PDA

View Full Version : Should riggers dream, hawkins and SA be dropped by mobs outside mc5?

Cyphor
21-01-04, 18:12
Just wanted to see what people would think about having the primeraly spy and pe mc5 chips dropping from guards on the outside of mc5? Perhalps having a second ground commander who is surrounded by guards. To me this would allow spies and pe's to get their mc5 without having to rely on others or alts as they could use range and terrain to fight for their chips, where-as tanks and monks can get theirs the traditional way of nuking everything in a small space :p

Atm unless you use alts or trade with people spies cant get mc5 chips and pe's although might be able to survive there,arent much use. So allow all classes to participate in getting the rares for their class?

Furion
21-01-04, 19:00
its a good idea actually, but easily exploitable. if theres terrain an APU can solo them, and that kinda sux....

Alan
21-01-04, 19:03
HELL YES!!! especially on the Rigger's Dream, It's next to no use to anyone else and droner stands about as much chance off getting one currently as a [insert analogy here] .

MjukisDjur
21-01-04, 19:04
ok, how about "why"?

Possessed
21-01-04, 19:05
No, mc5 is currently the hardest thing in the game too do, go with it, the only thing that I think should happen is more buildings in mc5 where the commander spawns.

Furion
21-01-04, 19:06
well if theyre gonna use the same guards, droners are fucked anyway, since the guards have pinpoint accuracy and almost infinite range.....

*shoots guards once*
*drone goes boom*

rince and repeat, gonna take a while tho :p

Zanathos
21-01-04, 19:07
Only thing that would spawn outside of MC5 if this was the case should be the hawkings and riggers dream, why, because they are the least commonly used MC5 implants, every other one has a use.

well, those one do too but theres so few that do use them or want to use them.....

Cyphor
21-01-04, 19:42
Make the guards outside use cannons rather than rifles that way with a droner or rifler's range they will have difficulty hitting it. And yes mc5 is one of the hardest places in the game fair enought but why have it so hard certain classes cant even attempt it? Make it hard inside and out but for diff reasons. Yes tanks apus and ppus could prob do outside quicker but if theres no chips for them then its not as good a use of their time as inside where they do well anyway.

Also just as a thought if they use cannons up their dmg at short range but cut their long range aiming so that tanks and apus have more trouble outside, thus making inside a better option for them.

edit @ possessed the reason im making this thread is because spies and pe's cant "go with it", for them the challenge isnt mc5 its paying the ridiculous prices for the chips.

Radamez
21-01-04, 19:51
I like the idea personally, I was thinking about this earlier actually, since all I have now is a spy.. and I hate having to rely on others to get what I want.. a way for me to get an SA through my own efforts would be sweet.

But yeh, it'd still have to be made a serious challenge, and made as un-exploitable as possible. 5 stars.

Marx
21-01-04, 19:52
i still think mc5 chips should be made available via a run for pro city folk whilst anti-city folks have to raid mc5 to get parts...

to me, it makes no sense that cityadmin peeps would kill people working on a cityadmin project.

Radamez
21-01-04, 19:58
Orrrrr! (not to get too off-topic) but since a spy isn't worth a damn in mc5.. perhaps a new "pick-pocket" skill where you can nab the loot from the commander while stealthing :p

Say there's a very small chance of pulling it off, and if you fail.. they all blow the piss out of you regardless of you being stealthed..

I dunno, crazy idea.. just a thought ;)

superfresh
21-01-04, 20:22
Considering spies and PEs are helpless inside, I'd be up for it. Sure would make it easy for PPU 'd teams though.

Benjie
21-01-04, 20:23
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
ok, how about "why"?
Coz MC5= MONK+TANK only. Any other class is useless in there.

g0rt
21-01-04, 20:25
mc5 is easy enough as it is, it should be made more difficult if anything...

oh and a PE can do mc5 quite nicely it just takes longer then with a tank or monk, naturally, due to less damage output

Dribble Joy
21-01-04, 20:27
Originally posted by Marx
i still think mc5 chips should be made available via a run for pro city folk whilst anti-city folks have to raid mc5 to get parts...

to me, it makes no sense that cityadmin peeps would kill people working on a cityadmin project.

Actually, if you speak to the people in the n00b mc5, there is a good reason why CA kill and get killed by the mc5 people.

I think that the Base commander should drop more often, about 1/2 chance per kill perhaps.

Edit// i r a muppet

Cyphor
21-01-04, 20:29
Originally posted by superfresh
Considering spies and PEs are helpless inside, I'd be up for it. Sure would make it easy for PPU 'd teams though.

Yeah the prob is tweaking it so that those with alts dont just log their monks and tanks to get their spy imps alot easier than it is for the spies.
Im not sure how to balance this one idea is like the one above where the accuracy could get worse with range possibly even make it highly efficient at 200m range to hurt apus but let rifle spies keep use thier distance. Mc5 is a great place for cliffs which could be used for sniping. Make the dmg alot stronger close up too so that even a ppu will die under heavy fire.
Next perhalps have the outside mobs deal poison dmg in the form of the chaos caves (with the strength of the commander :eek: dealing pure non stack poison dmg ) shields would be useless and drones can take a few hits from poison mobs, and could use thier range.

Cyphor
21-01-04, 20:36
Originally posted by g0rt
mc5 is easy enough as it is, it should be made more difficult if anything...

oh and a PE can do mc5 quite nicely it just takes longer then with a tank or monk, naturally, due to less damage output

As i said a pe can do it but its more hassel than its worth for them imo. Id like to see a spy do it without having to gimp their set-up too, it may be possible but you shouldnt force a char to gimp himself to hunt and give him a harder time doing it than other chars imo. Yes mc5 should be the hardest place in the game thats not the argument, the argument here is how its unfairly unbalanced to certain classes, so those on one char servers or without high lvl monk/tank alts have alot harder time getting imps.

Also id like to see any droner do mc5 :lol: