PDA

View Full Version : Strength based belts

RayBob
21-01-04, 22:50
I think that every class should have high-level armor (for every armor slot) that they can aspire to wear as they level up. Tanks should have high quality strength based belts and (suggested to death) give spies some decent DEX based armor. :D

Dazist
21-01-04, 23:06
High str belts which are called shield generator belts. Very high str requirements so its pretty much tank only. Shelter + deflector effect of some degree like 30% off all damage except poison damage or something similar.

Psyco Groupie
21-01-04, 23:07
guys stop thinking:

class > main skill > amazing new item for my fav class > OOooo must tell forum

B A L A N C E

:rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
21-01-04, 23:09
No to dex armour. Spy defence is good as it should be as it is.

Belts are INT based, all of them, it's what belts do. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Judge
21-01-04, 23:34
Originally posted by Dazist
High str belts which are called shield generator belts. Very high str requirements so its pretty much tank only. Shelter + deflector effect of some degree like 30% off all damage except poison damage or something similar.

Yay lets give Tanks PEs defences (or better with 35 extra cons), combined with their better offence and no need to buff.... OMG I think we have a winner!!!

t0tt3
22-01-04, 00:14
tanks doesnt need any belts they can cap any resist they need anyway so leave it as it is..... Maybe give the SPY som SPY ONLY belts that has cool res setups... DEX/INT combo belts? =)

Or just a tag "SPY ONLY" would do just fine to :)

Kal
22-01-04, 00:22
spys already get their own high level belt, tho monks can use em too

Prodigious
22-01-04, 00:41
Originally posted by Dazist

this is just silly, so monks get psi armour, that makes sense, but spies arent designed to wear armour, like duranit 4's but have the int for high levl belts (i mean heavy energy belts are good things)

PA's help define classes a little in terms of armour, and thats all it should be

otherwise you might aswell make, str armour, str belts, str psi spells, dex spells, dex belts, dex armour and all again for int, con and psi, then give everyone 100 caps in every skill,

characters are supposed to have specialities, not gonna be much good if every class is the same just their skills are called different things :rolleyes:

Holy Lightning tank anyone?

Cytaur
22-01-04, 00:48
concept of dex based armor is retarded.... unless its a special power glove.....

Omnituens
22-01-04, 01:44
you get str belts when monks get psi bones, eyes and backbones

kthxbye

CarniFlex
22-01-04, 03:21
Stop talking bout this!!!!

Carbonite or someone else might hear it and think its a good idea!!!!

RayBob
22-01-04, 03:37
Originally posted by Omnituens
you get str belts when monks get psi bones, eyes and backbones

kthxbye Actually, monks should get those. Every class should be able to use high quality items in every implant and armor slot.

I have noticed that weapons have gotten stronger and stronger over the last year. There is nothing wrong with making the armor/implants of the players stronger to compensate. The beauty of PvP in this game is that it is not a 1-2 shot kill like in most FPS games. Duels can actually take a while and you have time to try different strategies. This is the way it should be.

Originally posted by Cytaur
concept of dex based armor is retarded.... unless its a special power glove..... Yet the concept of PSI based armor is fine?

Cytaur
22-01-04, 03:42
no, psi based armor is lame as well, but its already in game o_O

in fact, the whole concept of PSI monk is lame

Shadow Dancer
22-01-04, 03:43
I don't see how the concept of dex based armor is retarded.

With some creativity you can easily find a good RP reason for anything.

RayBob
22-01-04, 03:50
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I don't see how the concept of dex based armor is retarded.

With some creativity you can easily find a good RP reason for anything. Of course. Spies are the main engineers of Neocron (res and cst). You think these guys wouldn't have made some cool, high-tech, light-weight armor for themselves? :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
22-01-04, 04:02
Originally posted by RayBob
Of course. Spies are the main engineers of Neocron (res and cst). You think these guys wouldn't have made some cool, high-tech, light-weight armor for themselves? :rolleyes:

Exactly. Their intelligence is on par with PSI monks. They should be just as creative and powerful, but with technology.

bleh

Zeekal
22-01-04, 12:04
Thats not the best idea ive heard. The whole idea that spys cant wear decent armour is cos they dont have a high enough strengh.... but to make up for this they wear highly effective belts. Think what'll happen if you introduce high level armour for every skill, every class will have the same armour values and be the same difficulty to kill. The whole idea of spys is to either shoot from a distance, stealth away, or stand around plaza constructing, im not saying pistol spys suck ... cos i love them :P

sounds like some of you want to try something different. I had an idea which is perfectly possible, sp much so im trying it at the moment.

