PDA

View Full Version : Brainport : Droners.........

Ivory
21-01-04, 19:11
I have been thinking about the limitations that a droner has and came across this idea to make them a "cool" class in the game.

Currently droners don't have much arsenal in terms of items or rares maybe one or two drones I think, but this is just another way of showing the potential of a droner.

When I first started this game and when a friend described to me each and every class in the game i was imagining the potential of this class.

The droner is a class that commands equipment to do it job for him even though it is limited with only a few drones as its arsenal, to me the droner should not just be limited to commanding drones what if they can manipulate mechanical objects around them and effectively the objects around them becoming the drone itself for the droner to use.

This scenario is just an example if you guys still are not getting it.

A droner comes across a warbot and destroys the Warbot. However the droner can manipulate the warbot by bypassing all its security systems and effectively after success command the warbot to do the droner's bidding. To me this is the way I see the fullest potential of the droner. Although the droner will be restricted to being glued the same spot it can help them lvl when commanding the warbot.

They will have all the skills that the warbot has to their command such as the tracking missle and also the para shock. The same rules apply that the droner can only command one drone at a time.

The way the droner can manipulate these mechanical mobs is that they can have a droner tool and probably go into a screen that can be similiar to that of the hack screen.

An exmaple of the requirements of the droner tool:

Droner Tool TL50

Cost to buy : 56000 nc

The higher the drone skill the better success of droning the mob (duh)

People may think that it may be make droners powerful but this is to show a how versatile a droner can be. But at the end of the day this is just an idea of the potential of what a droner can be... thats the way I imagined them to be like.

Also just imagine at OP wars if your'e at an OP with lots of mechanical mobs i.e warbots at northstar, hoverbots near the TH op's having this type of command of these mobs can affect the turn of battle at OP wars, the only downside to this may be the heavy lag if there are lots droners commanding these mobs but that can be a sacrifice I am willing to make :angel:

Again I just feel that droners even though there is a lot potential in them right now the droner is very limited in what it can do.

I feel as though I might not have explained this properly but am going on out now so i'll come back and add some more things onto it.

S cast your votes if you like this idea.... if you dont then plz put why... and also any feedback is welcome.... dont flame this thread I dont want it closed in any way and if you have the time chk on this link as well ;) Hybrid idea (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=87922)

Thank you.

Furion
21-01-04, 19:15
thats an awesome idea, kk is never gonna do it tho :\

Agent L
21-01-04, 20:39
So it is basically some kind of necromancy?

Sorry, I sleep with dead animals. And I don't need to see a doctor, I am a doctor. Dr Quinn : )

Benjie
21-01-04, 20:58
I HATED the idea of Mob ressurection when it was suggested to the PPU. But..... Droners should have it. It fits the Cyberpunk/post apocalypse world better.

PPU Mob rez belongs in EQ though and should never be in Neocron.

5 Vegiburgers from moi.

Ehyuko
21-01-04, 22:20
Only very high level mobs such as rank 100+ can be even remotely dangerous to most runners, example how often does a person run away from say... a warbot, hovereye, terror raptor? A lone apu can easily solo these mobs, taking direct hits, the only class I've had problems with these mobs when they spawn right on top of you is the spy - and only because they see through stealth.

Also there is a decided lack of these types of mobs in most op zones, meaning you probably wouldn't see this being used in combat... especially since you'd first have to find the mob, then walk it to the op. While it's a nice idea, it's not really much use over current drones [except for the health and armour of the mob] and has been suggested several times before. However I thank you for trying.

2 new droner rares and the droner helmet combined with the increase of RoF on PB type drones and increased damage... lets see how viable droners are with these.

Ivory
22-01-04, 00:42
Also there is a decided lack of these types of mobs in most op zones, meaning you probably wouldn't see this being used in combat... especially since you'd first have to find the mob, then walk it to the op. While it's a nice idea, it's not really much use over current drones [except for the health and armour of the mob] and has been suggested several times before. However I thank you for trying

Thats the whole idea there are some OP with some great bots in them for example the hover bots at redrock. There pretty much under used and can add a tactical element if your'e defending or attacking the OP. I understand that you'll have to find the mob but the amount of time it takes to organise OP fights these days u'll have one by the time it takes someone to say "attttttaaaccckkkkkkkkkkkkk".

