriously i would love the idea of getting a team to kill a copbot to get an uber rifle that there's no chance in hell of a pe using!

BombShell
22-01-04, 03:09
remove copbots them selves if their lagging the game.

G.0.D.
22-01-04, 03:23
If you start giving out mc5 chips for the rifles more people will turn them in :D

Shadow Dancer
22-01-04, 03:34
omg so you're going to ban all the copbots and mc5 guards?

phunqe
22-01-04, 09:30
Originally posted by Netphreak
Well its about time they changed the COPBOT rifle to drop only on all servers and make it require 120 DEX and 95 T-C so its spy only!

Of course fix its other niggly problems first but seriously i would love the idea of getting a team to kill a copbot to get an uber rifle that there's no chance in hell of a pe using!

YES! :D

Hear hear KK :p

•Super|\|ova•
22-01-04, 09:40
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
omg so you're going to ban all the copbots and mc5 guards?

Clever bastard :lol:

Finl
22-01-04, 10:02
i might have some of them _SOMEWHERE_ in my apartments :)
need to check it out.

*going to hide hes 5 slotter*

Original monk
22-01-04, 10:14
i think its 2 bad that they dont drop out of copbots no more :/

also i dont get all the fuzz also

a while ago there where copbotrifles that dropped outta warbots as loot ... do these worked ?? i wonna know cause i sold about 30 of em to yo's (about 8 months ago) ... they stacked up as recycleloot when ya had em ... so i sold em for about 1k a piece to yos :)

g0rt
22-01-04, 10:17
i got copbot rifle ammo is that illegal

im assuming not

Original monk
22-01-04, 10:25
Originally posted by g0rt
i got copbot rifle ammo is that illegal

im assuming not

well ya can try to trow someone to dead with it but i dont think thats gonna have alot of effect.

but i wonna know from someone who has decent CPR knowledge if ya can use/shoot the CPR-rifles that used to drop by accident as warbotloot, or are those not working ? thats is if ya have the decent ammo ?

its yust: like i told ya i sold all my loot-rifles to yo's but if they happen to have worked i will never forgive myself lol :P

g0rt
22-01-04, 10:27
Originally posted by Original monk
well ya can try to trow someone to dead with it but i dont think thats gonna have alot of effect

Ill get right on that :D

SynC_187
22-01-04, 10:40
It says trying to use them and trying to sell them is bad, no mention of keeping them in your cabs as a novelty item.

Whats the policy on that?
Is there a reward for handing them in?

MjukisDjur
22-01-04, 13:16
Originally posted by G.0.D.
If you start giving out mc5 chips for the rifles more people will turn them in :D

Now there we got a damn good idea. Not that I have any rifles *cough cough*

Original monk
22-01-04, 13:36
doesnt anyone know if ya can use the copbotrifles that accidentaly dropped out of warbots ? i know they stacked up like psiboosters or the bags of loot thats why i tough ya couldnt use em ... anyone ever tried using one ? i even tought that ya couldnt hold em but i might be wrong ... that is if ya have the "special" ammo of em i think ... i wonna know if i sold about 30 real copbotrifles to yo's or yust 30 bugged to hell guns that wont load/fire/usuable or whatever ..

:confused: i yust dont remember anymore if i could hold/pull em or not :/