Pistol Tank - runs around with a libby. and YEs the tank can cap the libby RoF and theres absolutely no reason why a tank cant cap the aiming as well.

you have 5 slots to put in dex chips. tank dex cap at 80 .... libby req = 91

dex spine 3 and 2 chips = 15 dex

thats 95 dex enough for the libby ....

the other two chip slots can be used to boost weaponlore.

plus there the PC eye. which also boosts it.

Think of the pwnage con setup.

THeres no need for a spy with decent armour ... a pistol tank is much better.

All the strengh points can be put on resist force until capped.... best thing is to have a certain amount of Melee.... in order to use PoT

This is one of those fun classes thats stupidly good :)

RayBob
22-01-04, 12:46
Originally posted by Zeekal
Thats not the best idea ive heard. The whole idea that spys cant wear decent armour is cos they dont have a high enough strengh....Monks have even less strength than spies and yet they have superb armor. You simply can't use strength as a justification.

Think what'll happen if you introduce high level armour for every skill, every class will have the same armour values and be the same difficulty to kill.Have you ever seen how fast an unbuffed APU dies? Monks have superb armor that gives them well-rounded decent levels of resists in nearly all categories and yet they die very quickly to a good tank or PE. Spies have even less CON than monks. Giving the spies decent armor (not amazing but decent) will not make them some sort of uber close-up fighters. They will still be the most fragile class.

Another thing to remember is that only spies can cap the high TL pistols. Without decent armor it is very hard for this class to be viable which is why you see very very few pistol spies.

Pistol Tank - runs around with a libby. and YEs the tank can cap the libby RoF and theres absolutely no reason why a tank cant cap the aiming as well....THeres no need for a spy with decent armour ... a pistol tank is much better.The pistol tank concept is not new. I don't see why the fact that tanks can use pistols in any way justifies spies not getting decent armor.

Lucjan
22-01-04, 12:59
Havent we been there before? ;-)

STR based belts...what for?!?
The current armor/belt system works great in my opinion, no need to screw with it by adding STR based belts or DEX based armor. If changes are required, then there were two ideas that do the job without ravamping the entire system:

1. Lower STR requirements in Inq-1 and Dur-1 by 3 or 6 STR so a spy can use them easier

2. Lower INT requirements on Light belts IF we want tanks to use them.

RayBob
22-01-04, 13:20
Originally posted by Lucjan
Havent we been there before? ;-)

STR based belts...what for?!?
The current armor/belt system works great in my opinion, no need to screw with it by adding STR based belts or DEX based armor. If changes are required, then there were two ideas that do the job without ravamping the entire system:

1. Lower STR requirements in Inq-1 and Dur-1 by 3 or 6 STR so a spy can use them easier

2. Lower INT requirements on Light belts IF we want tanks to use them. You missed the point entirely.

In most RPGs (online and single player both), each class has their own armor. The magic class, the melee, the scouts, the warriors, etc. The quality ranges from noob armor, through leveling grade, and often rare and unique. The point is that each class has their own category of armor specific to them.

KK did the right thing by giving the monks their own line of armor. They didn't lower the strength requirements on tank armor so that monks could use it, they designed armor specifically for them. Why don't spies deserve this?

Also, no single category of armor or implant should be excluded. For example, there is no reason why monks shouldn't get some decent eye implants or decent belts for tanks.

Lucjan
22-01-04, 14:09
I do have a different view on that one. Spy, PE and tank are based on a single armor system that is driven by STR and INT.
Using one system for all classes is what makes NC so great as you have more ways to customize your character design and you are not bound to class "restricted" items. This does differ NC from most other RPGs/MMORPGs and I like it.

Only the monk is out of the system with his own defense design with PSI based armor and that did caused some problems in the past...