Aslo just got back home and had another droner equipment idea. I hope someone hasnt had the same idea lol. This is one is called nano drones....

Its a futuristic world they would have developed nano technology. What if the droner can implant these buggers on mobs and also players to incapitate them i.e stop them on their tracks. For example droner shoots nano drones onto an enemy and controls one aspect of the enemy. If a droner hits a ppu monk with the nano drones then they can stop the the ppu on their tracks (droner para if you want to call it......NERF lol). The only problem with nano drones are that although they are the latest technology they would be very limited in supply and also very expensive. Plus they can only be used once (so ppl dont get pissed if they keep having nano drones in them). The only way to counter these buggers will be something like a drug or an antitode to destroy them from the inside. Making u all better lol. As i said that it can be only used once until the next Neocron day this is just to stop ppl spamming these buggers onto someone else and in an rp sense "expensive and limited in supply".

This is another idea just to realise the full potential of a droner........

Ivory
22-01-04, 04:33
5 Vegiburgers from moi.

5 star!!!!!!! lies its six stars and u know it :p

Ivory
22-01-04, 16:36
man ppl do sleep with dead animal :confused:

Assimilator
09-03-04, 06:57
Hrm... I like the idea. 5 Stars

One way to keep this "feature" (if KK ever implements it) would be to cut down the mob's fire power. After it's been drone hacked, maybe have the WB do half the damage / remove some of the features (like the parashock). This way, even if you were to hack a 120 / 120 Y commander (rofl), it would only do about the same damage as a mob lvl WB hehe.

Rinaldo
09-03-04, 11:06
Let's put it this way:
- Droners are extracting rare technology parts from mobs such as WarBots to be able to build their rare technological weapons
- There are now a number of drones available for combat, some of them of the rare type (Revenge, Particle Nemesis, Raptor, Mosquito and, why not, Punisher)

I don't buy this as it is.

Build a rare drone (Controller) which you need to fly and strap to the mob so that it will control the mob. The drone is lost after it is used. Possible opponents will be able to see and prepare from an attack of this kind then.

This, however needs to be carefully balanced. I am not sure it can be.

Ivory
09-03-04, 15:44
you're right it need to be carefully balanced but thats the potential I see as a droner so that there not overpowered mofo's.

I think one class should have all the gagets and more arsenal in weapons but again it will prolly be a balance issue, if they did have this it will make OP battles quite interesting.

KK should give an option of 6 stars not 5 :)

Super Mario
09-03-04, 19:25
I think this one of the best ideas i have ever seen !!!111oneone Altho it is screaming for nerf threads before it has even been invented:D well if this were to work droners would be one of the classyest chars to play btw everyone on this thread is taking this all pvp based Just imagine aginst mobs :) So if this were to work the damage on runners would have to be taken down and the damage on mobs v mobs would have to be increased but i love this idea it's teh nuts ;) ***** from me

MrChumble
09-03-04, 20:33
It's a lovely idea, kind of like hacknet on a small scale. I imagine it would be a bitch to code though.

Zanathos
09-03-04, 20:35
if balanced correctly than yes.

as long as the mechanical mob still looks exactly like it did before being taken over than yes.

imagine a mech turtle spying the enemy at OP wars :rolleyes:

actually......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MrChumble
09-03-04, 20:43
When I first started someone told me it was possible to hack warbots. I got visions of sneaking up to them and hi-jacking them, just like this thread suggests. I was so let down when I found out what hacking really was :rolleyes:

Shujin
09-03-04, 20:55
idea has been brought up by 100's of people, never ever even considered by kk

masterguyver
09-03-04, 22:14
cool idea, but here is some ideas to add on.
1. instead of making it so that you have to use a drone to controll a wb; make it so that a researcher can bp a wb or any pure robot so they can be remade. now if ther are no slots it is a melee only. the more slots one it, the more weapons you can put on it.
2. bots from the human size and down can be carred in your inventory and called at anytime, but bigger ones can only be called from a vec depo. (read next part before flaming)
3. first we add a tool that acts like a portable vec depo for one use before the need to be recharged. then (sence a gr can break you apart and remake you) why not make it so that it can do the same, but it is used to transport your mind into the wb. (this way other classes can use wb and spider bots) now droners can choose to use it as a drone or from inside.

cRazy2003
09-03-04, 22:48
Originally posted by masterguyver
cool idea, but here is some ideas to add on.
1. instead of making it so that you have to use a drone to controll a wb; make it so that a researcher can bp a wb or any pure robot so they can be remade. now if ther are no slots it is a melee only. the more slots one it, the more weapons you can put on it.
2. bots from the human size and down can be carred in your inventory and called at anytime, but bigger ones can only be called from a vec depo. (read next part before flaming)
3. first we add a tool that acts like a portable vec depo for one use before the need to be recharged. then (sence a gr can break you apart and remake you) why not make it so that it can do the same, but it is used to transport your mind into the wb. (this way other classes can use wb and spider bots) now droners can choose to use it as a drone or from inside.

HAHAHA
i can see why ur posts got flamed so much lol
sorry but thats a bad idea, figure it out for yourself

brackk
09-03-04, 23:03
While this is a cool idea the bad points are..
a) You loose the loot from the "bot"
b) When you use the droner tool to take over the "bot" your body is stuck out in the open wherever you killed the "bot"
c) When your controled "bot" runs out of ammo or you drop it to hack another WB you're out of luck

Why can't we just have slots and mods for drones ? I fly a drone around at 84%. I'd really love to see how you rifle/pistol and heavys would feel if your fighting weps were little better than twice storebought junk.

40$Poser
09-03-04, 23:09
Originally posted by Shujin
idea has been brought up by 100's of people, never ever even considered by kk

Yeah, KK is too busy toying around with Taxi cabs no one is really going to use for BDoY. Sad this idea will never be considered or looked at. Just plain saddening.

masterguyver
10-03-04, 02:23
Originally posted by cRazy2003
HAHAHA
i can see why ur posts got flamed so much lol
sorry but thats a bad idea, figure it out for yourself

Why? peopbe have been saying they wanted the "mech" fighting that neocorn said they would have. I figured this would be a good way to start.

BTW I care more about a rock's opion then yours.

cRazy2003
10-03-04, 02:59
Originally posted by masterguyver
Why? peopbe have been saying they wanted the "mech" fighting that neocorn said they would have. I figured this would be a good way to start.

BTW I care more about a rock's opion then yours.

he said take over and drone wb's and mobs NOT blueprint, build them and carry them around with you LOL

try re-reading what he said i think u might of made a mistake

John.nl
10-03-04, 03:21
Very cool idea indeed... But what would prevent xp exploiting? I.e. taking over a mob and not shoot back at your friends.

Ivory
10-03-04, 03:35
to be fair thats the risks you're going to have to take u can blame it on malfuctioning of the wb if it hits back at ur mates lol.

Droning the mobs will definately have to be restricted.

@brackk, you'll only loose the loot if someone else has already taken it. It won't stop you from taking control of the mob after you've killed it.

Personally droning mobs should not be bp'd, you have to go and find the mob and drone it after all it should be like a special feature of trying to drone a mob dont u think?

Also chk my nano droner Idea I put onto this topic as well something that seriously need to be looked into :angel:

masterguyver
10-03-04, 03:48
Originally posted by cRazy2003
he said take over and drone wb's and mobs NOT blueprint, build them and carry them around with you LOL

try re-reading what he said i think u might of made a mistake

I suggested the bping so that other classes could could use them as a type of vec. Simuler to the mech suites used in the animatrix.

Mechturtles are about the same size as a reguler drone. why can't we bp and carry them around. Also sence you can carry around a bunch of guns at the same time. why can't we carry 1 or 2 folded up human size bots like a mad copbot.

sanityislost
10-03-04, 06:53
OK so ur a lil droner running n fields all happy that ur lil mech chums are in ur pocket, then you see a Wb off in the distance "Sweet" u think to yourself as u get ur bestest lil shiny chap out and fly towards the WB for some pvm action. Bang Bang you win the wb has fallen over with a loud thud. You drop the drone run on over as fast as ur lil legs can take you, pick the drone up and get ur Drone tool out so u can have some fun. then ur brain starts to kick in, you work out youve killed its aka its broke which is why its not killing you right now soooooo how the hell are you gona get it to work again. its a 100/100 (cant remember the right figure) so ur gona have to get it repaired. because its such as high ranking mob your talking about a really high repair level is gona be needed. you got 2 choices gimp urself to high heven just to get this thing to walk 2 steps or have the droner version of a ppu follow you about to repair everything your evil lil paws get a hold of.

brackk
10-03-04, 08:10
Like i said its a neat idea but either pull the CST caps off drones or allow slots and mods to drones. Droners really dont need more toys till the ones we already have are fixed.....

Ivory
10-03-04, 16:02
ur not repairing the mob as there will be a restriction, you have full control of dorning the mob, once the time expires or someone kills the mob then it cannot be used again.

well to be fair, dont u need a high hacking skill for hakcing an OP layer, and u'll prolly need a higher hack skill for hacknet once it comes out.

With the drone tool, the higher skill of droning or willpower you have will have a higher sucess rate on effectively taking control of a mob. Now to show balance and also not taking the piss, you only have one chance of taking control of a Warbot for example. After you've finished droning it it can explode or what not so that it can't be used again.

Doners have so much potential, thats the way I imagined them to be.

dutchusuk
11-03-04, 02:24
great idea 6 stars.:)http://www.creitive.com/neocron/sig/on564.png

Ivory
11-03-04, 04:22
Its 4 stars right now... I aint happy :mad:

Ivory
24-03-04, 05:08
yay 30 said yes keep it comin :D

XanX
24-03-04, 10:18
"Controller" Drone sounds better, but not just 1, have 3 or 4 different levels, with the forth being a rare drone, something like "Omnipotence" which is the only drone that can control the higher mobs, and then when Bdoy comes out, make a WoC skill for droners to increase the skill level of the drone.

So, lets say we had:

TL30 Controller drone
All mobs < TL30

TL55 Drone
All mobs < TL55

TL75 Drone
All mobs < TL75

Omnipotence(TL95)
All mobs < TL95 (yes this includes DoY bots :D, Imagine a bunch of anti city sitting pretty, then a Doy comes over the hill and pwns them :D :D :D)

Yeah. defo like the idea, needs some more input from everybody :)

Mr_Snow
24-03-04, 13:54
Okay so you want droners to not only have the only rare gatling weapon, an anti-heal drone, but a drone that would shock worse then any parashock ever has?

And on top of that you want droners to be able to control mobs that can take down buffed runners in a half a dozen shots?

Does anybody else get the feeling that this would blatently overpower droners and have people screaming for them to be nerfed back to the obscurity where they were for so long and just after they got boosted to viability in op wars and pvp in general?

Ivory
24-03-04, 16:47
i get the feeling that you skimmed through this post.

We just discussed that they will have be balanced carefully so as to not make them overpowered, again the way I imagined droners to take over a mechanical mob and use it to their advantage. Its shows the potential of a droner. Fair enough they have some cool weapons that some are overpowered but wouldnt you like a class with all the gadgets in the game? Some may be utterly useless and some totally original and fun like this idea. PVP wise they will have to be carefully balanced.

If they did successfully drone a mob, they will have complete control of the mob i.e Warbot but only have limited use of controlling the WB's attack such as have its homing missle attack and also its gat cannon attack, I would not recommend it having the para attack as that will just piss ppl off. This will effectively show a balance as the dmg from the WB will not be that powerful.